• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 3,003 Views, 30 Comments

The rainbow story - The Two Writers



Running from your past, you end up in Ponyville to start your new life. After shortly arriving you meet a very beautiful rainbow haired girl and you slowly fall in love.

  • ...
7
 30
 3,003

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

You wake up to a light pressure on your chest and the feel of light soft feathers over you like a blanket. You sense another presence that is in the room with you, really close to your face. Suddenly alarmed you snap your eyes open and you are greeted with a very startled Fluttershy. She lets out a very high pitched and loud 'eep!' waking Dash.

“What the-?” She asked in the stupor of sleep, she sat up quickly, looking around for the sound that woke her. Her eyes fell upon Fluttershy who was backed into the wall, her face a deep red color.

“Hey Fluttershy, whats up?” Dash asked still half asleep, as she settled herself back on your chest, trying to snuggle closer. Suddenly she understood the situation she was in, her eyes flew open and quickly threw herself off you.

“Fluttershy! What are you doing here? How did you get it?” Dash asked quickly, her eyes wide.

“The door was unlocked.” She said very quietly, pointing to the door.

“Shit.” Dash said with a sigh, you moved your feet and she sat down. You stand up and stretch, you feel satisfied when you hear and feel multiple pops from your back. You then realize that you have no shirt on and you are showing Fluttershy your abs, who has gone even redder in the face.

“Sorry.” You say as stop shoving your abs in Fluttershy's face. You head into the bathroom and find your shirt, dry but it still smelled like soda. The event from last night came back to you, after the last movie of the trilogy Dash was thirsty so she got a soda, but spilled it all over you.

You leave the bathroom and see Dash talking to Fluttershy.

“... and that's why I was sleeping on top of Sonic.” She finished.

“So does that mean you two are a couple?” Fluttershy asked in a quiet voice.

“Well, yeah.” Dash replied, with a shy smile. “So what did you come here for?”

“Oh, I was suppose to tell Sonic that his ex is still here but her body guards have left his house.” She said quietly.

“Well that's good but I still need her to leave Ponyville.” You say as you sit next to Dash, you grab your phone and dial Flash's number, he picks up on the third ring.

“Hello?” He asks cheerfully.

“I have a big problem.” You say.

“Spill the beans, what is it?”

“Elegance is here in Ponyville.”

“Oh shit. When did she arrive?”

“Yesterday. I need to figure out a way to make her get out of Ponyville.” You say as you run a hand through your hair. Flash is silent for a few minutes.

“Maybe you can come to Manehatten and hope she follows.” He says with a sigh.

“That's not too bad of an idea. That's what I’ll do, thanks man.” You say and quickly hang up.

“What's a good idea?” Dash asks.

“I'm going back to Manehatten and hope Elegance will follow.” You say as you rub eyes, letting out a yawn.

“Elegance?” Dash asks with a snicker. You sigh you got the same snicker from Flash and Speedy when you told them about her.

“Yes, Elegance.” You say as you rest your head on the back of the couch.

“I-I think I’ll just leave.” Fluttershy said quietly and she quickly walked out the door, you couldn't help but think that she really wanted to run. As soon as she left Dash leaned over and gave you a quick kiss on your cheek and stood up walking to the kitchen.

“Would you like some breakfast?” She asked looking back at you.

“Yeah I could go for some breakfast.” You say as you stand and join her. She started to grab eggs and milk from the fridge. She pours two glasses of milk and hands you one, while she drinks hers.

“I never really had a fond taste for milk.” You say and you down the glass of milk in one gulp. The familiar taste of sulfur that only you can taste lingers on your tongue.

“If you don't like it then why drink it?” Dash asked slowly sipping hers.

“Because my father made me when I was little. 'It will help my bones grow and I’ll be just like my brother' he would say, well my brother is six-six and I’m just six foot. I guess I drink it out of habit now.” You say. Her only response?

“You have a brother?” She asked with a raised eyebrow, making you laugh.

“Yes I have a brother. Would you like to see a picture?” You ask jokingly.

“Yes I would.” She said as she started to pull pans. You take out you phone and open the pictures album, you quickly find the only picture of your brother you have. It was at a family competition thing, where each member of the family takes part in. You took first and your brother took second. Even with you on a foot tall white block, he was still taller than you. This picture was taken a few years ago, and ever since that competition he got very demoted to body building. You hand Dash you phone.

“Nice job, you beat him.” She said as she handed your phone back.

“Yeah but he got the treat and I got grounded for a month.” You say under your breath, but Dash heard you.

“Why? Did you cheat?” She asked. You silently curse yourself.

“No, he did actually with my fathers help. I got grounded because my family hates me.” You say as you start to warm up a pan.

“I'm sure it seems that way.” Dash said.

“If you ever met my family, you would see it.” You say as you crack two egg into the pan, each with one hand.

“You gotta show me how to do that.” Dash says as she starts to brew some coffee. The eggs are done in no time and you set them on a plate and start the next ones. You hear a ding come from the coffee pot.

