• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,739 Views, 259 Comments

Balance of the Mind and Body - Swift Blaze



Ever wonder if that Mayan Calendar prediction actually came true? What the world be like if everyone panic? Then come and read the following tale of a human that this happens to.

  • ...
91
 259
 6,739

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 43: Who Sleeps At A Sleepover?

As Rocky was heading to Carousel Boutique, he noticed the fillies running out with Fluttershy in tow. They saw him and headed towards the colt.

“Rocky! We’re so glad you’re not in jail? How did you get out?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Pinkie Pie worked her charm and convinced the guards to let me go,” he replied. “Nice capes by the way. What does that symbol stand for?”

“Thank you, I made them,” replied Sweetie Belle. “That is the crest for the Cutie Mark Crusaders.”

“You should have seen how mad Miss. Cheerilee was at Diamond Tiara,” said Scootaloo. “She actually gave her detention. Little miss princess is not so perfect anymore.”

“I saw when I had to get my saddlebag from school,” he replied. “Miss. Cheerilee was having her write a sentence over and over on the blackboard. As I was leaving, I heard her get two more weeks of detention, and Miss. Cheerilee is going to have a chat with her parents.”

“I wish I had a picture of that!” said the white filly. “I’m just glad you are able to go to the sleepover now.”

“I was just heading over as I picked up these cupcakes from Sugarcube Corner. Mrs. Cake gave them, on the house, for us,” the colt said.

“Sweet! Oh, change of plans. The sleepover is now at Fluttershy’s cottage,” said the orange Pegasus.

“Why’s that?”

“My sister has a big order due and I accidentally used the last of the gold silk to line the inside of these capes,” replied the white Unicorn filly. “She’ll be working all night in order to get the order completed and delivered.”

“That wasn’t nice to use her material without permission.”

“I know. Luckily, Fluttershy offered to watch us. So, we won’t disturb my sister. Here, I made a cape for you too.”

“Thanks. It does look cool with the gold on the inside.”

Fluttershy now spoke up and said, “Alright little ones, let’s get going.”

“Fluttershy, this is the newest member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Rocky,” Apple Bloom said.

The colt winked at Fluttershy to let her know to play along. “Thank you for accepting to watch us. I know we’ll be good angels while at your place,” he said.

“You're most welcome. I heard how you stood up for your friends. That was really brave,” the yellow mare said.

“Thanks. I just never like bullies. I try my best to not get in a fight. It was just yesterday, being my first day there and already being called names like I was back in Dodge Junction. I sorta lost it for a sec.”

“You did say you were sorry several times. Diamond Tiara still didn’t like what you did and tried to have you stay in jail,” Scootaloo said.

“Oh MY! You were . . . in . . . jail?” Fluttershy asked.

“It was for only a couple of hours. Pinkie Pie kept me company till I was released,” the green colt replied.

“Were you at least scared?”

“Not really. I was just frustrated that Diamond Tiara could have pulled something like that off.”

“She had been picking on us all year. We’ve told Miss Cheerilee and others, but they just saw the innocent side she shows off,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Now, she has shown her true side and several ponies know. It’ll be hard for her to pull anything off,” Apple Bloom said.

“I just wish I could see the look on her face when Miss. Cheerilee has a talk with her parents,” Scootaloo said.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Rocky laughed from imagining that. As the other Crusaders were running ahead, playing around town, the colt stayed near Fluttershy. It’s been a while since he actually played like a kid. He hoped the Crusaders didn't expect anything.

"Blaze, you alright? How come you are not playing with the others?" Fluttershy whispered to him.

"To be honest, I think I forgot how to play as a little kid,” he replied. “I had to grow up at a young age, most of those memories are almost forgotten."

"Just do what comes naturally to you. It’ll come back."

"Alright." Rocky gave Fluttershy the cupcake box and headed off. He finally caught up with Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle in playing around the water well.

The colt soon picked up the fillies were playing tag, and he became it upon joining late. Rocky managed to tag Scootaloo as she tried to fly away from him. She quickly went after Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle got tagged when Scootaloo jumped over the well opening to cut her off. Sweetie tried to tag the colt, but he managed to slip her reach when the green Earth pony jumped onto the top of the roof that was over the well. Rocky looked down at white filly with a smile as she looked at him, with a crooked smile. He was wondering why she was smiling when she missed? The colt found out why when a hoof pushed against his back, causing him to fall to the ground. He landed on my hooves, but could not move out of the way before Sweetie Belle tagged him.

