• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,751 Views, 259 Comments

Balance of the Mind and Body - Swift Blaze



Ever wonder if that Mayan Calendar prediction actually came true? What the world be like if everyone panic? Then come and read the following tale of a human that this happens to.

  • ...
91
 259
 6,751

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: ‘Twas a Beautiful Night

Princess Luna and Swift Blaze walked down the hallway to the guest wing. She walked to a door and led the human into the room. “This is thy room for the night. Hope it is to your liking,” said the Princess.

Blaze replied, “Wow, I’ve never had this level of luxury in my life. Thank you for the hospitality.”

“You’re welcome. We shall take our leave.” The Alicorn turned around and headed for the door.

The human raised his hand and said, “Wait, where are you going?”

She turned her head to him and said, “We must get ready for Night Court.”

“Do ponies come and discuss their problems with you?”

“Sadly, none have come since we’ve returned. We think they are still afraid of us because we were Nightmare Moon.” Her head hung low after saying that.

“I don’t know what you did, but that was over a thousand years ago. When you came back, Twilight and her new friends were able to save you before it got worse.” Blaze walked up to the Princess and placed a hand on her shoulder. “Give the ponies some time to get to know the real you. How about tonight, during night court, I’ll help you with bringing your speaking up to the current times. Would you like that?”

The blue Alicorn looked at the human’s face and said, “But doesn’t thou need thy sleep for tomorrow?”

“Oh, I’ll get my sleep too, just it will be done by a shadow clone.”

He place his hands together for the jutsu. A puff of smoke appeared next to him, revealing the copy.

Princess Luna walked around the pair as she looked at them carefully. “Thy duplication is very impressive. We don’t see any flaws,” she said.

“I didn’t expect there to be any,” said the Blaze on the left.

The other Blaze then said, “Typically, from what we know from watching the show, a clone jutsu is an illusion that can move.”

“They can’t do much but distract your opponent,” said the first human.

“These shadow clones are a higher level as they get physical bodies,” the other one said.

“We believe it doesn’t matter who the original is.”

“If anyone of us either releases the jutsu on their own or gets too damaged by the opponent, the other will get the knowledge.”

Princess Luna shook her head a bit after getting a dose of twin talking syndrome. “We take it that thou likes to do this speaking to cause confusion.”

“Sometimes,” said the first Blaze. “More to demonstrate how our minds are the same at the time of the jutsu. We do have to plan ahead before we do this.”

The other Blaze nodded his head.

“So, which of thou will come with us to the throne room?”

“I will!” both humans said. One was slightly faster than the other.

“Damn, looks like I’m stuck getting the sleeping for the both of us,” the second Blaze said.

“Remember, no dream training tonight. Had enough in that space today already.”

The other human saluted the first. Then, he hopped into the bed. The other followed out of the room with Princess Luna. They made their way back to the main hall that lead to the throne room.

Standing outside, the likes of the Unicorn Royal guards were now replaced by that of the Lunar Guards. As the Princess and human approached, their horns lit up and opened the door. Inside, the Alicorn made her way to the throne and sat on it.

Blaze stepped in afterwards and walked to the bottom of the steps. He kneeled and said, “Good evening, Princess Luna. Would it please the court if you allow me the honor of teaching you the modern ways of speaking?”

Princess Luna let out a slight chuckle, but quickly regained her composer. “Thou may, Swift Blaze. On two conditions,” she said.

“Name them, Your Highness.”

“First, thou shall do so in thy pony form. This is to not scare any of our subjects.”

“But of course, Princess Luna.”

“Second, thou shall call us, Luna,” she said with a smile on her face.

“As you wish, Luna,” Blaze said.

He stood up and transformed to his pony form. They spent the first part of the night on volume control. The human went over of when to use the booming, Canterlot Voice, how to talk in royal events, and how she can talk when with her friends. After an hour on that, they move to the next subject, to stop referring to herself as ‘we’ instead of ‘I’. Blaze believed this topic was going to take a couple sessions to break the habit. After an hour on that, the pair moved onto the final topic. Well, more of an overview of some new ways of saying things to allow her to understand modern speaking.

“I think that will do tonight, Luna. We’ve made some good progress,” said Blaze.

“We, I mean I, wish to thank you in helping me,” Princess Luna said.

“You’re welcome.”

“Tell me, Blaze, why are you helping me? Everypony else fears me for what I did as Nightmare Moon.”

“It’s true, I know what happened. But only based upon the first episodes of the show. I can somewhat relate.”

“How’s that?” Princess Luna asked with a questioning look.

“You see, you felt lonely because no pony did anything during the night. They worked and played in the daylight and slept under the moon. You did not get any recognition for the nights you brought. Honestly, you had a tantrum that made you change into Nightmare Moon. It’s sad you were punished by being sent to the moon for a thousand years. But, I’m happy the Elements of Harmony brought you back to yourself.”

Princess Luna started to shed a tear from recalling those events.

“For me, I was lonely for a while. It’s because no one wanted to be my friend when I was younger. During school time, I was picked last at games and told to sit on the sidelines. I ate by myself during lunches, did projects by myself, and came to and from school by myself. I was in a very sad state. Then one day, I was on my computer play games online when one of the people I played found out we went to the same school. We scheduled to meet the next day. Turns out, he was the classmate I sat next to. We talked for a while and found out we had several things in common. Soon, I made more friends and started to smile again. I realized you can make friends in the unlikeliest of places and always talk to your friends when you are sad about something.”

She shed another tear for hearing his story.

“So, Luna, I would like to offer my friendship to you. That way, you are never alone. If you need somepony to talk to, I will be available. I’m up late most nights before I do that sleep training. These calm nights help me with it.”

“You (sniff) want me to be (sniff) your friend? We, I, don’t know what to say but, yes. I would love to accept your friendship. Now, you said you like my nights because they help you sleep?” she said with a smile and happy tears forming on her face.

“I don’t like them, I love them. Back on Earth, I stare into the night sky and watch with wonder at what’s out there. But here, the nights are far more beautiful. With all the advances in technology, the city lights blocked out from seeing the stars at night. Even in the countryside, they still affect the view. Here, I see so many beautiful stars and constellations that I just want to spend each night staring at them. I can see that they get their beauty from you.”

All of a sudden, Luna dived from the throne and flew into the human. She gave him a big hug and several kisses. “OH, THANK YOU BLAZE! YOU ARE THE FIRST TO LIKE MY NIGHTS!” Luna said in the Royal Canterlot Voice next to my head.

OWW MY EARS! My ears started to ring from being too close. “Princess Luna,” Blaze said painfully. She looked at me with wonder in her eyes. “Please lower the volume. I think you might have popped my ear drums.”

“Oh! I’m so sorry, Blaze!” Princess Luna said in a whispering volume. “Do you want me to use my magic to heal them?”

“I think it would help.”

Princess Luna’s horn lit up and Blaze felt the ringing was going away. He felt warmth being flown into his ears. Once done, she said, “That should do it. Is there anything I could do to make it up?”

The human said, “How about you invite me to the garden and show me the beautiful night sky.”

“Blaze, would you honor me in taking you to the garden to stare at the stars and the moon?” Princess Luna asked in a joyful tone.

The human bowed and replied, “The honor is all mine.”

They left the throne room and made their way to the garden. The guards that were posted outside the room put on a confused look on their faces. Blaze imagined they were thinking where did that pony come from and where did the other creature go. Halfway though the hallway, he looked behind and saw the guards were following them.

Once at the entrance to the garden, the pair walked slowly through it. Everything was so quiet and peaceful. The guards stayed at the entrance, but were still keeping an eye on them.

Luna started to tell Blaze about each constellation that could be seen and what it stood for. Each one was more impressive than the last one she talked about. The Alicorn and human soon returned to where they started and made their way back to the throne room.

“Thank you, Luna, for showing and explaining the constellations that are in your sky,” said Blaze.

Princess Luna replied, “No, no, thank you, Swift Blaze, for telling me how much you appreciate my nights.”

“If you would excuse me, I think I shall return to my room and join the other me. Need to get ready to start the training exercise I do before dawn.”

“You exercise before dawn? What for?”

“I do it to keep my body in shape and get ready for the day.”

“Very well. You have my permission to use the training grounds to do your morning exercise in. If you can, please don’t get into any fights with the Royal Guards.”

“As you wish, Luna,” said Blaze as he bowed to her again.

He rose back up and released the clone jutsu. A puff of smoke around him and he disappeared from Luna's presence.

Author's Note:

Edited by Izanagi and Biker Dash

Huzzah! The chapter post has been doubled!

PreviousChapters Next