• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,739 Views, 259 Comments

Balance of the Mind and Body - Swift Blaze



Ever wonder if that Mayan Calendar prediction actually came true? What the world be like if everyone panic? Then come and read the following tale of a human that this happens to.

  • ...
91
 259
 6,739

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27: Royal Guard Training, Part 4

Swift Blaze woke up sometime later. He saw he wasn’t in a hospital, this time. The Earth pony was in a room in the castle. He didn’t mind waking up here, but he wondered how long he was out this time. Was it a week?

The red stallion looked around and saw the other trainees were also in the room, but asleep. He then saw Lightning Trails in a similar bed, but was also out. Blaze quietly got out of his bed. He looked out the window and saw it was night time. When the Earth pony exited the room, he saw two familiar guards standing there.

"Good evening, Iron Shield, Dead Eye," the red stallion said in a quiet voice.

"Blaze!" They both shouted.

"Shh. There are ponies sleeping in there," he replied quietly.

They both nodded.

"Good to see you’re doing better, Blaze,” said Iron Shield. “How do you like the guard training?"

"It’s good so far. Especially now that Shining Armor treats me normally instead of what happened in the first few days."

"We heard what he did,” replied Dead Eye. “We’re both amazed you didn’t quit, but also challenged him."

"Yeah, we even saw the match. You were amazing. I’ve never seen the captain work so hard to defeat his opponent," Iron Shield said.

"So what did you think of my finishing move?" Blaze asked with a grin.

They both coughed a bit and showed a little blush. "That was unexpected. Never in all my life was a match won when the opponent is knocked out by very happy thoughts," Dead Eye replied.

"Plus, the stadium was also affected by it," Iron Shield said.

"Did you two enjoy it?" the red stallion asked. They both began to blush harder. "You don't need to answer. Your faces answered for you. Would you mind escorting me to Princess Luna?"

They nodded and began to lead him to where she was.

"Hey Blaze, sorry you got into trouble with Captain Shining Armor and the other guards that morning," Iron Shield said.

Dead Eye said, "Yeah, Sorry. We forgot that you were to have escorts the entire time."

"Don't worry about it. It all worked out in the end,” replied Blaze. “Plus, I think the guards needed a surprise visitor like that to test their skills.”

"How would you grade them?"

"A+ for effort and enthusiasm and D for execution and follow through."

"Shining Armor almost had the whole lot go back to basic training after that. Also, thank you for making sure we did not get into trouble," Iron Shield said.

"Again, not a problem."

The group arrived at the doors to the throne room. The guards standing there opened the doors for them. Once inside, Blaze saw Princess Luna was sitting on the throne, bored.

"Your highness, Swift Blaze woke up and requested to see you," Iron Shield said as they all bowed to her.

"BLAZE!" Princess Luna shouted as she flew off the throne and directly to the Earth Pony in a hug attack. "I’M SO GLAD YOU’RE OK!"

"Good to see you too, Luna. Can you please let me go? I can't breathe," he said as the stallion gasped for air.

The Alicorn quickly released him from the hug. "Sorry about that. I was so worried when Captain Shining Armor informed me and my sister about what happened."

"So, how long was I out?"

"It has only been a few hours. I’m amazed you tried something like that to help Lightning Trails. Where did you come up with that idea?"

"I’m from a world where we depended on the energy of that style to make our lives better. The actual method to discharge is with a device to store that energy in a storage container. There is nothing like that here in Equestria so I Macgyver what I had available to complete the task."

"Macgyver? What is that?" Dead Eye asked before anyone else asked.

"A saying from my world we say when we make something out of what is around us to complete the task."

"But you had to use your body to do it?" Princess Luna asked.

"I did not have time to make jumper cables. Plus, I can make lightning too. So, my body is somewhat used to the jolt from it."

"We were going to heal you, but by the time we got to you, your body was almost healed."

Suddenly, the doors burst open and Shining Armor came running in.

