• Published 8th Dec 2017
  • 1,795 Views, 11 Comments

Fluttershy's Suit - JesterOfDestiny



One day Fluttershy decides to wear a fancy suit, for no particular reason.

  • ...
0
 11
 1,795

Chapter 3 - Meeting Rarity and Twilight

The doorbell rang, as Fluttershy walked into the boutique. She was a bit nervous. Not that she expected anything bad to come out of it, it’s not like Rarity would be against her wearing a suit, she made it after all. But still, she was nervous.

“I’ll be there in a moment!” Rarity shouted from another room, stretching out the time for Fluttershy.

“Hello Rarity, it’s me!” Fluttershy shouted back, in the quietest possible way anypony could shout.

“Oh Fluttershy, what a pleasure to have you here! I’ll get to you in a moment!” And as she said, she was there after a couple moments. “I’m sorry for the wait, I just had to-“ And that’s when she saw what Fluttershy was wearing.

Fluttershy got flustered immediately. “I just... I just thought... I’d try something new.” She stuttered.

After the first shock, Rarity’s face beamed up with excitement. “Why Fluttershy, you look amazing!”

Fluttershy blushed. “Thanks.” She said quietly.

“I’ve never thought you’d look so wonderful in a suit!”

“I don’t know, doesn’t seem like my style.” Fluttershy echoed Spike’s and Applejack’s opinion.

“True, it’s not like what you usually have. But this style fits you brilliantly!”

“You really think so?”

“Absolutely! You should wear a suit more often. Say, where did you get it?”

“You made it for me.”

“I made it?” Rarity paused to examine the stitches in the suit. “But, of course, it’s got my trademark perfection all over it. Although, I don’t remember making it.”

“That would have been my second question. I don’t remember what the occasion was.”

“Strange, I should be remembering something like this. In any case, I’m glad you brought it up. You look absolutely stunning! Promise me you’ll wear it more often.”

“I’ll try to find the right occasion.”

Rarity took another look at Fluttershy and her suit. “I’ve got to get back to work, if you don’t mind. I hope to see you more often like this.”

“Don’t worry. After hearing your opinion, I’ll make sure you do.”

Rarity took one final look at the suit she made and the mare wearing it. But she still had to get back to work. “Alright, the dresses aren’t going to sew themselves. It was lovely to see you!”

“It was lovely to see you too.”

And so they too parted ways. It was time for Fluttershy, to get her tea set from Twilight. She got her confidence boost from Rarity, there was no way for the day to get bad after that.

She knocked on the doors of Twilight’s castle, then opened it. “Hello!” She shouted, her voice echoing through the empty crystalline walls.

“Hi, Fluttershy!” Twilight finally showed up. “Looking good! Starlight and Spike told me you were coming for a tea set.”

“Indeed.”

“It’s right here, come on in!”

They went inside. The tea set was indeed right there on the table, ready for Fluttershy to take it with her.

“We just found it laying around the kitchen. I don’t remember having it.”

Fluttershy was quite surprised when she finally saw the tea set. “This is my tea set. It’s the one I misplaced.”

“It is? What’s it doing in my castle?”

“Discord might have made it disappear at some point.”

“Oh. That does sound like a very Discord thing to do.”

“Well, thanks for finding it.” She put it on her back and held it up with her wing. It rattled a little as she walked, but the whole set remained steady.

“Just one question Fluttershy.” Twilight stopped her.

“Sure, what is it?”

Twilight hesitated for a moment. She seemed a little embarrassed about the question. “How does it feel?”

“How does what feel?”

“Wearing a suit, that is.”

Fluttershy paused to think of her answer. “It feels great. I feel so elegant. And it’s quite comfortable too.”

“Because, I was thinking of getting one myself.”

“Oh, you should definitely get one. I bet it would fit you much better than me.”

“It fits you well too. Even if it’s not your style.”

“I think it would fit your style perfectly.”

“Okay good. I thought it would be a bit too, masculine for me.”

“It is masculine, but there’s nothing wrong with being masculine, right?”

“You know what? You’re right! I should ask Rarity to make one for me.”

“You most definitely should!”