• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 3,004 Views, 30 Comments

The rainbow story - The Two Writers



Running from your past, you end up in Ponyville to start your new life. After shortly arriving you meet a very beautiful rainbow haired girl and you slowly fall in love.

  • ...
7
 30
 3,004

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

You pull a cloud into the correct spot, filling a hole and you move onto another spot, stretching the clouds over it. The only thing you can hear is the music being blasted from your headphones as you work trying to cover the sky for the big storm scheduled. You look around and see a big sea of blackish clouds and a rainbow haired girl flying towards you. She lands and starts to talk.

“Sorry what?” you ask as you take off your headphones and rest them on your neck.

“I said that we are done, you can head home now,” Dash says wiping the sweat from her brow. “I gotta go home and feed Tank so I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah, see you later,” you say as she steps forward and gives you a quick kiss. With a smile and a wave she takes off, you wave back and start to head in the opposite direction. Walking on the clouds during a storm is always fun, with every step you take your foot is pushed back with more force than if there wasn't a storm. You walk up to a rack you made out of clouds earlier that had your bag and umbrella on it and put your stuff up so they won't wet. With everything fastened properly you crouch down and open a hole in the clouds, big enough to let you fall through. You flip the hood on your sweatshirt and drop down, a quick look up reveals the clouds have moved back on their own. You pivot your body so you are pointed at a steep angle and gain speed very fast. You can't see the ground, but on instinct you pull out of your dive just in time to avoid painting the streets a new red color. With high speeds you race through the streets, devoid of almost all people. Within seconds you are in front of your destination: the library. You walk up to the door and knock, a little kid with green spiky hair and a purple sweatshirt on answers it.

“Hey, Spike. I got a book to return,” you say giving him a fist bump.

“Come on in, I’ll go get Twilight,” Spike said as he disappeared up the stairs. You don't venture far into the library, being soaking wet, only at the door mat. Twilight comes down the stairs and greets you by almost giving you a hug, but thinking better of it.

“It's been a while since you've been here, how was your trip to Manehatten?” she asks.

“I got drunk and faced my father, hopefully he will leave me alone now,” you say as you did around in your bag for the book, once you have it you hand it to Twilight how gives her thanks. “I gotta get going, see you around.”

“See you later,” Twilight says as you head out the door. Outside you decide the take out the umbrella and walk home. You stop by Applejack's stand, you are unsurprised by it being open given how the owner is, and buy a couple apples, eating them as you walk. Before long you are back inside your apartment, you toss your wet cloths in your hamper and get your pajama bottoms and a black shirt and head into the shower. As you step out you can hear the loud raindrops and thunder through your walls. Man, I would hate to be out in this storm. You think to yourself as you walk out of your bathroom while you dried your hair. You sit on your couch just as somebody knocks on your door. Well shit.

You get back up and open the door to find three little girls looking up at you. With a sigh you let them in. “Come on in, girls.”

“Thanks, Sonic,” Sweetie Belle said. They all were quite wet and water was starting to drip on your carpet so you grab three towels and give them to the girls.

“So what are you three doing here?” you ask trying to get some answers. It was Applebloom who spoke up.

“We were on our way to Fluttershy's because we were going to have a sleep over at her house, but we kinda got side tracked and found ourselves in this storm,” she said, putting on an apologetic smile.

“We're sorry, Sonic,” Scootaloo said, hanging her head.

“Right well I have to make a few phone calls, you can sit down and do whatever, one moment,” you say excusing yourself to your bedroom, closing the door behind you. You grab your phone and dial Fluttershy's number.

“H-hello?” She answers on the third ring.

“Hey Fluttershy, it's Sonic.”

“Oh, hello Sonic, how are you doing?”

“Oh I’m doing fine, how about you?”

“I'm alright, Angle caught a cold though due to the storm, not that I’m blaming you or Rainbow,” she adds quickly.

“It's alright, tell Angle that I'm sorry. The reason I called, other than idle chit chat, is about five minute ago Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle showed up at my door.”

“Oh my! I’m so terribly sorry, I was suppose to watch over them but I guess I didn't do a good job...” she trailed off.

“Oh no, Fluttershy, I was just sure that you were wondering where they were at.”

“Oh yes, when they didn't show up at the time they were suppose to I started to get worried.”

“Well this storm is pretty bad, I'm not sure if they should be out in it alone, so I was thinking about taking them to your house.”

“Oh I’m sorry to tell you this but there is major flooding around my house, there isn't any way you could get them to my house.”

“Hmm, I’m not really sure what to do, I guess I could let them stay over here,” you say half to yourself.

“Oh, I’m sure they would just love that, though you should probably check with Applejack, Rarity and the orphanage first.”

“Yeah, well I guess I should let you go, I’m sure that Angel needs you, again I’m sorry about him getting a cold.”

“Oh it's not anything to worry about, good bye.”

“Bye,” you say as you hang up. Thinking for a minute you stand up and go back to the living room and stand in front of the three little girls, who look up at you like they just caught doing something bad. “I just got off the phone with Fluttershy, I was going to walk you back to her house, but flooding around her house and a sick bunny has flattened that idea, seeing as I can't fly in a storm of this magnitude. So I was thinking of having your little slumber party or whatever here.” The three of them perk right up and are suddenly bouncing around your legs shouting with shouts of approval. “Hey girls, calm down, I still need to call your respected guardians to see if they will let you stay.” They stopped at this and sat back down on the couch. You head back to your room and decide to call Applejack first.

“Hello?” Applejack answers on the second ring.

“Hey Applejack, it's Sonic.”

“Oh hello sugarcube, what can Ah do for you?”

“Um well due to Cutie Mark Crusaders' need for adventure, they got side tracked and couldn't get to Fluttershy's house in time, and there is flooding in her area, so they showed up at my apartment. I called Fluttershy and we came up with the idea to just have their slumber party over here.”

“Well Ah don't have a problem with it, but can y'all handle three little girls like them?”

“I'm sure I’ll be fine, well I should probably call Rarity so I’m going to have to let you go.”

“Alright well I’ll see you later then.” With that you hang up and dial Rarity's number, who picks up on the sixth ring, sounding like she just woke up.

“Hello?”

“Hey Rarity, it's Sonic. Look I’m just going to give you the short version, the CMC got side tracked and didn't make it in time to get the her house before the area around her flooded, I called Applejack and told her the idea to just let them have their slumber party over here, what do you think?”

“Oh, I think that is a wonderful idea, all three of them talk about you almost non-stop, you may replace Rainbow as Scootaloo's idol,” she said chuckling.

“Yeah, well I have to call the orphanage, and I will let you get back to your beauty sleep I know I awoke you from.”

“Oh, I guess you didn't hear, the kids from the orphanage had to be moved to town hall due to unexpected flooding, but I will go back to my beauty sleep, thank you.” she said before she hung up. You once before getting off your bed and heading back into the living room, standing in front of the three girls.

“You three can stay,” you say, the three girls immediately go back to bouncing around your legs. This is going to be one long night.