• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 1,795 Views, 11 Comments

Fluttershy's Suit - JesterOfDestiny



One day Fluttershy decides to wear a fancy suit, for no particular reason.

  • ...
0
 11
 1,795

Chapter 1 - Suiting up, meeting Rainbow Dash

It was early morning, Celestia’s sun shone warmly through the windows of Fluttershy’s cottage. A tea party was in the making, the regular Tuesday tea between Discord and Fluttershy. As usual, Fluttershy herself was already awake by this point. After getting her morning chores done, she was going out to prepare for the tea party, accompanied by Angel bunny.

“Now let’s see what am I going to need?” Fluttershy asked Angel. “Some food,” she began listing, “the cake from Pinkie Pie. This is the anniversary of Discord’s reformation, you can’t have an anniversary without cake... What else do I need?” Angel raised her ears at Fluttershy’s question, then hopped away to retrieve a single teacup. “Oh right,” she said after looking at the singular teacup, “I’m gonna need a new tea set, after I misplaced the last one... How do you even misplace an entire tea set?” Angel just shrugged at the question. Fluttershy thought for a moment. “I think that’s everything... okay let’s go then.”

Angel hopped over to the door and opened it. But after noticing that Fluttershy was not behind him, he turned back. He looked at her with a puzzled expression, as she was trying on several hats in front of a mirror. Angel hopped over to her and with a single look he questioned Fluttershy’s sudden fashion awareness.

“Oh, I don’t know Angel,” she said, “I just go for the same look every day. Not that there’s anything wrong with being naked all the time, I’ve just kind of got bored of it.” She tried on a fourth hat by the time she finished that sentence. She looked at the hat displeased. A hat was not enough for her, she had to take a look in her wardrobe. There were many clothes in there. But somehow, Fluttershy just wasn’t satisfied with her choices.

“This is too formal, this gets dirty too easily, too warm, I don’t even like this one anymore.” She got deeper and deeper into the ocean of clothes, uncovering ones she only wore a single time, then forgotten about. At this point, it was worth doing just for the sheer thrill of discovery. Then, she found something interesting.

“What is this?” She asked herself in surprise. She took out the enigmatic outfit, to better see it. It was a pink dress shirt, a white necktie and a black elegant jacket, complete with a pair of trousers. It was a full suit, seemingly designed for her.

“I don’t even remember having this.” She held it up in front of her and looked at it in the mirror. “Oh wait, I think I remember Rarity making it for me. I don’t remember for what occasion though. I don’t think I ever wore it.” She took a good look in the mirror again and had an idea. “This is completely new for me, what if I wore it today?” Angel just responded with a blank stare.

And so she got to dressing. She buttoned it neatly, tied her necktie all proper, she then took another look in the mirror. “Nice!” She complimented herself. “This fits me perfectly and is quite comfortable.” She turned to Angel. “How do I look?”

Angel just responded with a slow disinterested clap.

Fluttershy took her time in front of the mirror. “I’m a bit nervous though, changing my style so drastically. I am not Rarity, I don’t think I can pull that off.”

Angel just stared at her with an even more disinterested look, but Fluttershy just kept posing. “But I do feel good wearing it.”

Angel sighed with impatience.

“You know what?” Finally, Fluttershy made up her mind. “I feel good, I look good, we all need a day like this every once in a while. Let’s go!”

Angel was relieved. They were supposed to be out minutes ago. The day will probably be about her suit anyway. Thankfully, he’s there to remind her, what they need. Just let her have this.

So they were outside, on their way to Ponyville. Fluttershy was still adjusting to her new look, getting used to it. She was thinking about how her friends will react to it and a bit nervous about the upcoming attention. Angel was just hopping alongside her, he was focused on getting to Sugarcube Corner.

Rainbow Dash was napping on a nearby cloud. Fluttershy greeted her with a good morning. Rainbow glanced at her and greeted her back. Then she had to take a second look, when she realized Fluttershy was wearing something unusual. She wasn’t sure if she was seeing it right. Fluttershy in a suit? Not something you expect to see. She got curious, she had to ask something. She lowered her cloud to get into talking distance to her.

“What are you wearing Fluttershy?” She asked.

“Oh, I’ve found this suit deep in my wardrobe. Do you like it?” Fluttershy responded.

Rainbow’s puzzlement did not cease. “I don’t know.” She attempted an answer. “I didn’t expect to see you of all ponies, to casually trot around in a fancy suit.”

“I know, I just thought I’d try out a new style.”

“Well, I have an idea for a new style you could try. How about-” Rainbow then kicked her cloud over Fluttershy. “-soaked style!”

Fluttershy covered herself from the incoming rain. But thankfully, it was just a regular cloud and it poofed apart above her.

Rainbow just laughed. “Just kidding, but you gotta admit, it’s a way too good opportunity for prank.”

“Well, at least you could wait for me to finish my tea with Discord.”

“No worries, as much as it pains me to do so, I will pass on this opportunity.”

“Thank you!”

“Well, see you later!” Rainbow flew away, leaving a colourful line behind her. But a moment later, she was flying back carrying a raincloud. “Just kidding!” She shouted as she squeezed the cloud and released a shower of rain. Thankfully, she didn’t commit to the prank and pulled the rain away in the last moment, leaving Fluttershy and her suit dry. Rainbow flopped down onto the cloud and burst into laughter.

Both Fluttershy and Angel, just glared at her. Clearly they didn’t find it as amusing as she did. She got up and looked at the two scowls directed at her. She slowly stopped laughing.

“Just kidding, I won’t sabotage your fashion experiment! Honestly, it’s growing on me. Anyway gotta go!” And she was on her way into the distance.

Fluttershy just rolled her eyes. She’s not a fan of pranks. With that out the way, they carried on with their task. Their task of getting cake from Pinkie Pie.