• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 2,045 Views, 27 Comments

A silver lining - Chaz1029



Derpy's life hasn't always been so easy. Can The Doctor help this?

  • ...
2
 27
 2,045

Clear skies

As I looked out into the distance towards Canterot I was thinking about the Doctor. Where was he? What was he doing? Is it over? The word 'over' stuck in my head and made me feel worse. I didn't want our friendship to be over. Did we have something special? A million questions were clouding my conscience.

I lay on my bed and just hoped that he would come home. As I read through more happy passages in my diary I became more and more worried about the Doctor and his safety. I didn't want to think that I could possibly never see him again. I couldn't bear to think of something so tragic.

This is the exact feeling as when my mother died 3 years ago. It's strange. I feel such a close connection to him. Is it because I love him too?

Love.

Love is a strong word that I only used to ponies the closest to me. Actually, the only pony I have said it to was to my mom.

I thought about if I did really love the Doctor for a long time. I went through everything that we did together, how he made me feel and about how I think about him constantly. I think that it's true. I do love Doc.

I sighed and accepted the fact that he would probably never love me. I cried into my pillow again, making it wet with tears, again.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

I perked up, wiped away my tears just to have them come straight back. I went close to the door. I stood behind the shut door and asked "Wh...who...who is it?" softly in-between gasps.

There was a faint reply from beyond the door "Uhh, Ditzy it's me...Doc...can I come in? I need to talk to you" He said the last few words slowly and carefully.

I reluctantly opened the door and let the Doctor in.

He walked in with his eyes slightly down. He looked at me a gasped "Oh! Ditzy! Are you alright?!" He said looking at my red eyes and wet cheeks.

"ye...yeah...fine..." I said eventually.

The Doctor walked me over to my bed and moved away the soaking wet pillow to reveal a dry, yellow sheet. He sat me down and he sat next to me.

He began the conversation. "Ditzy, about earlier today..." He said looking at me. I turned my ears down in embarrassment and looked away squeezing my eyes shut. He carried on talking "...The reason why I acted like I did was well...I didn't expect you to be so..." He trailed off, searching for the right word to say. He carried on "...but...No, no, no that's not the right word"

I gave a small and apologetic "sorry" and a little laugh after.

He smiled, put his hoof around my shoulder. The comfort soon flooded back to me. I felt warm to be in his arms.

He carried on "If only you would have stayed longer. I would have told you..." He paused for quite a while looking at my pulling my head to get my attention and meet his sight.

He said in a slow voice "I feel the same way..."

There was a silence.

We then suddenly embraced and felt the warmth of each other’s arms. I felt his heart pounding against my chest.

He pulled away and looked at me with big soft eyes.

"I love you Doc" I said in a soft and caring voice.

"I love you too Ditzy" He replied in a caring voice.

We embraced again, this time for longer.

We stayed on my yellow bed for a long time. Talking, hugging and laughing. We both looked at the clock - 10pm.

"Wow, it's getting late Ditzy, how about we get some shut-eye" He said while pulling back the covers on my bed. He winked cheekily at me.

"Ok Doc" I said sliding into bed with him.

"Night"

"Night"

We closed our eyes and drifted off into sleep.

Today was a good day.

Comments ( 14 )

Favouring, That's something i don't usualy do so good job :rainbowkiss:

Absolutly love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just finnished.
Please tell me you're going to continue the story, PLEASE?!?!?!? :applecry:

1502153 Heh, It's already completed :derpytongue2:

1502168 So there are some more Chapters still yet to come? :pinkiehappy:

1502188 No sorry, that's it :derpytongue2: I left it where it is to let the reader make up their own story :derpytongue2:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh well, it's still an amazing story :scootangel:

how the hell do you get my name up insted of some random number?

2 hours of editing have not gone to waste!:pinkiehappy:

Didn't even have to use the AK, gotta say today was a good day....good fic mate I enjoyed it

Talk has a very broad range from talking about life to objects. Try to narrow down what 'talk' is suppose to mean. Nice job, all in all

Simple yet beautiful

Login or register to comment