• Published 19th Jan 2017
  • 1,613 Views, 50 Comments

Equestrian Fugitive - AnonymousWriter



The most wanted criminal, convicted of numerous murders and other crimes tells the Royal Guard that is guarding his cell how he ended up in Equestria before he is given the death penalty

  • ...
5
 50
 1,613

Chapter 9 - Survive at ALL Costs


Jason's POV


If there was one thing that I did, living in Whitetail Woods, it was looking at a large boulder and staring at it. I had discovered this boulder the day after I met Rainbow Dash and I formed a plan to help me survive out here. The boulder was located only a few metres from where I had set the fire, it was covered in thick green moss and certain parts of the stone that could be written on. There was no help coming for me until the next day arrived, so, I had time to speculate what exactly had happened to me and how I was taken to this place.

"Maybe I fell out of an airplane! But that doesn't make sense, how did I get into THIS place? You know, full of colorful talking horses?! Airplanes are out of the picture... maybe it was an experiment gone wrong? Maybe I was a scientist and I electrocuted myself! But I don't think I am old enough to be a scientist. I don't even know how old I am!"

I ran towards the creek that was near my campsite to look into the reflection of the clear stream. The gentle trickle of water rushing past, the dim light of the sun, barely visible through the dark green bed of leaves above me, but the light was bright enough to see the reflection in the water.

I looked into the water, I saw my face. It was dirty, obviously, so I washed it with the creek water. I formed my hands to that of a cup and dug into the water, bringing the water to my face, feeling the cold water pile onto me. I had a flashback.

... Water, water flowing down a stream and into an ocean.
... I was in the water by the beach, I was on a board, a bodyboard.
... Wollongong city beach, I was with my friend... I don't remember his name.
... We... we were having fun, body boarding, playing in the sand, building sandcastles. It was awesome.
... "You are such a good mate, Jason!" The unknown friend yelled to me.
... "Right back at you Danny!" I rejoiced as we kept playing at the beach.
... Danny? Dan?...
...
...
... OH MY GOD! DANIEL!

The Flashback ended and a tear exited my left eye. I had remembered my best friend's name. A name I thought I would never forget.

I looked back into the reflection of the water afterward. My hair was longer than what I remember last seeing in Wollongong. I had a faint mustache growing, I was still a teen by the looks of it.
"Thank god," I mumbled with happiness, chuckling shortly after with delight.

"Alright! I am not a scientist by the looks of it." I thought to myself.
And then it hit me, like a ton of bricks.
"OH MY GOD, OF COURSE!" I was so happy about my theory.

"ALIEN ABDUCTION! HOW DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE?!... Nope nope nope, not what happened, absolutely incorrect, aliens don't exist. Except these horse creatures do... UUUGGHH"
I lay on the ground, exhausted by all this speculation. But then I had an idea that was very plausible.

"....... I am in a dream... A coma of sorts, maybe I was hit on the head and that is why my head hurts? These horse creatures are part of some illusion made by myself, in a coma!"

I had a stable idea. So I went with it, I got on the ground, lying face up, I thought of everything that I remembered before I went into this coma. I shut my eyes and thought of the beach, my brother, my mother, my father, Wollongong, the great dividing range, the earth, and most of all, I thought about Daniel, how we always went to the beach, it was like a palace to us.

I slowly opened my eyes, hoping to see the white ceiling of the hospital quarters, a hospital bed, I.V bag. I wanted to hear a nurse who had been looking after me the whole time to come in and shout in excitement "EVERYONE JASON IS AWAKE!", I wanted to see my family again, running in and crying joyfully as I wake up from whatever accident I had had.

But when I opened my eyes, I was greeted by the green escarpment of leaves looking down on me.

"... THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY THAT I AM AWAKE!" I fumed in dispair. This was devastating.

I cried with intensity for what felt like hours, not loud enough to be heard by the villages though, none of them heard me through all the trees.

I leaned on the boulder and cried until dusk and the moon finally rose.

"... I need to light my fire." I commanded myself assertively, getting up from the boulders, wiping the tears from my face.

After a rough 5 minutes, I was finally sitting by my newly lit fire, waiting to fall asleep and finally just get on with the shitty new lifestyle of mine.

I heard a rustle in the bushes again. I turned my head around to the space that I heard the noise come from, but there was nothing there, only the green that had no sign of life in them.

