• Published 13th Nov 2012
  • 2,343 Views, 9 Comments

Beauty and the Beast ?!? - mbpony 512



You think you know the famous fairy tale, well you haven't heard it like this....

  • ...
3
 9
 2,343

The story

Note that the following storyline isn't my property as they are a product of the mind of Lauren Faust and Hasbro. The song in the story was entitled, "Read Me a Story, and it was produced by the Sesame Workshop show, [i.]Sesame Street.

When I first started going on this site and making stories, I made a promise to myself to try to finish them to the best of my abilities someday. Still to this day, I have not yet accomplish that goal. SO, I decided to go back and do what I did best before and that was creating one-shot tales.

This is my first attempt at a Sparity storyline as I truly found it interesting and unique in the terms of fantasy and love. Still, if you all want some background information...the story itself may give you a clue or two about what happen....

Other than that, enjoy and I can't wait to see your reviews on the story...


It was clear starry night as Luna’s moon rose up in the sky. To many, it was a time for all living beings to be in bed and for the little ones it was a time to be in bed and awaiting the arrival of their parents to say good night to them as well.

They await their mother’s arrival, as she comes up the stairs into their room. Both twins born on the same day and hatched only a few months later. Both are named after jewelry in which their parents loved, and both are nearly identical twins in some cases.

When the door to their bedroom opened and they saw the familiar shadow they shouted, “Mommy!!!”

“Now, now little ones,” she stated as she came into the room, “Not so loud, remember what I said…if you get yourselves ready for bed in almost ten minutes, then I would be up here to read you a story.”

“Yay story,” they both shouted as the mother laugh.

Then one of the little ones said, “I wish Daddy was here to say good night…”

Their thoughtful mother gave them a warm smile and said, “I know girls, but you know how important your grandmother’s work is to her…and how much your father loves her and enjoys helping her. I know he wouldn’t want to leave you two behind, but it was at up most importance that your grandmother needed him for this task. He’ll be safe and he will come back to us. This is because your father is strong and your grandmother is very powerful. They have each other’s back. Now do you understand?”

They both nodded yes and then their mother continued pat them down, until the other child voice questioned…”Mommy…why are we different than Grandma and the others?”

“Whatever brought up that idea?” she asked.

“When we were with Aunt Sweetie and we ran into an old friend of hers who called us freaks.”

“I see, well I think I know who that “Old friend” of Aunt Sweetie is,” their mother said, “A former young filly, who hasn’t been humbled with age. As it seems her own greed got worse as she grew older and she has yet to be understand the views of humility. I wouldn’t want you two listening in on anything said to either of you heard from her.”

“That’s what Aunt Sweetie told us after she defended us,” the little one said.

“That’s all well and good, but you should never let anyone be it pony or Dragon bring you down,” said their mother proudly, “You two are the most special things in the world to your father and I. You are very important to your grandmother and your aunts and even uncles. There is a reason why you are named after your grandmother’s family to remind them of their greatness. Just as there is a reason your sister is named Amber to remind us of our eternal love for each other and the beauty of life.”


“Really mommy?” she asked.

“Yes, really my little Spark,” she stated, “In fact you reminded me of a story of mine where a young pony learned the valued lesson of judging others by their looks.”

”What it’s called Mommy,” asked the young one.

“It’s called Beauty and the Beast,” the mother said to children, and it all begins with the simple words of Once upon a time….

Read me a story
Read me a rhyme

There was once a beautiful maiden whose….

“Mamma, What’s a maid-in?” ask Spark.

“Maiden, my dear…” stated the mother, “She like a princess…like Princess Celestia.”

“Oh, you can continue Mamma,” stated Spark.

Okay then…. now let’s see…. Once upon a time there was a beautiful maiden, whose gorgeous looks were loved by all those around her. She had the ability to make other creature look beautiful by crafting various clothes for them to wear. However, despite all that beauty she had and her wonderful ability of making clothes alone, she carried one flaw… and that was for her to look for the beauty in others because of how they looked on the outside and not on the inside.

Something that happen
Once upon a time

Now it was because of that flaw that resulted in her undoing. She was cursed by an evil magician into transforming herself into a being of great greed and power. Her form was changed into a fierce monster that made her runaway from those she loved and took an appreciation towards. Her friends were then later confused upon her behavior and her departure…so they rushed out to find her and bring her home.


It could have monsters,
Princesses too,
Wonderful kingdoms
That are make-believe or true…

However her friends couldn’t find her anywhere, and soon they almost given up hope. Until one day a brave knight went on a long journey to find the fair maiden that disappeared long ago.

Read me a story
And when it’s through
Here’s what I promise to do…

She found the maiden in the cave of a fierce dragon and after a long battle, the knight learned that the dragon and the missing maiden were one and the same and that made things difficult. The curse of the maiden caused her to become a dragon and because she gave into her own fears of being a monster lost her way. The knight feeling sorry for the maiden made it his mission to get the dragon to trust him and relearn the ways of her former life.

Soon the knight let the friends of the former maiden in on the problem and they also lend in their assistances as well. Soon the former maiden was ready to accept society again, but society wasn’t ready to accept her.

“What happen to her then Mamma?” questioned Amber.

“Well the knight and the maiden friends still loved her and the knight fell in loved with the transformed maiden, and with one kiss, he too sacrificed himself to become a monster as well,” stated the mother.

“Well that doesn’t sound like a happy ending?” stated Spark.

“Oh, but it is my little ones,” stated the mother, “For you see, love knows no bounds and as long as there are beings who accept you for who you are and you can accept them and the situation that you find yourself in, then you are truly worthy of your own happy endings.” Seeing the girls confused looks the mother tried to simplify the lesson “The thing I’m trying to tell you is that you should never let anyone tell you that you are worthless or freaks… you should know that are special for who you are and that you have loved ones who would love you for who you are and what an impact you made on their lives. Do you understand?”

Read me a story
So when I can read….
I’ll read one to you.

Both girls nodded to their mother as she smiled and placed a gentle kiss on their foreheads. After wishing them both good night and they responded in kind, she slowly walked away to her own bedroom. Once she was alone in the room she laid herself down and with lose a sob of tears down her face. In her moment of silence she was only able to utter these words, “Please be safe…please my knight, come home safely.”

Comments ( 9 )

No views or ratings?
I shall go on an adventure!

... Yeah... needs a lot of work.
Really dislike the heavy use of bold. Hurts the eyes.

1610697 I suspect that wasn't intended. I believe it was a coding error when trying to bold only the song.

It's cute and a nice read, but it would benefit from some length. Also, you need to fix the coding error with the bolds.

1611591

If you could tell me how, then I'll try to fix it. :fluttershysad:

Also the next one-shot will short of explain things a bit in this tale.

1611681 Well usually you have a [ b ] without a [ /b ] minus the spaces.

“Well the knight and the maiden friends still loved her and the knight fell in loved with the transformed maiden, and with one kiss, he too sacrificed himself to become a monster as well,” stated the mother.


...does that mean what I think it means?

If so, then I say bravo for the clever little twist.

I really like this, it's sweet. But I don't really understand why she's so worried at the end there, did I miss something. Also, if you're still having trouble with your coding errors I can try and fix them for you if you send me the story. :D

Okay. This was an interesting concept.

I would have liked to see more detail in the events leading up to the part where the children are picked on. I would have also liked to have seen exactly why the children are picked on. I know that Rarity and Spike are the parents, but what makes them different from normal ponies? Or dragons? Do they have spikes on their bodies? Those are questions I would have loved to seen answered.

The coding errors have been address multiple times so I won't be too harsh, but they do need to be fixed and someone on the website can help. I'd be happy to help. I suck at them, but I'd still be willing to try.

The story was pretty interesting. And I would have loved to see it go more in-depth and show more of the journey. Like how the knight became friends with the dragon, what was their first encounter, what kind of struggles did the two face? I would have loved to see more of that. I don't know if your other stories go into detail with that, but I would love to see that.

A sweet tale. Again, I would love to see more and I hope you do more, because I think you've got good ideas and I would love to see you grow as a writer. Thanks for letting me read it and I'll catch you later. Take care. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment