• Published 22nd Feb 2017
  • 785 Views, 77 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling: The Legend of Everfree - Bahamut0



After all the craziness that's happened, Burst and his friends are looking forward to the field trip to Camp Everfree. However, things aren't going to stay calm for long.

  • ...
3
 77
 785

Duel 4: Eyes of the Galaxy

Starlight was sitting out looking at the stars, and sighed. It was sad being a duelist without a deck. But then again, she had betrayed her monsters by accepting Paradox's power. She'd hunted and captured legendary dragons for him, and all the while she was used as a puppet. Maybe she didn't deserve a deck in the end. Shadow noticed her mood, and decided to check on her. "Down in the dumps about your deck?"

"Yeah.", Starlight said with a sigh. "I know my actions weren't my fault. But it still cost me my old deck. Looking at the stars...it kinda reminds me of this dream I had as a little girl."

"Really? What kind of dream?", Shadow asked with a smile.

"Well...it was about a dragon. A dragon with swirling galaxies for eyes! It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.", Starlight said with a fond smile. "She told me...that I'd find her when the time was right." Starlight then shook her head. "It's probably crazy to say something like that."

"I don't think so. I had dreams about Dragluon when I was little too. Maybe this dragon's waiting for you." Shadow then looked up at the sky. "Maybe you'll meet it someday. It's just waiting in the stars."

"That day has come sooner than you think.", a voice answered. Shadow and Starlight were startled, and then looked to the sky. A star was glowing brighter than all the others. And even stranger, it seemed to be moving! Moving towards them! Shadow and Starlight hit the deck as the star came closer! Stopping when it was a few feet away from them! The light then exploded and then condensed into a dragon made of pure light! Its eyes were made of swirling galaxies. "Hello Starlight.", the dragon answered with a kind smile. "You've grown much since I last saw you."

"You...", Starlight said in awe. "You were the dragon I saw in my dreams when I was little. You're real? Who are you?"

"I am a dragon made of light itself. I am Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Your partner, and new friend."

"That's...very kind of you. But I don't have a deck you can call home or monsters you can call friends.", Starlight said sadly. "I don't even know if I can call you my partner." Galaxy-Eyes then put her hand on Starlight's shoulder.

"I'm afraid its my fault you're thinking this way. Paradox got to you before I could reach you. And you needn't worry about a deck. I've brought a few friends along on my expedition." Galaxy-Eyes opened up a portal, and monsters that seemed to hail from space materialized. "You may not THINK you're ready Starlight. But I KNOW you are."

"Galaxy-Eyes....thank you. Time to start this new chapter of my story.", Starlight said with a smile as Galaxy-Eyes and her comrades turned into a deck, and floated into Starlight's hands. "This new deck....it feels right. This is that feeling you were talking about. Right?"

Shadow smiled and nodded. "Exactly." The two held each other when they heard a howl come from the tent site! "Doesn't sound good." Shadow summoned his Duelist Arm. "Let's find out what's going bump in the night." Shadow and Starlight headed towards the source of the howl. Hoping to find what was causing it.