• Published 22nd Feb 2017
  • 785 Views, 77 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling: The Legend of Everfree - Bahamut0



After all the craziness that's happened, Burst and his friends are looking forward to the field trip to Camp Everfree. However, things aren't going to stay calm for long.

  • ...
3
 77
 785

Duel 6: Family Roots

Veenus stirred as the sleep spell Savage Howl cast on him wore off. "NNnnggggh." Veenus then opened his eyes to find himself in some sort of grove in the forest. "Where...where am I?"

"So you awaken.", Savage Howl said with a dark smile. "My master Gaia has been waiting for you."

"What do I have to do with her?!", Veenus demanded.

"Ask me yourself child.", a new voice said. Veenus turned to the figure leaving a trail of gem dust in her wake. "I was wondering when that seed I planted would bear fruit for my plans."

"So. You're the famous Gaia Everfree. What do you want with me?"

Gaia let out a dark chuckle. "Oh, Veenus. Haven't you ever wondered where your powers come from? How you can do the things you can with plants?"

"What are you saying?!"

"I suppose your mother never truly told you about her history.", Gaia said with a dark smile. "But first, come out of that cub Savage. I've a new body waiting for you." Gaia levitated a humanoid body made of wood with wolf ears and a tail. Savage grinned as he left Fang's body as a black mist, and entered the body his master had constructed for him. "Much better. Now then Veenus. It's time for you to know. Your mother is not human. She was a seed I planted to give me a successor to carry-on my legacy. But I never imagined Rose would ever find interest in a human. But I suppose it worked out in the end. That relationship has bloomed fully in you."

"You mean...."

"Yes. I am your grandmother. For years I have protected this forest. I let those humans have their time to share this land. But now the time has come to reclaim it. And I will reclaim it through you."

"What gives you the right to call this forest yours?!", Veenus demanded. Fang then got to his feet, and snarled at seeing Savage Howl in a new body. "I'll never help you! I don't care if we are related! Maybe Mom wanted nothing to do with you!"

"YOU! You hurt Aria!", Fang growled!

"Silence cub. Your parents should have taught you to respect your alpha.", Savage said with a scowl.

"You should learn to respect your elder boy.", Gaia said sternly. "And you have no choice! But I suppose we can make your joining us a game." Gaia threw two flowers that stuck themselves to Veenus and Fang's chests! "We shall duel for your cooperation. And those flowers aren't just for show. When you take damage, they shall bloom. When you lose all your life points, they shall seal your souls! But take heart. We shall still care for them even after we win."

Veenus glared at Gaia as Fang growled at Savage. "Fine." Meanwhile, Adagio and Aria had arrived.

"Veenus!" Adagio threw Veenus's duel disk to him while Aria did the same for fang!

"Thanks!", Fang called out before facing Savage Howl. "We accept the fact that we have your blood in us..."

"...But we refuse to accept you as our family!", Veenus declared as he activated his duel disk!

"Then let's keep this little reunion to ourselves.", Gaia said with a dark smile as she brought up a barrier of thorns.

"LET'S DUEL!"

Gaia and Savage: 16000
Veenus and Fang: 16000

"This is our domain. We shall take the first move!", Gaia declared. "I set a card and summon Predplant Spinodionaea! I end my turn."

'Looks like her garden's full of thorns!', Veenus thought as he started his turn. "I draw!" Veenus then took a look at the cards in his hand.'Nice! Time to show her the thorns of my roses!' "I summon a Lonefire Blossom! Now I'll tribute it to special summon a plant-type monster from my deck! I special summon Queen Angel of Roses!" A magnificent monster materialized in a storm of rose petals! "Attack her Predaplant! Thorn Lance Charge!" Queen Angel of Roses charged at Predaplant Spinodionaea! Destroying it with a single jab of her lance! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

Gaia and Savage: 15400
Veenus and Fang: 16000

"My turn!", Savage Howl said with a wicked grin. "I summon Gene-Warped Warwolf and end my turn."

"I draw!" Fang said. 'Not good! His monster's stronger than most of the main deck monsters I have! And the only monsters I have that are strong enough to take him down take three tributes! But strong attack isn't everything! Duels also need to be won by strategy!' "I summon Destiny HERO Diamond Dude in defense mode! Then I'll set a card and end my turn!"