Now being it, Rocky wanted the pony who pushed him off the roof. He looked up and saw it was Apple Bloom. The green Earth pony immediately jumped after her. She jumped off before he could tag her. He followed the yellow filly quickly as they ran through the town square. Seeing Rocky wasn’t able to catch up to her on hoof, he swapped to another method of travel. The colt jumped into the air and dove toward the ground, quick jutsu and he went into the ground. While underground, Rocky saw he could sense what was going on above and heard what the ponies were saying.

Apple Bloom stopped in her tracks when she saw the colt was no longer behind her. The other girls walked up to her. "Where did Rocky go?" Apple Bloom asked. Did he tag one of you?"

"No, he was still it. He looked determined to tag you as you pushed him off the roof," Scootaloo said.

"I hope he’s not mad and left." Apple Bloom said.

"I don't think he did. I think he’s planning a trap to tag one of us," Sweetie Belle said.

"Keep an eye out for him. He has to be somewhere around here. It is not like he can vanish into thin air," said the orange filly.

Rocky thought maybe not in the air, but in the ground is a good place. He sensed how they were walking. They had their flanks being covered by the others so the colt couldn’t sneak up behind them. That doesn’t stop him from down here. Deciding to make his move, the green Earth pony carefully crawled through the dirt so he would not shake the ground. When Rocky got close enough, he pushed his hoof out and touched all three of their legs.

They screamed as they jumped forward in the directions they were facing. The colt finished pulling himself out of the ground. They saw it was him as he brushed the dirt off of him.

"Rocky! How in Equestria did you do that?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I thought a snake grabbed my hoof," Sweetie Belle said.

"I was not scared," Scootaloo said while trying to act brave.

Rocky answered, "Just like how I can manipulate rocks, I can make the ground soft enough for me to travel through."

"COOL!" All three said.

"Did you get your cutie mark?" Sweetie Belle said.

I turned my flank so everyone could see. "Nope, nothing. Guess ground tunneling isn’t it," he replied.

"Your special talent must be very specific if it has not shown up yet," Apple Bloom said.

"I still get the thrill to try more stuff until I figure out what it is."

Rocky looked over to Fluttershy and she just got done talking with Twilight. He was thankful that the purple Unicorn didn’t bug him on learning magic. He breathed a sigh of relief.

Fluttershy walked up to the kids and said, "Alright, time to get going before it gets dark."

They all nodded and fell in line, behind Fluttershy, as she continued to lead them to her cottage. As the group got close, the colt soon saw her place with all the animals running around the ground and flying in the air. Angel opened the door for them. Everyone headed in and Rocky was the last one in the line. As he walked through the doorway, the bunny slammed the door into his face. It sent him tumbling back a little bit. The green Earth pony shook the dizziness off when the door opened again.

“I’m so sorry, Rocky. I’ve never seen him act this way to any other pony,” Fluttershy said at the doorway.

The colt got up and shook the dirt off him. He replied, “It’s no big deal. I think he doesn’t like male strangers.”

“Well, come inside.” There was then a loud crash. "Oh my!" Fluttershy said after hearing that. She headed inside quickly to see what happened.

Rocky moved quickly also so Angel couldn’t slam the door into his face again. Once inside, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were already running around, looking at all the things that were in the house. They were testing out what their cutie mark could be. Fluttershy worked on trying to calm them down. The colt headed over to where the bunny was watching the action.

"Alright Angel, I take it you realize it is me," he whispered. Angel nodded with his arms crossed. "If you don't cause any more trouble with me tonight, I’ll make you carrot soup from my world that is served at fancy restaurants." Angel thought about it for a few seconds before sticking his paw out for him to shake it. The colt shook it with his hoof.

Once that was taken care of, Rocky looked to see what the Crusaders were up to now. Scootaloo just hopped onto the back of Apple Bloom with a basket on her head and a rag wrapped around to hide their bodies.

“Arrrr! I’m a dangerous creature from the Everfree Forest! Roar!” Scootaloo said in a monster voice.

Catching on what is going on, the white filly said, “Halt, dangerous creature from the Everfree Forest. I’m Sweetie Belle, the creature catcher, and I'm here to catch you!”

“You can never catch me! I’m far too powerful and dangerous!” Apple Bloom and Scootaloo began to run away.

“You cannot run from me!” Sweetie Belle said as she gave chase.

The orange filly let out another roar as they ran around through the cottage. The green colt jumped in on this fun and cut the creature off.