"Princess Luna! Swift Blaze has disappeared! The guards that were stationed outside are also gone!" he shouted.

"Shining Armor, it’s the middle of the night. You don’t need to be shouting," replied Blaze.

"Blaze! You’re awake!" the Unicorn said, still shouting.

"And getting deaf from your shouts. Iron Shield and Dead Eye escorted me to Princess Luna, as per my request. I didn’t want to wake any of you as you all looked peaceful."

"Sorry. Shall we head back so the others are not worried?"

"I take it you woke them when I wasn’t in bed."

"Actually, Fang’s the one that woke us all up when she saw you were gone. I told them to stay in the room so I could go looking for you."

The five ponies all headed back to the room, including Princess Luna. When the red stallion opened the door, he braced his ears.

"BLAZE!" They all said and came rushing to him.

The Earth pony didn’t want to get tackled again that night. So he jutsu teleported out of the way and reappeared beside his bed. The other trainees collided with Shining Armor, Iron Shield, and Dead Eye. Blaze couldn’t tell if Princess Luna was in the mix.

"Nice way to avoid being under that pile," a pony said from behind him.

The red stallion turned his head and saw the blue Alicorn did the same thing he did.

"I kinda predicted what was going to happen when they saw me. So I avoided it," he replied.

"Glad to see you can react quickly to any situation, Blaze," another pony said, but came from across the room.

The Earth pony turned his head to the voice and saw Lightning Trails was awake and sitting up in his bed.

"Glad to see you’re doing ok," he replied.

"You too, and thanks for helping getting rid of that buildup. I hate it when I get like that."

"This has happened before?"

"Once. A long time ago it seems now."

"Does this have to do with the incident at flight school as those records are sealed?" Shining Armor asked as he walked up from the previous pony pile by the door.

"Yes, it does. I think I should share this with you so you know what happened. Remember when I told you about the pony that I put into the hospital because he was making fun of my dad?"

Those who heard the tale shook their heads.

"That is not the whole truth."

----------Flashback-----------

"Hey! How’s that flying meat bag doing? Laying around doing nothing like always!" The same annoying pony said from behind the black Pegasus.

"I’m not in the mood to deal with you, Biff," he said without turning around. Heading to his next class.

"Well, too bad. It’s not a great day for me until I pick on the son of a worthless pony who can't do anything by himself," replied the other Pegasus.

"He’s not worthless! He was in the Lunar Royal Guard and got injured to save his team!" Lightning Trails shouted as he turned to face Biff.

This bully was a tan coat color Pegasus stallion. His mane was brown, pulled back, and had so much gel in it, it could catch on fire easily. He wore a jock jacket everyday to look cool.

"He’s worthless and you know it! What do you expect him to do now? Hmm? He’s been kicked out of the Royal Guard. Nopony will hire him because he can't use his hooves. To top it all off, your mother should have left him months ago instead of taking care of him."

The others that hung around Biff started to laugh with him after he did. The black Pegasus was getting tired of how they picked on his dad. But now they go and bring his mother into the taunting? He wanted this to stop, now!

The clouds making up the hallway were darkening. Lightning Trails was mentally demanding them to create lightning. The ponies around were still laughing, unaware of what was happening.

Suddenly, a bright flash filled the hallway as the lightning bolt struck the black stallion. This caused them to shut up. More lightning came and struck his body again. The Pegasus's mane was beginning to glow white. The crew of Biff was starting to back away. Biff stood where he was, not afraid.

"You pick on my father all this time and I’m still proud of him. Now you bring my mother in on your jokes. You have crossed the line, Biff. Time for you to pay," said Lightning Trails. In a loud, evil like tone.

The crew ran away after hearing him talk like that. The tan Pegasus didn’t move. All he said was, "I was correct. Your father is useless, your mother is a bitch, and you’re a freak."

That broke the last straw. All the clouds in the school went black and began to strike the black stallion with more lightning. The only light was what he was giving off and the lightning. Even his eyes were glowing white.

