• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 3,180 Views, 36 Comments

A long over-due apology - storiesatrandom

  • ...
4
 36
 3,180

Apologies

A Long over-due apology.

By: Storiesatrandom.

Twilight laid in her room and sighed heavily. She heard from the Cakes that Pinkie Pie had done very well and became their go-to baby-sitter. Past experiences with Pinkie, being the typical comic relief that she is, Twilight had become too quick to judge. She blamed herself. Twilight started talking to herself, “way to go, Poindexter-light, ya done insulted your friend. She was more capable then what you thought. I never should’ve underestimated Pinkie’s abilities as a care-taker. Maybe, I should give her an Apology if she isn’t too busy… Or, too mad.”

She remembered the last time Pinkie felt betrayed. After not taking invites to Gummy’s after birthday party everything began to go downhill. Pinkie replaced her friends with inanimate objects such as rocks. Afterwards forgiveness was shared and everypony enjoyed themselves, though it was a rough experience.

Twilight felt stupid to misjudge her friend. She wanted to make amendments and congratulate the “more responsible” pony. She got up and smiled with a newly determined face. If the Elements of Harmony are to remain together she must face her, and give her a long over-due apology. Not just for the elements, but for Pinkie too. Twilight walked down the stairs, and headed towards the door. Twilight said proudly “Spike, I’m going out to Sugarcube Corner.”

Later, at Sugercube Corner. . .

Pinkie was with Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake, who were playing a game of ‘Where’s Pinkie Pie?’ The little fillies were enjoying themselves thoroughly. There were three slow knocks on Pinkie’s door. Pinkie Pie shouted, turning her attention to the door “COMING!” and bounced off to see the visitor. She opens the lively pink door. A nervous Twilight stands with a sheepish smile. Pinkie frowned and inquired “Oh, what do you want?”

Twilight spoke softly with her head low in shame. “Pinkie, I don’t blame you for passing judgment on me, I was wrong to judge you.” Pinkie calmed down hearing Twilight. She continued on speaking, “because your tendency to be, well, eccentric, I assumed by fact that things weren’t gonna go down well.”

Pinkie’s aggravated face became happier, slowly she was accepting Twilight’s apology. Twilight laughed, “and the idea of you being with babies? I can already wonder about the hilarity that followed.”

Pinkie frowned again. Twilight gulped and said with more caution, “but, that’s beside the point. What I am trying to say is, I’m sorry. I was too quick to judge, I- I underestimated you pinkie. I came across the Cakes one day, and they said you handled Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake very well. They made you their permanent babysitter, and, well, at first I logically found it hard to believe. But, we all have done things we never thought we could ever do. Remember when to save you all I charged head first into that Hydra? Not a smart move, I admit, but, it was for a good reason. Remember when rarity told us she pretended to be Applejack to get to Sweetie Belle, and got herself dirty, just to re-kindle her bond with her? Remember when Applejack finally decided to go pass her independent nature to finally accept our help with those apples? And most of all, I remember when Fluttershy swallowed her timed nature and faced that dragon down. I was so grateful.”

Twilight frowned sadly. “But, I underestimated you, Pinkie, I wrongly judged you, because, well, I assumed wrong. I won’t blame you if you won’t talk to me again, shun me, even decided that my number came up for when you decide to go murderous in a “Cupcakes” fic. I’d appreciate if you don’t by the way. I don’t deserve your friendship, your laughter, great sense of fun, or to be around you period.”

Pinkie was silent, she gave a stunned gaze.
Twilight sighed. “Like I thought, you won’t even talk to me. I don’t blame you.” Tears ran down Twilight’s cheek. “I’ll, go back home, and write a report to the princess that I failed to hold on to a friendship. I’ll probably get a lengthy lecture for this. She might even scold me about respecting friends. Maybe even force me to leave Ponyville to return to my magic studies in Canterlot for this, outraged that I couldn’t keep a friendship. Or worse, ruined the elements of harmony.” Twilight was sobbing heavily by now and she was beginning to hyperventilate. “I’M A HORRIBLE STUDENT!”

Twilight ran off, then teleported. Pinkie was shocked. She smiled and accepted her over-reacting friend’s apology. She wanted to go and tell her, but, she had to attend to Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake first. Pinkie sighed and thought aloud, “give me time, Twilight.”

A few hours later. . .

Pinkie was walking towards Twilight’s Library. The Cakes came back and Pinkie was able to leave. Pinkie knocked on Twilight’s door and Spike opened it.

