• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 3,003 Views, 30 Comments

The rainbow story - The Two Writers



Running from your past, you end up in Ponyville to start your new life. After shortly arriving you meet a very beautiful rainbow haired girl and you slowly fall in love.

  • ...
7
 30
 3,003

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“So what do you three normally do at one of your sleepovers?” you ask. The three girls are sitting on your couch and you are sitting on your coffee table.

“Well we usually watch movies,” Sweetie Belle said.

“And play games,” Applebloom added.

“And go crusading for our cutie marks!” Scootaloo added. “Though, I don't think that we can do that with it raining,” she finished with pout.

“Alright, what do you guys want to do first?” you ask. “I don't have any board games, so I hope you brought some with you.”

“I brought Apples to Apples,” Applebloom said as she dug around in her overnight bag.

“We played that game hundreds of times, don't you have anything else?” Scootaloo asked.

“Sorry.”

“I brought My Little Seamstress!” Sweetie Belle piped up. Both Applebloom and Scootaloo gave her a look that said: Are you kidding me? “Maybe not.”

“Then we don't have any games to play,” Scootaloo said with a frown.

“I got a game you can play, its fairly easy to play,” you say. The three little girls look at you.

“What kind of game?” Sweetie Belle asked with a tilt of her head.

“Let me get it,” you say dismissing yourself. You head into the kitchen and pull open a drawn that was filled with miscellaneous. After you rummage through it a few minutes you find what you were looking for, and walk back the girls and sit in front of the coffee table so it comes up to your chest. You take the cards you grabbed and begin to shuffle them.

“Are we playing Go-Fish?” Scootaloo asked in a bored tone.

“No,” you say as you gave Scootaloo a card, then Applebloom a card, then Sweetie Belle a card, then yourself a card, then giving each of them another card. “Alright, first things first. Don't tell anybody I’m teaching you guys how to play this.”

“We won't,” they all said.

“Alright, look at your cards, but hide them from each other,” you say as you peek at your cards. An eight of hearts and an ace of spades. “Alright normally you would place bets with bits, but lets just get you guys the hang of the game first,” you say. You discard one card and lay one down. An ace of hearts. “You would place another bet now,” you say, then you discard another card and place another card on the table. A king of diamonds. “Another bet,” you discard another card and lay down three cards. Two of clubs, three of hearts, and a ten of spades. “Now you would place a final bet, then show your cards,” you say and you reveal your cards, the girls doing the same. Scootaloo had the queen of hearts and the queen of diamonds, Applebloom had the king of spades and the two of clubs, and Sweetie Belle had the aces of clubs and hearts.

“Sweetie Belle would win because she had two aces and that would pair with the ace on the field,” you explain to them. “Wanna play again?”

“Sure,” they say. You gather the cards, shuffle and deal another hand, Sweetie Belle winning again. Soon both Applebloom and Scootaloo wanted nothing more than to beat Sweetie Belle, who was having tons of fun. The four of you soon lose track of time and play for a few hours easy, the only thing to tell you how much time has passed is three little tummies growling in hunger.

“I'll start dinner, you three think you can play without me?” you ask.

“Yeah, maybe I can finally win if you stop dealing,” Scootaloo says glaring at Sweetie Belle's clearly bigger pile of borrowed bits. You chuckle and head to the kitchen to pull out hamburger. You make a simple dinner of hamburgers and fries.

“It's getting pretty late, so why don't you guys get changed and I’ll get my laptop so you can watch some movies,” you say.

“First!” Applebloom yells as she grabs her bag and races to the bathroom.

“Hey!” Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo say then scoff. You can't help but chuckle. You take the cushions off the couch and pull out the bed. Applebloom comes out dressed in her pajamas, and Scootaloo races to the bathroom. After she comes out Sweetie Belle enters and exits dressed for bed. You set up you laptop to your projector and project a movie on the wall as the girls get comfortable. You sit on the bed also next to Scootaloo, and your favorite movie as a kid begins. It's a fairly long movie and in the middle of it both Sweetie Belle and Applebloom fall asleep, and Scootaloo rest her head on your arm, watching the movie with half lidded eyes.

“Thanks for doing this, Sonic,” Scootaloo says catching you by surprise.

“Huh? Oh, yeah no problem Scoots, anytime,” you say. Scootaloo yawns and her eyes finally close and soft snoring fills the air. You can't help but smile. You can feel your eyes start to get heavy so you turn off the movie and lean you head back, letting sleep overcome you.