"... What?" I mumbled to myself, confused.

"IS ANYONE OUT THERE?" I shouted aloud.

Everything went silent, and whatever was there was now once again gone. Due to the fatigue, I picked myself up from the position I was sitting in and laid on the ground next to the warm embers. I closed my eyes as I relaxed, listening to the ambiance of the forest, the noises of the breaking down and the crackling of sticks being engulfed by the scorching flames. I began thinking, hoping to god that I wouldn't dream. I didn't want that fucking horse to enter that dream again. I was very fearful of that horse. She didn't seem right, she was crazy.

Finally, I fell asleep... and went into a fucking dream.


I woke up to the sound of beach waves, I was laying down on a shoreline, or at least I assume I was, as I heard water colliding with the wet, soggy sand, only a couple of meters away, I couldn't see anything, my guess is that I just wanted to relax and rest, waiting for the next day to arrive.

But then my awareness came back to me as I realized that I shouldn't be on a beach but, instead, in a forest. I heard a strange noise, almost indescribable, it sounded like some form of energy, a low hum, like something from a sci-fi film. I heard someone screaming, it wasn't the scream of those ponies or any pony for that matter. I realized it was my voice. I could hear that I was in distress, though I didn't have the slightest clue as to why.

Shortly after I heard myself begin screaming, I had begun to shout someone's name. It was the same name, over and over. I couldn't understand what name this was over the loud noises of the unknown sound, but I then heard the other person shouting as well, I remembered this voice and immediately knew which name I was screaming.

His name was Daniel.

"DANIEL! HELP ME! I AM SLIPPING! I CAN'T HOLD ON MUCH LONGER!" I cried to my dear friend.

Slipping? Why would I be slipping? Was I stuck on a ledge leading to an ocean floor? Was I in a rip or strong ocean current? Was I even at a beach? I had to open my eyes to be sure of what I was hearing.

I couldn't open my eyes though. I couldn't move at all. All I could do was listen to the horror. The strange noise began to rise in volume, drowning out the rest of the noises including my screaming and the oceanic sounds until I could hear only the deafening noise of the unknown.

I screamed as loud as I could for help, but to no avail, I couldn't scream, all I could do was listen. I began to sweat as I feared that I too would become a victim of... well... whatever this thing emitting the noise was. I stayed there, wherever I was, focusing on this strange noise, terrified that I could possibly be harmed.


I woke up, screaming and gasping, I was finally free from the grasp of that horrible experience.

"What the fuck!?" I cried in fright, my tear-filled eyes finally wide open, shivering with fear, drenched in sweat, I looked up, revealing the green trees and bushy canopy above me.

"... At least I didn't have that nightmare bitch this time!" I thought to myself, letting out a sigh of relief.

I rose off the ground in delight, breathing in the air of the forest. I was excited due to the fact that Rainbow Dash was going to bring supplies for me, give advice on how I can get more supplies for the rest of... however long I would stay here for.

"... How long will I REALLY be here for?!" I asked myself out loud in a concerning manner.

Time passed by as I just sat there, trying to do anything to occupy my time.

Then I heard another rustle in the bushes. I turned to look for the figure making noise, and I became immediately relieved. It was Rainbow Dash, she had come back with the supplies, chirping as she made her way through the bushes with ease

"Hey! Jason! I have everything!" she cried.

I was finally no longer alone, I now had someone who could help me.

Author's Note:

I am sorry for not uploading sooner guys, I do really want to finish this fanfiction, I have been doing a lot of schoolwork among other things, so I will keep finishing this story as much as I can.
Until next time, take care :)

Comments ( 7 )

I had remembered my best friends name.

friend's

I mumbled with happiness, chuckling shorty after

shortly

Then everything went silent again whatever was there was now once again gone.

It seems like the ‘whatever’ part is a new sentence.

I thought to myself, letting out a sigh in reality.

Is that meant to be ‘a sigh in/of relief’?

10191314
I'll edit these now, thank you for the corrections
I can always count on you :)

Dang Its been so long half the stuff in here I forgot. Xp

10192137
hahahahaha yeah, I am really sorry about the wait

10192271
It happens man, life I mean. Xd

11312001
Yep, it's almost as if he had been isolated for weeks and had seen no signs of any human life, but had been hunting animals the whole time with complete success.

Will this get updated?

Login or register to comment