• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 3,569 Views, 76 Comments

Stealing a Heart of Gold - Silentpegasus



A battle scared pegasus police officer get's transferred from the crime ridden streets of Manehattan to the small town of Ponyville.

  • ...
14
 76
 3,569

Epilogue

Epilogue

Shield was sitting at the breakfast table when two colt’s made their way over to the table, a white pegasus colt with a red mane and a black unicorn stallion with a dark blue mane.

“Morning dad!” they said in unison.

“Hey guys. What’s up?”

“Just wondering when mom’s coming home.”

“She’ll be coming home later. Mrs. Sparkle is going to look after you guys while I’m at the station.”

“YES!” they said as they high-hoofed.

“C’mon.” he said as he got to his hooves. The two colt’s trotted beside their dad, he looked down to the pegasus’s head and noticed a bruise. “What happened to your head Flint?”

“N-nothing.”

“Flint don’t lie to me.”

“Star Shooter hit him in the head with an apple.” the dark unicorn said.

“STEEL!”

“Really now? Sounds like Gizmo’s daughter has a crush on you.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Trust me when a mare hit’s you in the head with something, she likes you.” he said with a wink.

“Really?”

“Yeah, when I first met your mom she hit me on the head with a frying pan.”

“So that’s why you flinch whenever she’s near it.” Steel said with a raised eyebrow.

“Bingo.” he said as he knocked on the library door. A green unicorn stallion answered it along with a light green unicorn filly. “Hey Gizmo, I’m just dropping the twins off until Rarity get’s home.” he said as the colt’s ran inside.

“Yeah sure...Why does Flint have a bruise on his head?” he said as he looked at his daughter.

“Oops.” she said with a small blush. She then chased after the colts.

“Your daughter hit him the head with an apple.”

“Oh...so when should we schedule the wedding?” he said with a grin.

“Ha ha, very funny.” Twilight said with a smile. Shield said his goodbye and made his way to the police station.

“Hello darling!” an elegant voice said as she trotted up to the group.

“Rarity? I thought you weren’t going to be back until later?”

“I took an earlier train. How are the twins?”

“I just dropped them off at Twilight’s.”

“Great, now we can have some alone time.” she said in a seductive tone.

“Why Ms. Rarity are you trying to seduce me?”

“Yes?”

“Good cause it’s working.” he said as he kissed her.

“Why don’t we head home and-”

“Mom! You’re back!” the colts said as they came running out of the library. Shield and Rarity let out a sigh.

“Hello dears.” she said as she leaned down and hugged the colts.

“Guess what! I just saw Flint and Star kiss-” he was cut off by the two foals grabbing him and covering his mouth.

“Pardon?”

“He said nothing Ms. Rarity.” Star said with a bright blush on her face.

“Star hit Flint over the head with an apple.” Shield commented.

“Oh....I see. Well like father like son I suppose.” she said with a laugh. Flint began to blush brightly.

“Shoot I gotta go, other wise the captain is gonna be pissed.”

“Oh relax I’m sure Comet isn’t that mean. Plus aren’t you her boss Chief Shield?” Gizmo said as he rolled his eyes.

“You haven’t seen her without her coffee. Now that’s scary!” he gave Rarity a quick kiss and ran towards the police station. Rarity waved goodbye and went back inside the library waiting for him to come back to her.

Comments ( 11 )

Awww man, I couldnt stop smiling as I read this:twilightsmile: its been a long time coming hasnt it? From humble and dark beginnings to the legend we tell today, time passes as his mane turns white and he passes from Equestria, what will engraved on his tombstone
"Here rests Shining Shield, loyal protector, good friend, loving father and husband
R.I.P Phantasm of Manehatten"...:pinkiesad2:
I knew this story would be great, just because you made it:pinkiehappy:

2032827 Nice eulogy:ajsmug: and thanks for the support :twilightsmile: I am currently working on another fic. on top of my first HIE. Who needs sleep?:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

I'm starting to see a pattern with these epilogues.:trixieshiftleft: Still it was a great story(more emotional than the last one.)

2034590 what happend in between that time

Love this story the last part is very FUNNY :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Shield reminds me of Batman crossed with Max Payne

Great lil story you got here:ajsmug:

Have a like & fav.

2032843 This was a grate story man! Thanks for ze amazing read

Login or register to comment