• Published 22nd Feb 2017
  • 786 Views, 77 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling: The Legend of Everfree - Bahamut0



After all the craziness that's happened, Burst and his friends are looking forward to the field trip to Camp Everfree. However, things aren't going to stay calm for long.

  • ...
3
 77
 786

Duel 3: Midnight Reveal

Night soon fell on the students' first night at Camp Everfree. Everyone was gathered around the campfire while Timber was telling them the legend of Gaia Everfree. Most of the the students were shivering after Timber told his story. Blue-Eyes and the other monster partners wer scarfing down marshmallows as Timber had finished his story. Night on the other hand, was more focused on Twilight. As soon as the other students went to leave, Night walked over to her. "That story bring up any bad memories?"

Twilight shook her head. "No, Night. But...I am getting answers from Ace and his family tonight. And at the same time I'm scared to find out by myself." Night then took Twilight's hand.

"Then don't find out by yourself. Twilight, I said I'd be there for you. And right now, you need me. Whatever we find out, we'll see it through. Together."

"And here I was thinking you were jealous of Timber.", Twilight said with a small smile.

"If you do choose him, I see no reason to deny you your happiness. Now let's meet up with Ace and his family." Night and Twilight met Ace's family outside their tent.

"Twilight. What you're about to see MIGHT freak you out.", Ace warned.

"Considering we can summon our monster partners, and Sunset came from a land of talking ponies, I think I can handle it."

"Alright then.", Ice said with a sigh of relief. "You can come out now Midnight." Twilight's eyes widened as part of Ice's shadow split from his being and took form. It was Midnight, but not as Twilight remembered her. Instead of a fearsome magical being, in its place was a little girl. One who hid behind Ice's leg cowering. Cowering from HER. "Meet our little sister." Ice then gave Midnight a kind smile. "Go on Midnight. Say hello." Midnight nervously stepped out to face Twilight.

"H-h-hi.", Midnight stammered. Twilight knelt down to Midnight's level. "D-do you hate me?" Twilight was shocked! THIS was the thing that had been giving her nightmares? She looked so small, so afraid. How could this be the same thing she'd turned into?

"No...Midnight. I don't.", Twilight said with a sigh. "But...how are you here? I thought you were a part of me."

"Emphasis on 'were'.", Ice added.

"The magic purified you.", Midnight answered. "But a little piece of me survived and re-formed. Then Ice found me." Midnight flew over to Ice and hugged him tightly. "And the rest of his family met me soon enough."

"Namely because they discovered you were raiding the fridge.", Shadow said with a small smile.

"Hey. You've got enough food.", Midnight joked. Midnight then looked back at Twilight. "So as you can see, I'm pretty happy. And I figured if I stayed out of your life, you'd be happy too. At least, that was before Moon showed up in my dreams."

"So she told you about my nightmares?"

Midnight nodded. "Twilight, you can't forget. But just move on. I have. It's time for you to do the same. I'm not a part of you, and I don't ever want to be. I've found what I want to be a part of. Now you need to find who completes you." Midnight let out a yawn as she returned to Ice's shadow.

Twilight was puzzled. "Who....completes me?"

"I think the perfect candidate is standing right next to you.", Ice said with a smile. Twilight turned to look at Nightfall. "Think about it. He was one of the first to comfort you after the Friendship Games."

"That's nice and all Ice, but are you sure? Twilight seemed to be pretty comfortable around Timber.", Nightfall stated. "They were chatting up a storm about gem stones."

"Night...the fact is you were the one I always went to talk about whenever I felt troubled about that incident back at the Friendship Games. If I were to have a boyfriend, I'd want someone I can be that comfortable talking to about everything with. That's you." Twilight then blushed. "So, uh, what happens next?" Nightfall wrapped his arms around Twilight, and held her close.

"Now we start over. I know a great library back at Canterlot."

Twilight smiled. "I'd love to go once we get back." As the two shared a loving moment, Burst and Nightmare were watching with proud smiles as they approached the group.

"Looks like the two of you are starting something quite lovely.", Nightmare said with a smile.

"I guess it helps you pushed me to get answers.", Twilight said sheepishly.

"And congrats to you too Night.", Burst said with a grin. "You've found the girl of your dreams."

"Thanks!", Night said with a smile.

"Well, now I know I'm not the one causing those crazy magic occurrences.", Twilight said with a sigh of relief.

"Wait. What occurrences?", Burst asked.

"You must've missed out.", Nightmare replied. "Sunset and the other Elements began experiencing new magical abilities. It must have something to do with this location. And I assume you've experienced an occurrence similar to Sunset and the Elements. Right Twilight?"

Twilight nodded. "I can lift objects with my magic. And Sunset and the others have new magic abilities too."

"Hmmmm.", Burst scratched his head. "Any other weird events as of late?"

"Well, there was the sudden gust of wind, and the trail of gem dust that's been seen. Maybe Timber's story was more true than we thought."

"If it is, then there's two explanations. Either this Gaia Everfree wound-up here from Equestria, or she's from the monster world. Either way, this warrants some investigation."

Ace then noticed Hermos's card glowing, and summoned him. "What's up Hermos?"

"I thought you'd like to new I've finished some of the new Duelist Arms.", Hermos said with a proud smile as he set a chest on the ground and opened it. "For you Ace, I was able to make a spell grenade gauntlet. Modeled after DMG the Dragon Knight." Hermos tossed the spell grenade gauntlet over to Ace. "Although, the drawback is the cool-down period after firing." Hermos then turned to Nightfall. "Ah. You're the one partnered to Cyber Dragon. I've made some cutting-edge Duelist Arms for you in specific." Hermos dug around in the chest, and brought three weapons over. "The Cyber Barrier Glove can let you block attack. Then there's the Cyber Laser Gauntlet I made. The laser cannon on it is small, but it can let you fire a concentrated laser. Also, the standard Cyber Dragon Blaster also has another mode. Press the button on the side."

Nightfall pressed the button on the side of the Cyber Dragon Blaster, and it turned into a sword and projected a laser blade! "I did always want my own lightsaber."

"And there's a guard that deploys for when you activate saber mode. Wouldn't want you cutting off your own hand." Hermos then turned to Twilight. "And don't think I've forgotten about you." Hermos dug around in the chest, and pulled out a collapsable staff modeled after Dark Magician's own staff. "And its easy to store."

Twilight smiled. "It's beautiful."

"Hermos is the greatest smith in the monster world.", Ace said with a smile. "He's made all of the Duelist Arms so far. Speaking of which, are there any more ready for the others?"

"There are.", Hermos said with a nod. "But I doubt it'd be good to wake them now." The group was about to depart when they heard a howl coming from one of the tents!

"What was that?!", Inferno cried.

"I say we find out.", Night said with a steeled gaze. "We might just get a chance to use these new Duelist Arms after all...."