• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 185 Comments

DisQord Continuum: Equestria Rising - ZoidbergIsBestPony



Can a new pony home with peace ever be found amidst an interstellar war?

  • ...
4
 185
 3,123

Dawn of Equestria (Part II)

Dawn of Equestria (Part II)

“We have the nebula in sight sir,” the Earth pony at the helm informed the chancellor.

“Excellent, follow the information we’ve collected precisely,” Chancellor Puttinghoof ordered. “Cut the engines just before we enter.”

“Aye sir.”

The Earth pony ship increased its speed straight into the nebula, shutting its massive engines at the last second. As the ship was enveloped in the pink haze, their visibility dropped to zero.

“I can’t see anything in this fog!” the chancellor complained. “You don’t think this was a trap do you?” He was asking no pony, but was looking straight at Sunbeam.

She turned away from his gaze, holding her jaw in pain. Her cheek had swollen turning black and blue. Perhaps it was the wound that caused Puttinghoof to soften some; or perhaps he lived long enough to see himself become his father. In either case, his anger slowly subsided he started to feel a little guilty and embarrassed for his behavior.

“Why don’t you get that looked at,” he told her pointing to her cheek.

Sun looked back at him with cold eyes. Whatever little respect she had for this stallion, was completely gone. She reached up with her own hooves and twisted her jaw back into place. The pain was excruciating, but she endured, enabling her to speak. But she held her tongue, as he had ordered, and continued to sit in silence, glaring back at him.

“The cloud is thinning, Chancellor,” the helmspony proclaimed. “Looks like we’re reaching the other side.”

“Good. Let’s see this hidden rebel base.”

The clouds broke around the bow of the ship, exposing the vast space beyond. The rogue planet with two moons could just be made out behind the Rebel and Unicorn ships blocking their path.

“Chancellor, the Unicorn ship is trying to contact us,” the communications pony stated.

“I have nothing to say to them. Charge Weap–”

“Please!” Sun cried out in a hoarse voice. Puttinghoof looked back at Sun, who was genuinely crying now. “Please talk to them; if nothing else.”

Puttinghoof’s mouth was fixed in a grinding frown as he gazed down at her. He inhaled deeply, letting out a long sigh. He turned back toward the communications pony.

“Answer them.”

The main screen opened communications with the Unicorn ship. Both Princess Platinum and Clover appeared on the display.

“Chancellor Puttinghoof,” Clover started. Princess Platinum was a little irked by her servant’s daring to speak ahead of her princess, but she let it go and allowed Clover to speak. “I never heard back from Sun. Have you heard our proposal?”

Puttinghoof looked at Sun quickly and replied, “Yes, but I will not serve under Unicorn rule. If you want an alliance, you will serve under the Earth ponies!”

“Outrageous!” Princess Platinum yelled. “I would never be caught dead serving under the likes of you!”

Clover tried to get a handle on the situation. “Chancellor, please. There are so few of us left, we need to work together. We can deal with politics some other time. For now, we need to stop the threat posed by the Windigos!”

Puttinghoof's nostrils flared at the word ‘Windigos’. “Do you really expect me to believe some voodoo invisible puppet master has been working the strings on us this whole time?”

“You must,” Clover pleaded. “We’ve already transported most of the Unicorn families aboard to the rebel base on the planet. You can do the same while we work together.”

The chancellor was stuck between his mind and his heart. Everything that had happened, from the Maretropolis disaster on, has been one devastation to the next for the Earth ponies, and the Unicorns just let most of it happen. The only thing keeping him from breaking communication and charging weapons was Sun. If he should have put his trust in anyone, it should have been her. Instead, he broke her jaw.

“Alright…” he said hesitantly. “I’ll jo–”

“Sir, we’ve got another ship exiting the nebula!” the tracking pony interrupted.

“What? Show me!” he shouted.