"My turn. I draw!" Gaia looked at her cards. "I activate my trap! Predaplanet! Now I summon Predaplant Flytrap! Now I'll activate his effect! I can place a Predator Counter on one monster you control! And since your angel's level was greater than two, her level becomes one! Now I'll attack her with my monster!" Flytrap lunged at Queen Angel, but was destroyed! But before it left the field, it bit down on Queen Angel of Roses! "At the start of the damage step, if Flytrap battles a monster whose level is lower than his, that monster's destroyed!" Gaia cringed as she took damage! "Now Predaplanet's effect activates! Since a monster with a Predator Counter left the field, I can add one 'Predap' card from my deck to my hand!" Gaia searched through her deck, and smiled when she found the card she was looking for. "I end my turn."

Gaia and Savage: 13400
Veenus and Savage: 16000

'Looks like I was right about her deck.', Veenus thought as he drew his next card. 'Her monsters' thorns are pretty sharp! She managed to get rid of one of my best monsters! But in the meantime, Fang and I have the lead in life points.' "I summon Bird of Roses in attack mode! Attack her directly! Thorn Talon Strike!" Rose Bird dived into Gaia's life points! Striking her directly! "I end my turn."

Gaia and Savage: 11600
Veenus and Savage: 16000

"My turn!" Savage drew his next card! "Now I can truly bare my fangs! I summon The Fabled Cereburrel! I tune Gene-Warped Warwolf with him!" Cereburrel turned into two green rings and hovered over Gene-Warped Warwolf! A column of light shot from the rings, and a three-headed wolf stood when the light faded! "I synchro summon Celestial Wolf Lord, Blue Sirius! Then I'll play Stop Defense to force your monster into attack mode! Then I'll play Anti-Magic Arrows! This should prevent your traps from stopping me! Now I play Megamorph to double Sirius's attack! Destroy Diamond Dude!" Sirius crushed Diamond Dude in a single blow from his fist! "I end my turn."

Gaia and Savage: 11600
Veenus and Fang: 12800

"Nnnnngggh!", Fang groaned as he got to his feet. "Time to see how hard I can bite back! I draw!" 'Darn! I got Dogma in my hand, but I'm still missing Plasma for Dragoon! Not to mention I need Polymerization or Chain Material to fuse them! And if I use Destiny Draw, I'll need to ditch one of my Destiny HEROES! Looks like I don't have much of a choice. My hand is mostly spells and traps, and I've only got two monsters including Dogma!' "I activate Destiny Draw! I'll discard Destiny HERO Dynatag and draw two new cards!" 'This'll trap could help me! It'll at least help me get to Dragoon faster!' "I set a card and end my turn!"

"I draw!", Gaia said with a dark smile. "Ah. Excellent! I play Predapruning to revive Predaplant Spinodionaea! Now that he's been summoned, I can place a Predator Counter you control! Then I'll play Polymerization! I'll fuse my Predaplant on my field with another in my hand!" The two monsters leaped into a swirling vortex, and a new monster emerged from the vortex! "I fusion summon Predaplant Chimerafflesia! Now I'll activate his effect! I can banish your monster since she has a lower level than mine!" Chimerafflesia destroyed Bird of Roses with a blast of poisonous pollen! "Now I can attack you directly!" Veenus cringed as Chimerafflesia bit into him! The damage done was real! "I end my turn." Veenus then noticed the flowers on him and Fang blooming.

Gaia and Savage: 11600
Veenus and Fang: 10300

'Not good! These are one of the few flowers I DON'T want to grow!', Veenus thought! "I draw!" 'I gotta uproot this old weed!' Veenus looked at his cards carefully. 'Darn! I've got what I need, but that monster of hers could banish even Black Rose! However, Black Rose's ability could be just what I need! Here goes nothing!' "Time to bring out my best monster! I summon Twilight Rose Knight! Now I'll use his effect! I'll special summon a level four or lower plant-type monster from my hand! I special summon Botanical Lion! Now I'll tune Twilight Rose Knight with Botanical Lion!" Twilight Rose Knight turned into three green rings, and Botanical Lion leaped into them as they lined up! A beam of light shot through the rings, and a new monster stood! "Black Rose Dragon!"

"I see your dragon is in full bloom. I can't wait to use her as my next servant.", Gaia said with an evil smile.

"You won't get the chance! I activate her effect! When Black Rose is synchro summoned, I can destroy all cards on the field! Rose Storm!" Black Rose Dragon unleashed a storm of rose petals that wiped out all other cards on the field! "Attack her directly! Black Rose Flame!" Black Rose Dragon fired a spiral of purple flame! Scorching Gaia's life points! "I end my turn with a face-down."

