• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 2,397 Views, 130 Comments

A Turn of Events - Shadow_Fire



Two friends in college lead a mostly normal life. That is, until Luna gets unexpectedly thrust into the picture

  • ...
9
 130
 2,397

Chapter Nine

Justin's PoV

I could hear Applejack's voice as Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo and I trudged up to the farmhouse. The girls and I had tried to find their "cutie marks" by trying to train some animals, but we had somehow ended up covered in tree sap. I mean seriously, there weren't even any trees around! But lo and behold, there we were. Covered from head to toe. I could even feel it in my underwear...

'This is gonna be a pain to get out. And Applejack is probably gonna be ticked.' And how right I was.

"Where have yall been?!? Do yall have any idea how worried ah was about you?"

'Oh yeah, definitely ticked.' "Uh, we were, um, training some animals and-"

"And got yerselves covered in tree sap. Again."

I raised my eyebrows up in surprise as I looked over at Applebloom. "Again?"

She looked down and blushed. "Ya, that tends to happen to us a lot."

Applejack sighed while I once again epically facepalmed in the back. "Seriously? Seriously. Are you being serious?"

"Yep. They're bein' one hundred percent honest. Now yall need to git yerselves into the bath before yall eat dinner and git to bed. Ah doubt Granny Smith wants to be scrubbin' tree sap out of yer sheets or wiping dirt off of the floor."

Upon hearing this, I decided to act. Looking back on my school days, I realized that I had never run so fast in all my life. I could almost feel a sonic boom emanate from behind me as I dashed into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

As I locked the door, I could hear Applejack call out. "What in tarnation was that all about?!"

Putting a chair up against the door (I don't know why they had a chair in there, but I'm glad they did), I called back: "You are NOT watching me take a bath!"

"Ah wasn't going to!"

"I can't be too sure." And with that, I leisurely stepped into the tub to enjoy my bath.

----------------------------------------------Two hours later---------------------------------------------------------------

I stretched my arms out wide as Applejack led me to the guest room. "All right, you'll be stayin' in here. And thank you for helping clean up dinner. You really didn't need to."

Chuckling, I shook my head. "No, it's the least I could do. You are taking me in after all, and I'll be helping you out as best as I can, at least until I get my own job and Nick and I get a house."

Applejack nodded her head. "Ah understand. Now yall should probably git some sleep. You and Nick plan on goin' to Twilight's tomorrow, right?"

I yawned and nodded my head. "That we do. Ok, I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

As soon as I had sat down on the bed, a loud crash reverberated throughout the house. Applejack snapped her head around in shock. “What the blazes was that?!?”

I leapt from the bed and ran out the door. “I don’t know, but I hope the girls didn’t get hurt.”

Running to Applebloom’s room, I virtually kicked the door down to see what happened. What greeted my vision were Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo sitting around a broken cuckoo clock.

Sweetie Bell looked up at us and smiled sheepishly. “We, um, couldn’t sleep. We tried to tire ourselves out, but things got, uh, out of hand.”

Applejack facehoofed in the doorway while I tried to think of a solution. “How many times have ah told ya Applebloom, when you get sent to bed, ya go to bed!”

“Well ah’m sorry, but we can’t sleep!”

“Maybe yall should just-“

“I have an idea.” The ponies present looked expectantly at me. “I could sing you a lullaby that my mother used to sing to me.”

The girls grinned. “That could work! Ah don’t think we’ve ever heard an alien lullaby before!”

“Well, get settled in and I’ll sing it for you.” They all crawled into the strangely large bed as I closed my eyes and started to sing.
Click here for the video.

“Come out moon
Come out wishing star
Come out
Come out
Wherever you are

I’m out here in the dark
All alone and wide awake
Come and find me
I’m empty and I’m cold
And my heart's about to break
Come and find me

I need you to come here and find me
Cause without you I’m totally lost
I've hung a wish on every star
It hasn’t done much good so far
I can only dream of you
Wherever you are

I’ll hear you laugh
I’ll see you smile
I’ll be with you just for a while
But when the morning comes
And the sun begins to rise
I will lose you

Because it’s just a dream
When I open up my eyes
I will lose you

I use to believe in forever
But forever is too good to be true
I've hung a wish on every star
It hasn’t done much good so far

I don’t know what else to do
Except to try to dream of you
And wonder if you are dreaming too
Wherever you are

Wherever you are”

I opened my eyes again and saw all three fillies asleep. Turning back to Applejack, I stated “And now I’ll go to bed. Goodnight.”