• Published 5th Sep 2012
  • 1,845 Views, 45 Comments

Strange Happening - Z-A-C



It was just a normal day when something......odd happened

  • ...
4
 45
 1,845

Twilight: The Curious Pony Part 2

"Zane, wake up." I grumbled "Come on wake up." I felt someone shaking me and grumbled again. I then felt pressure on my mattress like someone was now sitting on it.

I woke up a little. "What?"

"Come on Zane wake up."

I look over at my watch. "Twilight it's seven O'clock in the morning. It is not time for me to wake up. Go back to sleep."

She moved closer and whispered. "I know but I need.....help..."

"Bathroom?"

"Y-yes..."

I sighed. "Fine." I got up, walked into the bathroom and looked around. "What did you need help with 'cause I'm not seeing anything that you need help with." She said nothing and pointed at the toilet. "You clog it or something?" She blushed a bit and nodded. "I thought it was indestructible since it dealt with my brother after he ate a bad taco wow." She blushed even more and I went over and tried flushing to try to loosen everything up and it flushed. I look at Twilight with an 'Are you fucking kidding me" look. "Use the damn handle next time. That's what flushes it, ok?" Now she was really embarrassed and just went back to my room. I followed her, climbed back into my bed and fell back to sleep.

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

I woke up and it was about three in the afternoon. "Fuck." I climbed out of bed went into the bathroom and combed my hair. After that I went down to the kitchen and got something to sate my hunger until dinner time. I noticed that Twilight and Applejack weren't anywhere to be seen so I looked out of one of the front windows facing the barn and saw them walking up from the barn. I went back into the kitchen and sat down at the table to finish my pre-dinner snack (no not mayonnaise) and wait for them two to walk in.

I threw my plate away and was walking into the living room when the front door opened and Applejack and Twilight walked in. Applejack spoke first.

"Hey! He's finally awake! About time." She said playfully. "I was just showing Twi around the woods. Ya know, when it isn't dark and all stormy out."

I sat down and looked at them. "Okay."

"She tried to look at your uh what ever that is by yer bed but Ah figured you'd probably get mad."

"You figured right."

"Since your awake now do you think I could look at it?"

"Sure Twilight. Give me a few minutes so I can wake up more and I take it apart."

"Or I could just use magic."

I rubbed my eyes."No I'm using tools. That's the way to do it not magic."

"Oh....okay." She looked a little disappointed.

"No offence or nothing but yeah I don't really trust your magic. You understand right?"

"I guess..."

I sighed. "You can use your magic to take a look at the parts but not not take it apart, alright?" She brightened up a bit. "And I'll let you use magic to bring it down here. If you want to that is."

"Sure no problem!" She practically ran up the stairs.

I looked at Applejack. "Strange friend you got there."

She smiled awkwardly. "Yeah....she gets like this when there's something she hasn't already studied."

"I see so she might be like that until you guys leave then. That is, if you do or can."

"That's definitely a possibility." She nodded her head.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

My rifle was now on the table and I was taking it apart. I firstly took the bolt out and set it on the table and then I separated the stock from the barrel. And that's pretty much it because I didn't want to take the bolt apart. "Okay done."

"That's it?"

"Yep now it's apart. Only three pieces to keep track of. Well minus the screws anyway."

"I see." She levitated the stock over to her. "This is obviously the part of the rifle that the user holds." She put it back down on the table and levitated the barrel over. "And this is where the bullets are projected from but what is that?"

"That's the magazine. It holds the rounds until they're put into the chamber."

"And the chamber must be above the magazine then. But how do they get into the chamber?"

"The bolt." I slid the bolt back into place. "Now imagine that there's a round in the magazine but nothing in the chamber, okay?" She nodded. "Alright. I pull the bolt back and if there was a spent round in the chamber it would be ejected and then I slide to bolt forward it puts the next round into the ready position." I explained and demonstrate.

"Interesting and pretty simple."

"Yeah nothing like good old Russian engineering huh?"

"Russian?"

"People from the country Russia are called Russians."

"You have other countries?"

"Doesn't your world."

"Yes but only four. There's our country, Equestria, then there's the Griffon Kingdom, the Dragon kingdom and then the Zebra Dominion. Now tell me about the countries of your world."

I looked at Applejack. She was just shaking her head like there was nothing she could do. "Well um....there's a lot and most of them have speak their own language."

"That's all you can tell me?"

"Yeah sorry. Not much I can tell you about someplace I've never been to."

"That makes sense." She picked up the bolt and started examining it but not asking questions.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

"So What do humans eat?"

It was close to dinner and I was getting hungry and the mention of food only made it worse. "We're omnivores. Well some of us. There are those who eat nothing but vegetables and there are those both meant and veggies."

"D-Did you say meat??"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes I said meat. Problem?"

"No, no problem." She started looking around nervously. "You haven't uh...been making A.J. eat meant have you?"

"No I haven't for the time she's been here my mom has been making food that she can eat. I meant it's kinda common sense that meat isn't good for her."

"Good, that's good. You had me worried for a second there."

I shook my head. "Don't know why, but okay."

About ten minutes went by and my mom got home from the grocery store and picking my sister up from school. I was helping put stuff away. "I was wondering where you were."

"Well was about three when I left."

"Yeah around the right time huh?"

"Yep. So how are you two doing today?" She addressed the ponies.

"Doing fine ma'am, Thank ya."

"Just great thank you." She said with a smile. "Zane has been teaching me about some of the things around here."

"Been trying to teach." I corrected.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" My mom asked.

"Well last night, he told me a little bit how game consoles work and he taught me a little bit about his rifle. And earlier we took it apart and he explained everything in detail!"

"I see. I wish he was more like you when he was younger." My mom teased.

"What do you mean?"

"Eager to learn about new things."

"Oh I see."

"How about you Applejack? What did you do?"

"Well Ah showed Twilight here around the place. The woods sure are pretty when it's not rainin' and dark."

"Sounds like you two had a pretty good day to me."

"Eeyup."

" Certainly did."

"Same here so far." I said coming back in from the garage.

"And when did you get up?" My mom asked

"About three."

"I see."

"Hey I said 'good day' not 'long day'."

"I guess you're right."

I wonder what's for dinner I'm hungry.