• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 5,017 Views, 39 Comments

Loyalty - Wild & Lightning



After Soarin' recovers from a known illness, He finds the true definition of loyalty when he return

  • ...
1
 39
 5,017

Happy Birthday,Soarin'

"Soarin?" Rainbow Dash asked, pushing open the door to her room where her colt friend was. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. Looking around the dark room, she saw Soarin, lying on his bed, snoring like a maniac.

She groaned and walked over to their bed. "Soarin!" He moaned, but showed no signs of waking up anytime soon. Rainbow rolled her eyes and put her front legs on the cloud bed.

"Soooaaaariiiin!" she yelled, pushing her weight onto the bed and bouncing it. As she expected, he bolted upright, his emerald eyes wide open.

"WHAT?! What is it?! What's wrong?!" he screamed, looking around frantically. All he saw was a very annoyed light blue pegasus staring at him, looking unamused. He frowned at her and flopped back onto his bed, turning towards the wall. "What do you want?"

"I just came to wake you up grumpy head. I have breakfast downstairs... Its getting kinda cold." Soarin' mumbled in response and scooted over more towards the wall.
"Cool, apple pie for one then"
"APPLE PIIIIIIE?~"
Dash nodded and hid a laugh with her hoof as Soarin almost fell down the stairs, not thinking enough to use his wings to stop his, close to, free-fall.

Soarin finished the pie, and now that he was fully awake he was able to take part in an actual convorsation. "Soo... How about my birthday?" He asked holding his face with a hoof, leaning on the table lazily.
"What about it?" Rainbow asked, finishing her half of the pie.
"What are ya' going to get me?"
"Soar', its still a long ways away." She answered shaking her head.
"Well... Ya never know." He said, already out of the chair and slipping his Wonderbolt suit on.
"Yeah, yeah. Hurry up wonder-boy, your gunna be late"
" Wonder-boy, i like it." He smirked at Dash and wiggled his brow.
"Haha, ew you perv, Out."
She kissed him on the cheek and he flew off to the Wonderbolt's HQ.


* * *

After a long morning of making sure the weather for the day was exactly what the boss wanted, Rainbow Dash was trotting around Ponyville. Yeah, flying was epic and all. But a nice walk couldn't hurt once and a while. It was nice... Until she ran into Nurse RedHeart.
"Oh goodness!", She gasped, "I have been looking for you all morning Rainbow!"
"Heh, well." She smiled. " I don't really have paper or a pen on me right now..."
"Nono, dear. Soarin' was taken to the Cloudsdale hospital."

Rainbow's heart dropped. The world felt like it stopped as her anxiety levels rose.

"He specifically asked for you, The hospital up in Cloudsdale sent a scroll."
"Whats wrong with him?"
"It didn't say, but room six, floor-"
Rainbow Dash didn't need to hear anymore, she knew the room and as fast as lightning, she was speeding up to Cloudsdale.

* * *

Rainbow burst through the doors to the desk. "Soarin', please..."
"Ah, you must be.." The desk mare raised a brow.
"Rainbow Dash" she gasped.
"Down the hall, to your left. Talk to the nurse in the hallway before you enter."
"Right..." Dash could hear the desk pony calling 'NEXT' faintly behind her before she reached the door."
"Um.. Hi." Rainbow got the nurses attention. "She," she continues pointing to the Desk mare, "Said i should talk to you.. Before i go in."
"Of course, the patient has a bad heart. He passed out earlier today. We did some tests, and we aren't sure yet.
Rainbow nodded as the nurse got out or her way pushing the cart with the blood samples on it.

"Hey." She whispered hoping her coltfriend was awake.
"Hi" he mumbled back. Soarin' slowly turned over and his back.
After a long pause Rainbow Dash spoke up. "What can i do?"
"Smile for me"
"Wha-what?"
"Do it, while I'm in here ,for Celestia knows how long, I want you to smile."
Rainbow Dash stopped talking.

"Dash? Are you okay?"
"Oh yeah, peachy"
"Don't give me that look, it was a rhetorical question."
"Just.-" she didn't finish.
"Dash... Concern was flaring in his emerald eyes
"Mmm-hm." She silently whimpered
"Oh no, don't start crying, Dash. You can't start crying! Oh man, what did I do?!"
"Y-you didn't do anything, I'm just over thinking."
"Thinking about what? Dash... "
"This! I! It's all just so messed up..."
"No, Rainbow, no. Cut this out right now. I'm going to be fine!"
"How do you know?!"
"Dash, be realistic-" Soarin' said as he rolled his eyes.
"I DON'T WANT TO!"
"Okay, okay, I get that. But I know you. You're going to freak out over this. "

Rainbow looked up, her eyes wide. " freak out over what?"
Soarin' stared at her.
"I may be in here a while..."
"And that means?" Dash edged him on.
"Theres a chance i may, or may not make it."

