• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 7,007 Views, 118 Comments

Night Apples - RangerBeef



Big Mac and Luna become romantically involved after finding they have more in common than they think

  • ...
7
 118
 7,007

Just a Little Fun

**This particular chapter has nothing to do with the romance story of Luna and Mac. It's just a humorous idea I had while writing this. ~ Thanks for reading, everyone.



Not long after Luna and Mac had revealed their feelings Big Mac made a special trip to Canterlot with a very inquisitive fashionista in tow. Big Mac answered only a few of her questions, mostly to ensure that she would have a good time and that she would be back in a timely manner.

Rarity thought it odd, given his new relationship with Princess Luna but she eventually resigned herself to simply enjoying the trip with a good friend. When they had finally arrived Big Mac led her to a small restaurant where they sat and ate a fine meal.

As the finished, Rarity daintily wiped her mouth and spoke. "Big Mac, I do appreciate you treating me to such a nice day trip but why exactly did you bring us here today?"

Big Mac said nothing but pointed to a group of ponies sitting at a table not far from the two of them. Rarity quickly noted one of the ponies at the table, and the one Big Mac seemed to be indicating, was Prince Blueblood.

"Him? What about him? Besides being," she paused searching for more polite words than swears, "besides being a jerk, what about him?"

Big Mac smiled at her and spoke softly. "Just watch, Miss Rarity."

Rarity again glanced at the table and noticed a familiar looking waiter bringing a small glowing apple sliced into several pieces toward their table.

"Compliments of the house, folks."

Rarity gasped. "Big Macintosh, you're going to give one of your delicious apples to that horrid stallion? Why would you.. ?"

Big Mac reached out and gently touched her shoulder. "Miss Rarity. Just watch."

Rarity turned her attention again to the table. Everyone seemed delighted by this new surprise fruit they were being treated to. Each sang the praises of how delicious it was. When Blueblood took a big bite of his slice he immediately spat it out and began trying to find something to take the taste out of his mouth.

"Oh my! That is the most horrid thing I've ever tasted in my entire life! Waiter! Why would you bring us such a disgusting dessert!?"

A different waiter rushed to the table and questioned them on what happened. Blueblood explained that another waiter had brought them a free dessert and that it had been horrid, though the other ponies at the table didn't exactly share Blueblood's disgust.

The waiter calmly explained that the restaurant also never gave complimentary food, as a policy. Which brought a tirade from Blueblood but several of his stallion friends spoke up and began to give Blueblood a hard time about pestering the waiter just because he had gotten the bad part of the apple. Blueblood quickly became flustered and stormed out of the restaurant followed by chuckles from the ponies at his table.

Rarity looked at Big Macintosh. "But why did he..?"

"Not like it when I like every pony? A little secret between you and me, Miss Rarity. I don't much care for him, either."

Rarity giggled herself silly. "Oh, Big Macintosh that was fantastic. The best dessert I've ever had, you could say. Just one question, who brought them the apple in the first place?"

Big Mac pointed at the pegasus walking out of the bathrooms, Rarity recognized him as Soarin' of the Wonderbolts. Big Mac gave him a slight wave and Soarin' gave a smile and a nod as he proceeded to a small table with a rather large slice if pie waiting on a plate.

Big Mac leaned in close to Rarity. "Let's just say he's a huge fan of Granny Smith's zap apple pie."

Rarity again lost herself in a fit of laughter as they both rose and exited the restaurant. "Thank you, Big Mac, for this lovely day."

"No. Thank you, Miss Rarity. For your kind words the other week. You really gave me the push I needed."

Rarity smiled at him. "We'll call it even then." They shared another laugh as they boarded the train bound for Ponyville.

Comments ( 31 )

hnng, i love this story

It may be a new favourite of mine. I only wish there was more elaboration on their love near the end; their years, and whatnot.

1583808 I leave those years to your imagination, my friend. I didn't want to impose my perfect world on the two of them, anyway. Plus, I felt if I went any further in depth, things would get too intimate. And believe me, I mean intimate.

just rolf xD

1583837 Yeah, for me, they'd get intimate too.

Everyday, Big Macintosh went home and railed the hell out of Princess Luna because DAT ROYAL PLOT, and he was gonna die long before her; why not leave his "imprint" in her?

hahaha im a dirty bastard

1560137 Honey you keep talking like that and I think we will ALL like how your mind works.

TAB

I'll admit, that made me laugh :rainbowlaugh:

The ending was oddly bittersweet, but I liked it. You just earned yourself a watch :ajsmug:

1584693 Haha What can I say? I hit a groove and just kept writing. :pinkiehappy:

1584279 Yea, I wanted to give them a fairy tale "Happily Ever After" ending but I felt I had to touch on the inherent problem of loving an immortal. And at least I came away with a sweet message at the end, right? :twilightsmile: Also, that last chapter I had been wanting to write since I introduced Rarity in the story. I like Rarity so even if I'm controlling her emotions it's nice to see her get a little sweet and subtle revenge. :raritywink:

Damn RangerBeef you got my eyes wet and my feels burning, I think it's about time you got that promotion.

1592570 Yea, I was actually a little sad I had to bring it to a close. I didn't want this becoming something long and crazy like the RariShy romance fic 'Green.' (Which I love) I probably could've gone a bit more in depth and dealt with a few more issues but I felt like it was very sweet where I left them and I was legitimately content with everything I had up to that point. So, why not go ahead and step out and let them live their lives together? :twilightsmile:

I'm glad you liked it.

Beautiful story, thank you :pinkiesad2:
Can't imagine how painful it must be for an immortal to lose a loved one like that. :fluttercry:
I liked the engraved message though, it inspires a type of faith and I felt it was genuine. :eeyup:

Absolutely loved this story, thank you so much, even if my feels were set ablaze in the process!:raritywink:

Also, that Rarity sequence at the end was well written, lolz were had XD

1600823 I actually had a hard time with how I was going to deal with Luna being an immortal. You're right that Celestia came off a little cold but that's kinda what she thinks is needed to keep from being hurt too badly. But I think in the long run, the good of falling in love far outweighs the bad and should never be given up on. Which is something I tried to subtlely convey. Because the happiness you receive from the time you have with one another should be cherished. In the back of your mind you know it will end one day but you should worry about that when the time comes. As Spike says, "That's future Spike's problem." To fully appreciate loved ones, sometimes you have to live in the now and just push aside all the negatives of the future.

Really happy you liked it. :)

Loved the story :heart::eeyup:
- and the addon: :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowwild:

1647340 Thanks! Glad you liked it. :twilightsmile:

nice story, word of advice for all that read this do not read this if you just read my little dashie it is not a good story to make you happy for it is also sad
Good story though you get... tons of rds:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

GRATE! :heart: i realy enjoyd this desert as whel XD

:twilightsmile: twas good

2177083 :twilightsmile: You make me blush. haha Thank you!

Hey, here's an idea kid. Write some short one-shots into a story, basing them off of small moments of their life together, that way you might be happy writing that again, and your fans will be happy with the small chapters of feels and fluff, and... whatever else you think of. I'm not forcing you, it's just an idea.

I loved this story. Good job!

great story my friend:trollestia: hope you come up with even better stories to come:raritywink:

Even I'm not a great fan of this ship... This was amazing. Really good ending, it made me cry... But it was so beautiful.

4785946 As an author, that really made me happy. It's always nice knowing you can effect people, and make them feel certain things. Glad you liked it. :)

Me when mac died: :raritycry: WHHY CRUEL WORLD :raritydespair:

This was a great story. I like the Luna and Big Mac pairing.:heart:
The ending was a true piece of art.:fluttershysad:
And the extra was funny.:yay:

i was so happy reading this than Mac die D:

This was such a great story, thanks so much for writing it. The only thing I would have loved to see would have been for Luna and Big Mac to have had a foal so that Luna could have had something to hold onto forever (as her decedents would then have been Big Mac's descendants, too)

Great story, I loved it so much!

I very much enjoyed your story.

7756925 Hey, thanks! Glad to hear it. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment