• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 3,003 Views, 30 Comments

The rainbow story - The Two Writers



Running from your past, you end up in Ponyville to start your new life. After shortly arriving you meet a very beautiful rainbow haired girl and you slowly fall in love.

  • ...
7
 30
 3,003

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

You find yourself walking down a dark hallway, it seems to go on forever. You take out your flashlight and turn it on, letting the beam sweep over the empty hallway. You enter a room, but there is nothing in here save a few dust bunnies in the corner. You head inside and when you step in the middle the door suddenly slams behind you. You turn quickly, and something you can't see picks you up by your shirt, lifting you off the ground a couple of feet. You snap open your wings and beat them with all of your might. The invisible thing looses its grip on your and you fly back, slamming yourself in the wall. You cry out, but quickly recover. You dash towards the grimy window but just as you were about to jump the thing caught your foot and you fell to the ground, bouncing your head off the wooded floor.

You are suddenly flipped on your back, the thing was now visible. It had a black, grotesque, bald head with no eyes. It's lip-less mouth opened and it spoke.

“Sir, I need to see your ticket.” It said with a very high-pitched girly voice. You just look at it with confusion. “Sir, please wake up I need to see your ticket.”

You snap your eyes open, you raise your head off the window you were resting it on. You look over and you see a lady with her hand extended.

“I'm sorry to disturb your sleeping, but we are almost to Ponyville, I need to see your ticket.” She said with a very sweet smile.

“Oh, it's ok I was having a nightmare.” You say as you gave her your ticket. You brush your hands through your hair and over your face. The lady hands you your ticket back and you shove it back in your pocket. You look over the train you are on, then look back out the window. You see rolling hills and a town in the distance. You pull out a hand mirror from you pack in the seat besides you and you see that you really need to shave. You're starting to get some peach fuzz. You try to flatten down you yellow and black hair, but it's pointless. Too many hours of flying at top speed has made your hair the messiest mess you've ever seen. Most people would try their hardest to keep their hair from messing up while flying, but you've never really cared. You manage to somewhat flatten your hair, but it still resembled that of a rats nest. You put the mirror back and check your phone. Three texts from your mom, and six texts from “Baby”. You quickly delete all of them, not bothering to read them. You already know what they say. Mom: “Please come home, your father and brother didn't mean it.” Baby: “Please tell me whats wrong”. Second message: Just cussing you out. Third: Apologizing for cussing you out. Repeat. You rub the sleep from your eyes and you hear the chime from your phone that tells you, you have a text. You check who it is from ant the name said Flash. You open it.

“Hey buddy everything alright? Speedy said that you ran off. Where did you go? What's going on? Text back as soon as you can.”

Ah Flash and Speedy. Your two best friends. You text back “The usual at my house, just couldn't take it anymore. Moving to Ponyville. Don't tell my family.” You wait for a few seconds and you get a reply. “Wouldn't dream of telling them, Sonic. Tell me when you move in so me and Speedy can visit. Stay frosty.” You chuckle a little, and put your phone up. The train enters the train station and you swing your bag over your shoulder, mindful of your wings, and depart. You take a deep breath as you step on the platform. The air is much cleaner here that Manehatten. You exit the train station, you are about to head for town hall till you realize, you have no idea where it is.

You see a group of people walk past you, but you don't say anything. You were never to good with groups. You spot a plump woman that looked like she was in her mid-thirty’s, and you step up to her.

“Excuse me ma'am?” You ask shyly.

“Oh, yes young man?” She asked cheerfully.

“Um, do you know where town hall is?” You ask quickly.

“Oh yes, it is right down this street then you take a right. You can't miss it. If you don't mind me asking, are you moving to Ponyville?” She asked with a sweet smile.

“Oh, um yeah.” You reply.

“Well then, allow me to be the first to say, Welcome to Ponyville. Please stop by the Sugarcube Corner if you are in need of something sweet.” She said kindly.

“I defiantly will, thank you.” You say. You start to head down the street she pointed to, and at the end you take a right. Before you know it you are in front of the town hall. You straighten your pack on your back and head inside. You walk up to the receptionist, who greets you with a smile.

“Hello and what can I do for you today?” She asks sweetly.

“Um, I was wondering if you had any available housing?” You ask.

“Oh, of coarse and what is you price range?”

“I can't go over 1,000 bits.” You say shyly.

“Not a problem.” She said as she typed a few things into her computer. “Ok, we have a small apartment, for 700.” she said as she turned her computer screen towards you. The screen displayed a small one bedroom apartment. It looks like it's in perfect order, and it comes with furniture.

“I'll take it.” You say.

“Ok, then. One moment please.” she said as she turned the screen back to her, she typed a few things in then turned back to you. “The mayor will need to approve this and collect the bits. One moment please.” She said as she stood up and walked down the hallway and disappeared around the corner. She came back a minute later with an older woman, but not too old.

“Ah, are you the young man who is looking for housing?” She asked when she saw you.

“Yes ma'am.” You say politely.

“I need to see some form of id if you please.” She said.

“Yes of coarse.” You say as you take out your wallet. You soon realize that the only thing you have that can count as id would be you old library card. “Will this suffice?” You ask with an apologetic tone.