Spike gave a casual greeting “Oh, hey Pinkie Pie.”

Pinkie said with a flare of urgency in her voice, “Spike, is Twilight home? I hope Celestia didn’t take her yet.”

Spike said: “Trust me, I wouldn’t be here if Celestia took her, it’s a packaged deal. Celestia is here, but she’s at Twilight’s room, having a talk. Believe me, I hope it’s just a lecture, and nothing else.”

Pinkie gasped then ran right through the door. Then she ran up the stairs towards Twilight’s room. She stopped and listened in.

She heard two voices.

Inside the bedroom Twilight was pleading “Please forgive me, Celestia, I, I was too quick to judge Pinkie, I, I might have ruined the Elements of harmony. And for what? Because I thought she couldn’t handle some babies? What kind of a friend am I?”

Celestia looked compassionately towards her clearly horrified student. “Twilight, you didn’t destroy the elements of harmony. It takes more than false judgments to destroy it. But yes, you owe Pinkie a great deal of redemption for your momentary misjudge.”

“I already apologied, but,” Twilight began to sniffle wiping away her tears. “I don’t think she accepted it.”

“Maybe she only had a slow response?” Celestia began empathizing. “Maybe she did wanted to forgive you, and knew you never intended to rashly judge her.” Celestia looked over Twilight’s bedroom door. “Isn’t that right, Pinkie?” Celestia’s horn glow, and levitated the door open, reviling Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie was astonished, she blinked, “How did you know I was here?”

“Alicorn’s sense. Let’s just say, it’s pretty much why it’s hard for Luna to sneak up on me when she tries to surprise me.”

“Pinkie, again I am sorry for my rash judgment.” Twilight walked towards Pinkie.

“It’s ok. And, I’m sorry for getting mad. You can’t help being a smarty pants, like I can’t help it if I’m me.”

Twilight smiled “Friends?”

“Amigos.”

“Huh?” Twilight giggled.

“That’s Donkytorian for ‘Friends,’ Twilight.”

Twilight subbed her head “Oh. Ok, mental note: Learn Donkeytorian.” Pinkie and Twilight laughed.

Twilight looked back towards Celestia, “Princess, you don’t have to take me back to Canterlot anymore, my friendship with Pinkie pie is restored.”

Celestia nodded, “Good, I was only going to lecture you again and give you advice to choose your words more carefully, anyway. But I see you learned that yourself. I better be off to Canterlot now.”

Celestia flew off towards the window with all said. Twilight looked back at Pinkie. “Wanna spend some time, Pinkie?”

“Hmm, let me check my schedule.” Pinkie pie pulled out a small calendar. “I have to babysit the twins on next Tuesday,” Pinkie Pie smiled from cheek to cheek. “I’m free for the rest of this week!”

“You know, Rainbow Dash is right, you are so random.”

“The randomest!” Pinkie pie put on a clown nose.

Twilight jokingly batted off the red ball, “the most random indeed.”

“Indeedy, deedy, doo.”

“So, how you feel for Hay pizza at Tony the Pony’s?”

“YEAH! That sounds splendiferous!”

With that, the two friends went out, their friendship rekindled, both feeling much better than ever. Twilight felt much better with forgiving Pinkie for false judgment. Pinkie is just happy she didn’t lose a friend being over-sensitive. Friendship is a powerful magic indeed, nobody, or, nopony can’t deny that.

Pinkie Pie bursts out of your computer screen! "And we lived happily ever after! The end!”

Comments ( 36 )

Please run this through a spell checker. I will hold off on rating for now.

136535 i planed that after my one shot story worker finsihes working on Applebuck Retribution, that fic is in an even bigger mess.:trixieshiftleft:

136541
okay I am going to hold off on reading this till then then.

136625 i already have editers.

#6 · Jan 17th, 2012 · · ·

The same problems from Applebuck Retribution are in this fic as well. Walls of text are galore, making this fic hard to read, the characters are OOC once more, there are grammar and spelling mistakes galore, and it's pretty hard to read. Get somepony to help you write your fics. You have good ideas, but they need a lot of help here. Don't take this as an offense please, and just get somepony to help you.

136649 trust me, i do, Sir Duke and Jomaca.
Jomaca handles the shorter fics, while Sir duke is entrusted with the more numberious chapter fics, they just need to work on what i give them first.
and how is everyone in the story out of character here?

