• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 3,003 Views, 30 Comments

The rainbow story - The Two Writers



Running from your past, you end up in Ponyville to start your new life. After shortly arriving you meet a very beautiful rainbow haired girl and you slowly fall in love.

  • ...
7
 30
 3,003

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

You wake up groggy, not really wanting to get up you hug your pillow. You feel a vibrating against your leg. You dig out your phone and you see that Flash is calling you.

“Hello?” You say in a voice that was barely understandable.

“Sonic man, did you just get up?” Flash asked in his usual sing song voice. He was way too damn happy in the mornings.

“No, I haven’t gotten up yet. Why are you calling be at... three in the morning.” You ask as you check the time on your phone.

“Just worried about you man, hey are you settled in yet?” Flash asked.

“Yes.” You reply, closing your eyes. You dozed off and are waken up again by Flash yelling in your ear. “Hey can I call you back?” You asked.

“Yeah man. See you later, stay frosty.” Flash says and you hang up. You don't want to but you force yourself to get up. You pick up your pack and take out a towel, exercise cloths, and your tooth brush along with tooth paste, and a razor. You head in the bathroom and take a refreshing shower, waking you completely up. You dress and brush your teeth, and shave. You go to your kitchen and you take out the carton of eggs you bought yesterday, and fry yourself up some eggs. With the light breakfast under your belt you head out into the quiet and asleep Ponyville. Celestia has yet to raise the sun, and it is slightly cold outside. You stretch your wings and fly high in the air, you fly to the field where you met Rainbow Dash and Applejack the day before. On the ground you can see that about a mile downwards there is a lone tree. You start to fly towards it at a nice and slow pace. You circle the tree, and ended back where you started. Stretching out your wings some more, you take off for the tree at extremely high speeds. You are back where you started in a fifth of the time it took you too do it at a normal pace.

You continue to do this till the sun rises, each time trying to go faster than before. As the sun starts to break through over the horizon you decide to fly home. Back at your house you shower and eat a real breakfast. You grab your phone, a pair of aviators, and your map along with your messenger bag and you exit your apartment for a second time that day.

Out on the streets of Ponyville, you check you phone for the time. Its about ten, and you start to walk, nowhere in particular, just to familiarize yourself with Ponyville. You walk down one street and you see that you are in a type of shopping plaza. All around you are stores, each selling a different thing. You start to walk towards the middle when you see a familiar face. Applejack was selling apples in the middle of the street, nobody seemed to be buying any though. You walk towards her and her stand and she sees you and waves at you. You wave back and walked up to the stand.

“Good morning Sonic!” Applejack says when you stand in front of her stand.

“Good morning Applejack. How's business?” You ask, making casual conversation.

“It's a little slow today, ah still haven't made a sale.” She says with a sigh.

“Allow me to make the first purchase today.” You say as you give her a couple of bits, she in return gave you three apples. You however don't eat them but put them in your bag.

“So how's your wing?” She asks, as she put the bits in a small metal box.

“It's fine. I just thought to get to know Ponyville if I’m going to be living here.” You say as you stretch.

“Ah, well don't let me keep you. See ya.” She says and you walk away. You remember the mayor say something about there being a library here, so you take out your map and you quickly find it. Mapping out a path in your head you head out for it, looking at everything as you walk. You are in front of the library in no time and the sign on the door says “Open, please come on in.” You open the door and you are greeted with a book flying straight for your head. You quickly duck and the book hits the wall, falling to the ground. You look at the direction of where the book came from and you see Rainbow Dash in the air. She is wearing blue shorts, and a light blue t-shirt with running shoes.

“You're just trying to kill me, aren’t you?” You ask as you take off your glasses and you pick up the book.

“Sorry about that Sonic.” She said as she flew towards you, you hand her the book back. “So how's your wing?” She asked.

“It's fine, flew a little bit. It's stiff but it's fine.” You say as you look into her eyes. You didn't realize this before but she is actually kinda cute.