“My, you’re the biggest creature I have been sent to catch. You’ll get me a nice reward. Come Here!” Rocky said.

The yellow filly turned and headed away from the creature catchers. They joined up in the chase around the living room.

Fluttershy was watching in a worried state. She said, “Um, oh, maybe that's not such a...” None of the little ponies were listening. “Now, kids, how about we do some nice coloring. Dhh...”

Sweetie Belle and Rocky shouted, “Come back, dangerous creature, so we can catch you!”

Scootaloo replied, “Never!”

Seeing what was about to happen, Fluttershy said, “Careful... you don't...”

Too late, the kids collided with a table. It broke apart into several pieces. They stopped playing and looked at the destroyed table. The little ponied looked at the remains as they were now sad for what they did.

Sweetie Belle was the first to speak. “Sorry, Fluttershy,” she said.

Scootaloo came next as she said, “Yeah, sorry.”

“I guess we aren't creature catchers,” Apple Bloom said.

“More like furniture destroyers,” Rocky said.

Fluttershy smiled and walked up to us. “It's ok, kids. I’m just glad none of you got hurt,” she said. “Now then, how about you all help me with making dinner. Doesn’t that sound like fun? I’ll see if Blaze can fix the table when he gets back from Canterlot.”

They all nodded. Rocky knew he could fix that table, just not in front of the Crusaders in this form. That would be a dead giveaway of who he was. The fillies and colt followed the yellow mare into the kitchen. She told them to get different ingredients. As they gathered them from the pantry and fridge, Fluttershy handled any of the cutting and the actual cooking. Rocky recognized the ingredients, they were having vegetarian stir fry. He knew these fillies were in for a treat. Fluttershy saw the colt with a big smile as she knew that he would recognize the dish and smells.

“What are you making Fluttershy? It smells very good,” the white filly asked.

“It’s a dish Blaze shared with me one evening. I think he called it, a stir fry.” the yellow Pegasus replied. She looked at the colt and he nodded to confirm.

“I never knew he could cook,” the orange filly said.

“Oh, yea. When he stayed at Sweet Apple Acres, he made some very tasty pancakes,” said the yellow filly. “He also gave a recipe to Mr. and Mrs. Cake. They’re called Blaze Chocolate Drops.”

“I had those! They’re very tasty.”

“I liked them too!” the green colt said.

“Let’s have dinner first. Then we can have the cupcakes Rocky brought.” Fluttershy said. “Now how about you four go and set the table. The stir fry is almost ready.”

The Crusaders and Rocky quickly gathered the dishes and silverware for five ponies and headed to the dining room. They set the table just in time as Fluttershy started to bring in the plated food, one at a time. She asked what they wanted to drink. Each one said some sort of juice. Apple Bloom asked for apple juice, Sweetie Belle asked for grape juice, Rocky asked for orange juice, and Scootaloo asked for cherry juice. Fluttershy went and got them. The mare decided to just have water.

Everyone ate all the food on their plates and enjoyed it. The Crusaders said they normally don’t like some cooked veggies, but this is one of the better dishes. The colt just said he liked the unique flavor. As Fluttershy collected the dishes to go and clean up, the Crusaders and Rocky headed back to the living room to continue discussing what cutie marks they can try for next.

"So, what talent should we try next?" Sweetie Belle asked them.

"We can try and fix that table," Scootaloo suggested.

"We could be Cutie Mark Crusaders Carpenters!" Apple Bloom said.

"I don't know,” replied Rocky. “This will require some great skill and talent to properly fix it. Just look at all the broken pieces."

"We won't know until we try," said the orange filly.

They surrounded the remains of the table. "We need hammers," said the yellow filly.

"Got it," the Pegasus said before running off to find some. She quickly returned. "I was only able to find three."

"You take them. I have my own method," said the colt.

"How are you going to do that?" asked the white filly.

"Yea, are you going to use your head like a hammer?" Scootaloo asked.

"No, I’m going to use my rock hard hooves," said the green Earth pony. He placed a nail on board, making sure it stayed in place. He then gave it a karate chop, slamming the nail into the board.

"You are a hammer," said the yellow Earth pony.

"Remind me not to get in a fight with you," said the orange Pegasus pony.

"You don't have to worry about that. You’re my friends. I would never want to bring any harm to you,” said Rocky

They all smiled at the thought. Now, with all of the little ponies with a hammer, or hammer-like, they started to bang the boards back together. The fillies and colt were just hammering away, not paying attention to where the boards were going.

Fluttershy quickly came in after she heard all the banging. "What is going on kids? I heard all those bangs and feared the worse. Oh . . . my."

The Crusaders and Rocky just finished with the last piece. They took a few steps back to see their handiwork. Well, what four kids with hammers are capable of. The resembled wood pieces were going off at different angles, looking nothing like a table.

"That does not look like a table." Sweetie Belle said.

"We were making a table?" Scootaloo asked.

"Someone should put this thing out of its misery." Apple Bloom said.

Rocky walked back up to it and said, "Alright, stand back." He gave it a gentle buck at one connection. It fell apart with no issue back into the rubble it started from. He looked at the others once that was done. Again, big eyes and open mouths. Is the colt ever not going to surprise these ponies by accident? “What?” he said to try and break the stance.

“I didn’t really think you were going to do it,” the yellow filly said.

“Rocky, you could have hurt yourself by doing that,” Fluttershy said in a motherly tone.

“If I didn’t, it could have toppled over some other pony. From breaking rocks on the rock farm, I can see the weak point to make them split in half. In this case, cause it to collapse in on itself,” the colt said as he thought it up at the moment.

“Just please, be more careful. You’re still only a kid. I hate to see anything bad happen to you.”

Blaze thought Fluttershy really saw him as this colt. He wanted to get his real body back! The green Earth Pony looked up to her and said, “I’m sorry for scaring you.”

“It’s alright. How about we play a nice game?”

The Cutie Mark Crusaders and began to wonder what game. Apple Bloom asked for the group, “A game?”

Fluttershy smiled and said, “It's called ‘Shhh!’”

Even more confused, Scootaloo said, “What's that?”

“Well, it's a game about who can be quiet the longest. Sound fun?” None of the kids weren’t really impressed with the game. “I’m the world champ, you know. I bet you can't beat me!” Fluttershy puts on a big smile. She then takes a deep breath and holds it.

Seeing neither the Crusaders nor Rocky, was interested in the game, they all spoke one after another to make themselves loose. The little ponies then started to look around for more ideas to test for their cutie marks. Fluttershy let out a sigh and her breath, realizing that idea of a game was not going to work.

Scootaloo was bouncing on an animal bed when she said, “Okay, now what can we do?”

Apple Bloom popped her head out of the chimney, covered in the black residue from the chimney. She said, “Oooh! How about Cutie Mark Crusader coal miners?”

Rocky didn’t know how, but Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle somehow joined Apple Bloom in being in the chimney. All three were dirty from being in there. The colt didn’t join as he knew about the lifestyle of some coal miners from back on Earth.

Fluttershy had to put a stop to this before it got out of hand. She shouted a stern ‘NO!’ to them. They all stopped running around and looked at Fluttershy. “I didn’t mean to shout. I just did not want any of you to get hurt. Now then, let's get you all clean and up off to bed. Aren't you excited to get all toasty and warm in your snuggly-wuggly widdle beds?”

“Snuggly-wuggly? But we have more crusadin' to do!” the yellow filly said.

“We made plans to stay up all night to get our cutie marks,” the orange filly said.

“We’re not even *yawn* tired,” the green colt said while rubbing his eye.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t as it’s a school night. Now, come along,” the yellow mare said.

The Crusaders and Rocky obliged and followed her upstairs. Fluttershy has them all hop into the bathtub together and cleaned us up. Now, all squeaky clean, the Crusaders were tucked into the head of Fluttershy’s bed and the colt was tucked in at the foot of the bed.

“I don’t see how going to sleep will help find our special talent,” Apple Bloom said with her forehooves crossed.

Fluttershy flew up and blew out the candle that was on the mantle above the fireplace. “Maybe you'll have a lovely little dream about your special talent,” the Pegasus said as she finished tucking them in.

“But we’re not even tired!” Scootaloo said.

“*yawn* Speak for yourself,” Rocky said as he closed my eyes.

“If I sing you all a lullaby, would that help you all fall asleep?” Fluttershy asked.

Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle nodded their little heads. The colt did as well with his eyes closed. Fluttershy cleared her throat before she started to sing.

Hush now, quiet now
It's time to lay your sleepy head
Hush now, quiet now
It's time to go to bed

That is one effective lullaby. Rocky never realized how exhausting it is to be a kid. No wonder they like to eat sweets. The colt was heading off to dreamland. He was then woken by loud singing. Sweetie Belle was now singing the lullaby at top vocals.

