• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 2,398 Views, 130 Comments

A Turn of Events - Shadow_Fire



Two friends in college lead a mostly normal life. That is, until Luna gets unexpectedly thrust into the picture

  • ...
9
 130
 2,398

Chapter Two

10 minutes later…
“So…you’re from a world filled with magical talking horses?”

“Ponies.”

“Alrighty then.” Nick and Justin had decided to let Luna explain herself while they cleaned up their dorm. According to her, she had been sent through their computer (or as she called it the “magic information box”) due to a mishap involving someone named Pinkie and a crate of sugar. As they cleaned, someone knocked on the door.

“Oh man, what now?” Justin walked over to the door and looked through the peephole.

“Nick! Hide Luna!”

“Why?”

“It’s that stoner next door.” Nick nodded and began ushering Luna into the kitchen while Justin unlocked the door.

“Hey Hayden, what’s up?”

“Dude, did you feel that?”

“Uh, feel what?”
“That explosion! It was all like BOOM! Then it was all like, calm. And then I heard you guys yelling or something.” Justin began worrying. ‘Wait, why am I worrying? It’s just Hayden. Nobody ever believes him; he’s always high on something. Maybe if I can just convince him he imagined the explosion, he’ll leave. Now, what should I-‘

“What is that?!?”

“What?”

“You have a giant horse thing in your kitchen!” Justin winced; he had forgotten that the kitchen was visible from the entryway. ‘Need to lie, and fast!’

“What giant horse? Are you ok? The only thing in the kitchen is Nick. He isn’t the prettiest, but I wouldn’t say he looks like a horse.” Hayden started to freak out.

“Seriously man! It’s right there!” ‘This is gonna be fun. Time to mess with him.’ Justin turned around and looked into the kitchen. Seeing him look, Luna smiled and waved. He turned back to Hayden, who currently had a look on his face that practically screamed ‘See?!?’

“I really have no idea what you’re talking about.” Hayden’s face twisted in confusion.

“Are you sure?”

“Completely.” Hayden gripped his head, muttering to himself.

“What did Dante give me…?”

“Um, who?”

“You know, Phillip, my dealer.”

“Uh…”

“I swear, if Tyrell mixed up my bags again…”

“Wait, who’s Tyrell?”

“How many times do I have to tell you, Markus is my dealer!” ‘Great, he’s so high he doesn’t even remember Jerry’s name…’

“Ok, look. How about you go home and sort this out, while I go and make myself some dinner?”

“…ok” Hayden walked back outside and started flipping out, wondering why there were people. ‘Retard…’ Seeing Justin walk back into the living area, Nick decided to ask what happened.

“So what’d he want?”

“To know if we heard the explosion Luna caused.” Luna blushed. She always seemed to get embarrassed whenever her ‘explosive’ entry was mentioned.

“What did you tell him?”

“That he imagined the whole thing. By the way, great job hiding Luna, you forgot that you can look into the kitchen from the front door.” Nick shifted uncomfortably, starting to sweat.

“He isn’t gonna tell anyone, is he?” Justin laughed.

“Nope. I convinced him he was hallucinating Luna the whole time.”

“Well that explains the screaming about people.” Luna was growing more and more confused as the conversation ran on.

“Why shouldn’t the other primates know of our existence?”

“For the tenth time Luna, we’re humans. And if anyone else knew about you, they’d probably call the government and get you experimented on.” Luna gulped at the thought of being experimented on.

“We’d prefer that not happen to us.” Nick nodded in agreement.

“As do we. But don’t worry, we’ll keep you safe and hidden until your sister Molestia comes and gets you.” Luna suddenly blushed.

“Um…her name is Celestia.” Seeing how uncomfortable she was, Nick quickly offered an apology.

“It’s ok, you couldn’t have possibly known…” Justin chose this point to jump back in.

“And I’d rather have it stay that way. I don’t wanna know what your sister could have possibly done to make others put molest in her name…” Luna simply nodded in agreement. Hoping to find a way to drown the awkward moment he created,
Nick started plugging his X-Box in. Justin had gone to make dinner, leaving Luna to gaze in amazement at the strange machine Nick was plugging in.

“Is that another magical information box?” Nick chuckled at her curiosity.

“Of a sorts. This is what we call a game console. There are several types, and this one is known as an X-Box.”

“Pray, tell us more about this…X-Box.”
----------------------------------------------15 minutes later----------------------------------------------------------------------
Justin brought that night’s dinner, fettuccine alfredo, into the sounds of gunshots and arguing.

“HOW DO YOU KEEP BEATING ME?!? I just showed you how to play this like, ten minutes ago!” Luna started laughing, and Justin joined in soon after, causing Nick to glare at him.

“Maybe we were just meant to play this “Call of Duty”. By the way, headshot.”

“OH COME ON!” By this point, Justin was on the ground, laughing his head off. When he finally calmed down enough to stand, he walked over and pulled the controllers out of the sparring human and equine’s hands/hooves, pausing the game.

“What the heck man?!”

“We demand that you return your princesses controller at once!” Justin simply laughed and put the controllers into his sweatshirt pockets.

“Sorry to disturb, sir and ma’am, but your continuing efforts in the war must be put on hiatus. It’s chow time, and you won’t even get to look at these controllers again until you’re both done. You can get back to virtually blowing to smithereens later. Until then, eat. That is a direct order.” Nick yelled back:

“Since when were you our superior officer?”

“Yeah!”

“Since I’m the one who paid the most money for this dorm and you were shoved through my computer. Now eat.” Nick and Luna grumbled their compliance and sat down to eat. Luna complemented on how good the food was while Nick told her that her beginner’s luck was at an end. Justin rolled his eyes as the two continued to yell threats at the other. Seeing that they were finished, Justin got an idea.

“Ok you two, here’s the deal. There’s going to be one last match, you two versus me. If I win, you call a cease-fire and have to clean the mess you made in the kitchen. Plus the dishes and whatever else I spilt. If you win, I’ll do the cleaning and pay for take-out for the next two weeks.” Nick and Luna looked at each other and smiled.

“Deal!”
-----------------------------------------------------30 minutes later----------------------------------------------------------------
“How?!?”

“I had plenty of time to practice while you hogged the computer. Now, both of you get your butts in there and clean!”

-Sigh-Fine. A deal’s a deal bro. I’m gonna go get started.” Luna just sat on the couch and continued to stare at the television.

“You too, princess.”

“You must show us how you did that…”

“Only if you promise to humiliate Nick every time you play.”

“Deal!”

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long! Again, welcoming all criticism