“Would you like a cup?” Dash asks pouring coffee in a mug.

“Sure.” You say and she hands you the cup. You take a sip and it takes everything you have not to spit it on the floor. I guess cooking is not her strong suit. You think to yourself as you set down the cup.

“Ah, perfect brew.” She said as she sipped her cup. You resist to look at her like she's crazy and go back to your eggs. You put theses eggs on another plate and turn off the burner. You hand Dash her plate and you both sit at the table.

“So when are you leaving?” Dash asks taking a bite of her eggs.

“As soon as I can get back to my apartment and get some money.” You reply.

“How long are you going to be gone?” She asks.

“Not sure, a week at the most.” You say and Dash chuckles.

“I'm not too sure I can last a week with out you.” She says jokingly.

“Nonsense, you have Scoots.” You say.

“But I can't watch scary movies, then cuddle afterward with Scoots.” She says with a small laugh.

“I'm sure you could, it would just be weird.” You say.

“Yeah, I think weird would be an understatement.” Dash says as she finishes her eggs. You take her plate and you put them in the sink. “Would you like some company in Manehatten?” She asks her voice a small bit hopeful.

“Sorry, but it's probably a good idea for you to stay here, I've made quite a few enemies in Manehatten. I would hate for you to get hurt.” You say turning to look at Dash. She looked very annoyed.

“I'm not going to break you know, I'm not some flower.” She said, crossing her arms and looking very annoyed.

“Yeah I've noticed. But it would just make me feel better if I knew you were to stay here where it is safe.” You say looking into her eyes that are a nice dark pink.

“Fine. Whatever you say.” Dash says with a huff and walks off. Dammit. You silently curse yourself and you walk after her. You see her climbing the stairs when she reaches the top she turns to look at you.

“I'm getting dressed, after that we will go to your apartment then the train station.” She says and she disappears into her room. You sit on the couch and pull on your shoes and shove your things back into your pockets, by the time you were done Dash was coming from her room dressed in a completely different outfit and her always messy hair in a ponytail.

“Damn that was fast.” You say.

“I am the fastest.” She said, her voice no longer with traces of annoyance or anger but with pride. You get worried.

You didn't see any pink bodyguards in the air or on the streets so getting to your apartment was very easy and you open your door in about ten minutes. You pack a few cloths and grab all of your money, you probably won't need all of it, but still. While at your apartment you brush your teeth trying to get the taste of milk and bad coffee from your mouth. On your way to the train station you stop by Twilight's library and tell her whats what.

You arrive at the train station and buy one ticket, Dash leaves you at the gate. On the train you find an empty compartment and you lay on one of the benches, trying to catch up on some sleep.

You are walking down the same dark corridor, you don't walk back into the corridor or into the room off the hallway. Instead you start to walk, then run, then go into a full on sprint at the window at the end of the hall. You keep expecting something to grab your foot and trip you but it never does. You jump and break through the window. You expect ground but instead there is only air. You snap open your wings and you start to fly, you look back and see a very old house sitting on a broken cliff, just about to fall. You look up and you see a red sky, you look down and you see ruins. You fly for what seems like forever and you come upon a ruined Ponyville. You fly down and land on the streets. You look all around, every building is in ruins, windows broken, doors in half. You turn and you see Twilight. You stop in your tracks. She starts to walk towards you, her movements jerky and with every movement you can hear a sickening crack. About five feet away from you she stops and her skin starts to melt. The grotesque black bald thing from the house is revealed to you. It reaches back and it's hand turns into a very sickening blade and thrusts it at you.

You wake up and quickly sit up, but something stops you from making it all the way and you crack you head on whatever was there. You hear a groan in a familiar voice and you look over.

“Damn Dash, you have one hard head.” You say with a groan.

“Your telling me.” Dash says holding her forehead. “It's your fault if I'm bleeding.”

“Your not even suppose to be on this train.” You say as you rub your head.

“You don't seem too surprised.” Dash says.

“I figured you would do something like this.” You say as you sit up right and stand, you crack your neck.

“I hope you know what you're getting yourself into.” You say as you help Dash up off the floor.

“I'm sure I can handle it.” Dash says in mockingly tone, as she sits down on the bench next to you.

“I'm just saying, I wasn't kidding when I said that I have made some enemies.” You say.

“Note taken.” Dash says as she rests her head on your shoulder. You hear her start to snore softly so you decide it would be best to get some rest also, hopefully not returning to your dream.

You wake up to 'Please get ready for departure. We are about to arrive at Manehatten.' over the intercom. You shake Dash awake.

“Wha-?” She asked.

“We're almost at Manehatten.” You say and she takes her head off your shoulder. You gather your bags and you depart the train when it arrives at the station. You take a deep breath and you have instant memories. You shudder at the thought of them.

“Come on lets find a hotel.” You say, Dash takes your hand and together you walk down the street. Your already regretting this decision.