• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,872 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,872

Chapter 28

Author’s Note: I am ecstatic about the way this story has turned out, and that’s why it pains me to finally end it. Last chapter. I felt I have played it out as much as possible. Please enjoy.

Perspective: Big Macintosh

Life is like an apple. The surface is hard and shiny, not giving depth but instead giving something to judge. They see a pony for their accomplishments or downfalls, not for what’s inside. The inside is soft and warm and juicy and delicious. It is family, friends, and love. Not work and money and awards. The apple may be misleading at first, but those who dare bite in are rewarded with the flavor. Fluttershy was Big Macintosh’s apple. And he was hers.

The hospital lights burned his eyes with their intensity causing him to squint. He was deaf. Deaf in pleasure. Deaf in fear. Deaf in excitement. The single bed had a single occupant. The single doctor had a single patient. But all too soon he would have two. He was sure she was making noise. Screaming most likely. He couldn’t hear it. He was deaf. But he held her hoof no matter. Because that’s what he was there for. Right now he had to be the hard apple, giving support. But he also had to be bruised with patience and sympathy.

She kept a tight grip on his large hoof. How she managed to wrap her tiny pastern around it, he would never know. She was almost tearing out his feathers, but he didn’t mind. She had to do what she had to do.

The neatly made bed did not last for long as she squirmed in agony. Her blushing pink mane was tied up in a messy bun that Rarity would have a heart attack at. Her face was pale and sickly looking but still maintained slight color in her perfectly rosy cheeks. Her cot was matted and was sweaty all over. She had never looked so beautiful.

*******************************

“Macintosh?”

“Yeah, sugarcube?”

“I don’t feel so good.”

“Alright, lets just say goodbye to your friends and we can go.”

“No. I don’t feel good at all. We need to go.”

“Don’t you wanna say bye?”

“I-I can’t-“ her voice faltered and she swayed uneasily. Her legs buckled and she stood still for a moment, before falling to the floor. Luckily Rainbow Dash was quick enough to catch her. Who knows what could have happened.

“Whats wrong with her?” yelled out Rainbow Dash, pulling up her new Wonderbolt goggles with her cutie mark insignia to look her friends in the eye. Twilight Sparkle galloped over from the other side of the foal shower. Big Mac brushed the hair out of her face. Twilight felt a hoof to the mare’s forehead.

“No fever,” said Twilight. “Low blood sugar maybe.”

“That’s not the only thing…” chirped Pinkie Pie.

“Dearie, what do you mean?” said Rarity.

“Look!” yipped Pinkie Pie, pointing to the falle mare’s back legs. A puddle of water had formed.

Twilight’s brain made the connection quicker than anypony. “She’s in labor! We have to get her to Ponyville Hospital!”

Big Macintosh scooped the mare up in his hooves and swung her onto his back. He started out the door before Twilight teleported in front of him. Momentarily terrified from the appearing of the pony, Mac stumbled backwards. Twilight walked after him. “I know you want to be there for her, Macintosh. But she needs delicate transportation.”

“If that’s fancy talk for unicorn magic, I ain’t doin’ it,” he gruffed.

She put on a sympathetic face and lit up her horn. “It’s the best way.” Mac’s eyes darted nervously as he thought of another way. Looking form scared mare to the next, he hung his head in defeat. Taking that as a yes, Twilight levitated the mare off his back and into her power. “Rarity You’re very precise and detailed. Hink you can help me get her there safely?”

“In my sleep. Anything to help a friend,” said Rarity. Her horn lit up as well, and the combined power of the unicorns created a dark purple aura around the unconscious mare. Slowly, they balked out of Sugarcube Corner and to the hospital.

Step by step, taking the greatest caution possible, the two unicorns and procession of worried friends and family paraded through Mane Street.

Applejack fiddled with her hat. “Lawd, I hope she’s gonna’ be okay,”

Pinkie Pie tugged at her Party Cannon that currently had a wheel stuck in some muck. “Of course she’s gonna be okay silly filly! And I’m going to have a new playmate! Pumpkin and Pound Cake have their new friends from school, so I don’t get to play with them as much,” said Pinkie Pie with a pout. Her face lighting up yet again, she continued with a large smile. “But now I’m going to have anew playmate! And an Earth Pony too! Now I don’t have to deal with chasing it on the ceiling or hiding from it’s magic bursts!”

“Um, sure…” said Applejack with a disbelieving roll of her eyes.

“Yup. They’re trouble makers. But Auntie Pinkie’s got it all under control,” said Pinkie, patting Applejack’s head.

“I’m like two years older than you,” gruffed Applejack, flattening her ruffled hair.

