• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,922 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,922

PreviousChapters Next
Georg's The Modern Promaretheus (Daedalus Aegle's "Things that happen in the course of the creative process.")

Author's Note:

[Comedy][Crossover]

This is the eventual product of discussion in Daedalus Aegle's blog "Things that happen in the course of the creative process." (136 words, no tags.)

HOW WE GOT HERE: Daedalus found that Frankenstein opens with, among other things, a meditation on the importance of friendship. This led to the question of what an introduction to Mary Shelley's work by Twilight would look like. One thing led to another, and...

"Live!" cackled Rarity as she yanked on the ropes, causing the elaborate mechanism to clatter and creak. "Live, my creation! Let the power of nature give it... LIFE!!"

"Uhhmm..." groaned the thing under the covers until a purple hoof emerged and groped for the nearby pillow. "UHHH!!" it moaned more energetically, eventually getting a grip on its prize and heaving it at the cackling unicorn who was standing by the open window with the curtains flung wide. "Rarity!" groaned Twilight, who found herself without anything to cover her head from the unyielding beam of sunlight pouring in through the open crystalline window of her castle. "I said I'd help you this afternoon!"

"It is afternoon, Darling," purred Rarity. She produced Twilight's Extra Large Princess-Sized Coffee Mug (on sale at the castle giftshop for 25 bits, free refills) and waved it near the edge of the bed so the tempting aroma of Bittern's Bitter Biting Brew wafted in the direction of the petulant princess. "And if you don't get out of bed soon, it will be evening, and I shall be forced to see if Rainbow Dash can bring me some thunderclouds for a proper awakening. Tell me, when I attach the electrodes, are you AC or DC?"

PreviousChapters Next