• Published 19th Jan 2017
  • 1,613 Views, 50 Comments

Equestrian Fugitive - AnonymousWriter



The most wanted criminal, convicted of numerous murders and other crimes tells the Royal Guard that is guarding his cell how he ended up in Equestria before he is given the death penalty

  • ...
5
 50
 1,613

Chapter 5 - The Murder

"He has severe PTSD and is lucky he didn't do anything bad to cause any harm to himself." One of the few ponies surrounding the creature had said.

It had been around half an hour since the creature had lost consciousness. He was laying down on the mossy, dirty and uneven grey cobblestone of the cell floor the creature was staying in.

There were 4 ponies surrounding the creature laying down that all looked identical, wearing medical white uniforms. 3 stallions and 1 mare.

After the diagnosis, Night was told that he should make sure that the fugitive does not do anything life threatening to himself and if it were to get out of hooves he were to contact the doctors again.

And after everything was sorted, the doctors left without a word. The fugitive lay on his rusty prison bed, still unconscious.

Night felt sorry for the creature, although the fugitive had done terrible things, Night still felt remorseful.

Night had been sitting on his chair saying nothing. The cold temperature of the room made Night shiver.

He looked back at the creature who was shivering more than Night was. Night then realised how cold the creature must have been, staying in the same cell for a very long time.

He had decided to reach into the cell with his spear and gently tap the creature on the shoulder. On impact, the creature moaned, slowly got up and started rubbing his eyes.

Night quickly withdrew his spear and waited for the creature to notice him.

"MOM?!" The creature had shouted to no one.

The creature started turning around and when he saw Night he started breathing faster and had the biggest expression of fear painted on his face.

"Relax, I am not going to hurt you, ok? Calm down. Breathe."

The creature started to breathe slower.

Night then noticed something horrible.

The creature had bruises all over his body. His face, back and chest, all covered in bruises.

Its' swollen eyes were bloodshot with tears streaming down his face.

It was the worst thing Night had ever seen.

"WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU TODAY?!" Night asked in horror and disbelief.

"You don't know what it is like, at all. You don't know what it is like to get abused. Over and over and over again." The creature said.

Night was about to respond when the creature started speaking again.

"You don't know what It has been like for me living here for the past years. A number of times I have been beaten and beaten OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR THE PAST 3 GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING YEARS I HAVE BEEN IN THIS SHIT HOLE OF A PLACE! YOU HAVE BEEN LIVING THE GOOD LIFE AND SPENT SO MUCH TIME WITH YOUR LOVED ONES WHEN I HAVE BEEN COOPED UP HERE IN THIS FUCKING PLACE WITH NO FAMILY TO BE AROUND! NO ONE TO TALK TO OR NOT EVEN HAVING A FUCKING NORMAL LIFE!" The creature had burst out in rage. He began to start throwing things around the place.

"I don't. I haven't I probably never will. But you've got to know something." Night said.

Night brought his wooden chair forward, closer to the cell bars and leaned in towards the fugitive.

"I promise I will talk to you more often and I will help you with a few things tomorrow." Night said with remorse in his voice.

"Like what?" The creature asked Night with curiosity.

"You'll see." Night said in a mysterious tone.

Night began to get his notebook out of his bag, along with his pencil.

"Now can you tell me a little bit more of the story?" Night asked the creature, pencil in his mouth and ready to write down more of the story.

The creature smiled, then said, "I'd love to.".


Jason


It had been more than a few days and I had managed to hunt many animals. But there was a problem, I was running out of ammunition. I had started packing up my things when I heard a noise. It was the noise of leaves rustling, it was an animal.

I got my gun out and started searching for the source of the noise. I found it, it was emanating from bushes that were scraggly and green.

I couldn't see the animal that was behind it, but I took the shot.

The echo of the bullets scared birds away and ruptured through the valleys.

I heard the body of the animal fall limp.

As I was going to get the animal I heard a scream. Not an animal scream, a human scream, well at least it sounded human. I went to the other side of the bushes and found 2 colored miniature horses.

One was alive and well with a look of horror on its face. It had a shade of green for its fur and had a light tone of green and a darker tone of green stripes in its hair. It had some sort of harp instrument on both sides of its butt.

The other laid motionless, not moving, blood leaking out of the small hole in the side of its head. It had a tone of red for its fur and

"BERRY?! BERRY! ARE YOU OK?!" The other pony screamed at the limp and nonmoving one.

"What the fuck?!" I screamed.

"WHAT ARE YOU?! DID YOU JUST KILL MY FRIEND?!!" The pony screamed with anger.

"Woah, woah! It was an accident I didn't mean it! I swear!" I replied with a scared tone.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!" It shouted at me.

Before it could do anything else, I ran off in fear deeper into the woods.

I had been running for hours, far enough until could no longer hear the screams of the creature.

I was still trying to process what had just happened.

I stopped running and started questioning, huffing and puffing to myself. "Okay, think Jason. Just think. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT THING?! Holy shit. Holy fuck. HOKY FUCK! I JUST MURDERED AN INTELLIGENT CREATURE! WHAT HAVE I DONE!? I have to go back! I have to! Oh, fuck!".