“It will do just fine Mr. Wave.” She said as she took the card and looking over it quickly before handing it back. “Follow me please.” She said and she started to walk back down the hall, you follow quickly. She guides you to an office and she sits behind a big wooded desk. The name plague on it says “Mayor Mare”. She retrieves some papers from a drawer and slide them to you along with a pen.

“Please fill this out, along with the money and you will be in your new apartment today.” She says with a cheerful tone and a smile.

First question: What if your name? Sonic Wave.

Second question: Age? 19.

The rest of the questions are common questions that you answer with ease. You reach into your bag and pull out a small brown bag. You take out you wallet and count out 700 paper bits and place then on the paper, and slide it back to the mayor, who recounts the money and looks over the paper work. She takes a stamp out and stamps on the paper and gets up and walks around the desk.

“Let me tell you that I am very happy to call you a resident of Ponyville.” She says with a big smile, and she hands you a set of keys, and a map.

“Thank you.” You say, and pick up you bag. Together you and the mayor walk out and down the hall, in the lobby she stops you.

“You know if you like books, you should stop by the Library, it has a vast collection. It's on the map.” She says with a sweet smile.

“Thanks I will.” You say. You leave and take out the map, your new home is marked for you so you quickly fly there. You enter an apartment complex and you take an elevator up to the third floor, and your room is the closest to the elevator. Room 30. You unlock the door and step inside. The walls are a pleasant shade of green, and the carpet is a nice pinkish color. You close the door, and sit on the old time floral print sofa. You look around the room and you take in the scenery. The living room is connected to the small kitchen, which has a small stove, three cabinets, and a small fridge. The living room has only the sofa in it and a small coffee table, behind you, you can see a small room with a sheet-less bed, and a small nightstand next to it. To the right there is a small bathroom with a small shower.

“This will work.” You say to yourself. You get up and walk into the kitchen, looking through the cabinets and the fridge, it is clear that you need to do some shopping. You make a list and you take out your map. You exit your apartment with list and map in hand. Out on the streets you take out your map and you find a store that sells all of what you need. You quickly fly to the shop, but you don't fly back. The plates you have are too frail to risk flying with them. You take out your map and find the easiest route to take. You put on your headphones and turn on some DJ Pon3, and start to walk down the road, passing many people one the way, many of them say hello. You are surprised by how friendly the people are, but you return every hello. You find yourself walking next to an empty field with you head down, totally oblivious to the world around you. The obliviousness didn't last long because something big hit your chest going very fast. You are knocked off your feet, your bags flying everywhere. You hit your head on the ground and you black out.

You wake up to two voices that sounds like girl's voices.

"Ah think ya killed 'im." Said a southern voice.

"No I didn't. He's just knocked out. See he's coming around." Said the other girls voice. You slowly open your eyes, and start to move. You vision is very blurry and you see a rainbow of colors in front of you. You blink your eyes and start to move.

"Shit." You say as you sit up putting a hand to the back of your head, you don't feel any wetness.

"Hey are you alright?" A girl's voice asked. You look around and you see two girls. The one crouching next to you has short rainbow colored hair, and is wearing a light blue jump suit on. The other girl who was standing a few feet away wore what looked like work cloths and an old stetson.

"Ah think broke 'im." The girl with the stetson said, looking at you suspiciously.

"No I'm not broke, more rattled up." You say, you try to move your wings, but you get a sharp pain in your left one. you hiss at the sudden pain.

"Sorry, I think it's dislocated." The rainbow haired girl said, looking at it. You turn your head to look at it, and it was sticking out at quite an odd angle.

"Shit." You repeat under your breath. You grab a hold of your wing at the base, suck in a breath, and popped it back into place.

"Damn, you're pretty strong to be able to do that." The rainbow color haired girl said with a low whistle.

"Yeah, well It's been through worse." You say as you stand up.

"Ya know, ah don't think ah have ever seen you around here before. Are y'all new to Ponyville?" The country girl asked as she stepped closer.

"Yeah, i just moved in today. I was out buying stuff i needed for my apartment." You rely as you stretch, trying to loosen up your back.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry. Here are your bags." The rainbow headed girl said as she handed you back your bags. you look inside only to find that most of your plates are broke, though a few made it through.

"It's funny I didn't fly because I didn't want to break these plates." You say, thinking out loud.

"Sorry again, I can pay for the broken plates." The rainbow headed girl said with an apologetic tone in her voice.

"Don't worry about it." You say as you start to walk away. The girls catch up each on each side of you.

"My name's Rainbow Dash, and she's Applejack." The rainbow haired girl said. Applejack waved.

"Sonic Wave." You say. You hear a chime come from Rainbow Dash's direction. She pulls out her cell phone and checks something.

"Shit, hey I have to run. I'll catch you guys later an Sonic, I promise to make it up to you some how." Rainbow Dash says as her wings unfold from her back and she takes off.

"Hey, are you sure your alright?" Applejack asked when you two are alone.

"You, don't worry about." You say.

"Alright, well I have to get going, stop by Sweet Apple Acres if you ever need a job, or if you want to hang out." Applejack says as she walks away.

"Yeah sure." You call after her. You walk back to your apartment and put up the stuff that wasn't broken. Feeling very worn out your fall on your bed and you pass out instantly.

Author's Note:

I hope this story caught your attention and you stay tuned for the next chapter. Please rate.