• Published 22nd Feb 2017
  • 786 Views, 77 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling: The Legend of Everfree - Bahamut0



After all the craziness that's happened, Burst and his friends are looking forward to the field trip to Camp Everfree. However, things aren't going to stay calm for long.

  • ...
3
 77
 786

Duel 5: The Beast Within

Fang stirred in his bed that night. That chill he felt earlier was back. But this time, there was something new. A voice ringing in his mind. The voice clawed away at Fang's thoughts! "Show yourself!", Fang growled. "Who are you?! And why're you in my head?!"

"Insolent cub.", the voice snarled as a figure materialized. Fang was shocked! The figure looked like an older, darker version of himself. "So. You are the next child born with the wolf spirit within you. I am your ancestor. Savage Howl. I was sealed away here after my master was weakened. I served her as her protector. And now....YOU will do the same. My master Gaia has need of my services once again."

"Gaia? You mean like Gaia Everfree? Whatever you two are planning, I won't let you!", Fang cried out in defiance! Savage just let out a dark chuckle.

"You misunderstand cub. You'll have no choice in the matter.", Savage Howl said with an evil smile as he turned into a black wolf, and pounced on Fang! Back in the real world, Fang let out a howl as his body had altered! His skin had turned black, and his hair and tail turned a deep shade of red-violet. And his eyes became devoid of pupils. Leaving only black white voids present. Veenus awoke to Fang's howl, and was horrified to see what had become of his friend!

"Fang?! What happened to you?", Veenus demanded. Savage turned to Veenus, and gave him a dark smile.

"Ah. One who bears the blood of my master. Your presence has been requested by her."

"Sorry. But I'm not going anywhere!"

"A pity you did not make this easy on yourself." Savage channeled darkness into his hand, and grabbed Veenus by his face! The darkness forcing Veenus into an artificial sleep. Savage picked up Veenus and slung him over his shoulder. "We've a pressing engagement that can't avoided." Meanwhile, Aria had heard Fang's howl and bolted awake!

"Adagio, get up!", Aria said as she lightly punched Adagio in the arm. Waking her instantly.

"Hnnnnn. Aria? Can't it wait until morning?", Adagio groaned.

"That howl came from Fang and Veenus's tent! You really wanna wait until its too late?!"

Adagio's eyes widened as she leaped out of bed. "C'mon slowpoke!" As the two ran toward Veenus and Fang's tent, and saw that Burst and the others had arrived on the scene. Both groups were shocked to see who walked out of the tent.

"Well, well. Aren't we popular tonight?", Savage said with a dark smile. Aria was horrified.

"...Fang?", she whispered. Savage turned his head to her, and sneered.

"So. That's this cub's name." Savage then sniffed in Aria's direction. "Your scent is on this cub's body. He's your lover isn't he?"

"Shut up fur ball!", Adagio snapped. "What're you doing with Veenus? Let him go!"

"Hmph.", Savage scoffed. "Why would someone of my master's lineage ever show interest in a human? Master Gaia has need of this boy, and I need the cub's body to continue my service. You will see neither of us for the rest of your lives!"

"Fang! Don't do this!", Aria pleaded as she charged and tried to tackle Savage Howl! "If you're in there, fight this guy! Whoever this creep is, he's not you! You're my good boy!"

"How disgraceful." Savage smacked Aria back. "My descendant has demeaned himself by becoming some human's pet. Now he shall be restored to the glory those of my lineage are worthy of!" Savage ran off to the woods! "Follow me humans. If you dare!" As Savage faded into the darkness, Aria bolted after him with Adagio close behind!

"Let's follow them.", Burst said as he summoned his Duelist Arms. "Who knows what's lurking in the forest now." Inferno, Ace, Ice, and Nightmare summoned their own Duelist Arms while Twilight and Night readied their own. But before they left, Hermos materialized before them. "I assume you've got another delivery for us?"

"In specific, for Veenus and Fang.", Hermos said as he produced two weapons from the chest he'd brought.

"Then we're gonna have to deliver it ourselves. IF Fang snaps out of whatever's got him acting like this." Burst and the group rushed towards the forest! Hoping to find out what was going on with their friends.