Gaia and Savage: 9200
Veenus and Fang: 10300

"When Sirius is sent to the graveyard, I can target one face-up monster my opponent controls and lower its attack by 2400! I choose Black Rose Dragon!" Black Rose withered as her attack points dropped! Savage then turned to face Fang. "Prepare to say your goodbyes cub!", Savage spat as he drew his card. "HA HA HA HA! Perfect! I play Soul Charge! I pay 2000 life points to revive Gene-Warped Warwolf and Celestial Wolf Lord, Blue Sirius! Now I summon Pitch-Black Warwolf! Now my pack! Attack him directly!"

"AGGGHH!" Fang cringed as Savage's pack bit a large chunk of his and Veenus's life points! Forcing Fang to the ground! "I activate my trap! Fusion Reserve! This lets me reveal one fusion monster in my extra deck and add one of the fusion materials to my hand!" Fang searched his deck, and picked out Destiny HERO Plasma! Fang then noticed that the flowers on him and Veenus were almost in full bloom!

"All it'll take is one more turn.", Savage said with a wicked grin.

Gaia and Savage: 7200
Veenus and Fang: 4300

'He's right.', Fang thought. 'He's got my field out-numbered! And his pack of monsters is baring their fangs at me! Aria....I'll miss you holding onto me.'

"FANG!", Aria screamed. Fang's ears perked up as he heard Aria scream his name! "Don't you dare leave me now! You made me happy! If you lose now, I'll never forgive you!" Fang slowly got to his feet, and a rainbow-colored flash was going off on top of his deck.

'Aria!' Fang then noticed the rainbow flash at the top of his deck.

"You will become my vessel cub.", Savage mocked. "It is only a matter of time!"

Fang drew his card, and smiled. "You're right. It is time. Time to bare my fangs! I draw!" 'Is this...my own Harmony card?', Fang thought as he looked at the card. "I play Absolute Destiny! This lets me send fusion materials from my hand, deck, or field to the graveyard to carry out the fusion summon of a fusion monster! I'll fuse Destiny HEROES Dogma and Plasma from my hand!" A vortex appeared on the field, and Dogma and Plasma flew into it! When the vortex began to fade, a new monster stood, and Fang had sprouted wings like Destiny End Dragoon! "Come on out! Destiny HERO-Absolute Justice!" Unlike Destiny End Dragoon, Absolute Justice sported smooth, pure and white armor. He was also armed with a wrist-mounted blade and a plasma cannon on his left arm modeled after a dragon, and had large grey angel wings on his back! "Now his effect activates! I can destroy all monsters my opponent controls!"

"Face the light of justice fiends!", Absolute Justice boomed as he fired a gigantic blast from his arm cannon! Wiping out all of Savage Howl's monsters!

"Now that all your monsters are destroyed, you take half of their total attack points as damage!" Savage cringed as his life points took a massive hit! "The only downside is that I can't attack after I activate this effect, he can't attack and is forced into defense mode."

"Don't worry Fang. My power to attack is equal only to my capacity to defend.", Absolute Justice said with a nod.

"I end my turn."

Gaia and Savage: 4200
Veenus and Fang: 4300

"You may best my servant. But I shall defeat both of you!", Gaia hissed as she drew a card. "I had considered sparing your dragon. But now, nothing would please me more than destroying it! I play Miracle Fertilizer! This lets me special summon a plant-type monster from my graveyard! I revive Predaplant Chimerafflesia! I would banish your monster, but I will take great pleasure in destroying it!" Black Rose Dragon shrieked in pain as Chimerafflesia crushed her with his tendril!

"Black Rose!", Veenus cried as he soon felt a sharp pain as the flower Gaia had put on him opened up more! Causing Veenus to fall to his knees from the pain!

"I end my turn.", Gaia said with a vicious smile.

Gaia and Savage: 4200
Veenus and Fang: 1800

"C'mon Veenus! You really gonna let that old weed beat you?!", Adagio cried out! "If you're gone, I'll miss your corny romance lines!" Adagio was blushing as she said that. Veenus smiled weakly.

"You...really liked those lines?"

"They were....sweet. I wish half the guys I met when I first came here would talk to me like you do."

A rainbow-colored flash went off on top of Veenus's deck! Veenus noticed, and drew his card! "Gaia, you were wrong! Now my dragon will truly be in full bloom! I play Rose of Harmony! This lets me banish a tuner and a synchro monster from my extra deck or graveyard, or send them to the graveyard from my hand or extra deck! I'll banish Twilight Rose Knight and Black Rose Dragon from my graveyard!" A storm of rose petals circled around Veenus! Soon, he sprouted wings like Black Rose Dragon! The two monsters became a pillar of light! "I synchro summon Black Rose Full Bloom Dragon!" A humanoid version of Black Rose Dragon stood when the pillar of light faded! Petals fell from her wings as she let out a melodious cry. "You've seen her petals, now you'll feel her thorns! Since she was synchro summoned, I can banish all monsters you control!"

