• Published 22nd Feb 2017
  • 781 Views, 77 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling: The Legend of Everfree - Bahamut0



After all the craziness that's happened, Burst and his friends are looking forward to the field trip to Camp Everfree. However, things aren't going to stay calm for long.

  • ...
3
 77
 781

Prologue

After the party Pinkie had thrown for the defeat of Paradox, Burst and Nightmare headed home exhausted. "Man. That field trip's going to feel pretty nice after that ordeal." Burst collapsed onto his bed. Nightmare sat beside him.

"Indeed. It should be a nice break from all the excitement. Camp Everfree seems like the perfect place to escape it. Celestia and Luna spoke quite fondly of it.", Nightmare said with a smile.

Burst sat up. "Shouldn't you be tired of seeing a forest after living in those castle ruins in Equestria's forest?"

Nightmare giggled. "True. But this time I have people to enjoy it with. Plus, it'll be nice for Starlight and Twilight to take their minds off of their....incidents. I can tell Starlight's a little bit weighed down by what she's done, but Twilight still has nightmares about Midnight taking her over. However, that couldn't be farther from the truth."

"Because Midnight's living with Ace and his family, right?"

"Yeah. Though Midnight's made it a point to avoid Twilight." Nightmare sighed. "Though I can't blame her. If I ever saw Luna, I'd be cowering like a child before her. It's hard facing the one you caused pain. Especially if you never meant to hurt them. They're still scared of you, or wind-up hating you with all of their being. The thing that makes it sting more is that I view Luna as my mother. And in Midnight's case, she's scared of Twilight fearing her for the rest of her life. She thinks by her absence, Twilight will heal. If only she knew..." Burst wrapped his arms around Nightmare.

"Maybe she'll know on this trip Moon.", Burst said with a smile. "But right now? We'd better focus on packing." Burst and Nightmare got to helping each other pack, but Nightmare noticed something.

"You're packing your deck and duel disk?", Nightmare asked.

"Blue-Eyes and the others wanna join in on the fun. I can't leave them behind."

"Guess I'll bring my deck too.", Nightmare said with a smile as she headed for her room to continue packing.

Meanwhile at Ace, Ice, and Shadow's house...


"PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!", Midnight pleaded. Ice sighed.

"Midnight. You KNOW that Twilight's going to be at Camp Everfree, right?", Ice asked.

"But I've never been to a camp before! It sounds like so much fun! PLEASE let me come with you! I'll stay in your shadow during the day so no one will see me!"

"Ice?", Ace asked. "You know she's not going to stop asking. Out little sister is incredibly determined."

"Fine.", Ice said as he rolled his eyes. "But PLEASE try to keep out of sight? I don't want everyone freaking out."

"YES!" Midnight squeezed Ice tightly! Shadow and Ace couldn't help but chuckle at the sight.

'The things we do for family....', Ice thought. "At least we don't have to worry about helping her pack."

Fang's house....

Fang was humming to himself as he packed his bags for Camp Everfree. 'This is nice. Heading into a place where I can freely indulge in my instincts.' Meanwhile, his parents were watching him with concerned faces. Out of his whole family, Fang was the only one to have wolf ears and a tail. Fang's mother approached him nervously.

"Fang? Are you sure that you want to go on this field trip?"

"What're you saying Mom? Of course I wanna go! I'm almost completely packed up! C'mon I'll be fine!", Fang said with a grin. Fang's Mom sighed as she left. "Wonder what's got them so down?" As they left their son to his business, Fang's parents went to talk.

"What're we going to do?", Fang's Mom asked.

"Hopefully, we won't need to do anything.", Fang's Dad said with a sigh. "That old story that was passed down in my family warned that he'd take over the next child born with traits of the wolf. And that he'd control that being to continue his service to Gaia. Whatever Fang faces at Everfree, let's hope he can overcome it.

Veenus Bloomer's house...

"It's going to be weird going to a place full of things to use my powers, and not even being able to use them.", Veenus thought out loud as he packed. While he was packing, his mother watched with a worried look on her face. Veenus's father than noticed her concern, and walked up to her.

"You're worried he'll meet her aren't you?"

Veenus's mother sighed. "In truth, I thought I'd left that part of my history behind. But something tells me Veenus will encounter that dark chapter of my family. The root of his powers. I just hope that he can stay strong."