• Published 22nd Feb 2017
  • 780 Views, 77 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling: The Legend of Everfree - Bahamut0



After all the craziness that's happened, Burst and his friends are looking forward to the field trip to Camp Everfree. However, things aren't going to stay calm for long.

  • ...
3
 77
 780

Duel 1: Shadows of Midnight

Twilight couldn't sleep that night. After seeing Starlight being saved, it brought up many unpleasant memories. In specific when she had become Midnight Sparkle. In her dreams, Midnight constantly taunted her, and eliminated her friends. Until only she and Twilight were lift in the strange realm that resulted. "No...you can't be here! Sunset and the others helped me defeat you!"

"Oh you're wrong. I've always been inside you! Waiting for the right moment to strike!", Midnight said with a sneer. "And that time is now! When I'm done, you'll never see the light of day again!" Midnight prepared to fire a blast of magic until another blast vaporized her! Twilight peeked out from the cover of her arms, and saw Nightmare's hands smoking from the blast.

"Too bad. I forgot to say Kame-Hame-Ha.", Nightmare said with a shrug before walking over to Twilight. "Twilight. Its over. So why are you still having nightmares?"

"Moon....I can feel Midnight. Even after the Friendship Games, I could feel her inside of me. She's been clawing at my mind trying to get out! Don't tell me this is all just a bad dream!" Nightmare sighed.

"Twilight. Midnight isn't a part of you. She's not inside of you. Well....not anymore at least."

"Wait. What do you mean anymore?", Twilight asked.

"If you really want answers, seek them in the real world. If you take the time to understand, maybe Ace and his family will be more than happy to share their secret. Until then, sleep well.", Nightmare said with a smile as she exited Twilight's dreams. Back in the real world, Twilight woke up with a start.

"If what Moon said is true, then why do I FEEL like Midnight's inside of me? What did she mean when she said I should ask Ace and his brothers? What do they have to do with any of this?" Twilight then walked over to her mirror. "Midnight. Just what really happened to you after the Friendship Games? If no one else will tell me, I'll find out for myself." Twilight went back to bed. Hopefully, she would get her answers tomorrow.

Midnight's Dreams....

Midnight was dreaming of her family when Nightmare showed up for a visit. "Oh. Hi Moon! No need to vanquish any nightmares here."

"Midnight, that's not why I'm here. It's about Twilight."

"Did something happen?"

"Midnight...she's still having nightmares about you. I know you thought staying out of her life meant she would move on, but the fact is she believes you're still a part of her. Trying to gain control of her. If you're really going with Ice to Camp Everfree, then you're going to have to reveal yourself to her."

"But...." Midnight began to tear up. "But what if she hates me? What if she runs away?"

Nightmare took a deep breath. "Midnight, I'll say this. You're far braver than I was. You found a person who took you in, and made a family for yourself. Me? I spent my time as little more than a pile of magical mist. Waiting to become flesh and blood again. Hiding from all who so much as crossed my path. Please Midnight. Just try to make things right with Twilight."

"I'll.....I'll try to."

"Good. Now rest. You've a long trip tomorrow.", Nightmare said with a smile as she returned to her own dreams. Upon her return, thoughts drifted to a familiar place. 'Maybe....I should take my own advice.'