• Published 22nd Feb 2017
  • 785 Views, 77 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling: The Legend of Everfree - Bahamut0



After all the craziness that's happened, Burst and his friends are looking forward to the field trip to Camp Everfree. However, things aren't going to stay calm for long.

  • ...
3
 77
 785

Duel 7: Time to Shine

The next morning had come, and Burst and his friends had put the events of last night behind them. They informed the rest of their friends, and Fluttershy begged Fang to transform for her. Fang went with his wolf pup form, and Fluttershy nearly squeezed him! "Fluttershy...", Burst asked. "Maybe you could let him go so he can breathe?"

"Oh! Sorry!", Fluttershy said sheepishly as she released Fang, who leaped into Aria's arms as she held him tight. Thankfully, not as tight as Fluttershy had.

"So Sunset.", Gold said. "You said you and the girls have been seeing signs of new magical abilities?"

"Yeah.", Sunset nodded. "Fluttershy can talk to animals, Pinkie can throw exploding sprinkles, Rainbow Dash has super speed, Applejack has enhanced strength, Twilight's magic is psychokinesis, Rarity can make gem shields, and I've got telepathic empathy."

"Who knows? Maybe we can go a few rounds with you guys!", Rainbow Dash boasted.

"Great to hear you think you can take us on Dash, but we've got more pressing matters.", Steel noted. "Namely that the source of these new powers is tied to this camp."

"And I think we've got a good idea of where that source is.", Inferno added. "Burst and I picked up on some energy signatures unique to each of you. The crazy thing is, they were coming from that necklace Gloriosa was wearing! Maybe she's also the reason some of those odd events like that sudden gust of wind at the lake."

"I think they've got the right idea.", Starlight said. "We DID see that Rich guy making a bid to try and buy this place. Gloriosa loves this place, and its been in her family for years. I'm willing to bet she'd use any power she can to save it. I know what its like when you accept a power you don't understand."

"You and me both.", Twilight said with a small smile.

"Anyone else willing to bet that she got them from that 'forbidden' gem mine?", Veenus added.

"Then that's where she'll be.", Sunset said. "Twilight? Starlight? I think its time we had a word with our counselor." Sunset, Twilight, and Starlight journeyed to the gem mine that had been closed-off, and found two crystals on a pedestal. However, there were also five empty holds for other crystals. "Looks like Burst and the guys were right about Gloriosa's necklace."

"That wasn't the only thing they were right about." Gloriosa stepped out of the shadows to face the girls.

"Gloriosa...why?", Sunset asked. "Why're you causing events that could ruin Camp Everfree?!"

"What? No...I'd never do anything to harm this place." Sunset was confused, and held Gloriosa's shoulder. Memories of her finding the crystals and using them to try and make their stay the best ever.

"You were only trying to help...but you have to stop!"

"Why should I? These crystals give me great power, and I control it!"

"No you can't.", Starlight said sternly. "I found a great source of power too once. But when I wielded it, I wasn't controlling it. It was controlling me! Gloriosa, if you keep this up it'll consume you!" Gloriosa slowly made her way to the remaining crystals.

"Maybe. Or maybe I just need more power!" Gloriosa snatched the remaining crystals, and transformed into a creature similar to Gaia Everfree! "It's been fun girls, but I can't have you messing up my plans!" Gloriosa flew out of the cave, and buried the entrance with one of her vines!

"So much for reasoning with her.", Sunset said with a sigh.

"Then it looks like we'll have to do this the old fashioned way.", Starlight said as she summoned a new duel disk modeled after Galaxy-Eyes.

"I'll take care of our exit.", Twilight said. Twilight fired-up her magic, and cleared the boulders. "That should do it. Let's go!" Back at the campsite, Hermos had shown up with Burst and the guys.

"For Steel, the Super Soldier Saber and Shield.", Hermos said as he tossed a sword and shield modeled after BLS-Super Soldier. "Then we have the Adamant Edge for Rarity." Rarity was handed a sword modeled after Master Diamond's, but made of diamond itself.

"Its lovely.", Rarity said in awe. "Great form AND function!" Rarity slung the sword on her back in its sheath. "It shall go nicely with my ability to make gem shields."

Hermos smiled proudly as he continued to hand out Duelist Arms. "Pinkie. I think you'll like these sprinkle bombs. I had the Madolches themselves help me get them just right."

"SWEET!", Pinkie beamed. "Especially since I can also throw exploding sprinkles now!"

"Maybe that wasn't such a wise idea.", Hermos muttered under his breath. "Moving on...here's a set of twin stun blasters for Applejack, and for Fluttershy we've got a staff modeled after Winged Kuriboh Level 10." Fluttershy nervously took the staff from Hermos. "Okay. Just gotta focus on the other Duelist Arms for your other friends." Hermos returned to the monster world.

"Can't wait to try these things out!", Steel said with a grin. Burst snapped his attention to the great energy signature he sensed.

"I think you just got your chance..." The students found the transformed Gloriosa hovering above them!

"Attention campers! There are people who're trying to tear this place down! But don't worry! I've got this!" Gloriosa made vines rise up from the ground! Creating a dome around the camp! "There's no need to be scared. Here we'll have all that we need."

"Why don't I believe you?", Burst asked sternly. Gloriosa hovered over to him and his friends.

"You needn't worry. I have everything handled."

"DO you? I know that's you Gloriosa. You can't handle this power! Don't make me fight you."

"Pffft! AHAHAHHAHA! YOU? Fight me? What makes you think you stand a chance?"

"Because you're not the only one who's got powers!" Burst summoned his Duelist Arms and fired a shot from his blaster! Sending Gloriosa reeling! Burst then turned to his friends. "I'll hold her off while you guys work at getting everyone free!"

"Like heck we're letting you handle this alone! I'm with ya Burst!", Inferno said as he summoned his Duelist Arms. "But we gotta be careful! Sunset and the others should be able to purify her!" Burst and Inferno charged at Gloriosa! Cutting any vines she sent their way with their swords! "I guess she's taken 'one with nature' to a whole new level!"

"There's just no end to these things!", Burst groaned as he fired off more shots to destroy the swarm of vines that kept trying to entangle him and Inferno! Meanwhile, Steel and Ice were slashing away at the wall of vines that kept the students imprisoned. However, Gloriosa wasn't having any of that and summoned a swarm of plant creatures!

"I'll take care of the walking shrubbery! You keep trying to break through Ice!" Steel raised his shield and put up a barrier! Blocking the plant monsters from the students! Ice went back to the wall, and slashed away!

"Dang it! Just slashing at it isn't getting me anywhere! Time for something new...Power Force Shot!" Ice fired a small, but powerful fireball from his sword! Blasting a hole through the wall of vines! But new vines quickly replaced the ones that were destroyed. "You've gotta be kidding me!" Meanwhile, Steel had to drop his shield's barrier to engage the plant creatures Gloriosa had summoned. Fortunately, his Super Soldier Saber had great reach. Allowing him to cut the plant creatures to pieces. Sunset, Twilight, and Starlight had arrived by getting pulled through the wall of vines! Burst and Inferno were doing well against Gloriosa until she surprised them by making the ground sink around them!

Burst's eyes widened! "We gotta fly!" Burst and Inferno summoned their wings, and took the fight to the air! However, Gloriosa only increased the intensity of her attacks! Sending out barrages of thorns and wildly swinging vines at them! Burst and Inferno dodged like crazy, but the equal insanity of Gloriosa's attacks grounded them with a powerful swing of one of her viens! Knocking them over to the other students! Rarity gasped, and put up a shield.

"Darling, are you arlight?"

"Yeah....", Inferno groaned. "Still breathing and in one piece." Gloriosa then wrapped her vines around Rarity's shield, and began to squeeze it! Slowly causing cracks! "No you don't!" Inferno fired a shot from his blaster at one of the vines that had gotten through! Causing the vines to slightly retreat! "Just focus on the vines that're outside Rarity! I'll take care of any that get inside!" As her friends struggled in the barrier, Twilight turned her attention to the crystals on Gloriosa's necklace. Twilight focused her magic on the crystals, and freed them from Gloriosa! Inside the barrier, Inferno got an idea! He charged up his blaster, and turned to Rarity. "Rarity! Drop the shield! NOW!" Rarity dropped the shield, and Inferno fired the charged shot! Burning away the vines that had entrapped them! "Ace! See if you can distract Gloriosa!" Ace nodded, and fired a spell grande from his gauntlet! Causing Gloriosa to scowl in his direction!

"I think I did my job too well!" Ace dodged like crazy as Gloriosa sent her vines after him! Meanwhile, the crystals Twilight had freed flew into the hands of her, Sunset, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. Once they had the crystals, the magic within them was unlocked! Causing them to pony-up! Twilight met with the others, and Starlight joined them.

"Gloriosa!", Starlight called out! "I challenge you to a duel! If I win, you let everyone else go!"

"I guess I have a few minutes to deal with you. But first..." Gloriosa used her powers to summon a duel disk. "I needed to get equipped!"

