• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,739 Views, 259 Comments

Balance of the Mind and Body - Swift Blaze



Ever wonder if that Mayan Calendar prediction actually came true? What the world be like if everyone panic? Then come and read the following tale of a human that this happens to.

  • ...
91
 259
 6,739

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Enter The Griffin

Blaze was making his way back to town when he heard something falling. The human looked up and saw Pinkie on her flying contraption. He bolted into the sky to catch her. It was no problem to make it and bring everything and everyone down safely.

“Hey there, Pinkie. Are you trying to fly like the other Pegasus and me?” Blaze asked.

“Of course not silly,” replied Pinkie. “This does work. It was Dashie’s old friend that caused it to break.”

“Which friend is this?”

“Gilda the Griffin.”

Hearing that name brought back the memories of what happened in the episode. The human kept his composure as he recalled the details. Today was going to be interesting dealing with her.

“Hmm, a Griffin,” said Blaze. “I have read about them in one of Twilight’s books. How about you join me for lunch and tell me about her.”

She nodded and started to hop by him as they entered town. The pair made it to a café and sat outside at a table with an umbrella. Both placed their orders and Pinkie started to tell him everything that has happened this morning up to the point where Blaze caught her from falling. The food came and the pair dug into them. Blaze had a salad and Pinkie had her shake.

While the pair were waiting, Blaze heard a scream by an old pony. He turned around and saw Granny Smith trying to run away at her pace. Gilda was behind a food cart and her tail was moving around like a snake. The human hated how Gilda was a bully to everyone she didn’t like.

“See what I’m talking about? I was right that she was a meanie mean-pants,” Pinkie said.

Blaze added, “And now she just stole an apple from that food cart.”

He looked down the street and saw Fluttershy was escorting a duck family through town. This was one scene that he didn’t want to happen.

“Excuse me Pinkie, I would like a word with that Griffin.”

Blaze placed money on the table and quickly made his way to Gilda. He transformed into his pony form along the way there. He stepped in front of Gilda in time before she ran into Fluttershy.

“Hey, watch where you’re going, dude,” Gilda said in her angry tone.

Blaze replied, “I saw what you did back there and what you were about to do.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“You scared that old lady with that prank, took an apple without paying, and were about to bump into my friend as she was leading a duck family through town.”

The griffin was getting angry and said, “You better back off doofus before I make ya.”

“If you would just pay for the apple and apologize to Granny Smith, I will not bring harm to you.”

“That’s rich! A mere Earth pony standing up to a Griffin. You do have guts, I’ll give you that. Now back away before you get hurt.”

“The thing you don’t understand is that I’m no normal Earth pony,” said Blaze. His tone gets serious. “Please, do what I ask before this has to get rough.”

“No pony tells me what to do, especially one that is a freak.”

Gilda pulled her head back and then let a loud roar right in my face. Blaze didn’t move an inch from his spot. The ponies nearby were watching what was going on and wondering what was going to happen.

The stallion got onto his hind hooves and stood in a fighting stance, waiting for the griffin to make the first move. Before Gilda attack, Rainbow flew down to us.

“Hey Gilda, I see you met my new friend here, Swift Blaze,” said the blue Pegasus. “You wouldn’t believe some of the things he can do. Hey, you mind showing us one?”

“Sorry Rainbow, but I just realize I forgot to do something for my house,” he replied. “I’ll see you later and show you then.”

The Earth pony got back on all four hooves and walked back to where Pinkie was. He could see the mare was happy that someone stood up to the griffin.

“That was amazing of how you went and stood up to that meanie mean-pants. I don’t think anypony here had the courage to do that,” she said.

“Remember, I’m not a pony. How about we throw Gilda one of your parties to lighten her mood and maybe pull some pranks on the partiers. I’ll talk to Rainbow so she can actually set the pranks. See you at Sugarcube Corner in a few hours for it?”

“That sounds like so much fun. I can’t wait to see how Gilda likes nice pranks going off.”

Blaze thought, If everything goes the same way, there’s going to be a face on Gilda that she does not want Dash to see.

The stallion left Pinkie Pie so she can get the party ready. He looked around for Rainbow and Gilda and saw them in front of the Pegasus’s house. Blaze walked up under them and shouted, "Hey, Rainbow Dash!"

