• Published 20th Jan 2024
  • 1,425 Views, 49 Comments

Shattered Pages - Caladis



Night Light puts his hoof down regarding an ongoing affair involving his wife, Twilight Velvet. Princess Twilight's feelings complicate the issue.

Comments ( 12 )

Twilight Sparkle being selfish? Dear Faust! What will Equestia ever do? And will the kingdom ever survive?
:rainbowlaugh:

Great tale. I do like and enjoy stories where the clop is secondary to the plot itself. This seems more to read like real life situations, even if couched in pony terms...

Sequel? I'd go for that, but I also feel that this storyline is fairly well wrapped up. Let others decide. I am working on my own tale that I have published here. But if I do see any sequel, I will certainly read it. Thak you for your imaginative tale.

:moustache:

ahhh a happy ending xD

a sequel could be fun, but it is also a happy ending :)

Yes to a sequel pleeeeease.

It's a shame Flurry Heart isn't getting involved, especially since Velvet doesn't want to wait for her first heat. Maybe in the sequel there'll be some foalcon, as well as Shining joining in the group sex. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sequel, please.

I vote Sequel

Please add comedy to this because this was definitely a parody being on this. I don't know if you're making fun of me2 or 100% serious.

11819586
I'm at the max number of tags but I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Got around to reading this. I have a lot of thoughts on this one, so bear with me. I did like the story but I'm going to start with the things I didn't like:

I did not like the characters at all. Every single one of them is short sighted and selfish in the exact same way, which is not fun for me to read.
The train of logic for each character's decision making is strange, at best.
There is a lack of emotional weight. I'd say the big exception to this is the scene where Velvet is forced to sign the paperwork. In every other interaction the characters feel a little robotic to me.
Legally coerced sex is my fetish. I'm not kidding. But somehow this didn't do it for me. Hmm...
FLOWER

Things I like:
The world building is pretty interesting actually. I like how much thought was put into the world around this scenario.
I like the ending situation, even if I hate how it got there.
Your grammar is pretty darn good. I didn't see any glaring issues and nothing about that took me out of the story.
Little details were well thought out, you put work into this and I can tell.

Interesting things:
The attitude around sex in this world is bizarre. This isn't a positive or a negative, but it's something I'm thinking about. They think about and treat sex (up until the last chapter) more of something like food. Categorizing her mother's pussy as a marital asset, and going into detail about how he was "denied sex" for six months is such a weird and strange way to even think about this.

Final thoughts:
I liked this story, and technically it's fine. The characters think very, very differently about sex from me and seem alien in a lot of ways they do things. I would not like to read more about them, though, as I really don't like any of them. They are all selfish assholes and not in a fun way. The world, however, is very interesting and I've love to find out more about it. It almost seems like in the last chapter you tried to bend the world and characters more towards "our" cultural norms, and IMO, it isn't quite as interesting as the earlier chapters to me--even if it allows for a better ending. But I'm not your average audience, so take what I say with a grain of salt!

11826761
I appreciate your feedback. In it's own way, this has been my most popular story to date. I'd like to think that my writing is getting better and I consider your work to be exceptional so for you to have liked anything about it to me is a win.

Login or register to comment