Starlight: 8000
Gloriosa: 8000

"Since we're on my turf, I get the first turn!", Gloriosa said with a cocky grin. "I summon Lonefire Blossom! Now I tribute him to bring out Chirubime, Princess of Autumn Leaves in defense mode! Then I'll play Trade-In to discard a level eight monster from my hand to draw two new cards! Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

'She's like me.', Starlight thought as she drew her card. 'There's gotta be a way to snap her out of this!' "Listen to me Gloriosa! You're not yourself! This power, I know it may feel like you're unstoppable, but you can't control it! You can't handle it!"

"NO! I've got this!", Gloriosa snapped.

"Then it looks like I've got no choice. I discard a LIGHT monster from my hand to special summon Galaxy Soldier in defense mode! Now that he's been summoned, I can add a 'Galaxy' monster from my deck to my hand! Since I've got a level five or higher 'Galaxy' monster on my field, I can normal summon Galaxy Knight without tributing! Then I'll end my turn." 'I guess this is where I find out how bright my galaxy deck shines.'

"I draw!" Gloriosa smiled as she looked at her cards. "I summon Lord Poison in attack mode, and have him attack your Galaxy Knight!"

'Is she crazy?! Her monster has less attack points than mine!' "What're you planning?!"

"You'll see." Gloriosa smiled as Galaxy Knight slashed Lord Poison to bits! "I may have taken a hit, but now that Lord Poison has been destroyed by battle I can special summon a plant-type monster from my graveyard! Bloom once again! Talaya, Princess of Cherry Blossoms! Now that she's on the field, plant-type monsters can't be destroyed by card effects! Also, she gains 100 attack for each plant-type monster I control! But I've done all I need for my turn, so that's all for me."

Starlight: 8000
Gloriosa: 6600

'So she's trying to get a bunch of monsters with the same level on the field...she's planning on an Xyz summon! But what monster needs so many high-level monsters? Most xyz monsters need at least two materials. I guess I'll find out as the duel goes on.' "I draw! I summon Galaxy Wizard! Then I'll tribute him to add a 'Galaxy' card to my hand! There's no use in trying to attack your monster, so I end my turn." 'Now I just need to wait for whatever monster she's trying to bring out! I just hope my monsters can handle it.' Starlight then looked at the card she added. 'Something tells me I'm going to need this later.'

"I draw! Perfect! I summon Copy Plant! Now I'll make him level eight like my flower princesses! Now I overlay all three of my monsters!" A swirling galaxy appeared on the ground, and Gloriosa's monsters became beams of blue, green, and orange light, and dove into the galaxy! A flash of light went off, and a new monster emerged as the galaxy faded. The number 87 was on her waist. "Welcome to the field! Number 87: Queen of the Night! Now I'll equip her with Thorn of Malice! This boosts her attack by 600 points! And if she attacks a defense mode monster, I can inflict piercing damage! I'll attack your Galaxy Soldier!" Starlight cringed as Galaxy Soldier was shattered by the thorn whip Queen of the Night now wielded. But there was something more. Queen of the Night was crying as she attacked! "I end my turn."

Starlight: 4200
Gloriosa: 6600

'Her monster's pretty strong! Not to mention that equip spell gave her a little boost and a nasty bonus ability.', Starlight thought as she drew her next card. Galaxy-Eyes then materialized in her mind.

'There is no need to fear Starlight. My abilities were made specifically to handle xyz monsters! Let's show her how bright our spirit shines!'

"Time for you to meet my partner Gloriosa! She's out of this world! I play Galaxy Expedition! Since I have a level five or higher 'Photon' or 'Galaxy' monster on my field, I can special summon a level five of higher 'Photon' or 'Galaxy' monster from my deck! I special summon Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon! Come on out girl!" Particles of light began to pull together on the field, and condensed into a dragon made of pure blue light! Her eyes were swirling galaxies! "Now I'll attack your monster to activate her effect!" Galaxy-Eyes charged at Queen of the Night! "I won't have you make your monsters cry! I can target the monster Galaxy-Eyes is battling, and banish both of them!" Both Galaxy-Eyes and Queen of the Night disappeared in a flash of light! "Now I'll attack you directly with Galaxy Knight!" Galaxy Knight charged at Gloriosa, and slashed at her life points! "Now that the battle phase is over, the banished monsters return. But Galaxy-Eyes gets an added bonus! She gains 500 attack for each overlay unit on your monster since she was an xyz monster! I end my turn." 'I don't know about you Galaxy-Eyes. But I'd say our souls are shining pretty bright right now.', Starlight thought with a smile.

Starlight: 4200
Gloriosa: 3800

"You've done well to cut down most of my life points.", Gloriosa said as she drew her next card. "But I'll be the one left standing after this duel! And this camp will stand forever!"

"Gloriosa, please! There's a better way than this! Is this really how you want things to be?! Can't you see your monster is crying because you've done this to yourself?"

"Be quiet! It's my turn! I activate Queen of the Night's effect! I'll detach one overlay unit to boost her by 300 points! Attack Galaxy Knight!" Starlight winced as Galaxy Knight exploded in a cluster of stars! "I end my turn with a face-down. Now you don't have an extra monster to get at my life points."

Starlight: 3500
Gloriosa: 3800

"I draw!" 'Looks like she's going to stick to that attack boost effect. Too bad Galaxy-Eyes has enough attack points to take down her number! I can worry about that trap card soon enough.' "Attack her monster Galaxy-Eyes! Photon Stream of Destruction!" Galaxy-Eyes charged up a beam of pure light, and fired it from her mouth! Striking Queen of the Night! But when the light faded, she was still standing! "What?"

"Do you like my trap?", Gloriosa said with a smirk. "It's called Number Wall. Number Monsters I control can't be destroyed by battle or card effects! That is, unless you control a number of your own!"

"I end my turn with a face-down.", Starlight said with a frown. "But at least your monster can't beat mine in terms of attack points!"

Starlight: 3500
Gloriosa: 2800

"I wouldn't be too sure about that.", Gloriosa said with a smirk. "First I'll activate Queen of the Night's attack boost effect again! Then I equip Queen of the Night with Xyz Unit! This boosts her attack points by her rank times 200! Boosting her to 5400! Destroy Galaxy-Eyes!" Queen of the Night swatted Galaxy-Eyes out of the sky! Causing the dragon to explode in a cluster of light! "I end my turn."

Starlight: 2600
Gloriosa: 2800

'Not good! She just crushed Galaxy-Eyes, and there's not a monster in my main deck that can take down her monster! And even if I could, Number Wall is keeping Queen of the Night on her field! What do I do?!', Starlight thought. She then noticed the number 62 glowing in her extra deck! 'Galaxy-Eyes...is this a new form of yours? Only one way to find out!' "I draw! I play Call of the Haunted to revive Galaxy-Eyes from my graveyard! Then I'll play Soul Charge! I pay 1000 life points to revive a monster from my graveyard! Welcome back Galaxy Knight! Now I overlay my two monsters!" A swirling galaxy appeared on the field, and Starlight's monsters turned into swirls of yellow light! Flying right into the vortex! "Light of the galaxy! Shine on this duel! Come on out!" The number 62 glowed in the vortex, and a new form of Galaxy-Eyes emerged! Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon!" Galaxy-Eyes Prime let out a mighty roar as she took the field! "Now I'll attack your monster! Then I can activate Galaxy-Eyes Prime's effect! I'll detach one overlay unit! Now Prime gains attack equal to all the ranks of all Xyz monsters on the field times 200! There's two rank eights, so Prime gains 3200 attack points!"

"NO!"

"Let's go Galaxy-Eyes! Prime Photon Stream!" Galaxy-Eyes Prime fired a beam of pure light from her mouth! Destroying Queen of the Night! As Queen of the Night was destroyed, Number Wall also left the field! "Since I've got a 'Galaxy-Eyes' Xyz monster, I can attach Galaxy-Eyes Cloudragon from my graveyard as an overlay unit. I end my turn."

Starlight: 1600
Gloriosa: 1000

"I draw!" Gloriosa smiled when she saw the card she drew. "I play Trade-In to discard a level eight monster in my hand! Now I can draw two cards! I play the Miracle Fertilizer I just drew! I'll use it to revive Queen of the Night in defense mode! Try getting to my life points now!"

"I won't need to try! I will!" Starlight drew her next card. "And this card will help me prove that! I play Return of the Dragon Lords to Revive Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon!" Galaxy-Eyes revived in a flash of light! Her body glowing a blinding blue! "Prime! Take down her monster! Galaxy-Eyes, end this!" Both of Starlight's dragons unleashed streams of photon energy! Prime's wiped out Queen of the Night, while Photon's wiped out the last of Gloriosa's life points! "By the way, watch out for the rainbow of light headed your way." Gloriosa was confused as to what Starlight meant when Sunset and the others fired a rainbow of magic at her! Turning her back into her old self. Starlight helped Gloriosa up. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah...", Gloriosa said with a weak smile. "I guess....I didn't have a handle on things as much as I thought."

Starlight smiled. "Yeah. Messing with crazy magic can mess with your head. As for your problem, I think I've got an idea on how to save Camp Everfree...."