• Published 22nd Feb 2017
  • 785 Views, 77 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling: The Legend of Everfree - Bahamut0



After all the craziness that's happened, Burst and his friends are looking forward to the field trip to Camp Everfree. However, things aren't going to stay calm for long.

  • ...
3
 77
 785

Duel 2: Welcome to Camp Everfree

The next day had come, and Burst and his friends had gotten on the school bus to Camp Everfree. Fang had a big smile as he enjoyed the ride. Aria decided to have a little fun with him. "I guess you're going to be heading back to your old den?", she asked with a smile. Fang laughed and decided to play along with her.

"Yup. I'll even give you the grand tour of where I chased my tail as a little kid."

"That's good and all.", Spike added. "Me? I'm looking forward to some good old squirrel chasing!" Fang blinked at Spike. He then picked up the puppy and held him close.

"I SHALL LEAD US TO GLORY!", Fang proclaimed loudly! Aria let out a giggle at Fang being so eager to go running around the forest.

'He's like a little wolf cub.', Aria thought with a smile. 'That's probably why I think he's so cute. Not to mention why he's able to get me to smile so much.' Aria scratched Fang's ears. "Good boy." Meanwhile, Twilight was still troubled by what Nightmare had told her in her dreams last night. Nightfall took notice, and decided to speak to her about what was on her mind.

"Twilight? You alright? You look like you've got something troubling you?"

"Oh. It's just...something Moon told me in my dreams last night."

"Burst's girlfriend?"

Twilight nodded. "Yeah. But its nothing that you need to worry about Night."

"Twilight. You're a horrible liar. Please tell me what's wrong.", Nightfall pleaded. "Is it about the Friendship Games? About....the incident?" Twilight let out a sigh before looking Nightfall in the eyes.

"Night. I've been having nightmares about Midnight Sparkle. In them, she's destroyed my friends. She hurt you. And in the end, she ultimately took over. But last night....last night was when Moon intervened. And she left me with some....interesting information."

"Really? What?"

"She told me that despite my nightmares, Midnight wasn't inside of me. At least...not anymore. But why do I still have nightmares? Why am I so scared of her if she's not a part of me, or inside me?"

"Was there...anything else?"

"Yes. There was. Moon said that if I really wanted answers, I should talk to Ace and his family about Midnight. But what do they have to do with any of this?" Twilight clutched her head. "I just don't get why I'm still so scared of Midnight." Nightfall put his arm around Twilight.

"Maybe...you just haven't let go yet. Twilight, what happened is in the past. And maybe that's where it should be left. Midnight isn't here..." Nightfall held one of Twilight's hands. "But I am. I'll always be right behind you. Even when things are dark, my arms'll be waiting for you to find them."

"Night falls after Twilight. Right?", Twilight asked with a smile. Nightfall smiled as he put both of his arms around Twilight.

"Always. When you go to find your answers, we'll get them together."

"Thanks Night. I really needed that."

"Twilight? I never got the chance to tell you this. But I've found you incredibly cute." Twilight blushed.

"You...find me attractive?"

"I do. And if you want to, I'd like to be there for you as more than a friend. It's a lot to take in, so I'll just let it be your choice." Veenus and Adagio were watching the potential couple with knowing smiles.

"I remember when we first met.", Adagio said with a fond smile.

"It was then that our love started to bloom.", Veenus said with a smile. "It seems that flower I gave you served as a poor comparison. Because nothing can truly be compared to you."

Adagio had a flirty smile as she snuggled up closer to Veenus. "Say anything more romantic, and it might be hilarious. But I do enjoy your flattery. Just make sure it doesn't get cheesy."

"Sorry. I was taught by my parents that love is rare. And once you find it, you hold onto it for as long as you can. And hearing your sweet siren's song just makes me want to hold onto you more."

"Oh, shush you!", Adagio said playfully. Meanwhile Shadow was talking with Starlight.

"You know Star? I'm surprised you've moved on so quickly from the Paradox Incident.", Shadow noted.

"Don't get me wrong Shadow. I still regret accepting Paradox's power. But the worst part about it is that my whole deck was destroyed when he was defeated. Now? I don't have the slightest clue of what deck to put together."

"Well, the others and me based our decks around the monsters we share a bond with. Maybe you just need to wait for the monster partner who's waiting for you.", Shadow said with a smile. "It might not be instantaneous, but when you and that monster find each other, you'll feel it deep inside of you."