The communication to the Unicorn ship closed just as they were receiving the information. The display changed to the aft of the ship facing the nebula. The front of a second rebel ship broke through the cloud line. The chancellor quickly exhaled a sigh of relief; prematurely.

Behind the bow of the rebel ship was not the rest of the ship, but a trail of wreckage. The chancellor watched as the bow dipped down as it continued to break apart, completely destroyed.

Immediately following the wreckage of the rebel ship, the P.B.S. Nightwing, carrying Commander Hirkain, exited the nebula guns blazing.


Celestia and Luna bounced hard in the crate aboard the rebel ship. Sounds of explosions and impacts echoed as vibrations in the hull. Celestia peered out from inside the crate. They appeared to be in a cargo hold of some kind. No pony appeared to be around. She opened up the crate, allowing her and her sister a little breathing room.

“Where are we, Tia?” Luna asked, looking around.

“We’re on Daddy’s ship,” she answered, carefully climbing out. When she had all hooves on the ground she reached back in to help Luna out of the crate. “Let’s try to find him.”

They could hear constant bangs and booms against the hull, like the sound of a distant percussion band, playing in their direction. The doors to the cargo hold opened automatically when they approached. Celestia peered down the hallway. It was mostly clear, but in the distance she could see dozens of shadows running back and forth.

She looked back at Luna who was also gazing around at the scene. Celestia was as curious as she was scared and confused. “Stay with me,” Celestia said.

Luna stayed glued to Celestia’s side as they walked slowly down the halls. Every few feet was another door, every few doors was another hallway. Every intersection had elevators, and some hallways had walking accelerators to quicken their pace. Some hallways had ponies driving vehicles and devices from supply lifts, to mobile artillery units.

The two Alicorns kept off to the side to avoid being noticed, but even more so, to not get ran over or pushed to the ground. Most every pony they passed ignored them, or didn’t even notice them. Once in awhile, a pony might pause long enough to ask them if they knew where they were going, but didn’t hang around long enough for an answer.

Every blast or jolt to the ship caused nerves to jump and ponies to rush to get their tasks done in a hurry. Luna, who thought the bangs were almost fun at first, became more and more frightened with each strike.

“Tia, where’s Daddy? I want Daddy!” she complained.

Celestia was starting to like her plan less and less. She knew she had been winging it up until this point, but she honestly thought finding him would be easy. She searched for signs where everything on the ship was. But even with the maps along the walls, she didn’t even know where her father had been assigned.

“Let’s try this way,” she gestured to the rear of the ship. It was a long walk, but it would take them straight towards the engines of the ship.


Unfortunately both their father and Star Swirl were towards the front of the ship with Star on the bridge, and Bake manning one of the port-side guns. As soon as the Pegasus ship appeared from the nebula firing, Bake returned the favor with his guns; as were many other gunners, spread across the ship. All three ships fired wave after wave of bullets and missiles at the Pegasus ship. The battleship merely grinned back, completely unharmed.

The Pegasus fired a weapon of their own at the Earth pony’s ship. The shockwave sent the Earth pony ship somersaulting in its wake.

“REPORT!!!” he screamed, trying to climb back into his chair in the off-balanced ship. “JUST WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!?”

The helmspony was attempting to regain control and steady the ship long enough for the gravity-pumps to return to homeostasis. After several more flips, the ship was righted and ponies began regaining their seats.

The pony reading sensors struggled to make heads or tails of the situation. “I..I don’t know sir. Their ship shows no damage and their shields at full strength!”

“And what about us!?”

“Shields down to twenty-seven percent,” the pony continued to report. “Engine reactor one is offline. We can still move.”

“Three ships against one and that Pegasus bastard is sitting there smiling at us? Just what the buck is he packing!?”

“I don’t know sir, but I wouldn’t want to take another hit from it!”


“Star Swirl, we need something and we need it now!” Captain Thrace of the last remaining rebel ship shouted out.

“Incoming!” one of the officers yelled.

“Dive! Dive!” the captain ordered.

The blast from the Pegasus ship flew out just above them tearing their shields as it did.

“Shield strength?”

“Our port-side aft shields are down,” the Pegasus officer reported. “We’re exposed.”

“Then don’t present them with a target! Star, What have you got!?”

Star Swirl was attempting to collect enough magic to strike against the Pegasi ship. His horn was glowing and sparking out in a putter. Something was wrong.

“The Pegasi found our weak spot,” the officer discovered. “They’re trying to flank us!”

“Try to shake ‘em!” the captain yelled. “Star…NOW would be a good time!”

Star opened his eyes and saw the Pegasus ship on the main screen. Their new weapon was fully charged and firing straight for their open flank.

His eyes burst with the magical energy flowing through him, at once a massive blue magical bowl appeared in space, directly in front of the incoming stream of light from the Pegasus ship.

The light impacted into the bowl like a truck smashing into a brick wall. Even though it was stopped, the wheels were still spinning, trying to break through; the wall was cracking.

Star was forced to his knees as he struggled to maintain the spell. He knew it was only a matter of time before it failed. With one last thought, he tilted the bowl just enough to bounce the light off into space.

The light soared away from the battle before impacting into…empty space?

Star’s eyes returned to normal as the weapon ceased and his spell was dispersed. He felt weak. The room was foggy with shadows running back and forth. Sounds were hazed and diminished. But he needed to see. He stared at the screen until the two screens floating in front of his eyes returned to one. Then he saw it.

The Pegasus weapon had exploded at a point in empty space, but the space was no longer empty. What looked like part of a ship now appeared to be floating where there was nothing moments before.


“Your Majesty, you won’t believe this!” the Unicorn monitoring sensors proclaimed. “It looks like there’s an invisible ship over by the rebel ship! Part of their hull is showing.

Princess Platinum looked directly at Clover who was nodding at the sudden proof of her claims.

“Get me the other ships!” the Princess commanded.

“Do you see it Chancellor?” the princess asked when Puttinghoof came onto the screen.

“Yes I do. I don’t believe it, but I see it. Have you noticed anything else?”

“What do you mean?” the princess asked.

“That bucking thing is now charging weapons! If that’s the thing that can destroy a colony, I wouldn’t want to be in its path!”

The princess had her crew bring up a display of the ship off to the side of the screen. Sure enough, energy was being built up in the vicinity of the exposed portion of the Windigos’ ship.

“We need to stop it from destroying our last chance of survival!” the Princess cried.

“What about that Pegasus moron? He’s still firing on us!” Captain Thrace shouted over the din of systems sparking from the weapons fire.

“I’ll handle it!” the Chancellor volunteered. “You two stop those creatures from firing that weapon!”

Chancellor Puttinghoof closed the line and got to work. “Have we figured out what voodoo their using yet?”

“It looks like their shields can absorb magical energy,” the sensors pony reported. “They’re collecting it into a large-scale weapon and sending it back at us!”

“So magic is useless, eh? Well good. The Earth ponies never needed magic and we never needed wings. All he’s done is put the ball in our court.” Opening a line to the crew, he ordered, “Attention! Deactivate all magical enhancements on our weapons. Add extra chemical explosives to the missiles and fire when ready!”


“Why have we stopped firing?” Commander Hirkain demanded. With the magic-absorption shields working perfectly, victory was assured, yet all the guns seemed to have suddenly ceased.

“Sir, our weapon revealed a hidden ship at 323Lx17U,” the sensors pony remarked. He highlighted the grid area on the main screen, zooming into the image of the exposed portion of the mysterious vessel.

“And? …That doesn’t answer my question.”

“The other ships have ceased firing and are moving to intercept. This could be a threat,” he answered. “Should we not reassess the situation?”

“Don’t tell me how to run my ship! That Earth pony ship is heading straight for us. All they’ve done is present us with an easy target. Let them deal with that other ship, and in the meantime, we’ll pick them off one by one.”

“What if that other ship is a threat?” This Pegasus was starting to doubt the situation.

"Then we'll deal with it after!"

"But sir!"

“You are relieved! Get out!!!” the commander screamed.

“Sir, you need to know the facts before you–”

The Pegasus dropped to the floor with a hole in his stomach from a silent storm handgun held by Commander Hirkain.

“I will not tolerate disloyalty anymore! We are Pegasi! We are the best of all the pony races! You will obey my orders; we will be victorious! Is that clear!!?”

The commander’s face was reddening by the second. His eyes breathed fire with a twisted fury of a tornado ripping through a barn. This was his ship, his Pegasi, the destined leader of all ponies. He would not suffer another disloyal soldier in his ranks!

Every pony in the room snapped back to their posts, within seconds, the ship resumed firing at the approaching Earth pony ship. The commander settled back into his chair. He imagined himself sitting on a throne of skulls, those of the Unicorn and Earth ponies, and all those that lacked true loyalty. A crooked smile spread wide across his lips.

Not a single thought came to the commander’s mind of the one Pegasus on board, sitting in a jail cell, who tried to warn him of this imminent threat.


The Unicorn and rebel ships were launching everything they had at the mysterious ship, but with little effect. They only change they witnessed was the ship had deactivated whatever was keeping them invisible.

The Windigos' ship was a massive perfect sphere. Green lights poked out from various sections and compartments. It was unlike anything they had ever seen. Its hull was lined with composites of a multitude of metal alloys and varying technologies. Someone might look at it like a Frankenpony’s monster of ships made from parts of other ships, but yet it remained in a perfect symmetry of a sphere. On the side facing the planet, energy was building up in the form of a massive yellow bulb of light.

“Target that weapon and fire!” the captain continued to order again and again. Princess Platinum was seated next to him, watching the battle unfold. With every failed hit, her heart sank lower and lower as her fear steadily rose.

The rebel ship was not fairing much better. Captain Thrace was throwing everything in his arsenal at the ship with no luck. When a second energy bulb appeared on the sphere, he knew it was meant for them.


“Tia, where are we?” Luna cried, as they continued down hallway after hallway.

Celestia looked for some sign of where they were. She finally caught a sign that read, “Port Engines”. Realizing they must have reached one of the engine rooms, she opened the doors and peered in.

The room was massive. They could probably have fit an entire Ponyball stadium inside. At the center was a massive metal ring. Written on the tube it said, “MONOCEROS PARTICLE ACCELERATOR 1-8R72”. Celestia had no clue what it meant, but was still in awe at the massive piece of technology. Whatever came out of the ring was delivered to the rear of the room where a massive cone faced out the back of the ship.

Luna looked around the room, but didn’t see their father anywhere.

“Tia!” she started to cry. “I want Daddy! Where is Daddy!?” She wiped her tears away with her hoof.

Celestia turned away from the sight to look at her sister. She felt guilty bringing Luna here. Despite the fact her sister would never have spoken to her again if she hadn’t brought her, this was not much better.

“Come,” Celestia said nuzzling her sister warmly. “Let’s have a look around. He might be in here somewhere. Luna sniffled and nodded. She followed her sister down the stairs toward the massive tube at the center, where many ponies were working diligently checking system status after system status.

They were about halfway down the stairs when it happened.

The entire ship lurched downward and swerved to the right. Luna bounced hard and started to fall down the stairs. Celestia, who was also thrown, tried desperately to save her sister, but the worst thing happened. Out of the corner of her eye she saw this tremendous light punch through along the wall, ripping it from the ship entirely.

In the first second following, Celestia witnessed time stop around her. She saw the stars twinkling through the massive hole, where the wall used to be; the ponies in lab coats leaping away from the impact; the look of horror on her sister’s face.

The last thing Celestia could hear, were her sister’s high-pitched screams, as they were both sucked into the vacuum of space, where the sounds of screams are stolen by silence.