Biff was slowly backing away. But, Lightning Trails sent a bolt of energy that struck right behind him. The tan stallion stopped moving. The black Pegasus shot more bolts out at his hooves, hitting them and making him dance around. He increased the power and Biff started to scream.

The tan Pegasus then collapsed to the ground and started to beg, "Please stop it, Lightning Trails! I’m sorry for what I said! Just stop with the lightning."

"Too late,” he replied. “I’m going to make you suffer for a long time."

The black stallion sent out continuous bolts of lightning at the other pony as they danced around his body. Biff was screaming out in pain. A lightning bolt hit his mane and it caught on fire. The flames spread down to his jacket, which set it ablaze. He didn’t stop as this Pegasus had him suffer so much. The smoke rose up and activated the sprinkler system. The entire hallway was now raining.

"AHHH! WHAT'S GOING ON!" Lightning Trails had screamed out in pain.

The lightning in his body was shooting out of everywhere and destroying everything it hit. The black Pegasus was losing control of this new power. He then unleashed a huge lightning blast that destroyed that part of the school.

Lightning Trails woke up sometime later. He was now in a hospital. He tried to get up, but the stallion was strapped to the bed. The door to the room opened and his mom came rushing in.

"Oh Lightning Trails! I’m so glad you woke up!" She said.

"Mom, what is going on and why am I strapped to the bed?" I asked.

"Sweetie, you kinda went overboard with your lightning control and destroyed part of the flight school. These straps are pulling out the excess lightning in you till you are at safe levels again."

"How's Biff?"

"That bully stallion that provoked you? He’s alive, if that is what you are wondering," she said in an angry tone.

Just then, the door to the room opened again and the Princess of the Sun came in with several of the Royal Guards.

"Princess Celestia, what an honor to meet you," said Lightning Trails.

"I wish it was under better circumstances. I have read the report of what happened at the flight school," replied the white Alicorn.

"Please, Princess! Let me explain what happened. You see . . ."

"That won't be needed. I know that a Pegasus named Biff provoked you too hard and you were trying to stand up for your father. I would like to make you an offer. Come to the castle with me in Canterlot and I’ll help you get better control of your abilities. One day, I’ll send you to go through the basic training to be a Royal Guard like your father. The other option is you get locked up for attempted murder and destroying the flight school."

"I don't want to get locked up. So I’ll take you up on your offer."

"Excellent. Your family will be coming along as well. I’ll see if any doctors in Canterlot will be able to fix your father's hooves."

"Thank you, your highness. I look forward to learning from you."

---------End Flashback-----------

"So, I have been here learning from Princess Celestia about control over my abilities," Lightning Trails said.

"Thank you for sharing your story with us. I know what it’s like to lose control over your powers," replied Blaze.

"I don't believe it. You’re always cool and under control under different situations,” said Star Dust. “Even when you were fighting Shining Armor."

"True, but it wasn't always like that. Shining Armor has seen me when I lost control, for a moment."

"It’s true, he really is different in that other form," the Captain said.

"I can't really explain it myself, but my cutie mark does have something to do with it."

"You said it was for your belief in balance. What else is there?" Cancer asked.

"That’s true. I now found out that it has another meaning, the balance of my mind. This changed to a full black circle when I lost control and went on a destruction wave. I was in the EverFree Forest at the time, so no pony got hurt. I almost did when my friends in Ponyville came to rescue me. How about I tell you what happened when I released that state. Let’s call this, Rage Mode. I’ll also share what caused me to act out like that."

They all gathered around as the red stallion told what happened at the spa. Then, when he headed into the EverFree Forest to cool off. But, that didn’t happen due to a pack of Timberwolves. The Earth pony then went on and told when Shining Armor, Princess Celestia, and his friends appeared and how Fluttershy was able to calm him back down.

Shining Armor nodded and said, “That’s what I remembered had happened.”

Finally, Blaze told them about the repressed memory that caused it off when he was very young.

"Because I was carrying that repress memory for so long, I felt a heavy thing was lifted off of me. But now, I need these weights so I don’t go too fast and to continue my training," he said.

Everyone had tears in their eyes after listening to that. Shining Armor didn't as he had already heard his story.

"It looks like we are in the same boat of having a dark part inside of us," Lightning Trails said.

"Not just the two of us, Princess Luna also for her Nightmare Moon side," replied the Earth pony.

"But, that was destroyed with the Elements of Harmony," said Princess Luna.

"Are you sure? Or do you feel somewhere, buried deep within you, it’s still there and is only sealed away?"

"I’m afraid you’re correct. I can still feel her inside of me. The talks with you, Blaze, these nights have helped me lift my spirit up and make sure she will no longer control me."

"I’m glad for that, Princess Luna. I think we can all head back to the barracks now and get some sleep."

They all nodded and returned to the barracks for some needed sleep.

-------Fast Forward in Training--------

The trainees in the barracks were now used to waking up at the time Swift Blaze did. It gave them more time to prepare. They even started to follow him in his stretch routines the red stallion does before they go to the mess hall. The first day they tried it, the others fell down on their backs, flanks, or faces. Fang was the only one that didn't.

For the past five days, they started in the morning with some time on the track. Then moved to the obstacle course. Finished the morning with spars using no abilities. After lunch, the ponies sparred with abilities. They finished the day with reviews of the matches. Blaze had increased his total weight enhancement to four hundred fifty pounds.

Last night, Shining Armor informed them that they’re going to do something different tomorrow. The trainees talked it over that night to figure out what the Captain was planning to do. There were so many ideas, they decided to roll with whatever comes our way.

So, on day ten of Royal Guard training, The ponies ate their breakfast and made their way to the track. As the group approached, they saw the white Unicorn Guard was already there with another pony, Princess Celestia. The trainees got in line and bowed to her.

"You may all rise,” said the white Alicorn. “Today, you’re going to start the next part of your training. Captain Shining Armor shall explain."

The white stallion steps forward to address them. "Recruits, you have done well in your training on the grounds here. Now, you’ll need to put them to the test. Princess Celestia is going to send you deep into the EverFree Forest,” he said. “In there, you must stay within its bounds for forty-eight hours before you can be allowed to return. You cannot take anything with you to help. All you will have is your bodies and the knowledge you have. Be warned though, not all recruits have ever returned. At least one dies in each group. How you handle yourselves there will determine if you survive. Good luck."

Before anyone could say anything, Princess Celestia used her magic and they were teleported away. The group soon appeared somewhere in the vast unknown of the EverFree Forest. As the ponies were looking around to make sure we all were together, A voice entered the red stallion’s head.

Blaze, I wanted to tell you that there has been strange reports coming from the forest. The Royal Guards I’ve sent to investigate the tornado path said they saw strange craters of various sizes. They also found blood on them that wasn’t there. So, please be on your guard, the white Alicorn sent to him.

He replied back the same way, I’ll do my best. I normally don't look for trouble. It always seems to find me.

I can see that. Also, if you can please refrain from using your jutsu so it will be easier for the group. You all will need to learn the lessons from this exercise.

I will, Princess Celestia.

Once the link was broken, the Earth pony turned to his teammates. "Ok then, has anyone been to the EverFree Forest before?" he asked.

The other ponies shook their heads no.

"How about doing any survival exercises?"

None of them signaled that they have. The red stallion figured he’s going to have to take points in their survival from his experiences.

"Alright. Back in my world, I did do things, similar to this. Just not at the level of dropping off in a dangerous section of woods with creatures that can kill you. The first thing we need to do is find a source of fresh, running water. It’ll be cleaner and less likely to have some disease in it. We’ll stick together till we find the water."

The others nodded to the plan. The group started their trek through the forest. Blaze was taking the lead, Star Dust was behind him. After that was Cancer, Colorful Spark, Lightning Trails, Dragon, and Fang was in the back. The ponies carefully walked through the forest, keeping an eye out for creatures and anything else that might harm them. They heard some noises in the distance. Blaze couldn’t tell what was making it as he hasn’t seen all the creatures this world has.