“So what are you doing here? Looking for a book?” Rainbow Dash asks as she turns back around, placing the book in a stack on a table.

“Yeah.” You say as you look at the books lining the shelves.

“Twilight! Customer!” Rainbow Dash yells up a flight of stairs. A girl with long, straight, purple hair with a pink streak in it, wearing baggy cargo pants, a white dress shirt with a purple vest over it, along with black and white converse shoes that are like your own, came down the stairs. It was clear that she knew magic because a book was levitating in front of her.

“Oh hello. I don't believe I ever met you.” She said in a kind soft voice.

“I just moved here yesterday, my names Sonic Wave. I was told that this place has good books.”

“Ah yes, do you have a book in mind?” She asked, putting the book down.

“Not really, just something fictional.” You reply.

“Hmm, well that is really tough, what category do you like? Action? Drama? Adventure? Fantasy? Romance?” She asked.

“Here, try Daring Do.” Rainbow Dash said as she dropped a book in your hands ans she flew across the room with other books in her hands. You look over the reviews, it does seem to get a lot of good reviews.

“Thanks Rainbow Dash, I think this is good.” You say to Twilight Sparkle. She takes the book and leads you to a counter, where she scans the bar code on the back. As she was doing this, you feel you right thigh vibrate. You reach in you pocket and pull out your phone. “Speedy” flashes on the screen.

“Can I take this in here?” You ask Twilight, who nods.

“Yeah?” You ask.

“Hey man, whats up dude! Flash told me all about you moving to Ponyville.” Speedy says very fast. It was hard to understand him when you first met him, but after 16 years you can understand him like he was speaking in a normal speed.

“Yeah, he said that you guys were going to get some money and visit.” You said as you absentmindedly walking slowly next to a book case, looking at the titles but not actually looking at them.

“Yeah, we got part-time jobs. Speaking of which I have to get back to mine, I just wanted to know how you were doing.” Speedy says.

“Yeah alright I’m doing fine, I’ll let you get back to your job. Good bye.” You say as you hang up, you quickly walk back to the counter. “Sorry.”

“Not a problem, so have you made any new friends yet?” Twilight Sparkle asked and she handed you the book.

“Not sure, Rainbow Dash almost killed me yesterday.” You say as you put the book in your bag.

“Yeah she does that.” Twilight said as she looked at Rainbow Dash who was putting books in a book shelf. “Hey, if you don't know anybody, you should come to this party with us tomorrow. It's at a lake, and a lot of people will be there.”

“Yeah, you should totally come, it will be so much fun!” Rainbow Dash says as she drops down next to you.

“Well I’m not doing anything tomorrow, what time?” You ask.

“Eight A.M. I will swing by your house, and get you if that's alright with you.” Rainbow Dash says.

“That's fine by me.” You say.

“Alright then, remember to bring a towel and swimming trunks if you plan on swimming.” Twilight Sparkle says. You turn to leave when the door opens again and a little boy, about 13, with green hair and a purple shirt on with matching purple pants, walks through the door.

“Spike! Finally your back, you said that you would be back twenty minutes ago, we are behind schedule. Rainbow Dash, you can leave, thanks for the help.” Twilight Sparkle said as she assured Spike up the stairs. You hold open the door for Rainbow Dash and you step outside, putting your sun glasses back on.

“Hey do you want to hang out today?” Rainbow Dash asks turning to look at you.

“Yeah sure.” You say, it's not like you have anything else planned for today. You two start to walk.

“So what do you like to do for fun?” Rainbow Dash asks. It's safe to say you didn't expect that question. It's a very common question but you never really had any time to do anything fun, so it takes you a minute to think of something.

“Race, I guess.” You say. Rainbow Dash, stops and turns around to face you.

“So you like to race?” She asks, with a grin on her face. “How fast are you?”

“Not sure, I never really cared before.” You say.

“Wanna race?” Rainbow Dash asks, suddenly very giddy.

“Yeah, sure.” You say and Rainbow Dash takes your hand and you fly to the same field you were at earlier.