#8 · Jan 17th, 2012 · · ·

136656 It's mostly Pinkie who is OOC. I can understand her being upset, but this just wasn't done right.

136626
Oh. You spelled editor wrong. See?

136690 sorry, i fail to pay attention sometimes.

The concept is....good..... My problem is that you obviously did not revise or take more than a day writing this. I get it, but just barely. You need to run this through a grammar, spelling, and punctuation correcter. Also, its rushed. You just skip a head to the point, leaving some things completely cut off.

147115 things like, what, exsactly? also, aren't one shot stories supposed to be short?

136535>>136625>>136649>>147115 i fixed the Paragraths.

um paragraphs not fixed yet... I just read it. You need a new paragraph after each character speaks or when it's just obvious. I would recommend not putting up on FIM Fiction until its been edited. I wrote my fanfic, which is on here( :pinkiehappy: ) on microsoft word, since it has a grammer and spelling checker. I don't mind your use of editors, but please don't post it up on here before it's edited. All of that aside though, I think you got into Twilight very well, and the topic of this story is a good one. I think you also played Pinkie's part fairly well, because if you look at Party of One, Pinkie holds a grudge until apoligized to, which is what happens in this story. However, don't ever be discouraged about what people say, after all it's only constructive criticism, so I would take people's advice. Not telling you to, but if you want to look at my fic and see how I do paragraphs, you're welcome to. Also, I do have a different way to write the speaking parts: Your way: Pinkie Pie said: "Indeedy, deedy, doo"--- My way: "Indeedy, deedy doo!" Pinkie Pie said enthusiastically, bouncing up and down with joy.--- So yeah, but keep writing fics! I really do like the topic.:scootangel:

196454 i reverted the edits back when that last comment was made.
you see, i am in need of a new short story editer since my last one resigned himself. i posted a blog in hopes i could get a new one.
and don't get me wrong, i am not bothered by people's opinion, in fact i acknowlege that this isn't something i can't do alone. at least know i am trying though.
also, i have Microsoft word too, though sometimes i mostly get only some miss-spells and hardly any grammar issues.

197037

So you don't have an editor? I used one for the first half of my first chapter, mainly for grammical and just making the story sound better. If you would like I could recommend him to you. He's extremely good and he's even writing his own book at the moment. I'm sure he would love to be an editor.:twilightsheepish:

198616 first, i need you check my blog on what i require for an editor, second, i need you to ask him if he has a polocy against Gorefics and/or Clopfics (though rare on my part, i do have one or 2 here, i mostly target Teen to Everone stories).
and it's a short story one i am without, i have Sir Duke, but i entrust him for long stories, i need someone for shorter one-shots.

198649

Alright. I'll look at the requirements and see what he thinks. I'm not sure what his stand is on the gore/clop, but i'll at least ask him.:pinkiehappy:

Ok storiesatrandom, he would love to do it, and is going to get back with you this afternoon after school.:scootangel:

199738 great, does he go by a name on the site though?

200581

um i don't know if he has an account yet or not...i guess he'll make one. I'll have to ask him.

200683 i did not seen that coming.:derpyderp1::derpyderp2::twilightoops:

200707

I didn't meet him on here. Has he gotten back to you yet?

201310 no i did not. seriously, how is this, "Mysterious friend" suppose to help me if i do not even know where to find him.

201316

On this site, mlpfimforums.forumotion.com his name is Vulpes. Maybe something came up. Idk, he told me he'd get to you this afternoon...

201504 well, he's surly taking his sweet time, isn't he?

201542

I'm not that guys keeper. Maybe something came up. Come to think of it, he hasn't been on the other site either...:unsuresweetie:

201557 sorry, this is not working out, he lost me when he was from out-of-site.
my screah continues.:fluttershysad:

201570

*shrugs* okie doki loki then. I would do it, but I don't know if I could meet deadlines with my dance classes, church, and various other activities. Sorry.

201636:fluttershysad: please, try not to make me feel bad, it's pretty hard for me as well.

201650

Don't feel bad :pinkiehappy: I'm sure you'll find someone :rainbowkiss:

201662 (sigh), i can't believe your amazing editor wasted our time like this. anyone to promises to deliver but does nothing isn't wroth having around.

201662 hey, remember that guy i rejected? well, he came to me and, call me weak and desperate but, although he ran late, i took him in as an editor and he'll start tomorrow, cause right now, i feel like chilling out, very busy day at skool.

201662 ok, now this story is in a proper setting.

We never see any interaction between Spike and the cake twins.

6463127 .... They're not relivent to the main focus of the story.

Login or register to comment