The noise of the area suddenly went quiet. The Earth pony stopped the group to see if he could get a sense what’s going on. The others were watching every direction. No noise was being made in any direction.

Out of nowhere, something grabbed the red stallion’s back left hoof from under the brush and started to pull him through the forest in some direction. He heard his team call out for him as the pony was dragged away. Blaze couldn’t tell where he was going as his body was spun and banged against rocks and trees with everything in-between.

The Earth pony was then pulled out of the brush by his back leg. He was now hanging upside down. He looked around and saw what had him. It was a carnivore plant creature. The size of it was bigger than a bear. Its teeth were razor sharp.

Blaze quickly thought, OH NO! You’re not going to eat this pony!

He channeled his chakra and shouted, "FIRE STYLE! FIRE BALL JUTSU!"

The pony shot several of them at the plant. It screamed out in pain as it was now on fire. It released him and the stallion fell to the ground below, onto his back. The others finally caught up as he was brushing himself off.

"Blaze! We are glad you are safe! What happened?" Cancer asked.

"That crispy plant thing behind me tried to eat me. So I gave it heartburn," he replied.

"Literally,” said Colorful Spark. “Let's go before something else decides to eat us."

The trainees got back into formation and continued the search for water. Several hours later, they finally found a stream with good flow. Everyone quickly drank up to replenish their thirst.

"Alright, the next thing we need to do is find shelter or build one,” said Blaze. “I don't know what to expect at night so we need to be able to defend from it, if need be.".

"Wait, how come you don't just use your jutsu and make us shelter and get us water?" Lightning Trails asked.

"The other times the recruits were sent here, they didn’t have a pony like me. Plus, Princess Celestia has ordered me not to use my jutsu unless there is danger and our lives are threatened."

"I guess that makes sense. We don't want you to do everything and we learn nothing."

"Exactly. So what do you all suggest how we handle the shelter?"

Star Dust said, "We could split up into teams and all look for something like a cave so we don't waste energy trying to build one."

"Like the idea, but not all of it,” replied Fang. “I don't think we should split up because the predators out here will have a better time to kill us off."

"Good point," Dragon said.

"So, we all agree to find shelter together?" Blaze asked. The others nodded. "Alright, as we head out, would you mind Fang and mark trees as we go by them? It will help us find our way back to the water."

Fang nodded and we began the next hunt, shelter. They switched to a two by two formation with Blaze being alone in the front. The black Zebra was quickly marking the trees with three slash marks. It was slowing down the search, but it was necessary to find that water source again. The group traveled for several hours, not finding anything. It was starting to get dark too.

"Blaze, we need to find a place for the night. It won't be safe to travel in the dark," said Colorful Spark.

"I agree, but we have not found a safe place to stop for the night," Star Dust said.

"I think I see something over there," Fang said.

The red stallion looked in the direction she was pointing at. He saw some signs of stacked stones, but the vegetation is too thick to make it out. "Can't tell for sure. Doesn't hurt to go and check it out," he replied.

The group headed over there and saw there was a stone structure of some sort. It looked very old and abandoned. The ponies finally reached it and it was stone pillars to a rope bridge.

"Well, that's wonderful. We found a rope bridge. Don't think we can use it as shelter," Cancer said.

"No, but nopony would make a bridge for nothing. Let's go across and see what there is," Lightning Trails said.

As they crossed, Blaze thought this looked familiar. The fog was very thick as the group didn’t notice what was on the other side until they were on top of it. A massive building was now in front of them. The place was in ruins and looked like nothing was living there.

Upon seeing it, the red stallion realized this was the old castle he visited before. Nothing appears to have changed on the outside since he was last here. The ponies headed inside to the main hall.

"I don't think we’ll find a better place to stay safe from anything out in those woods out there," Dragon said.

"Don't count on it,” replied Blaze. “Remember when I told you about the time I went into my Rage Mode? This is where it happened. Look around and you can see the remains of Timberwolves."

"I think your count is off. There only looks to be enough wood for four of them."

"I’m telling you, there were thirty and at least a dozen merged into a big one over there."

The red pony went over to where the body was supposed to be. He looked around for signs of where it could have gone. Blaze then saw some faint signs of fresh chop marks on the stone floor. The stallion headed to where the other bodies were supposed to be too and saw the same things.

"Be on alert. We’re not alone here," Blaze said with a serious tone.

The other ponies went back to back in pairs. The red pony looked around for more signs. He determined this creature has some intelligence as it could swing a weapon to chop wood for fire. If it was him, where would he go in this castle for advantage?

"What do you think it is, Blaze?" Star Dust asked.

"I don't know, but I can say it’s not a wild creature as it can chop up Timberwolves corpses. Probably used them as firewood. I suggest we split up into three groups,” he replied. “Group one will consist of the Zebra family and myself. We’ll check out the perimeter of the castle and look for things like tracks or something out of place. Group two will consist of Lightning Trails, Star Dust, Colorful Spark and myself again. We’ll check the lower floors of the castle.”

“Wait, how are you . . . never mind. You’re going to do that jutsu clone thing again,” Cancer said.

At that point, Blaze did the shadow clone jutsu and created two more of him.

"Wait, why did you make it so there are three of you?" Dragon asked.

"I’m going to send a third one to check out the towers. If any trouble arises, the clone will disappear and alert the others of me as to what happened," he replied.

"That jutsu really does come in handy for scouting purposes," Star Dust said.

"Ok, we’ll look for thirty minutes. If anything happens, the Blaze in your group will disappear to inform the others of the situation. If a group doesn’t show up by that time, we‘ll go and look for them."

"Roger," said the others.

The trainees split up and headed to their search areas.

-----Clone to Towers------

As the others left, the solo Blaze was somewhat relieved they went with his plan. He wanted to take the towers solo as he figured that’s where the creature was going to be, it’s what he would do. The red Earth pony didn’t want to see his friends get into mortal trouble on this unknown.

The stallion quietly made his way up the staircase to the first tower that had a roof. He carefully listened for any sounds coming up there. Blaze was keeping his ki energized to react to what might be up there. He soon came to a closed door. The pony placed his head next to it to see if he could hear anything on the other side. Nothing was making a sound. The Earth pony pushed on the door and it slowly creaked open. His element of surprise is now gone. He still continued to head in.

Blaze first saw a pile of wood on one side of the room that resemble parts of the Timberwolves. Over in a corner, there were leaves from the trees outside piled on top of each other to make a makeshift bed. The Earth pony then smelled something only a human would recognize, cooked meat. He turned his head toward the smell and saw some animal was on a stick over a fire. Upon closer look, it was a snake.

Out of nowhere, something hit the stallion hard on the back of the head and knocked him out. When Blaze came too, all of his legs were hogtied and his body was laying on the bed. He looked around for the creature that did it before he would make his escape. A voice then came from the shadow part of the room.

"I haven’t had horse meat in a long while. Also, I’ve never seen one that wore clothes, has a strange coat color, or has a tattoo on the butt,” the creature said.

Blaze stayed silent so as to not freak out this creature. He thought about the words it said. How it referred to him as a horse instead of a pony. This creature wasn’t from Equestria, that’s for sure.

The stallion tried to see what his capture looked like. The light from the fire wasn’t giving off much, which made it difficult to see. The creature walked out of the shadow and went over to the fire. Once this happened, Blaze recognized the body shape, a human. He started to wonder how another human got here. He thought he would be the only one because of the probably alternate dimensions that every show fan that wanted to see Equestria. The bigger question is why did this other human show up to the one Blaze went to, plus how.

All the questions going through the Earth pony’s head are going to have to wait. He needs to get out of here and inform the others. When the human was paying attention to the meat he was cooking, Blaze took the moment to disappear. He released the jutsu and sent his memories to the others of himself.

