• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 5,209 Views, 165 Comments

Death Becomes Her - Total Eclipse



The villainous human Kokusho breaks out of Tartarus and seeks to take his rightful place as ruler of the World.

  • ...
26
 165
 5,209

Author's - This is the End...

Of Arc 1 of Death Becomes Her. Twilight has been through some shit and the big bads have been revealed. Now I realize that I messed up a few things, I'm going to go back and fix them either with small edits or a supplemental chapter. And probably short- shorts on my blogs (so watch look for those! They maybe important!) Also a lot of terms and names were probably dropped from the beginning so expect those to start getting attention. I'll be making a list of this stuff and tackling it individually.

I'm building this up as a decent sized story universe. Something anyone with a little will and imagination can explore and have fun with. I might make a group, I might not.

Tell me where you think the story will go from here, where you'd like to see it go from here, and if you have any ideas you'd like to see implemented in the story.

Also, read this story: Shadows and Lies

It's a piece from a good friend of mine. We are also working on a collab story, well two actually. Lookout for news on those! I'm going to start either a that MTG crossover or a new story idea based on economics soon.

This does not mean I'm rewriting the story or trying to adjust for new canon. All this is is a notice for you readers telling you that the first part of the journey is over and my thoughts and a few plans.

Comments ( 17 )

Twilight takes up a mantle that no pony should ever be forced to bear. The GhostRider. My version

Twilight takes up a mantle that no pony should ever be forced to bear. Yours

I don't plan on reading this doesn't really appeal to me but I had to do this.

dude i was about to start reading this but all this notes at the end about the story changing... it makes no sense, u need to have in mind what the story is about before writing it. Plus the delay in updates is so much that the cannon changed. now u must write all again fast or wait till the season ends... :facehoof:

3599275

You misunderstand. The story is changing as in a shift from Arc 1 to Arc 2. The arcs are each meant to be self contained parts pertaining to a theme in the story.

So the "change" is a tonal shift. Not me reworking anything.

The stuff I feel I messed up don't take away from the story, but I think it can be written better so I will go fix it. It's not uncommon for writers to adjust their work.

Also I the shows canon doesn't really have an affect on my story. It's already alt universe and there's already a major deviation in there. So anything new is just material for me to either play with or ignore completely.

Bum

Just started reading, I want to press like, but it is at a mgical number :trollestia: Oh well, it is at 170 now.

Bum

I have been reading through this and I kinda want the "Bad Guy's" to win, I feel that some of them have a good reason to be pissed. Anyway, I hope you update soon.

3629002

I am a slow updater, but that's because of how meticulous I am when it comes to writing certain things. If it doesn't feel right I'll scrap a 10k word chapter and if I can't find the inspiration to write I won't force it. But, I've started the next chapter already +an extra chapter as well.

Now is the time i'm really ordering all the material for the story and evaluating it in depth to make sure everything is how I want it.

I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the story up to this point. Could you tell me which characters you feel have good reasons to be pissed? The feedback would help immensely.

In a PM of course.

3974801
I may have been thinking of a different author... In any case, might as well check it out later... At school atm so I can't now.

So unfortunate this didn't follow in the footsteps of the movie of the same name.

static.cinebel.be/img/movie/poster/full/1008033_nl_death_becomes_her_1310563226732.jpg

Bruce Willis in what I believe is his only non-action, non-drama, pure comedic role which he pulled of wonderfully, demonstrating his true talent as a versatile actor.

As I said in an earlier chapter, I'd like to see the Mane Six staying with Twilight to be her emotional support network. This makes sense as far as guarding a defense that I'm frankly shocked hasn't been deployed yet... but I suspect you will have an explanation for that part. The fact that Celestia didn't bring at least Rarity and maybe AJ and Fluttershy (they would be the hardest to protect if Ponyville was attacked, since they live outside the urban area).

4159490

You other comment didn't really imply the mane six staying with her. But I get what you mean.

When I said Ponyville was cloaked in cloud cover, I meant all of it.

And yes, you'll see why the obvious defense hasn't been deployed.

I meant that any strategy that kept Twilight separated from her support network in this very trying circumstance seemed utterly bonkers.

4162272

Like I said before, this story will never die. I'm going to finish it and write more stories in this universe.

4161571

Yeah, she's in this thing.

With Pinkie having phenomenal cosmic power, I'm curious what'll happen when she meets an old friend from long before her reincarnations. I can't wait for that meeting and something tells me it'll occur during the masquerader. :) I'm also curious if the elements will even work since she may be aware of who he is.

On a different note, Celestia and Luna are depending on Twilight who has one very big weakness. She is moving based on loyalty and belief in the infallibility of Celestia. If she is shown that Celestia is wrong, she may just switch sides. I kind of hope Kokusho wins because Celestia and Luna are kind of jerks.

4261951

First of all, thank you for the favorite. Second of all, you're right about Twilight. She probably could be persuaded, but I probably wouldn't help someone with a history of killing me. Even if I agreed with them.

I try to present every character in a nonbias manner so that the reader can form their own opinions. What made you believe that Luna and Celestia were jerks? It'll help me later.

4265082
I have a starting bias against Celestia due to her highly manipulative nature within the show. Add to that the actions of saying "we shall control the world" superiority problem (they deny the water spirits because it causes harm to them, ignoring the good it does elsewhere). Luna is more by association and neither being a voice of reason or taking and real actions to prevent what ultimately comes out as a tragedy for some of the spirits (ignoring the jerk Ifrit).

4265156

I see. I think you will enjoy future developments in the story. Again, I hope you stay interested and continue to give feed back.

Login or register to comment