Rainbow took in a large amount of air, and slowly exhaled, stareing blankly at the window. "...okay."

* * *

Two months later Soarin' was fully recovered and felt alive again. Like nothing could stop him. He got back home, Rainbow Dash's house technically speaking, and skipped inside.
"DASHIE?"
Nothing.
"Dash? I know your home. Heh, you told me you would be home when I got back! .... RAINBOW DASH?"
Still nothing. He closed the door and looked upstairs thinking she would be asleep, instead he found a note laying on the bed. He glided over and picked it up. It had a sky blue envelope and has his name messily scribbled on the front. He ripped it open and began to read what was on the parchment. He could tell it was her mouth writing because of how... Messy, it was.

Soarin'

If your reading this that means the operation went well. Do you remember the day you asked me, about three months ago; what i was giving you for your birthday? I actually didn't know what answer to give you then. But i ended up giving you one thing. I gave you my heart. Happy birthday Soarin'.

~Rainbow Dash.

Comments ( 36 )

That's such a dueche move of a story:flutterrage:..... very well done... but I still hate you for it.:raritycry::raritycry:

YOU BASTARD! Did you just kill Rainbow?:flutterrage:

...:fluttershysad:

...:fluttercry:I fell like I might need a new heart after this one.:raritycry:

:applecry: This is one of the saddest story's i have ever read.

1628474>>1628808>

Glacier Chasm- I-im sorry..

Brony of Truth- Would you kill me if i said yes? Here you go::heart:

Brosofbronys- im hoping thats a good thing.. Seeming this is suppost to be sad.

The story made me incredibally happy at first. But when I read Dash's letter, my heart fell. Y U MAKE ME CRY!:raritycry:

1634087 Yes, i loved this story it was filled with love and sadness.But i almost started crying at the last paragraph.

This is the beautifulest and saddest story ever
+ it's awesome effect if you're listening to Love Story by Taylor Swift:raritydespair:

that was sooo messed up...still good story

It's been the second time i'm reading, and i'm still crying

1732844 Hahaa- thanks.
1733761 that ending... Haha.

WHY LIFE HAS TO BE SO UNFAIR???!!!!:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry: WHY?! Oh yeah, cool but sad story :raritydespair::fluttercry:

:applecry: Whyyyy, sweet story so so sad :raritycry:

I feel like I this story in real life before, cant remember where though.

Holy cow that's a brutal return home for soarin :twilightoops:

:applecry: My grandfather ded of the same thng when my mom was 8 he gave hs heart to save my grandmother.

That story s so sad rly lke t thogh and t moved my heart keep p the good work...

Comment posted by LeopardCay deleted Sep 17th, 2013

I LOVE IT! sad, but I love it! :rainbowdetermined2:
Just one question, what happened with Dash!:rainbowderp:

She, she gave him her heart.
That's meen that she died, for him.
I love it, soo much.
I almost cried when I get it, "I gave you my heart".
Pleas write more of this, what was soarin comment I have too know!
Please!

4823986 yeah! hehe. uh... I got it it kinda took me a while but I was thinkin about it and some other things a
few nights ago.and i just relised what it means. umm...i thought it meant she fell in love with him but thnks.

Loved the story:heart:
But the FEELS:ajsleepy::pinkiesad2::fluttershysad::fluttercry:
I hope you make more stories like this:heart::raritystarry:

I read this story 2 times before i actually understood what Dash did so sad :applecry::fluttercry::fluttershbad::fluttershyouch::pinkiecrazy::pinkiesad2::raritydespair::raritycry:

I never cry. NEVER. EVER. But today, when I read this, two tears were actually rolling down my face. :fluttercry: Congratulations! :twilightsmile:

I've seen this in a tumblr post about a girl and his boyfriend

I've never read a 1000-words story that affected me so badly like this one :fluttercry: :raritycry:

oh shit you made me cry:applecry::raritycry:

... oh, that's what she meant by "giving him her heart". I didn't know it was that literal!

I'm not a big shipper of SoarinDash, but this may change my mind.

4012670 she gave her heart to soarin wich means she died for him now,dashie's heart is keeping him alive.
:fluttercry:

:raritycry: SO SAD :raritycry: WHY DASH?! WHY?!:fluttercry::applecry::raritycry::raritydespair::ajsleepy:

So no one bothered to tell soarin about the operation? Wow. .:ajsleepy:

Wow, my heart just sank. Sad but amazing! :fluttercry::pinkiesad2:

Omc! That is heart wrenching! 😭😭

Oh my gosh!!!! :rainbowderp:

Login or register to comment