------------Back at the main hall--------------

Group one and two returned to the main hall at the same time. As they were looking for the other Blaze clone, the two there soon received the memories of the other clone. One of the red stallions released the clone jutsu so the other one could go away as well.

“The other clone won’t be coming,” said Blaze. ”The creature has been found and I know what it is. It’s another human male.”

“What! How can there be another human here, let alone now?” Lightning Trails asked.

“You’re telling me. This is a full surprise on me too,” he replied. “We need to move fast as he’ll soon discover I’m no longer in that room, tied up. We need to capture him, not kill him.”

The group then heard an explosion from the tower. The ponies looked to see what was going on. They saw lots of stones were flying away. The odd thing was there was no big cloud of fire and smoke. Just the stones flying and then falling, towards them. Blaze reacted by sending ki blast at the stones to destroy them before they hit his teammates. The others prepared themselves for their opponent to come.

The human jumped off the remains of the tower and landed ten feet in front of them. He made a decent crack in the stone floor. The ponies surrounded the human and were ready to attack. The man looked around at each of them with a confused look.

“This is very odd. Seven very colorful horses and zebras. Most have horns and one has wings. That odd chicken I had yesterday must not be settling well with me,” the human said.

Blaze nodded to the others to begin the attack. Colorful Spark went first. He made illusions of himself and began to run around the human to try and confuse it more. Cancer went next and sped up to attack without their opponent would notice. The zebra did land a few good hits as he went around. Star Dust started to draw the energy for his attack as the others distracted the human. Lightning Trails and Fang stood at the ready to go at the human if this doesn’t work out.

Star Dust activated a spell he called Star Fall. It caused mini stars to start falling toward the opponent. Dragon used his ability to slow down time in the feet of the human so he couldn’t escape. As the stars were getting close to hitting the target, everypony backed away out of the attack range. The human was starting to laugh as to what was happening.
“This is probably the best opponent I had to deal with. Too bad you all are going to die,” the human sad as he continued to laugh.

Without warning, Blaze could feel the weight of his clothing and body were increasing. He first thought the magic on his clothing was on the fritz. But, as the stallion looked around, the other teammates were also struggling to stay standing up. One by one, they fell to the floor. Dragon was still able to have his magic stay active as he was being forced to lay on the ground. Star Dust’s attack was being sent back up into space.

Blaze thought, No human could do this back on my world. You would normally see this in the comic books. This has to stop soon or we’ll be crushed by gravity.

The red Earth pony was still standing, but barely. He whispered the command to cancel the weight enhancement. He soon felt himself back to normal. The stallion started to approach this human. He saw the animal coming and was totally confused.

“How can you be standing! The area is under three times of gravity. No creature can withstand that,” the human said.

Blaze continued to get closer as he gathered his chakra for the jutsu he was planning to use.

“Don’t take another step further or I’ll increase it to ten times and crush these other horses.”

The red pony stopped walking and stared at the human.

“Good horsey. Look, you can understand me. Would like to get to know you better, but after what I have been through, I can’t trust anything.”

“Hold it,” Blaze finally said.

“You can speak too? What strange place am I?

“You are in Equestria and we are not horses. We are ponies. At least the others are.”

“That name sounds familiar. Wait, you said the others are ponies. Then what are you?”

“I’m human too.”

His eyes opened wide after hearing that. Blaze seized his chance. He stood up and touched his fore hooves together. He performed a Genjutsu that put the human to sleep. The stallion ran up and caught the human before he fell. The gravity effect was lifted and the other began to pick themselves up.

“What did you do, Blaze?” Colorful Spark asked.

“I placed him under a Genjutsu technique that put him to sleep. I’m afraid we have to cut the exercise short as Princess Celestia needs to know about this. Gather around and I’ll take us back to Canterlot.”

Author's Note:

Here's the latest chapter. It was proofread by Darksoul85.

PreviousChapters Next