"Thanks Shadow.", Starlight said with a smile. "Who knows? Maybe my monster partner's just a wish away." The bus soon arrived at Camp Everfree, and the students retrieved their bags.

"Ah! It's good to stretch my legs after that long ride!", Ice groaned as he stretched.

"You do know we could have just flew here on our dragons right?", Inferno asked.

"Yeah, but then we'd have trouble carrying a conversation over the sound of the wind.", Burst added. "Although I think falling asleep on dragons would be more comfortable than bus seats. But I had Moon as a pillow, so I really can't complain."

"Looks like we're about to be welcomed.", Steel noted as the speaker crackled on. The students gathered, and a girl came to greet them.

"Hello campers!", the girl greeted. "My name is Gloriosa Daisy. I'll be your counselor for your stay here at Camp Everfree."

"Hey Burst?", Inferno whispered. "You picking up on a weird energy?"

Burst nodded. "Yeah. And its coming from those crystals she's wearing. But the craziest thing is that each of the crystals seems to be attuned to one of the girls. But that's something we'll have to worry about later." As Burst and Inferno concluded their conversation, Gloriosa was asking the students about any activities. Trixie put her hand up.

"Trixie has a suggestion on how to REALLY kick off our time here!" Trixie then turned to Ace. "Trixie has some unfinished business with you Ace. How about we give everyone here a good show like back in Battle City?"

Ace smiled as he pulled his duel disk out of his backpack. "Then let's set the stage! If that's alright with Gloriosa."

"Sounds like fun! Go ahead you two."

"Then its show time!"

Trixie: 8000
Ace: 8000

"Trixie shall start the duel! Trixie summons Magician's Valkyria! Then I'll set two cards and end my turn."

"My move then! I draw!" Ace looked at the cards in his hand. 'Sweet! Just what I needed! Trixie's not the only one who knows how to have a few tricks up her sleeve!' "I'll set a card and summon Chocolate Magician Girl! Then I'll activate her effect! I'll send a spellcaster from my hand to the graveyard to draw an extra card! Then I'll end my turn."

"I draw! In terms of attack, Trixie's Valkyria is equal to your Magician Girl's. But not for long! Trixie activates Magical Dimension! I tribute Valkyria to special summon DMG-Trix! Now Magical Dimension's effect activates! I can target and destroy one monster you control!" As DMG-Trix hit the field, a bolt of magic destroyed Chocolate Magician Girl! "Attack him directly!"

"Not so fast! I activate my trap! Magician's Circle! Since you declared an attack, we can both special summon spellcasters with 2000 or less attack from our decks! I special summon another Chocolate Magician Girl! And since she's an attack target, your monster's attack is halved! Now her other effect activates! I can special summon a spellcaster from my graveyard and change the attack target to it! I'll bring back Apple Magician Girl! Now that she's being attacked, your monster's attack is halved! Now I can special summon a level five or lower spellcaster from my hand! Welcome Kiwi Magician Girl to the field! Now she's the new attack target!"

"I don't think so! Your trap helped me too! Now I'll summon another Magician's Valkyria!" Kiwi Magician Girl switched her attack to Magician's Valkyria! "Thanks to her effect, only she can be targeted for an attack!" Trixie winced as she took damage. "I suppose my monster's attack has been all but depleted. I end my turn."

Trixie: 7800
Ace: 8000

'She managed to decrease the damage greatly thanks to her Valkyria. But now DMG-Trix is vulnerable.', Ace thought. "I draw! I'll attack your DMG-Trix with Kiwi Magician Girl! Then I'll attack you directly with Apple and Chocolate Magician Girl!" Trixie cringed as most of her life points were blasted away by magic! "I end my turn with a face-down." 'Best to save this card for later when I'll really need it.'

Trixie: 3700
Ace: 8000

"Trixie draws!" Trixie smiled as she saw her next card. "Now this should make things really exciting! I play Dark Magic Veil to revive DMG-Trix! Then I'll play Raigeki! This should take care of your monsters." A massive thunderbolt wiped out Ace's entire field! "But I'm not done yet! I play the spell card Megamorph! This doubles DMG-Trix's attack points! Attack him directly!" Ace cringed as half of his life points were decimated in a single blast of magic! "Trixie ends her turn."

Trixie: 3700
Ace: 4000

'So she's gotten rid of most of my life points.', Ace thought. 'One more attack, and I'd be finished. Or at least, I normally would.' Ace drew his next card. "You're not the only one with tricks up their sleeve Trixie."

"Hah! All I need to do is attack you again, and I win! What could you possibly have lying in wait? If that face-down was any good, you'd have used it by now?"

"Then why don't you find out? I end my turn."

"Heh. I never could resist a good twist.", Trixie said with a grin. "Very well than. DMG-Trix! Attack him directly!" DMG-Trix fired a blast of magic right into Ace's life points! But when the smoke cleared, Dark Magician Girl was standing on Ace's field even when his life points were at zero! "What?! How did you do that?"

"You were right Trixie. My face-down was good. Which is why I saved it for the end! Relay Soul lets me special summon a monster from my hand, and I take no battle damage as long as that monster's face-up on the field! And since my life points are as low as they can possibly be, Megamorph reduces your monster to half its original attack points!" Trixie's eyes widened at DMG-Trix's attack points dropping to 1000. "Also, when the monster summoned by Relay Soul leaves the field, I lose the duel. But you've already used up all your actions."

"I end my turn.", Trixie said with a pout.

"Then its time for me to bring this duel to a close!" Ace drew his next card. 'Perfect! This is just what I needed!' "I discard Kiwi Magician Girl! This lets all 'Magician Girl' monsters on my field gain 300 attack and defense for each 'Magician Girl' monster with different names on my field and graveyard! last I checked there were four including Dark Magician Girl! That boosts her to 300 attack points! But I'm not done yet! I play Dark Magic Expanded! Since we both have a Dark Magician Girl, I can activate two of its effects! But I only need the first effect! I can target a DARK spellcaster on the field and have it gain 1000 attack points! Take down DMG-Trix! Final Burning Magic Attack!" Dark Magician Girl charged up her normal Dark Burning Attack! Resulting in a brilliant purple flame forming around her attack! Dark Magician Girl hurled the blast at DMG-Trix! Wiping out the last of Trixie's life points. "I'd say we've kick-started out time here with a bang.", Ace said with a smile. All the students cheered!

"Well then. Let's all get you to your tents. Girls, Timber will be helping you out with your tent assignments. Boys, you're with me." The students went to Gloriosa and Timber respectively. Burst and Inferno wound up in the same tent, as did Ace and Shadow, Steel and Ice, Gold and Nightfall, and Veenus and Fang.

"Well, looks like we lucked out in our tent placement.", Burst said with a smile. "Let's see who the girls wound up with." The guys went over to check up on Sunset and the others.

"Hey girls.", Gold greeted. "Who'd you end up with?"

"I'm with Twilight.", Sunset answered.

"Sonata and I are together!", Pinkie chirped.

"Aj and I are bunking together!", Rainbow Dash boasted.

"I'll be with Starlight.", Nightmare said with a smile.

"Looks like we've both lucked out.", Night said with a smile.

"Well, I guess we'll see you girls around.", Veenus said as he hugged Adagio. "Hope you don't get lonely without me."

Fang was about to hug Aria when he felt a shiver run down his spine. Aria took note. "Fang? You alright?"

"Y-yeah. Just a weird feeling.", Fang said as he shook his head. "Nothing major. See you soon." As the guys gathered together, Ace noticed Hermos's card glowing. Ace took out Hermos's card, and summoned the dragon.

"What is it Hermos?"

"I thought you'd like to know that I've finished more Duelist Arms for you and your friends. I can't bring them to you now, but you will receive them later.", Hermos said proudly.

"Great news Hermos. You'd better return to the monster world." Hermos disappeared in a flash. Twilight then approached Ace, Shadow, and Ice. "Twilight? What's up?"

"Ace....tell me the truth about Midnight."

Ace panicked! "I...don't know what you're talking about."

"Moon told me in my dreams that you and your family know something about Midnight. Ace...please. I just want to know."

Ice sighed. "Meet me, Ace, and Shadow tonight. You can hear from Midnight herself."

"Ice are you crazy?!", Shadow shouted.

"If it means ending this whole nightmare, I'd gladly go insane.", Ice said with a determined gaze. "Midnight's story needs to reach this final chapter."

Ace sighed. "I guess we'd have gotten to this point eventually."

"Thank you.", Twilight said. "And tell Midnight..I just want to talk." The groups then departed for their tents. Each hoping that this trip would let them take a break from the magic and excitement.