Big Mac paid no attention to the somewhat pointless conversation his sister and her friend were engaged in. He never understood how Applejack ended up being friends with those five mares; they were all so different. Pinkie Pie was the crazy sort she usually made fun of. Rarity was the stuck up snot she also made fun of. Rainbow Dash was just like her, and two Applejacks were crazy. Twilight Sparkle was an egghead, and Applejack never getting a full education didn’t like to associate with smarter ponies. And lastly Fluttershy. Sweet kind Fluttershy. HIS sweet, kind Fluttershy. Applejack liked fun, outgoing ponies. Fluttershy was more like Big Mac, a pony who would like to stay home and rest. She wasn’t much for parties. But she had a sense of humor and she was beautiful and kind and wonderful. Big Macintosh smiled just thinking about his wife and soon to be foal.

The front doors of the Hospital beep booped as they opened automatically for the march of ponies.

Two earth pony nurses rushed up to Twilight and Rarity. “She’s unconscious. And in labor,” huffed Twilight in a nervous breath. Twilight and Rarity lowered their friend into a waiting wheel chair. The two Earth pony nurses settled Fluttershy in the chair with great care.

They wheeled her though a set of white double doors that led out of the waiting room. Twilight, Big Macintosh and the girls followed, only to be stopped by a large hoof. A brown Pegasus was blocking their path. “That’s our friend!” said Twilight, trying to peer through the windows blocked by his body.

“Would you be a dear and move aside so we may go with her?” charmed Rarity.

“Pretty please?” added Pinkie.

“Family members only,” he said in a gruff voice.

“Husband,” said Big Mac’s voice. The Pegasus looked him over quickly, and then stepped inside.

“We’re just as much as family!” yelled Rainbow Dash’s voice.

“Hey! You’re a Wonderbolt! Man, I’ve been trying to get in for like, ever!” squealed the guard.

Taken by surprise, Rainbow remembered she was wearing her uniform. She flashed her wings. “Yeah, you got to be pretty good to get in…”

The double doors swung close as Mac made his way down the hall. Numerous doors lined the empty walkway. Through each one he peered through the tiny window. The first was an operating room, thankfully empty. His eyes weren’t so lucky with the second one. And in the third room lay his beautiful wife, large stomach pulsating up and down. He opened the door and stepped in as quietly as he could for a pony his size.

She was hooked up to some machine that beeped loudly. With a loud bang the door closed and sealed sending her eyes flittering open. “Macintosh…” she said weakly.

“Ah’m here sugarcube,” he said as he made his way over to the bed. He stroked her hoof gently, and she smiled. Suddenly she clenched forward with a shriek, gripping Mac’s hoof tightly. She breathed in small breaths, and the same two ponies from before rushed in.

“Its time,” said one to the Mac as the other inspected Fluttershy. Mac was handed a sterile suit to wear, and he gladly put it on.

Something was coming. It rattled in the hallway. The tools shook. Screams were heard, and their door burst open. A cloud of dust maskd the intruder. They were very loud, but not speaking. An unheard of amount of squaks and calls and meows and barks. A parade of animals filed in. Everything from ducks to squirrels. Macintosh could not believe his eyes at the sight. If Rarity couldn’t get by the guard, how did a herd of critters? Having had enough of these animals on the farm and not needing them to interrupt the special moment, he did what he always did. “Get out! Get out ya varmets!” yelled Mac, shooing most of the animals quickly out. And alone in front of him sat a familiar white bunny rabbit. An evil rabbit that liked to bite. But Fluttershy’s prized rabbit nonetheless. It wore huge puppy dog eyes that melted Mac’s heart a little. “Fine, you can stay.” A few eager animal heads appeared in the doorway. Mac looked up and snorted while baring his teeth. “And only him.” The other animals sulked away.

The dctors looked positively stunned, but Fluttershy’s smiling face at the sight of the rabbit made them decide to let it stay. They started what had to be done…

**********************************************

She cried. She cried and cried and cried. It wouldn’t stop. Big Macintosh tried to comfort her, but he couldn’t. She just wailed and screamed and cried. She wouldn’t stop. His attempts failed, and he felt like crying with her. He hated seeing her sad. But Fluttershy smiled at her new foal. A beautiful earth pony filly. Her pink coat shined with the bright of Celestia’s sun, but also contained a dark tint of Luna’s night. A bit darker than Pinkie Pie’s, thank Celestia. Her sandy blonde mane fell over half her face, just as Fluttershy’s did, covering one eye and giving Fluttershy something to constantly do by brushing it out of her face.
Fluttershy was wheeled out of the room with Mac by her side and a foal in her arms. When the double doors opened into the waiting room, they were swarmed by their worried friends.

“Awwwwwww. She’s so cute!!!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie at the new filly. “And I love her color,” she giggled, looking at her own fur. Her own joke set Pinkie Pie rolling on the floor laughing to herself until she came down with a case of the hiccups.

“Pinkie Pie, you are so random,” said Dash wish a roll of her eyes.

“Her mane is darling,” said Rarity, petting the foal’s head. The foal’s mane was particularly long for a newborn, but Fluttershy’s had been long as well. She was tiny, but the doctor’s said she would be taller than Fluttershy when she was grown.

