• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,922 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,922

PreviousChapters Next
FoME's Tree-bleshooting (Bookish Delight's "Being Juniper Montage")

Author's Note:

[Comedy]

This is a mid-story offshoot of Bookish Delight's Being Juniper Montage (42,135 words, [Drama][Slice of Life])

SPOILING JUNIPER MONTAGE: The story explores Juniper from within and without, both the formative experiences that made her prefer to live in her own little world and how her new friends help drag her out of her shell after "Mirror Magic." An anxiety attack-induced slumber party with human Twilight, Sunset, and Starlight leads to Juniper magically confronting her own fragmented psyche and daring to actually reach out to people for the first time in years.

Most notably for this short, Starlight was sent by the Map of Harmony, which tried to force her cutie mark through the representation of Twilight's castle only to have it bounce off and keep trying like a fly against a window.

Princess Twilight groaned and slumped until her chin rested against the map table. "Why couldn't this thing come with a manual?"

"Well," said Spike as he came in, holding a mug of Twilight's favorite calming tea, "it did come from a tree."

"A magical crystalline tree with unfathomable magical powers!"

"But a tree. How would you feel about giving someone a stack of, I don't know, deli meat with words on it?"

Twilight shuddered. Going into that sandwich shop in the human world had not been a wise decision, no matter what her tongue had told her at the time. She tried to wash the memory out of her mouth with tea, with middling success. "Point taken. But that still doesn't address the current problem."

Instead of a map of Equestria with Starlight's cutie mark trying to beat its way inside the castle, now the table just showed two lines of text spinning in place.

Out of Bounds Exception
Please reinstall universe and restart

PreviousChapters Next