I started panicking and began running back in the other direction to see if the things were still there. The bushes were rustling as I ran past them, faster than the De Lorian time machine.

When I had gotten back to where I had seen the creature, the was only a stain of blood. The creatures had left the forest.

"HOLY SHIT." I said out loud.

"I need to find them." I said with courage striding in my voice.

"I need to come clean and apologize." I then commanded to myself.

I grabbed my bag, and all of the stuff I had and started walking down the pathway, that the ponies most have been walking from, the rustling of the green trees and the sky as blue as the ocean that I had once seen.
I had started to feel warmer as the sunlight was getting brighter as there were fewer trees around the area.

I was out of the forest.

There was long meadows of cut grass and the rolling hills just up ahead of me, houses in the distance.

I needed to come clean to the creatures and seek help on getting me back home.

So I began planning on how I would introduce myself. I started speaking to myself.

"If I go out acting like an asshole I will be fucked. So I should formally introduce myself and-"

Then I was cut off by screams of anger in the distance. The yelling sounded like an army of Spartans charging fiercely, ready to attack their enemies. And the sound of the running was louder than a stampede of buffaloes.

I then saw a familiar figure standing on the hill right in front of me

"THERE IT IS! IT IS IS THE MURDERER!!" The familiar voice projected loudly and aggressively.

It was the green horse. She sounded really pissed off. I did not want to be around her.

I felt a shiver run down from my neck, along my spine and south to my tailbone, this was not going to be good at all.

I then started to see what the rest of the noise was.

A whole bunch of horses, all different colors, some had wings, some had horns and some of them had neither.

They were running at me.

"YOU KILLED ONE OF US!"

"YOU MONSTER!"

"FREAK OF NATURE!"

"YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME FATE AS BERRY!"

Some of the voices were shouting as they charged towards me, the ground shaking like a massive earthquake from an action movie.

I started to run back into the forest, the horses still coming at me.

While I was running I hid behind a tree, the ponies didn't notice me hide the tree and they all ran past me. Classic move.

I ran back out of the forest and towards the town.

When I got to the town, it was completely empty. I saw no one outside, the doors were barricaded and no one was in sight. I ran for five minutes to the very center of the town. When I got there I looked around. There was still not a single figure of life there. All I could hear was the rustling of the trees and the breeze. I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"HELLO?!"

No reply came.

"IS ANYONE HERE?!?"

There was still no reply.

Then I heard the sound of a wooden plank, drop to the ground.

I quickly spun around to where the sound came from and saw that there was an alleyway between two of the houses. There was a figure standing between the houses. I couldn't catch what it was. It then ran away.

"WAIT COME BACK!" I shouted towards the alleyway.

Sadly, all I heard was more of the whistling from the breeze and the trees swaying gently.

I decided that I would sit on one of the benches that were in the center of this mysterious town. I had a look at my surroundings.

There were a few more park benches lined up, lined up trees, a bridge going over a river, green grass mostly on the ground, all of the paths leading down separate roads, there were no birds around either.

It was very odd...

I sat on the bench for what felt like hours.

Until I suddenly saw another one of the horses in the distance sprinting towards me. I looked closer and saw the pony was wearing what looked like police wear, it was a police pony.

"I could try reasoning with it." I thought to myself as the pony came coming closer.

"STOP RIGHT THERE YOU MURDERER!" I heard the pony scream.

That was when I decided to make a run for it, somewhere else.

I did not want to go back into the forest, so I ran the other way out of town, down a dirt road.

I kept running until it got to a part of the road that met with a forest, a wooden sign with the words "White Tail Woods" on it.

The forest looked a lot less gloomy than the other forest I had been in, so I ran into the woods and didn't look back.


Present Day


"I think I am getting tired now." The Fugitive said with a yawn emanating from his mouth as he laid back onto his old, rusty bed.

"I just wish I could go home." He said once again.

"You have a home?" Night said. Night asked, thinking about what Celestia had commanded him to do while getting his book out.

"Yeah, I had a home, family a-" The Fugitive was cut off by the sound of a pencil writing words on a piece of paper.

He looked over and saw Night writing all of the information down on a new page of his notebook.

"Please don't tell anyone." The Fugitive said.

Night stopped and looked up at the creature, seeing fear in his eyes.

"Why not?" Night asked.

"There is this story from my home about a set of beings that discovered a new place with native beings living there. They had a war and the natives lost. I don't want that to happen to any of my family. Please sir, don't do this." The creature said.

Night felt sympathy for the creature. And scrunched up the paper, ran down the hall and threw the scrap paper out the window, and ran back.

"It's gone now, don't worry." Night said.

The creature smiled sincerely and said "Thank you.".

Before the creature went to bed Night asked him one more question.

"What is your name?" Night asked.

The creature gave him a look of fear.

"Never mind." Night said letting the creature go to sleep.

20 seconds later Night earned a reply.

"My name is Jason." The creature said.

"What an interesting name. Well goodnight, Jason." Night said with surprised.

"Good night, Night." Jason responded.

Silence then took its toll and not a sound was heard for the rest of the night.