• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 3,003 Views, 30 Comments

The rainbow story - The Two Writers



Running from your past, you end up in Ponyville to start your new life. After shortly arriving you meet a very beautiful rainbow haired girl and you slowly fall in love.

  • ...
7
 30
 3,003

Chapter 14

Chapter 14
You slowly open your eyes and yawn, stretching your arms as you do. You feel a weight shift on your stomach and look down and see Scootaloo, looking back at you.
“Shouldn't you still be sleeping?” you ask quietly as the other two are still asleep. Scootaloo just shrugs her shoulders. “Well can you get off so I can get up?” you as politely.
Scootaloo nods her head and gets off you. You sit up and swing your legs off the bed and stand, the bed squeaking lightly as you stand. You make your way to your kitchen where you pull out two cups and milk. Scootaloo hops onto a chair at the table and you pour her a glass, and pour yourself a glass. You two clink glasses together and start to drink. You can't hear the storm from last night, only meaning that it had ended. Well it was only suppose to last until two in the morning. You set your now empty glass in the sink and put up the milk. You turn around and lean on the counter, spacing out. You are brought out of your daydream by a flutter of orange and a leaf appearing seemingly out of nowhere. If fact if one did not have wings, then one would probably it did come out of nowhere, but you had wings, so you knew where the leaf came from.
“Hey, Scootaloo? When was the last time you preened your feathers?” you ask. Scootaloo kinda tilts her head to the side and give you a questioning look. “You know, cleaning, straightening...”
“Oh, never. I don't know how,” she said looking a little down. You take her now empty glass and put it in the sink.
“Come,” you say as you walk past Scootaloo, who jumps up and follows you into your bathroom. You put down the toilet seat and sit down on it. “Sit on the bathtub with your back facing me.” Scootaloo does just that. “Now straighten your wing, please.” you start to gently go through her feathers, cleaning them and straightening them. You can tell she feels pretty embarrassed of this. Knowing how to preen your feathers is a big thing to take pride in.
“Have I ever told you how I learned to preen my feathers?” you ask, Scootaloo shakes her head. “Well it was the day Flash, Speedy, and I became friends, actually.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, you you like to hear it?” Scootaloo nods her head. “Well I was walking though the hallway at school, before the first bell, and I saw a group of people, huddled around two other people. Interested I pushed my way to the front and I saw Flash and Speedy fighting it out. They hated each other as kids, Speedy always made fun of Flash on the playground. Well I was pushed into them and knocked them both to the ground. Speedy got furious and threw a punch that caught me under the jaw, left a nice bruise. Well I don't take kindly to getting hit so, what could I do but fight back. The fight didn't last long as the principle broke up the fight. Needless to say, we each got three months of detention. During the first detention, I took the front, Speedy took the bottom right, and Flash took the bottom left. After about half an hour, Speedy spoke. “Why the hell don't you clean your feathers?” he asked, I knew he was talking to me. “Why do you care?” I shot back. “Because if your not going to take care of your wings, then maybe you shouldn't have any,” he said, trying to taunt me. “Yeah? Well it's not like I have anybody to teach me,” I said quietly. Needless to say, this struck something in Speedy. He picked up his bags and moved behind me. He grabbed my wings and I thought he was going to rip them off or something, but nope, he set about cleaning them. He gave me a whole speech about cleaning ones wings and how much pride one should take in their wings. This was a side, nobody saw of Speedy. A caring side. After he was done, he did something nobody would have predicted in a thousand years, he apologized. He said he was sorry to Flash and me. Well at the second detention we sat together, and talked. We were as different as could be, yet we became great friends. People tried to taunt us, saying homosexual things, but as long as we had each other, nobody could beat us in a fight. People started to call us the Three speeds, Sonic, Speedy, and Flash.” Scootaloo listened intently at the end she had a question.
“How old were you when you learned to preen your feathers?”
“Eight grade, and I still prefer to have somebody preen them for me,” you say finishing up. “There, hows that feel?” you ask. Scootaloo flapped her wings a little.
“They feel much light, thanks Sonic!” she exclaimed, she gave you a quick kiss on the cheek and ran into the living room. With a chuckle and a small smile you close the door to the bathroom and look at your reflection.
“You can not start a family under your condition, so you better snap out of it,” you reflection warned.
“Yeah I know,” you say with a sad expression and tone, and you leave the bathroom.