They looked down and saw the stallion below. "Hi Blaze, come on up," said Rainbow.

"How can an Earth pony get up here?” asked Gilda. “They can't fly."

The stallion could wait to see the look on the griffin after seeing this. He channeled his ki and flew up to them. Blaze looked at Gilda when he got to her level and her mouth was wide open.

“I told you I wasn’t an average Earth pony,” he said.

“How are you able to do this?” asked the griffin. “Are you pulling my paw and a Unicorn is using her magic to levitate you?”

“It’s nothing like that G, said the Pegasus. “Blaze is not even a real pony. Come on and show her what you really look like.”

He thought, If my flying shocked her, this will have her mind explode. He released the shadow transform jutsu and went back to his human form. Before the smoke could dissipate, Blaze jump out of it and said, “BOO!”

Gilda screamed and flew straight up for a few seconds. Dash and Swift Blaze were laughing at her reaction as she flew back down to where they were. The griffin’s mood was not happy for being the one getting pranked.

“Oh my, Blaze, that was another clever prank you pulled! Priceless!” Rainbow said.

“Yeah, hilarious,” said Gilda.

“Thank you, thank you, now I’ll show you something I have just learned,” the human said.

He channeled the chakra and did the hand signs, but did not call out the move as this was going to be a ‘Shocker’. A small dark cloud formed behind Gilda and Rainbow saw what he was doing. She was holding in her laugher, waiting for it to go off.

“Well, what is the new thing you lea . . . OUCH!!” Gilda said as a lightning bolt hit her behind from the cloud.

Rainbow laughed harder than before. Blaze could tell Gilda wanted to attack him, but not in front of Rainbow Dash. He looked at Gilda with a small evil grin and thought, Maybe next time you should take my advice.

Once Rainbow calmed down, she said, “Again, priceless. So you can create clouds and control them?”

He replied, “I learned-water style jutsu a few nights ago. I combined it with the wind-style to manipulate clouds. It’s a little easier to manipulate than wood-style.”

The human snapped his fingers and pointed at the griffin. “Gilda, before I forget, Pinkie wants to throw you a party. She'd like Dash to come by and help with the decorations, since she should know what you'd like.”

“Sure thing. I will head right over.”

The Pegasus flew off to see the pink mare. Once Dash was out of sight, Gilda charged at the human. Blaze dodged her claws with ease and got onto her back. He put his arms around her neck and put the griffin in a submission hold. She tried to buck him off like a bull, hoping he would release the hold.

The human decide to change tactics and released the grapple. He made three shadow clones and began to fly around her in different directions. Blaze saw Gilda’s eyes trying to find the real one. The griffin soon was getting dizzy and fell onto the cloud.

All the humans went down to her and said at the same time, “Do you see why you won’t be able to beat me? I’ve been training in combat and can predict your movements. I did no harm to you as you are Rainbow’s friend. But, if you do cause harm to any of my friends, don’t think I won’t hold back next time.”

The original Blaze created a small ki ball and sent it into a cloud. He channeled the ki to cause it to explode. Gilda now looked a little afraid from seeing the destruction this creature could put out.

She sat up on the cloud and said, “What are you?”

“I’m a god damn human from a different planet!” Blaze shouted.

He released the clones and flew back to his home. He hoped that the griffin would behave now. Blaze decided to get cleaned up and make some adjustments to some wood features of the home. Once he was satisfied, he left and head to Sugarcube Corner to attend the party.

The human arrived as the other ponies were starting to show up. He entered and Pinkie greeted him in her style, “Hiya Blaze! Welcome to the party! Rainbow went to get the guest of honour so they should be here soon.”

“Thanks, Pinkie Pie. I think we’ll see the good side of Gilda during the party, if she knows what is good for her,” Blaze said with a wink.

“Did you beat her up?”

“Oh no, I would never do that to one of my friend’s friends. I just showed her what I was capable of after Dash left to help you here.” He leaned closer to her and whispered, “Did Rainbow Dash set up pranks at this party for Gilda?”

Pinkie nodded and he gave her a wink to confirm that he won’t go and tell anypony about them. Blaze left the pink mare to mingle with the other ponies. He went over by where the food was and picked up some cupcakes and cookies, including the chocolate drops that he supplied the recipe.

