• Published 5th Sep 2012
  • 1,845 Views, 45 Comments

Strange Happening - Z-A-C



It was just a normal day when something......odd happened

  • ...
4
 45
 1,845

Meeting Some More Ponyfolk

"So where have you been to already?" Fluttershy asked.

"The library, Rarity's shop, Sweet Apple Acres, and Sugar-Cube Corner." I paused. "Oh and Rainbow's house."

"Oh my, it seems that you have been to most of the popular spots."

"Sounds like it. Anywhere else we can go? Like any other friends you would like to meet? Or are those other five it?" I said playfully.

"I-I have other friends..." She paused in thought. "Oh I know! You can meet Ditzy Doo or Zecora!"

"I already met Ditzy...but who's Zecora?"

"She's a zebra that lives in the Everfree forest."

"A zebra? There are zebras here!? And they talk?"

"Y-yes?" She answered, unsure about my reaction.

"Huh, a talking zebra? Cool."

"Do you want to meet her now?"

"Sure."

We walked out of her cottage, and to the opening of the Everfree forest.

I looked over at Fluttershy. "I-I can kinda see why Twilight wasn't so sure about me when she came to my world..."

"It is pr-pretty scary huh?"

"Yeah! And you said Zecora lives in here?!"

"Yes?"

"Is she crazy?!"

"We should be ok if we stay on the path. I-I hope."

"You hope? Uh-huh... Stick to the path you say?"

"Yes you should be.... What are you doing?"

I was looking on the ground, checking the bushes. "Huh? Oh, nothing just looking for a light tree branch or something." I found one and picked it up, and started swinging it around. "Yep. This should do nicely."

"What are you going to do with it?"

"Protection, just in case anything attacks us on the way there or back. Well...that and I always like to have a branch or something similar when I go on walks in a wooded area." I chuckled to myself. "I even earned the nickname 'Caveman' from it." She looked at me funny, finding the nickname weird or something. "I used to have longer hair! Anyway, lets get going."

"Ok, follow me."

*****^*****^*****^*****

"I'm not sure I like this Fluttershy..." I said with a shaky voice, watching our surroundings like a hawk.

"It is a bit scary on your first trip but we'll be fine." She said with a smile.

"O-ok as long as you're sure."

We continued to walk the trail to Zecora's hut. Something feels off about about this place. Even though I've been told it works like everything on earth.... It doesn't seem natural.

"Only another minute or two."

"If you say so."

We've been walking for what felt like forever, but it really wasn't that long. We came upon odd shaped tree, and Fluttershy said that was her hut. I would have asked if all ponies live in trees if it wasn't for the fact that I know the most live in houses, and Zecora's a zebra, not a pony. Fluttershy knocked on the door, and after a few minutes the zebra answered.

"Ah Fluttershy I see. And who may I ask is in your company?"

"Hi Zecora. This is Zane." Fluttershy said, and I waved

"Hmm...an interesting name indeed. Come inside, I will help with what you may need."

"Well Twilight's got that covered." I said. "Nice to meet you Zecora."

"Nice to meet you as well, my unusual friend. Just so you know my rhyming has no end."

"Oh I see. It's cool, I just wanted to meet you before I went back to my world."

"A different world? If I may ask, was getting here an easy task?"

"Well it was for me. All I had to do was step through a portal. Twilight, however, had to do a bunch of research. You should ask her about it next time you see her."

We talked for an hour or so before I decided that I wanted to leave due to the rhyming hurting me head. I can only take so much you know. W e said our goodbyes and left, back in to the creepy forest we yet again stroll. I just hope that it will be uneventful like the first time around.

Much to my enjoyment, it was just as uneventful as the first time around, and we were heading back to Fluttershy's cottage.

"Anywhere else you would like to go?"

"Well it's still light out. Hmm...well I guess I could properly meet Ditzy. Huh, I don't know."

"We could do that."

"Do what?"

"We can go meet Ditzy."

"Ok sure."

And we headed for town.

*---*---*---*---*---*

I really thought that she would live in a cloud house, like Rainbow Dash. But no she lives in a normal house. And a nice house at that. I knocked on the door, and a young unicorn filly answered the door. She looked at me and cocked her head, then looked at Fluttershy, and seemed more excited.

"Oh! Hello Fluttershy, are you here to see my mother?"

"Yes Dinky." She said with a smile. "Is she home?"

"Yep! Just a minute!" And she scurried off.

After a couple minutes the grey pegasus mare known as Ditzy trotted up to the door.

"Oh hello again mister! Hi Fluttershy!"

"Hello Ditzy." We both said at the same time.

"Did you guys need something from me?"

"No. I'm just meeting a couple more ponies before I go home tomorrow. And I thought it would be nice if we actually talked, instead of you crashing into more."

She gave a nervous chuckle. "Yeah sorry about that. I guess Rainbow Dash is the only pegasus that can do tricks."

"Eh that may not be true. I mean it may not be your talent, but if you practice enough you'll be able to get it. Like the time I was trying to learn a song on the bass guitar. It was really difficult but I got most of it after I practiced."

"What song?" Both Ditzy and Fluttershy asked.

"You wouldn't like it. It might be a little negative for you two, plus I don't have my iPod with me." The looked at me funny. "Anyway Ditzy, Could we come in?"

"Oh! I'm so sorry! Yes, yes please." She moved aside to let us in. I let Fluttershy enter first and followed her. "Make yourselves at home, I'll go get some drinks."

Both Fluttershy and I nodded. Ditzy smiled and left. I turned to Fluttershy. "I didn't know she had a daughter. That was a bit awkward." Just as I finished saying that, Dinky walked in. "Speak of thine devil. Hello little filly, What's your name?"

"D-Dinky."

"Hello Dinky, my name is Zane. It's nice to meet you." I smiled.

"You too mister." She trotted off.

"I was never good with the children...."

"I wouldn't worry about it." Ditzy walked in with the drinks. "She's shy around new ponies, it's not you."

"Well that's good to know. I was getting worried."

She chuckled a little. "It just takes time. You said you were leaving tomorrow? How did you like your visit?"

"It was lovely. I wish I had another day but oh well. I need to get back home sometime, right?" She nodded.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+

We talked for a couple hours after trotted out of the room and I was now heading back to Sweet Apple Acres. I said good bye to Fluttershy when we came to the cross-road. She said she would come to see me off tomorrow. I thanked her and waved and continued walking towards the farm. It was still early enough in the day where I could help with chores, if they need any help that is.

By the time I got back to the farm it was around four. I found Big Mac and asked if he needed help with anything. He said "Nnope" and told me where Applejack was, so I could ask her. I nodded and left to find Applejack. Which wasn't hard because she was in the barn just like Big Mac said. She saw me walking up to the barn.

"Well howdy! Didn't expect you so soon. So how did it go with Fluttershy?"

"Pretty good. We went to Zecora's place and then Ditzy's. I'll admit the rhyming thing Zecora does is strange but she's nice. Ditzy's pretty cool too."

"Do you understand why Twi freaked out on you back in your world?"

"Yeah," I nodded my head rapidly. "Buck that place. It just ain't right."

"You're telling me! So why are you here early?"

"I wanted to see if you needed any help."

She chuckled. "Y'all should really know better then ask that question on a farm."

"Well I don't have anything else going on, so I'm free."

"Alrighty then. Follow me."

She led me to the orchard and told me I had to help her buck the trees.

I just know something is going to hurt by the time we're done.