“She has her father’s eyes,” said Applejack with a genuine smile as she looked into the green eyes of her brother’s daughter.

Twilight’s horn lit up, and a stack of books floated over to the couple. “I took the liberty of getting you some foal raising books,” she said with a big grin.

“Thank you Twilight. Thank you all so much!” said Fluttershy as she looked at her wonderful friends.

“Man, I wish she was a Pegasus so I could teach her to fly,” grumped Rainbow Dash. Applejack pulled her tail with a chuckle.

“You’ll have your own kids to teach, Rainbow.”

“No way. I’m not letting no kids tie me down,” she said crossing her arms. She opened one eye and peered at the adorable foal in Fluttershy’s forelegs. Not being able to resist, she flew over and kissed it’s head. “Well, maybe one day.” That sent everypony into a fit of giggles.

The doors to the hospital burst open, and Spike came in carrying a huge cake. It read congratulations, and was at least five feet high. Seeing her little assistant struggling greatly, Twilight lifted it up and distributed plates and pieces. Another burst sounded, sending every pony’s hooves to their ears. Pinkie’s party cannon had decorated the room with baby party things like blue streamers, blue cupcakes, and blue piñatas, and a sign that said ‘It’s a boy!’

“Woops!” giggled Pinkie form behind her party machine. She pressed the large red button and another blast sounded. This time, the decorations were all the same, but pink. Pink and pink and pink. If they dropped their daughter they would lose her in all the pink. Everypony was very happy, but Fluttershy knew Pinkie Pie was suppressing the urge to make Vinyl Scratch materialize out of nowhere so she could start jamming. No music sounded, for fear it would make the foal cry, but it was a nice gesture by the pink party pony nonetheless. The ponies ate their cake with huge smiles in happiness for their friend.

“Hmm. I’ve used my party cannon so much lately. Its getting old. I know! A party bomb!”

“No!” screamed everypony in terror.

Fluttershy decided to talk. “Rainbow, how do you like being a Wonderbolt?” she asked.

Rainbow almost chocked on her cake. “I love it!!! Its amazing. I can’t believe its actually happening. I can’t believe my dreams have finally come true. They said I can start performing in two months. Two months! Im so excited! And its all thanks to you. Thank you Fluttershy. Thank you thank you thank you!” she squealed, doing small loops below the ceiling.

Fluttershy blushed. “It wasn’t me. It was Spitfire.”

“But if you didn’t know Spitfire she wouldn’t have met me and found out how awesome I am!” she laughed. Fluttershy was so happy to see her friend happy, ad Big Macintosh was happy to see Fluttershy happy. He could honestly care less about the Rainbow one’s adventures, mainly because they ended up terrifying Fluttershy, but if she was his wife’s friend, she was his friend too.

Fluttershy’s stomach had deflated a bit, and she was feeling great. Big Macintosh could not be happier about his beautiful new daughter. She was definitely his and Fluttershy’s. Her pink coat looked like theirs’ had been blended together, and he had his mane color and Fluttershy’s hair type. Her beautiful green eyes made him feel like he was looking in a mirror, but it looked like Fluttershy was smiling back. The perfect foal.

“What are you going to name her?” asked Twilight.

Big Macintosh and Fluttershy looked between each other.
“Anna Blaze Apple.”

Author’s Note: Tadaa! Hope you liked it. There IS a sequel, so don’t you fret. However, it will not be a Fluttermac. It will take off from this point pretty much, but focus on the foal rather than the relationship and possibly the mane five’s kids? You’ll have to read to find out! It will be called Little Apples. Don’t know when. Write what you favorite part was in the fic in the review ☺.Thank you so much.

Comments ( 11 )

LOVED IT ALL! a moustache for you!!! :moustache: :yay:

Very good story and an enjoyable ending as well. All good things come to an end good stories in particular. Good job with the ending.

I was just grinning like a maniac while reading chapter 28.:pinkiehappy:

Amazing story!! :pinkiehappy:
:moustache: :facehoof:

Wait... So... WHERE'S THE SEQUEL ?!?!? :flutterrage: please :fluttercry:

1924965 I started a sequel and had it up for a few weeks, but I hated writing it and it got weird ratings

No words for how awesome this was so have a bunch of happy ponies and a mustache :ajsmug: :coolphoto: :derpytongue2: :pinkiehappy: :pinkiesmile: :rainbowdetermined2: :rainbowkiss: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowwild: :raritystarry: :raritywink: :scootangel: :twilightsmile: :trollestia: :moustache: :yay: :eeyup:


Such a shame this ended, but all good things must end :ajsleepy:


Here I am scrolling through the comments noticing how many I posted :twilightoops:

This is one of the best fics i have read :eeyup: and that Sorin got whats comeing to him

So i realy love fluttermac and this story was sweet as sugar, darn i am a bit worried ive earned some diabethis through this story :D also this whole story around gave it a nice spicy flavor, even when it made him look like a total asshole ^^
Good Work with that story, keep it up :coolphoto:

Login or register to comment