• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 185 Comments

DisQord Continuum: Equestria Rising - ZoidbergIsBestPony



Can a new pony home with peace ever be found amidst an interstellar war?

  • ...
4
 185
 3,123

Bonus: Discord's Plan (For DisQord Continuum Readers)

BONUS: Discord’s Plan (For DisQord Continuum Readers)

The coronation of the two Alicorn sisters was in full celebration. Every pony gathered in the center of what would become their new castle. It was a day of joy for all. Had they looked up at the sky, they would have only seen the sun and a shiny blue sky staring back at them. Not the two pairs of eyes that were staring straight at them two hundred miles above them.

In orbit above their new colony, two figures floated lazily amongst the wreckage of the Windigos’ sphere watching the festivities.

“It would appear that we have failed,” the blonde-haired figure sighed.

“I don’t think that we did Q,” the other figure with brown hair and a rather large nose answered with a look of chaotic glee. “We set out to eliminate a potential threat to the continuum. And now there are but a few small handfuls of ponies leftover, and they’re stuck on some backwater planet with no means of escape. I would say that we’ve achieved our goals. They no longer pose a threat to us.”

“Don’t they?” the blonde Q interjected. “We’ve seen how powerful they can get. We’ve seen that their ability to understand and use their powers is increasing. It’s best we simply eliminate the rest now and be done with it.”

“Come now Q, are we no better than humans?”

The blonde Q shuddered. “Perish the thought!” he said. “Those creatures kill their own like it were sport! “Which of them are killing the other at the moment?”

“I believe it’s the Romans’ turn,” Q replied, rolling his eyes.

“Remind me to eliminate them next!”

“You can’t just get rid of a species because they don’t suit you,” Q commented. “Besides, we can have so much more fun if we don’t!” Q chuckled as he entertained possible trials and tests he could put those humans through.

“You find everything fun Q,” the blonde Q said dismissively. “We’ll hold off the human question until they start venturing too far for their own good. Now what are we to do with these leftovers?” He looked down at the celebration, imagining squishing the entire city like an anthill.

A large grin spread wide across Q’s face. “I suppose I can always pop in on them from time to time and make sure they’re behaving; put a little chaos in their lives as it were.”

“I still say eliminate the lot of them,” said the blonde Q coldly. “But do what you will. I won’t stop you. Just remember that means they’ll be your responsibility Q. If the continuum has to step in, you’ll be living inside an asteroid for the next hundred million years or so!”

“You worry too much, Q,” the brown-haired Q laughed. “I know just the trick to keep those ponies in line.

The blonde Q was interested now. “I wonder what shape you’ll take to greet them. You’ve always had a flare for the dramatic.”

Q smiled as he began to transform. “I think a little chaos now and again will be good medicine for them, so I’ll bring them a nice heap of discord.

As he spoke, his shape slowly took shape. His head resembled a goat with horns from two other animals; his legs had one hoofed foot and one dragon’s leg. Every part of him consisted of a different animal in one way or another.

The blonde Q started laughing as he looked over this new form. “Ha! Like I said Q: flare for the dramatic!”

Discord laughed along with him as he admired his new appearance in a mirror that appeared in front of him. “You know, I rather like this form. Chaos really does suit me.”

The blonde Q gazed around at the wreckage of the Windigos ship. “Fascinating, this species. They sacrificed everything they are to technology in order to achieve perfection, and in the end, they succeed in losing everything. Why did you choose to use this race and in their current state, knowing what they become?”

Discord looked back at the blonde Q. “They were just right for the job I think,” he replied. “They were able to do what we needed, without getting any understanding of our powers.”

“But should they ever learn about those particles, they could become more of a threat than the ponies ever were!” The blonde Q gave Discord a very serious look of concern.

Discord merely smiled back at him. “Which is why I prevented them from contacting any of their people during this whole little exercise. Anything they may have learned, they couldn’t have shared.”

The blonde Q was still unconvinced. “We need to be careful. Just remember, this is the species that started it all. The origin of the Borg Collective itself: Species 001!”

Author's Note:

Well I waited as long as I could :ajsleepy:. FYI, three months isn't enough time apparently for a cover art :rainbowhuh:

So my official announcement will have to wait until whenever Arbyworks finally finishes. :fluttercry:

But for now, based on what you've just read, I think you can guess what that announcement will be.
I will be starting on The Discord Continuum 2 starting in late July! :yay:
(I need a small break to work on some other things)

Hope you enjoyed my story and continue on when DC2 begins.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/)
Zoidberg

Comments ( 20 )
Comment posted by ZoidbergIsBestPony deleted Apr 29th, 2013

Outstanding! :pinkiehappy:
Looking forward to the sequel.

Windigos became the Borg? That... kind of explains things? Certainly the cloaking fields, geometric ship construction, and devastating weapon systems. Seems like there's yet another story to tell in there, but that's always been the case with the Borg.

In any case, Q really needs to lay back on the knee-jerk smiting. I've seen vengeful gods with more self-control.

I look forward to the next tale of omnipotent shenanigans! :pinkiehappy:

So what is the species that started the borg collective exactly?

2503861 ah Whelp the Windigos are a pain in the flank but I didn't expect them to succeed in that area. Honestly if they were borg why didn't they try and assimilate the pony's?:trixieshiftright:

2503921

They're not borg yet. They become the borg down the line. So no assimilation of ponies just yet....but soon! :pinkiegasp:

2503938 ohh thats bad. well that is if they survive the EOH. I mean that stuff slaughtered their predicessors and I mean The borg also has to deal with the fact that the unicorns can work through the lay-lines. so they don't really have much ability. to fight it.

2503964

And if they assimilate the knowledge of Unicorn magic?...Dun Dun Duuuuuuuun! :twilightoops:

still wont help them, as the unicorn horns won't be useful out side of the main system that the unicorns can be found.

*reads this*
Wait a minute!!! I know which 'verse this is in!

You know, ya think that the Q would have eliminated the Windigoes because of the threat they become. Then again, they never became a threat to the Q so........

2709353 Uh, yeah. That always happens. Especially in a scape-goat-as-fuck world as this.

2709369

I know; just using sarcasm. Some things are too obvious to not be predictable. But the story as a whole should take a less traveled path. Though the basic ending should be obvious considering this is a prequel: the entire universe was destroyed and restarted. :derpytongue2:

So are most war movies. You seem to still be reading though. :unsuresweetie:
I always welcome suggestions to help improve my writing. Let me know if you have any when you've finished.:twilightsmile:

I'm kind of surprised that no one figured out what the Windigos were the moment you described their ship. I mean, it's not like cobbled-together, green-glowing spherical ships are common designs built by a lot of Star Trek aliens. :trollestia:

That said, I'm not quite getting the "they will be the Borg soon, but aren't yet" thing. Assuming the legends mentioned are correct they already seem to have a lot of Borg traits - the cobbled-together-from-multiple-sources ship designs, the drive to consume, and just being a massive threat to other civilizations in general. They're just focused on raw materials rather than alien biologies or technologies, and they seem to use much sneakier tactics towards that end. Maybe the actual Collective hasn't been formed yet? Personally, I think your take on how they went from regular humanoids to uncaring harvesters of resources to the cybernetic zombies the galaxy knows and loathes might be a worthwhile read... although of course it wouldn't be a story to put up on FIMfiction due to lack of pony.

3192319

My idea was that their mentalities became borg long before their technology.
It definitely would make a pretty interesting origins story.
Especially the introduction of shared consciousness into society.

Change two letters and I can always post on fanfiction.net
But it would be a long while before I got to it.

Definitely something to note for the future though! :twilightsmile:

3904482

I assume that means you liked the ending :rainbowhuh:
Thanks for the favs! :twilightsmile:

Huh. I actually wasn't expecting that. Well done.

After reading this and your first in this series, I'm faced with the great temptation to see where I can stream all of Next Generation...

i will say this is a vary good story.
yes if any one sees this comment read the full story it is wort the time.

Login or register to comment