• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,922 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,922

PreviousChapters Next
FoME's Outshining Flash (Jordan179's "Analyzing Some Suggested Ships")

Author's Note:

[Comedy][FlashLight]

This was a response to Jordan179's blog "Analyzing Some Suggested Ships." (936 words, no tags)

BLOG SYNOPSIS: An analysis of how the Mane Six's parents (or other guardian figures) might react to six potential romantic partners mentioned in a group thread, as seen through the lens of Jordan's personal semi-alternate universe. In one of them, Twilight/EqG!Flash Sentry, Jordan notes that it's not clear how her parents would react to the news that their daughter's new beau was actually a balding ape from another timeline.

"... and that's the story."

Twilight Velvet and Night Light traded a look. "That's... certainly interesting, Sparkle," said Night Light.

"Especially the time-space magic involved," added Velvet.

"Yes, especially that. But... well, you don't have to outdo your brother with everything."

Twilight had plotted out every conceivable reaction her parents might have had to the news of her boyfriend being... well, a boy, and had planned her responses accordingly. That hadn't been one of them, and so all she could say was "Huh?"

"The pattern's plain to see, dear," said Night Light. "Your brother gets into West Hoof a year early, you become Celestia's personal student. He becomes Captain of the Guard, you become the Bearer of Magic. He marries an alicorn, you become an alicorn."

"I... But... I'm not trying to—"

Velvet raised a hoof. "It's okay, dear. Your major achievements don't have to upend Equestria as we know it. You're allowed to fall for a nice stallion without any fanfare, ancient evils, or alternate dimensions."

"But I—" Sparkle cut herself off as a wing jerkily spread across her withers.

"Let's go with it," Flash whispered to her. "Unless you want to explain the wireless router you set up next to the portal."

Twilight felt herself flush. "You're the one who missed Webflix."

PreviousChapters Next