• Published 5th Sep 2012
  • 1,845 Views, 45 Comments

Strange Happening - Z-A-C



It was just a normal day when something......odd happened

  • ...
4
 45
 1,845

Royalty Visits

"Zane, wake up sugar cube." I responded by rolling over and getting more comfortable. "Nope, none of that. Get outta bed you need to eat and get ready to meet the Princesses."

"Oh yeah." I rolled over onto my back and sat up. "Well the suns up, that's good. What time is it A.J.?"

"Around ten. Twilight stopped by and told me that they'll be here at noon."

"Plenty of time to eat."

"If'n you start now yes, y'all will have plenty of time fer breakfast. And maybe something else, If you catch my drift."

I rubbed my eye and opened them. "I doubt it but we'll see. Still no promises."

"Alrighty then. Well there's food waiting for you on the table in the kitchen."

"What kinda food?" I asked as I stood up and stretched my legs.

"You'll find out. Come you're wasting time." She started to walk out of the room.

"You're just saying that because you want another fuck'." I mumbled under my breath but she heard me anyway, and shushed me. "Well anyway," I scratched the back of my head. "Did Twilight say where I was supposed to meet the Princesses?"

"She said to meet at the Town Hall. It doesn't look like yer going to have enough time to meet Fluttershy by herself though, but she'll be there."

"So you all are going to be there too? Alright, cool."

"Why'd ya think we weren't?"

"No idea."

I entered the kitchen and sat down at the table. It looks like everyone else has already eaten, and are probably doing chores. I looked at the food in front of me and had a WTF moment. "Uh.....Not to sound ungrateful or anything but what is this?"

"Hmm?" She looked at my plate. "Hay bacon and collard greens."

'Goddammit.' "Never had hay bacon before." I took a bite. "Well....not bad."

"Ah tried to make bacon without using any meat. I hope its not to bad."

"No, no its fine but I had a bad experience with collard greens before. Don't worry though, I'll eat it."

"Ya don't have to sugar cube."

"Yeah I do, because I get a wee bit grumpy when I don't have breakfast....or any food after I wake up. You should know."

"Good point. Well sugar cube Ah'm going to go get some chores outta the way come get me when yer done eatin'." She brushed her tail under my chin.

I rolled my eyes, nodded and continued eating.

After a few minutes I was done eating and not feeling to well. I got up and rinsed my plate of and placed it in the sink. I walked into the living room, and got the feeling I was about to vomit. I quickly went outside, where I was greeted by Applebloom.

"Good mornin' Zane! How are- um....nevermind Ah'll get Applejack." I nodded and leaned on the wall to my left.

I tried not to think about, that usually helps. But not in this time. I turned around, placed a hand on the wall and vomited. It was like everything that I ate in the past few days was coming up. I couldn't help but laugh, no reason to but I just did. I'm weird like that. I spit the rest of it out and turned around ans saw Applejack and Applebloom running over.

"Zane! Y'all alright?!" They stopped in front of me. "Applebloom said you were looking a little green, what's wrong?"

"Your fffff-" I looked at Applebloom and stopped the word before it fully passed my lips. "Your cooking. That's what." I said while slightly glaring at Applejack. "Fuckin' hay bacon bullshit." I mumbled so Applebloom wouldn't hear.

"Are ya going to be ok?" Asked Applebloom.

I looked at Applebloom. "I should be fine." I looked back at Applejack. "I'm off to town. Stay here and do your chores."

"Why don't Ah come with you?"

"Because you have chores to do."

"But-"

"CHORES!! GO DO THEM! I'm going to get some food that WONT try to kill me." I stomped off towards the gate. I heard Big Mac try to say something but I waved him off and continued walking.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I just arrived at Sugar-Cube Corner and entered. I heard a voice from the kitchen.

"I'm very sorry dear but we're not opened yet."

"Then why have your damn door unlocked!?"

A blue pony stuck her head out. "Oh your Pinkie's friend! C-come in, come in."

"No, no you made it quite clear that you're not opened yet." I remebered something which only fueled my frustration. "And I just realized I don't have any Equestrian money. Fuck! I just something to eat. AUGH!!" I kicked the door opened and stormed out and headed toward the library.

I knocked on the door and Twilight answered. "Oh, hi Zane. I wasn't expecting to see you until later."

"Yeah next to see you too. Now where's your kitchen?"

"Didn't Applejack make you breakfast?"

"Yeah and then I got sick. So I was wondering if you had anything the wont do the same."

"What did make you that made you sick?"

"Probably the hay bacon but it might have been the collard greens, but I had collard greens before and that's not what happened afterwards." I paused and my stomach growled. "Food please?"

"Oh right, this way." She led my to her kitchen. "Now what do you want to eat?"

"Anything just not eggs or anything with apple in unless it's pie. Please." In the end she just poured me a bowl of oat cereal. I asked for some sugar and levitated some over to me. I thanked her and put some in my bowl. It's not my favorite kind of cereal but I just hope that it doesn't have the same outcome as the first breakfast I had today.

I finished eating, thanked Twilight and left towards the Town Hall. I hoped that Applejack was there so I didn't have to walk all the way back to the farm. She was there talking to Rainbow. 'Good now I don't have to walk back.' I saw Rainbow this way and point, causing Applejack to look over here. She said something to Rainbow and walked over.

"Ya scared Applebloom!"

"Ok 1.) Don't yell at me. 2.) I'm sorry. Pair not being awake for long and puking and it usually looks like that. I know I made an ass out of myself but I'm sorry and I'll apologize to Applebloom later."

"Why not now? She's right over there at helping Big Mac with our apple cart."

"Ok." I walked over to the cart and was met by Big Mac glaring at me. Which was intimating despite him being a couple feet shorter than me. I just backed away a foot or two. He sighed and waved me over, so I cautiously walked over. "Hey Big Mac..." I scratched the beck of my neck. "...You mad at me?"

"Eeyup."

"Thought so. Is Applebloom nearby?"

"Eeyup. Shes hiding over there." He pointed at a stack of barrels.

I rubbed my eyes. "Thanks. I'm sorry for not listening to you earlier."

"Eeyup."

I walked over to where Big Mac pointed. "Hmm...? I wonder where a certain little filly went to?" I looked behind the barrels and saw a cowering Applebloom. 'Shit I scared her that much?' I kneeled down next to her. "Hello there I've been looking for you. What're you hanging out back here for?" She whimpered. 'damn I'm gonna cry if this shit keeps up.' "Listen Applebloom I know I scared you and I'm sorry, it just hasn't been a good day so far." She remained silent and I sighed. "Well just know that I didn't mean it. I hope you forgive me." I got up to walk back over to Applejack when I felt a tug on my pants. I looked down at Applebloom, who had a hold of my pant leg.

"Ya mean it?"

"Yes I do."

She sat on her haunches and held out her two forelegs. It took me a little bit to realize what she wanted and kneeled down and hugged her. "Ah forgive you." She broke the hug and ran to catch up to her big brother. I stood up and walked over to Applejack.

"How'd it go?" She asked.

"We hugged."

She chuckled. "Glad it went alright."

"So am I. What about you?"

"What about me?"

"You forgive me?"

"Why wouldn't Ah? You made right with us, so Ah don't see a reason for me not to."

"That's good. What time is it?"

She looked over at the clock tower. "Eleven-forty."

+=-_+=-_+=-_+=-_+=-_+=-_+

It turned out to be one of those "hurry-up-and-wait" things. It was now twelve-thirty and neither of the Princesses were here yet. I was growing bored. Twilight pointed toward the sky. We all looked where she was pointing and saw a flying chariot. As it got closer I could see a larger looking ponies (or maybe a horses) on the chariot. They landed and I saw that they had both wings and horns. I scratched the back of my head trying to figure out what species of pony these were called. One was a dark blue with a cresant moon cutie mark the took up her whole flank, the other one was white with a sun cutie mark. All of the ponies around bowed and I followed suit, not wanting to anger the royalty in front of me. The white one spoke first.

"You may rise my little ponies." Even though I'm not a pony I risen with the rest of them. she walked over to Twilight, who was standing next to me. "Hello my faithful student. How are you doing today."

"I'm doing great Princess how was your trip?"

"Uneventful. But my sister and I had a nice chat. Would you like to talk to her while I talk to your friend here?" I know she means me. 'I don't like she said that. Maybe I'm just being nervous.

"Of course Princess." She walked over to the blue one.

The white one turned her head towards me. "Hello. I am Princess Celestia, it is very nice to meet you."

"Hello Princess. My name is Zane. It's nice to meet you too." I stuck out my hand but realized she can't shake me hand so I retracted it and bowed instead.

"Twilight Sparkle has told me about you."

"And what did she say?"

"She told me about how you took care of her in her time of need."

"Well don't take this the wrong way Princess, but after she attacked me, I wanted to stick her in the barn. She is lucky I am so nice...... Well she's lucky Applejack convinced me to let stay in the house..."

"Yes, she told me about that as well. She also told me what spell she used. You understand that she thought she was in the Everfree Forest, and that she thought you were attacking her?"

"Yeah she told me."

"I'm glad you two became friends."

"It was easy too once I cooled down, and stop being mad at her. You'd be proud of her Princess, she helped out around my house, same with Applejack."

"So they made a good impression?"

"Yes, my dad wasn't sure at first, but both of my parents warmed up to them nicely."

"That is good news."

Luna (I assumed) walked over to us. "Twilight Sparkle speaks fondly of you."

"Does she?"

"Does this surprise you?"

"Not really. You're Princess Luna right? you control the night?"

"I do, yes."

"And your sister controls the day?"

"That is correct."

"Well Princess Luna, last night was beautiful. And Princess Celestia, today is not far off, If i'm honest." They looked at each other and Celestia whispered something to Luna. "I didn't say anything wrong, did I?"

Celetia chuckled. "No, you didn't. Luna doesn't get complements like that often."

"I see. She should but then again I've always been more of a night person."

"Is that why you didn't complement me the same way?"

'Is that a loaded question?' "I enjoy nice days as well but I'm usually not awake to enjoy them."

"I see. Luna Do you want to speak with him? While I talk with Twilight and her friends?"

"Certainly sister. It is not often I get to speak with a different species that can speak." Celestia nodded and walked off and Luna looked back at me. "What art thou species?"

"I am a human. I come from a planet called Earth. Which seems too be in a different dimension of sorts." I paused in thought. "Or maybe a different universe? Hmm......what seems more likely?"

"Both are not unheard of. Do you mean to tell me that you understand how magic works?"

"Not at all. I know nothing about magic, but it would be interesting to know if i'm in/from a different dimension or universe, wouldn't it?"

"Indeed it would. Did you really like the night?"

"Yep. Especially when there's a full moon out."

"Those are my favorite nights as well! I wish all nights can be like that."

"Why can't they? I mean if you control the night, why not have the moon be full all the time?"

"I do not control the moon's phases. Only the rise and fall."

"I see. To me this is all very interesting, where I'm from everything happens on it's own. Nothing needs to maintain anything, it just kinda happens.

I spent an hour talking to thee Princesses before they had to leave. Luna seemed very interested in how much I liked nights. I think she might even be my friend now I'm not sure. Celestia seemed to find interest in it as well but not as much as Luna. Celestia voiced her concerns about me being here but Twilight and I told her it's being handled. And then we had cake and other baked goods.

It was nice.