The human found an empty seat near a table and went to it to enjoy the goodies. As he started to bite into a cupcake, Blaze saw a cup with punch levitated next to him and placed on the table. He looked around who brought it over and saw Lyra Heartstrings, with a big smile.

“Hi Blaze!” she said. “I’m surprised to see you here.”

“I like to attend parties Pinkie throws. They’re always fun,” he replied. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to see the griffin that everypony was talking about. Supposedly, she almost got into a fight with a red Earth pony.”

“Oh, I know all about that.”

“How?”

“The red Earth pony was me. The griffin was acting rather rude in the market and I was about to teach her a lesson.”

“I should have recognized that was you from your intro ceremony. Do you think she will behave while at the party?”

“We shall see.”

“So, what have you been up to, Blaze?” Lyra asked. The mare pulled up a chair and sat across from him.

He finished eating the cupcake and grabbed a cookie. “Well, I just got done having my house built and furnished.”

“It was amazing how you were able to cause that wood come to out of the ground like that. Your jutsu keeps on getting cooler and cooler to watch when I can. Can I ask you a few more questions?”

Blaze knew this was coming. He replied, “Sure, but the same rules still apply from last time.”

“Ok! Which type of pony do you like?”

The human almost choked on the cookie. Oh, this is going to be fun, he thought.

After clearing his throat, he said, “Well, I don’t have a particular. I like them all, equally.”

“How was the food back on your world?”

“Most of the stuff we had, chemicals were added to it to preserve it to last longer as we had no magic. So, some of the things had an odd taste, but we did have some very good things that were made fresh, like this cookie here.”

“What’s it called?

“The original name was called Devil’s Chocolate Drops. But, Mr. and Mrs. Cake renamed it to Blaze’s Chocolate Drops.”

“Why would they name the cookie after you?”

“Maybe because it was a recipe from my world.”

“That is from your world! I have to try it! May I?” the Unicorn asked as she pointed to one of them on his plate.

Blaze allowed her. The mare used her magic to pick it up and bring it to her mouth. She bit it in half and started to chew. Her face went to pure enjoyment as she continued to chew the treat and ate the other half. He saw a small teardrop come down her cheek when she finished.

“That was beautiful. I got to taste a treat from the human world. I can’t wait to try others,” Lyra said as she wiped the teardrop away.

“I’ll let you know when I share another one to the Cakes.”

At this point, the human heard a buzzer go off. He turned his head and saw Pinkie just shocked Gilda with a hoof buzzer. Lyra went off to get some more cookies as Blaze stayed seated. He watched what was going on as Gilda continue to set off each prank. Her face was getting annoyed by being the joke of every prank in front of the ponies.

The time came to play pin the tail on the pony. The human watched the griffin get spun around by the pink mare. She thought it was another prank, so she turned herself around and walked the opposite direction of the target. The result was the same thing that happened on the episode.

Gilda blew her cool and yelled at the other ponies. Rainbow Dash stepped up and took credit for all the pranks. After the argument between them, the griffin stormed off and the blue Pegasus apologized to all the ponies and her friends. Blaze snuck away to confront Gilda one more time.

He teleported out of there and flew to Gilda. She was leaving Ponyville at a fast pace. When the human got in front of the griffin, they both stopped in the air.

“How were you able to catch up with me? Only Rainbow Dash was the only one able to keep up with me,” she said.

Blaze replied, “Well I should be able to catch up to you. I’ve already beaten Rainbow in a race. Plus being able to break the sound barrier, twice.”

The griffin wasn’t caring how this creature was bragging. “So, what do you want?”

“You still have not learned to let it go when you are the one on the receiving end of a funny prank. You like to dish them out, but some of them are not funny. Just plain rude and cruel. Why do you act so mean to others?”

“YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE WHEN YOU ARE ALL ALONE WITH NONE OF YOUR KIND!” Gilda yelled directly at Blaze’s face.

He just stood there. After wiping some spit off his face, he replied, “Oh, but I do. I’m the only fucking human here on this planet. Mine has been destroyed due to greed and violence. The only reason I’m still alive is because my God saved me. He allowed me to come to this world. You still have other griffins on this planet that you can go and see. I’ll probably never see another human ever again!”

That hit Gilda hard. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know. I never would have imagined I would meet someone who can relate to me.”

The human calmed back down. “Look, I know Rainbow still wants to be your friend, but maybe you should give her some space after that incident at the pastry shop. Go see the other griffins of this world and think who you want to be with.”

They both flew away in separate directions. As Blaze was soaring through the sky, he hoped Gilda will make the right choice. Just then, he realized with everything that happened today, he forgot to do something. That was to buy some food for his home. He will just have to figure something out later. For now he should go help his friends clean up.

The human arrived back to the dead party as his friends were all working together to clean up. He grabbed a broom to help and swept the floor debris into a trash can. Once the place was clean again, they all left the establishment.

The group was walking through town when Twilight asked, “How’s your place coming Blaze?

He replied, “It’s coming along. All the painting and furniture is in place. Just a few more other things before I would say it’s complete.”

“That was fast, sugarcube,” said Applejack. “Would you mind showing us?”

“Not a problem.” Then, Blaze’s stomach releases a big growl. “Umm, can we do it after dinner? Stomach is craving for food and I have none at my place right now.”

They all laughed as the group headed to the diner. After sitting down and placing their orders, the group chatted among themselves. Fluttershy was sitting next to the human.

The mare turned to him and said, “Um, thank you Blaze for what you did. I heard that roar that griffin used. I don’t want to know how that would have affected me.”

“It’s no problem, Fluttershy. I saw Gilda was not going to stop as you were escorting that duck family. That griffin needs to get her head straight if she wants to hang with Rainbow and her friends.”

“I wouldn’t mind if she does return. Just not with that attitude she was showing off.”

“I think she’ll turn over a new leaf if she does return.”

Twilight spoke up and asked, “Blaze, how is that weight spell working working for you?”

“It’s working great. I feel at my normal level right now. Plus it will allow me to increase it more when I do my training. Thank you again for casting it on the bands and the tops of the gi.”

“What weight spell are you talking about?” Rainbow asked.

“Well, since I lost that emotional weight I have been carrying. I’ve been feeling lighter. Actually, too light to do any training. So, I asked Twilight to cast that spell on those clothes so I can get back to normal. Pretty much I’m doing the training regimen I told you about from that show.”

“How fast do you think you can go?”

“I would roughly say Mach 3 with no issue, maybe Mach 4.”

“THAT FAST?” Rainbow shouted for everypony in the diner could hear it.

“I don’t know exactly as I won’t need to travel that fast, unless it was an emergency.”

“Have you learned any more jutsu, Blaze?” Rarity asked.

“Both Applejack and Rainbow have seen some of the new things. I can show one right here. Care to see?”

They all nodded their head. The human channeled the chakra, did the hand signs, and said, “Water Style. Water Spout Jutsu.” The water from the glasses jumped from one glass to another in a fun pattern. The ponies clapped their hooves together for the fun entertainment. Blaze stopped the display when their food arrived.

The group ate in silence. Ponies ate flower and hay related style of food. The human had a simple spaghetti with steam veggies on the side. Everyone paid for their own meals and left, heading to Blaze’s home.

They got to the edge of town as the sun was beginning to set. When his house was in view, the sun shone on it. The light caused specs of gem in the outer stone to sparkle.

“Oh my, Blaze! Your house is very dazzling the way it sparkles in the sunlight,” said Rarity. “It looks like you live in an expensive stone castle.”

Blaze replied, “I just had stone walls come up from the ground. I did not realize I got some gem fragments at the same time.”

“Well, you did an amazing job in finishing the outside. Would you mind showing us the inside?” Twilight asked.

“Right this way, ladies.”

Blaze opened the door and turned on the lights. The ponies dropped their mouths open from the sight of the finished interior. They walked in and looked around. No pony was saying anything. He was happy that he got them to speechless level. After a while, the others stood in a half circle around the human.

“Well, is anyone going to say anything?” he asked.

The ponies looked at each other. Then, at the same time, they shouted, “WE LOVE IT!”

“Ow, my ear.” He stuck a finger in one of them to get rid of the ringing. “Well, let me give you all the grand tour.”

They followed as he showed them the kitchen, dining room, first floor half bath, and the living room. On the second floor, there were two regular bedrooms, a bathroom, and the master suite. The group returned to the living room and all sat down.

“You did a fine job in decorating your home, Swift Blaze,” said Rarity. “The colors and furniture go well with each other.”

“I can’t take all credit as Applejack helped me in picking out the furniture,” he replied.

The orange mare said, “But you picked the paint colors by yourself and did a great job.”

“Um, Blaze, you built a lower floor than this. Where is the entrance to that?” Rainbow asked.

“Sorry Rainbow, but that area is off limits to all ponies unless Princess Celestia says so. I’m to keep my Earthly possessions down there, away from any ponies. I also created a barrier jutsu so nothing can get through it without my blessing. The actual door doesn’t exist until I make it when I need to be down there.”

“So, you have some secret items in a secret space that only you can access. Are you a spy? What do you have in that backpack that you don’t want anypony to know?”

“Princess Celestia and Princess Luna do know the contents of it and they agree with me it’s too dangerous to leave out. I can still summon them if and when I need to. But they will stay down there.”

“If Princess Celestia agrees they are too dangerous we shall honor their decision,” said Twilight. “It’s getting late. We should be getting back to our homes.”

“You can’t go yet. There’s one last thing I want to show you. It’s more of a fun thing I did with my friends once a month.”

“Oh! I like fun stuff!” Pinkie exclaimed. “What is it? What is it?”

“Now hold your horses there, missy,” said Applejack. “Let him tell us.”

“We’ll have to go outside and do it,” said the human.

They headed outside and gathered around Blaze.

“Give me a moment. Just need to bring one more friend who should not miss this.”

He performed a summoning jutsu that caused Spike to appear.

“Huh? What? Where am I?” the dragon asked as he was holding a blanket.

“Evening Spike. I brought you here because I think you will like this new jutsu. But first I need some material.” Blaze gather the chakra and said, “Wood Style. Wood Tower Jutsu.” A tower of wood stacked in a grid with around them rose from the ground. The others were wondering what the human and ponies were doing. “Ok, you might want to stand back so you don’t singe your hair.” They began to back up. Once again, he gathered the energy and perform different signs. Blaze then said, “Fire Style! Fire Ball Jutsu!” Blaze. breathed fire onto the wood and set it a blaze.

“That was amazing! You can breath fire like me!” Spike said.

“I thought you might like it. It’s not true fire breathing, like a dragon. It’s channeling the chakra into my hands, force air through them, and ignite the energy.”

“Still, it was sweet to watch.”

Blaze turn back to the others. “What I did with my friends back on Earth is we set up a bonfire, like this, and just enjoyed it. Sometimes we cooked marshmallows and made s'mores.”

“Well, that was kind of ya to do this. I was definitely surprised with that fire coming out of your mouth,” Applejack said.

Blaze asked, “Does any of you know where we can get supplies to make s’mores?”

“I do!” replied Pinkie. She went over to a hollow tree and pulled out a bag that had all the supplies.

“Why did you keep that in there?”

“This is one of many emergency stashes for s'mores I have around Ponyville.”

“Anyway, pass them over and I will start making them.”

Pinkie gave Blaze the supplies and he went to work, cooking the marshmallows and assembling the treats. Each pony got one and loved the fluffy, chocolaty, morsel. They sat around the fire and told stories of funny things. Some were about something the human did.

They all laughed and enjoyed the time till the fire started to die out. Fluttershy fell asleep so Rainbow picked her up to take her to her cottage. The other ponies left on their own and said they had fun and would see him tomorrow. Blaze said goodbye as he used earth style to cover the fire embers with dirt.

The human entered his home and made the way upstairs. He got cleaned up with a warm shower. He put on a fresh set of gi clothes, the red with black trim. Blaze got into his new bed and went into his mind space. He needed some more practice with some of the jutsu styles. So, after a few hours of that, He exited to get some sleep.

As Blaze drifted off, he hoped that tomorrow would be quiet. He needed a nice, quiet day where nothing bad happens.

Author's Note:

Been quite a while since I last posted. I'm going to try better to get these processed and re-post all the old chapters so I can finally get to the new material I want to put down.

PreviousChapters Next