• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 2,398 Views, 130 Comments

A Turn of Events - Shadow_Fire



Two friends in college lead a mostly normal life. That is, until Luna gets unexpectedly thrust into the picture

  • ...
9
 130
 2,398

Chapter Seventeen

En Route to Canterlot Dungeon

Celestia’s PoV

As we headed for the dungeon, I felt the need to warn Nick and Justin about how tricky these changelings could be.

“There are few things these creatures say you can trust. As you’ve previously been told, changelings can take the form of anypony you know. It may take some time before we get any reliable information. Just let Luna and I do the talking, okay?”

Justin nodded, but Nick seemed lost in thought.

“Something on your mind, Nick?” Luna asked.

“…if it doesn’t want to talk, what will you do?”

I quirked my eyebrow at this. “We come back later and try again. Why do you ask?”

“Because there are…other ways to make it talk. Human ways.”

Luna looked on in interest. “What would those be, Nick?”

“Torture.”

Luna and I looked at Justin in horror.

“That is where you were going, right Nick?”

“…yeah, it is. If it refuses to talk, that’s the only thing I can think of that might work.”

“Nick. Justin.”

The two humans looked at me with slight confusion on their faces. “Yes?”

“I think it would be in your best interest if you don’t bring up that…practice, again. It’s frowned upon here in Equestria, and Luna and I wouldn’t want others judging you harshly because of it.”

The two looked at each other briefly before nodding. “We understand.”

“Good,” I nodded. “Now, let’s go interrogate this prisoner.”

“Right.”

??? PoV

I can hear them coming. Those foolish princesses…plus my targets. I cannot hear what they are discussing, but I know there was a disagreement. The sun princess used her firm, ‘no nonsense’ tone, used only when she needs to make an important point. It won’t be long now…I can still hear my queen’s words:

“Remember young one, observe everything. Tell them only what I’ve said you can, and keep a close eye on those two. I desire them, and if I am to obtain them, I need to know everything about them. Strengths, weaknesses, personalities, everything. Do not fail me, young one. Not this task.”

I will not fail my queen. Failure is not an option.

Outside cell 1,182

Justin’s PoV

The rest of the trip to the dungeon was made in silence. I couldn’t tell if it was because Celestia and Luna were thinking of what to ask the changeling, or because of Nick’s…suggestion. I’ll admit, the same thought was running through my head as well. I suspected the ponies might be against it, but not that much. I was a bit taken aback by the serious tone Celestia used, but I can understand why she used it. We were from a different world with different rules, and she didn't want us to do anything this world saw as wrong.

After a few more minutes and what seemed like almost a thousand jail cels, Celestia finally told us “We’re here. I’d like you two to wait outside the cell for now, alright?”

Nick and I nodded. “Good. Luna, it’s time.”

“Yes, sister.”

The two princesses moved in front of one of the cells and motioned one of the guards to open the door. After stepping inside, it was silent for a few moments. Nick and I started to get worried, almost ready to step inside the cell ourselves until we heard Celestia speak.

“What are you planning? Another invasion? Speak.”

Silence. Luna spoke next. “Whatever you’re planning, it will not work. If you do not wish to spend the rest of eternity in this cell, you will tell us what it is.”

Still nothing. About ten minutes went by, with similar questions being asked the entire time, but still no answers came from the changeling. However, as Celestia and Luna finally turned to leave, we heard a strange, flanged voice come from behind them.

“The hyoomans. I will speak only to them.”

After a few moments of hesitant deliberation, the two princesses nodded to each other and waved us forward. Slowly stepping past them, we walked into the dark, dank cell. There, sitting in the corner, was a strange, insectoid looking pony. After a brief staredown, I finally decided to speak up.

“What do you want with us?”

“…my queen desires you. It is as simple as that.”

Nick spoke a bit irritatedly “If you’re after us, then why kidnap all those nobles, huh? What did they have to do with anything?”

“…they were a means to an end. A way for us to gather money and love, as well as influence in Canterlot.”

“So you are planning another invasion?”

“…what is your name, hyooman?”

“My name is Justin, this is Nick. And it’s pronounced ‘human’.”

“Justin and Nick…I see. Good to know. Unfortunately, I do not know what the plan is. I am a low ranking drone, I know only my orders, nothing more.”

Nick sighed. “I’m assuming that’s all the information we’re getting from you today?

“…”

“We’ll take that as a yes. Let’s go, Justin.”

“Agreed.” As we left, the changeling said and did nothing but stare at us the entire time. Walking with the princesses out of the dungeon, I could almost swear I heard the changeling talking to someone…

Luna’s PoV

Royal Meeting Room

“Are you sure it didn’t cast any spells on you? No mind control? Are you absolutely certain?”

“Luna, we’re fine. We can see magical auras, remember?”

I sighed in relief. “I know Justin. I’m just worried, you know? Those creatures are tricky.”

My sister put her hoof on my shoulder to calm me down. “Luna, they’re ok. I checked them over myself.”

“*sigh* That does make me feel better, sister. Thank you.”

“I am worried, though. What exactly could they be planning?”

Changeling’s PoV

“And I could sense vast emotions swirling about inside them. Along with love, there is a great rage and sadness within their hearts. We may be able to take advantage of that. Other than that, I was unable to gather more information at this time.”

“That’s alright, young one. You’ve given me enough to begin planning. We will begin to drive a wedge between them and the lunar princess. If that does not work, then we shall take them by force. Soon, everything will be just perfect…”

Comments ( 1 )

Doing really good so far! Took you a while to post :rainbowlaugh: :derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment