• Published 5th Sep 2012
  • 1,845 Views, 45 Comments

Strange Happening - Z-A-C



It was just a normal day when something......odd happened

  • ...
4
 45
 1,845

Work

Dinner was good. We had tacos and so did the two ponies but their tacos didn't have any meat on them. When we were done with dinner, I turned on the Xbox and started playing Skyrim. Applejack shook her head but sat down to watch and so did Twilight but I figure that's because she wanted to see an active example of how video games work. What I found funny was the look on her face when she saw the violence of it. She asked me if it is always this violent and I told about The Suffering and after the to her this didn't seem that bad.

It was around nine now and everyone was starting to go to bed as per usual. I decided to stop playing early and went upstairs to do....well I don't know yet. Twilight and Applejack are already up here, they came up about forty-five minutes ago. They were in bed but not asleep just talking about....when they're going back. I entered my room and the immediately stopped talking.

"Oh no, continue talking. I could here you from outside the room."

Twilight cleared her throat. "Yes, sorry Zane. Does your world have any phoenixes?"

"No why?"

She looked disappointed. "I need phoenix tears." She sighed. "They're an ingredient of the spell i used to get here."

"I see. Well we don't have any birds that are capable of producing tears. At least not that I'm aware of."

"How about crocodile tears?"

"Our crocodiles don't actually cry..."

She sighed "Then I'll try to find substitutes. I already have the maple and oak leaves and imbued them with magic."

"So magic leaves and tears? How does this work exactly?"

"When the leaves are imbued with magic they both have different magical properties. An example would be if you added sugar to something bitter, it give the bitter substance more of a sweet taste."

"So adding magic the leaves makes them....?"

"Um...think of the maple leaf a sweet substance and the oak leaf a bitter substance."

"Ok?"

"Adding magic to the maple leaf give it a slight bitter flavor and with the oak leaf a slight sweet flavor but not so much as to completely reverse it."

"I'm not following Twilight."

"Ugh nevermind."

Applejack shook her head. "Yeah Ah don't understand it neither. So sugar cube, you doing alright?"

"Yeah. I didn't Twilight would be looking to leave already. I mean this is her first day staying here and you've been here only about a week."

"Well she did come here to find me, not take a vacation."

"Yeah I know. I'm not so selfish as to force you guys to stay here. You have family and friends to back to and it's not my place to prevent you from going back. Hell I would try to help you, but I have a tendency to screw things up."

"Ah'm sure she'd appreciate the thought sugar cube. It's gettin' a bit late, why don't we hit the hay?" She suggested to all of us.

I responded but shutting my computer and Twilight was a step ahead of her and was already in bed.

+-----+-----+-----+

I woke up and noticed me mom practically yelling at me. I looked at the time and what day it was. "Shit! It's Friday I'm gonna be late!"

The ponies looked at me with confused faces and Twilight spoke. "Late for what?"

"Work! I work weekends and it's Friday! Shit." I started getting undressed and dressed in front them. The blushed and looked away. Well Applejack did Twilight however wanted to learn human anatomy. Good thing I didn't need to change underwear due to my shower last night. Who knows what questions Twilight would have. I got dressed and looked at the time. It was three and I need to be at my ride's house at three-thirty. I'm cutting it close because it's a twenty minute drive.

I got my keys and opened my computer. I looked at Twilight. "You can use my computer for any research, ok? If you have any questions just ask my mom Alright?" She nodded. "Good see ya later." They both said bye and I ran down the stairs, grabbed my sunglasses and left the house.

I sped down the roads and got to my ride's house in fifteen minutes. I parked in front of his house and went in.

"Sorry Jay. My lazy ass needs to learn to get out of bed on time."

"Yeah you do. I was going to leave without you."

"Well I don't expect you to stick around and be late to work for me."

"Good because I wasn't."

I finished getting ready and we left around four.

-----+-----+-----

---------------------------
Back at my house. 4:30 PM
---------------------------

"So Twi, what do you think we should do?"

"Well I'm going to do some research on what would be good substitutes for the tears I need."

"Hmm...Ah guess I can help around the house. Ah don't know."

"Oh! That give me an idea!" Applejack raised an eyebrow. "I can look around and see if there's anything here that would do."

"Ah can help ya look. Uh what all do you need to do fer the spell?"

"Once I get the ingredients, I need to grind up the leaves and put them into the substitute tears. Then I'll need to mix them all up into a fine paste and then the magical properties of each ingredients will be mixed together and when it mixes with my own magic the spell will be ready to be activated."

"Ah see. Well better get lookin'."

"Right!" Twilight said with a nod of her head.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

-----------------------
Pizza Hut. 5:30 PM
-----------------------

I had just clocked in and tried to find something to do. There was four people on the make table so I checked the dish room.

"Fuck my life..." I sighed. There was no one in the dish room so guess what I'm doing for the next eight hours. "I fucking hate this shit." I thought to myself and started working on the dishes.

One of the cooks working on the cut table came back. "Hey can you come get the dishes please?" It really was a question.

I nodded my head and got the oven mitts so I can get the hot pans. "Like I don't have enough fucking dishes to do." I thought to myself. He went back up front and I muttered to myself. "I hope it slows later."

The dishes were now practically stacked up to the ceiling. "Son of a bitch...."

Jay came back to the dish room "Hey Ricky just called in sick so you might be on your own."

"Fuck! Great....You see this shit man?"

"Yep better get to work." He said as he started to wash his hands.

"Your an ass, you know that?"

"Yep and I'm a dick. I thought you were used to it?" He said in a almost unreadable tone but I could tell he was at least somewhat joking.

"I am. I'd just like some help is all."

"I would help you, but look at this." He finished washing his hands and motioned for me to follow him.

I followed him and looked at the screen. The cooks were ten tickets behind. I whistled. "Damn, I'll let you get back to work then." He nodded and I walked back to the dish room and started doing dishes again.

+-+=+-+=+-+=+-+=+-+

----------------------------------
Back at my house. 6:15 PM
----------------------------------

Applejack was still helping Twilight look for a good substitute and they both were having little luck. Twilight levitated something over to her, briefly looked at it, shook her head and put it back.

"Um Twilight how much longer do ya think this is going to go on fer?"

"I don't know but it doesn't seem that there's anything that will be useful."

"Hmm....Ah'm sorry Twi but Ah can't think of anything."

"It's ok Applejack. I'll just have to do some research. I might have to use Zane's computer, there are barely any books here."

"Well he did say ya can. Ah'll just find somethin' to do Ah guess."

"You can help me make dinner. I didn't realize how late it was." My mom said as she was walking down the stairs.

"Ah'll be happy to ma'am."

_-=_-=_-=_-=_-=_

----------------------------
Pizza Hut. 7:50 PM
----------------------------

"I'm hungry. I really wish they would let you have a free personal pan or something. This sucks."

"Hey we have a cancelled pizza here!"

"Well then get it off the screen!"

"It's already made!"

Please don't throw it out. Please don't throw it out.

"Well then toss it and be done! Don't get hung up by it!"

Fucking inconsiderate bastards...

"No save it! I'm sure some people would appreciate it!"

"Alright then!" The pizza was set down on the prep table. A few people walked over to it and grabbed a piece. I made sure I got in there before it was thrown away.

#$%#$%#$%#

------------------------------
Back at my house. 8:30 PM
------------------------------

"Excuse me, do you know when Zane is coming back?" Twilight asked my mom.

"He comes back Monday."

"I see. He said I could use his computer but since he was running late he couldn't show me how to use it. I was wondering if you could help me?"

"Of course! Come with me."

"Thank you." They went upstairs and into my room.

"Ok what do you need help with?"

"I need to know if there something similar to the ingredients I need for the spell."

"Ok I think you need something to type with."

"No need I can use my magic to type. Is the anything like a typewriter?"

"Yes. Just press a key to type. Here, I'll get you started." She opened up Yahoo. "Alright just type something in the search bar and press enter and that's all."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

@#$%^&*()_++_()*&^%$#@

-------------------------------
Pizza Hut. 11:45 PM
---------------------------------

"I'm glad it slowed down but now there's barely anything to do. Floors have been swept and mopped and the dishes are surprisingly done."

The manager in charge came up to me. "Hey you and Jay can leave. It's pretty slow right now and we don't need ya, so go ahead and clock out."

"Ok." Wow got lucky.

Jay came up to me on the way to the computer. "Hey you clock out yet?"

"Doing that right now."

"Well hurry up. I want to get out of the damn place."

"Same here." I clocked out and looked at the schedule. We both have Sunday off. I got changed into a normal shirt and entered the car. "Hey dude we both have Sunday off."

"Do we?"

"Yeah man. I checked the schedule before I came out here."

"Sweet."

"Hell yeah."

And now to go to his place and play some video games.