“Ok, the rules are simple. 1. Don't cheat. 2. No hitting. That's it.” Rainbow Dash said as she emptied her pockets. She set down her phone and keys on the ground and started to stretch. You set down your bag, with your glasses, phone, and keys laying on top of it.

“Ready when you are.” You say.

“Alright then, first one to make it down to that mark, do you see it?” She asks, you follow to where she's pointing at and you see a bright blue stick sticking out of the ground. You nod to her question. “Alright,” she continues. “Fly down there, then back. First one back wins.”

You stand next to her in a starting position, she yells go and she takes off, you are right behind her. She is going faster than you expected, but not as fast as you could go. You stay atop of her till you reach the marker. You pull a sharp turn and it's clear that she didn't expect that because of the slightly shocked look on her face. She pours on the speed and shoots past you. You in turn pour on the speed also and you easily match her speed. She is clearly trying very hard, she sounds out of breath, so you back down a little, being the gentleman you are. She lands and almost collapses, but somehow manages to stay upright.

“I win.” She said between breaths. She lays on the cool grass, and you sit down next to her.

“You are pretty fast.” You say.

“The fastest in Equestria.” She boasts, her breathing still very ragged. Lay down and close your eyes, letting the slight cool breeze blow across your face. It was nice and quiet, till you hear a rumbling sound, you look over at Rainbow Dash who was blushing slightly.

“Sorry I get a little hungry after a good race.” She says. With a soft chuckle you stand up and walk to your bag, retrieving the tree apples. You walk back and toss two of them to Rainbow Dash. “Thanks! I assume you've met Applejack today already?” She asks as she takes a bite of one apple.

“Yeah, earlier today.” You say as you bite into your apple, it was probably the best you've ever eaten. It must have shone on your face, because you hear giggling coming from Rainbow Dash.

“That good huh?” She asks as she takes the last bite from her apple, throwing the core across the field. “I feel bad for taking your last apple.” she says with a small smile.

“Then we will split it.” You say, taking the apple, you grip it on each side and twist each hand different ways, the apple slits in half cleanly. You hand one half to a slightly shocked Rainbow Dash, the expression on her face makes you laugh.

“How strong are you?” She asks, taking a bite of the apple.

“Actually not as strong as I seem, you could probably do that to if you tried.” You say. You and Rainbow Dash hang out for the rest of the day, you race a couple of times and she shows you where everything is in Ponyville. The sun starts to sink and you decide you should probably get home if you are to wake up at ten in the morning. Rainbow Dash follows you home so she knows where to go in the morning. You unlock you door and swing it open.

“You wanna come in?” You ask turning towards her.

“Sure.” She says and walks past you, you tell her to make herself at home while you disappear into you bedroom and put up you messenger bag. Back in the living room, Rainbow Dash is sitting on your sofa.

“Can I get you anything? Water? Tea? Milk?” You ask heading into the kitchen.

“Some tea would be nice, where is your bathroom?” She asks, you point to the other closed door and she excuses herself. You bring some water to boil on your stove, and take out two cracked cups. You have the tea ready when she returns and you hand her her cup. She takes a sip and lets out a loud “Mmm”.

“You like it?” You ask with a smile.

“Yeah it's pretty good.” She says as she takes another sip. You feel a vibrating in your pants and take out your phone. Baby flashes on the screen.

“Shit.” You say as you ignore the call, you instantly get another call back, and you ignore that one too. Every time you ignore a call another one. In the end you just take your phone battery out.

“Sorry about that, old girlfriend that won't take the hint.” You say as you down the rest of your tea.

“Bummer. Oh shit, hey I have to go sorry, I'll be by around eight k?” She asks, you nod and she downs the rest of her tea and bolts out the door. With a sigh you put both cups in your small sink and quickly wash them. You make a small dinner and after that you change into your pajamas and your crawl into bed and go to sleep, but not before putting your phone battery back in and hooking it up to it's charger.

Author's Note:

I hope that you like my story and please rate, and stay tuned till next time.