"NO!", Gaia screamed as her monster vanished in a storm of petals

"Now that I've taken care of the weeds on your field, its time to uproot you! Rose Harmony Flare!"

"Every rose has its thorn!", Black Rose said with a smile as she fired a rainbow storm of rose petals! Wiping out the last of Gaia and Savage Howl's life points! After Gaia was defeated, the thorn barrier around the area vanished and the flowers of Veenus and Fang withered away into dust. Aria and Adagio then ran up to Fang and Veenus respectively.

"Easy Aria. I'm alright.", Fang said with a small smile. Aria was crying tears of joy.

"You...you idiot!", she sobbed. "Don't scare me like that!"

"I guess your love for me made me truly bloom.", Veenus said with a smile as Adagio hugged him.

"Like I said. Cheesy, but sweet. The kinda stuff I can't get enough of..." Adagio then shared a deep kiss with Veenus.

"If you two aren't too busy....", Ice said with a smirk. "Hermos made some new Duelist Arms for you two. Here!" Ice tossed Veenus's Duelist Arm to him. A whip modeled after Black Rose Dragon.

"I guess you have thorns of your own now.", Adagio said with a small smile.

"Don't worry Fang. Hermos didn't forget you.", Ace said as he threw Fang the Duelist Arms that were made for him.

"Huh. One gauntlet modeled after Destiny End Dragoon.", Fang said as he put on the gauntlet. "Looks like the claws pull back for the plasma caster shaped like a dragon's head. Nice! Time to see what else it can do!" Fang aimed his gauntlet out, and the claws shot out like grappling hooks! "Cool!"

"I think you two have more pressing concerns!", Burst noted as he saw Gaia and Savage slowly rise!

"This isn't over!", Gaia hissed.

"Yes..." Veenus leaped into the air with his wings, and tied-up Gaia with his Duelist Arm! "Black Rose Whip! Ignite!" Purple flames danced along the whip and enveloped Gaia!

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!", Gaia screamed as the flames drained her magic and she reverted into a seed! Part of her magic flowed into Veenus boosting his control over plants. Meanwhile, Savage Howl's spirit left the body Gaia had made for him, and was circling Fang.

"So. The cub bares his fangs at his alpha.", Savage scoffed.

"And you spoke of our noble wolf spirit. Ironic considering how you've lost your way. If you truly protect this forest, then you know that the people here mean no harm!"

"Silence!" Savage snarled. "You did not have your mate taken from you by humans! Serving Gaia gave me purpose! " Savage charged at Fang and Aria, but Fang was ready!

"LUNAR REAVER!" Fang's right hand soon grew white claws made of moonlight! Fang leaped into the air, and sunk his claws into Savage Howl's spirit! Savage's spirit then exploded, leaving his true spirit in its wake. A white wolf. "So that's your true form."

"I let the darkness in because I grieved my mate being taken away from me.", Savage said with splayed ears. "But it appears you've had a happier tale than mine. Now I must move on. Farewell child. Take care of your pack." Savage's spirit went through Fang before fading away with a final howl. "I wonder what that was about?" Fang then twitched as he transformed in a flash of light! He then found he had turned into a full-grown wolf! "Huh. This is new." In another flash of light, Fang was an adorable wolf pup. Aria could barely contain herself, and scooped him into her arms!

"Cuuute!", Aria squealed as she nuzzled him! Fang then turned into his human form again.

"What? Was I uglier as a human?", Fang joked.

"Fluttershy's going to freak when she hears about this.", Burst said with a smile. "But right now? Let's head back to our tents. We need some sleep...." The group then headed back to their tents. Hoping to get some rest after the ordeal that had just went on.

Author's Note:

Card Stats.

Name: Destiny HERO-Absolute Justice
Attribute: DARK
Level: 10
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 4000/DEF: 4000
Effect: This card can only be fusion summoned by the effect of "Absolute Destiny". Once per turn, you can destroy all monsters your opponent controls. Inflict half of their total attack points as damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack after you activate this effect and if switched into defense mode. If this card is destroyed, you can special summon it from your graveyard during your next standby phase.

Name: Black Rose Full Bloom Dragon
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 10
Type: Dragon/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 3500/DEF: 2900
Effect: This card can only be synchro summoned by the effect of "Rose of Harmony". When this card is synchro summoned, banish all cards your opponent controls. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. If this card is destroyed, special summon it from your graveyard during your next standby phase.