Hush now! Quiet now!
It's time to lay your sleepy head!
Said hush now! Quiet now!
It's time to go to bed!

The green Earth pony jumped out of the bed and grabbed onto the boards that were on the ceiling.

Fluttershy was trying to quieten her down when she said, “Okay Sweetie, that was . . .” Sweetie Bell just continued on singing.

Driftin' (driftin') off to sleep!
Exciting day behind you!
Driftin' (driftin') off to sleep!
Let the joy of dream land find you!

Fluttershy tried again to quieten her down. No luck.

Hush now! Quiet now!
Lay your sleepy head!
Said hush now! Quiet now!
It's time to go to BBBBBEEEEDDDD!

Once the singing was done, Rocky fell back down to the ground. His eyes showed he was wide awake now. “Sweetie Belle, you do have a nice voice. I just have a small suggestion. Sing lullabies softly and quietly to not wake up the pony you are singing to,” he calmly suggested.

“Sorry, Rocky. I’m just so excited about this sleepover, I got carried away,” replied the white filly.

Before he could respond, there was a noise coming from outside. Scootaloo hopped out of the bed quickly. She headed downstairs and outside. The others joined her outside to see what was causing the ruckus.

Apple Bloom was the first to say what was making the noise. "Fluttershy, your chickens are on the loose!"

Sweetie Belle said, "I wonder what could have caused that." Acting like she didn’t have a clue.

"Don't worry, Fluttershy, the Cutie Mark Crusaders will handle this!" Scootaloo said in a proud voice.

"Cutie Mark Crusader chicken herders! Yay!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

The three fillies began to run around with the loose chickens inside the fenced area. Fluttershy was doing her best to calm the girls down and the chicken.

The green Earth pony’s adrenaline rush from Sweetie Belle's singing was wearing off. He was yawning up a storm. He was too exhausted to try and help. This colt wanted some sleep. He headed back inside. Rocky never felt this exhausted before. He looked at the stairs and didn’t want to even climb up them. He didn’t even want to try and teleport. The colt was that exhausted. He looked at the couch and saw how comfy it looked. He got up on it and lay down. It did not take Rocky a minute before he was asleep again.

The colt was suddenly awakened by someone shaking his body to wake him up. It was Fluttershy and she was in a panic state. "Uh, Fluttershy? What is going on?" he asked.

"Blaze! You have to help me! The girls are not here! I think they might have gone into the EverFree Forest!" Fluttershy said while being very worried.

Knowing how dangerous that place can be, he was fully awake now. "Let's go outside and look for any signs that they did."

The two headed outside and began to look around. "Blaze, look, there is a hole in the chicken fence." Fluttershy flew to the chicken coop and looked inside. When she brought her head back out, she said, "Elizabeak is gone!"

"Don't panic Fluttershy. From the looks of these tracks, she walked out on her own free will," Blaze indicated with his hoof.

"Here are some hoof prints following the chicken ones," Fluttershy pointed out.

"Look, a torn piece of cloth from one of their capes. They definitely went after your missing chicken."

"Don't they realize how dangerous the EverFree Forest is?"

"You don't have to tell me. Come on, we need to find them and make sure they are safe."

Blaze started to run as Fluttershy flew. They stuck together as the two were calling out the filles names. They soon saw a body standing in the distance.

"That must be Twilight. She was heading to Zecora to get the ingredients for her tea" Fluttershy said. The clouds were covering up the moon so the pair didn’t have a clear view. "Thank goodness I found you Twilight. The girls ran into the forest to find my missing chicken. You think you can help Blaze and I find them?"

Twilight said nothing, didn’t even move.

"Come on Twi. You don't have to give us the silent treatment,” said Blaze. “I’m sorry for missing the lessons on how to use magic. I do promise when I get my body back, I’ll see you every day, if possible, to learn how to use magic. Twi?"

The clouds began to move and let the moonlight shine. They saw why Twilight wasn’t responding. This was either a statue to look exactly like Twilight or she was turned into stone. The yellow Pegasus gasped and quickly flew off, calling for the girls even louder. The colt chased after her, wanting to know what she knows.

"Fluttershy! Hold up! Do you know what caused Twilight to be turned into stone?" he asked.

"There’s a Cockatrice on the loose!" Fluttershy quickly said.

Author's Note:

Here's the latest chapter. It was proofread by Darksoul85.

How will Swift Blaze handle the mythical beast while trapped in a colt body? What other surprises are going to happen? Stay tune for the next chapter!

PreviousChapters Next