• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 1,795 Views, 11 Comments

Fluttershy's Suit - JesterOfDestiny



One day Fluttershy decides to wear a fancy suit, for no particular reason.

  • ...
0
 11
 1,795

Chapter 4 - Tea with Discord

The Tuesday tea party was finally ready. Discord’s cake was there, the tea set has been found, the animals got out of the way of Discord’s shenanigans, the chairs have been moved, Fluttershy was wearing her suit. Everything was going the way it’s supposed to... Well, except for the suit, but you know that already.

A train could be heard outside the door. “Next stop, Fluttershy’s cottage.” Said the announcer.

“That must be Discord!” Said Fluttershy and opened the door.

Discord has just got off. The train then zoomed off into the sky and exited the atmosphere in mere seconds. And that’s when Discord realized what Fluttershy was wearing.

“Oh, you didn’t say it was that kind of tea party.” And with a snap of his fingers, he was wearing his flashy suit.

“Oh this? This is just an experiment.” Fluttershy responded.

“I love experiments,” said Discord, “why don’t we go inside while you tell me more about this experiment of yours.” Then, in a flash of light, they were both sitting in their chairs, next to the table, holding the teacups filled with tea.

Fluttershy got out of the daze of sudden teleportation, then explained her experiment. “Well, I was just a bit bored of how I usually go. So I decided to wear this suit. I didn’t even knew I had it.”

“How delightfully random!” Discord exclaimed.

“Well? Do you like it?”

“Of course I do! It suits you nicely.”

“Don’t you think it clashes with my style?”

“It does, that’s why I like it.”

“But I mean...” Fluttershy tried to get a more useful answer out of Discord. “It’s not really my style, is it?”

“What even is your style really?” Discord asked then gulped down the contents of his teacup.

“I’m not sure. Honestly I didn’t even know I had a style, until somepony told me the suit doesn’t go with it. I never really put much effort into how I look.”

“Not much effort, you say?” Said Discord as he poured more tea into his cup. “And with that little effort, you managed to become a supermodel that one time. Remember that?”

“Yes, and I didn’t like it.”

Discord drank all his tea again. “I tell you what your style is.” He began and poured more tea for himself. “Your style is the filly next door. You know you are pretty and you put in a little bit of work to be pretty. But not a lot of work, because you really only do it for yourself. To feel pretty.” Then he drank all of his tea again.

It didn’t even register to Fluttershy, that Discord has been pouring himself the fourth round by then, while she didn’t even finish her first one yet. “Hmm, that seems accurate to me. I didn’t know you had so much knowledge about ponies.”

“It’s simple observation, my dear.” And then he downed his fourth round too.

Fluttershy has just realized, that Discord didn’t really give her an answer. “So, does this suit fit a filly next door?”

“Oh, that’s not really what I was getting at.” Discord explained, as he went for the fifth round. “It isn’t about how you look, when it comes to you, Fluttershy. It’s about how you feel.” He drank his fifth round too. “Now tell me, how did you feel trying out this new style?”

Fluttershy though for a moment, while Discord poured himself another round. “It made me a bit nervous.”

“Nervous?”

“As in nervous about the all the attention I’d be drawing to myself.”

“No that’s not what I mean.” Discord’s tea was gone by the time he finished that sentence. “I don’t mean in relation to other ponies, I mean, how did the suit itself make you feel?” And then he poured some more tea.

“Well... it is a very nicely made suit, so it’s quite comfortable... It makes me feel elegant. I like looking at my reflection, because it makes me feel quite good.”

“Exactly!” Discord has consumed who knows how much tea at that point and he was still pouring more. “So why are you asking me about it?”

“Well, the others gave me such mixed answers. Rarity liked it though.”

“That’s not what I mean again. You feel good looking, don’t you?”

“I do!”

“So are you expecting other ponies to confirm your opinion, that you look good?”

Flutterhsy pondered that question, while Discord kept consuming even more tea. “I... don’t really know.”

“Let me ask the question differently then. Why are you asking for other opinions, when all that ever mattered to you is whether or not you’re comfortable in your own skin?”

Fluttershy thought really hard about that question.

“You didn’t ask ponies’ opinions about your usual non-attire before.”

“No, I didn’t...”

“Because you knew you were pretty and you felt good in your skin.”

“I guess, so.”

“The only thing that changed here is the attention you’ve got. You still are pretty and you still feel pretty, don’t you?”

“I do.”

“Well then, there’s your answer!” He drank the almost hundredth round of tea, then changed his head to resemble Fluttershy’s. “Should I wear it more often?” He then changed his face back to normal. “If it makes you feel good, then absolutely you should!”

Fluttershy finally realized what Discord was getting at. “You know what? I wholeheartedly agree. What really matters is whether or not I feel good and I do feel good. This suit isn’t my style, but it’s a style that I love! Wow, you can be really encouraging, Discord.”

“I’m glad to hear that, you will not regret feeling good in your own skin.” He tried to pour some more tea, but then he realized there was no more tea to be poured. ”Oh dear, did I drink all of that?”

“Yeah, you really went to town on that tea.”

“I couldn’t help it, it tasted so amazing.”

“And you didn’t even get to see your cake yet.”

“There’s cake?”

“Yep. Happy reformation anniversary, Discord!”

“Oh, has it really been that long. I was having so much fun I lost count of time.”

And they both had a very pleasant tea party, filled with good laughs. Discord told his funny stories and Fluttershy giggled adorably about them. The cake was delicious, the tea was delicious, the cottage looked like a tornado went through it and Fluttershy felt extra good in her fancy suit.

It was time to finish the party though. Discord tidied up the chaos he made, made sure to place the tea set back to its proper trace, then left to catch his taxi back home. Fluttershy waved at the taxi departing with ludicrous speeds. Yep, that was a good day. Then suddenly, a big splash of water fell on her, soaking her now beloved suit. A familiar cackle could be heard.

“See, I did wait until you finished your tea with Discord.” It was Rainbow Dash of course, who just couldn’t pass on this opportunity. “Love your suit by the way! It’s grown on me.”

Fluttershy pulled her wet mane away, to reveal her exasperated scowl. That prank did not make her feel good.

Comments ( 6 )

“See, I did wait until you finished your tea with Discord.” It was Rainbow Dash of course, who just couldn’t pass on this opportunity. “Love your suit by the way! It’s grown on me.”

Lel. :rainbowlaugh:

How is this still getting so many views?

8601129
And the next day, Rainbow Dash finds herself being greeted by an overly affectionate big dog. :yay:

But yeah, this was an excellent story.

9076626

I'm surprised that this is still getting views.

9076810
Of course it is, it is a wildly interesting premise.

Very in character for everyone. Not to mention it's such a fun story. Really amazing job. I liked it.

Login or register to comment