• Published 19th Jan 2017
  • 1,613 Views, 50 Comments

Equestrian Fugitive - AnonymousWriter



The most wanted criminal, convicted of numerous murders and other crimes tells the Royal Guard that is guarding his cell how he ended up in Equestria before he is given the death penalty

  • ...
5
 50
 1,613

Chapter 3: The Story of Jason Sanders

Night had returned from his home and was late for work. He raced up to the solitary confinement with his food, water and armour, galloping as fast as if his life depended on it. He was holding a notebook with a pencil and ready to hear the creatures story.

"You came pretty late huh?" The creature said. "Yeah I know right? It wa- oh I know what you are doing." Night said. "I have no clue what you are talking about." The creature said. "Now tell me the story." Night said. "Ok ok. Here I go."


Jason Sanders

Silence. That was all there was. Nothing else, just silence. I started to hear things. Rustling trees, birds. The I opened my eyes. I had woken up. I felt a terrible pain in my head. I had no clue where I was, what time, day or year it was or how I had gotten to this place, but I knew who I was and where I had come from, my family, my home and my friends. I knew everything. But I just did not know how I had woken up in a random place like this. It was a forest. A dark forest.

I was next to a large pond, little fish swimming among the blue rippling water and I was extremely wet and my head was in a massive amount of non stop pain. I was lying next to a rock meaning I probably fell from a high place, hit my head and blacked out.

I went with the idea that I was suffering from short term amnesia. There was no signs of life around me except for insects, their noises the fish and the trees surrounding me. "HELLO?!" I shouted with a nervous tone. No one was around. No one there to help. No one there to save me.

I started to cry. The tiers ran down my face and into the wet sand that was below me, presumably emanating from the pond.

I checked everything I had one me. A back pack and clothes. I checked the back pack and knew right away it was my survival kit. I had earned it at my scout group I attended. I took it everywhere. I must have taken it with me and somehow I was maybe hiking up a mountain and fell off a cliff and survived.

In the backpack there was a box of matches, my cracked (but still working) phone, a machete, a first aid kit and a 22 LR Semi automatic rifle with a scope.

Oh the good old 22, the gun that my father once held in his own hands. I started to think of when he taught me how to use the gun and we were shooting bottles.

I decided to walk in a random direction with my knife in my hand in case a predator randomly pounced out. I walked for an estimated time of 25 minutes and climbed a tall tree.

I could see houses in the distance. But these houses did not look normal and decided to stay away from it in case it was foreign and hostile. Maybe primitive due to no cars being there. Which gave me more of a reason to stay in the forest area.

I went back down the tree and took a five minute hike backwards and stopped at a random place and raked some leaves with my hands and started cutting a tree with my machete and grabbed the logs from the tree to form a campfire. I was next to a small freshwater pond where I could gather freshwater and stay hydrated.

I used my scouting knowledge and gathered enough sticks and leaves and made a small shelter that looked like a triangular shaped swag that got smaller when it got longer. It was 2 metres long and 1 meter wide. Then I knew that due to the feelings I was experiencing, I had to go hunting for food.

I was hungry.

I grabbed my first aid kit, my gun and hid behind a fallen tree but still able to see beyond the tree with my gun going through a hole in the tree that was just able to fit the scope and barrel into and I waited. 1 hour had gone past and I was really hungry.

I was about to go back to my campsite when suddenly I saw a spark of hope, a deer walking into the view of the scope and eating grass. It then looked up. Perfect timing for me.

I carefully aimed until the scope was dead centre on its head. I took the shot and the bullet went right through its head. The deer was instantly killed and it fell to the ground with a thud. I ran over to it and dragged it back to the campsite. I skinned it with the machete for a blanket, put the meat over the fire and waited half an hour.

It had been half an hour and I went over to the fire and consumed the deer meat at a fast speed.


Present Time

"Well I really need to sleep right now, I will have to go to bed now, I will see you tomorrow night then?" The creature asked Night.

"Unfortunately." Night mumbled. Night had actually been interested with the story and was a little eager to hear the rest of the story.

"Well, good night!" It said back to Night. Night didn't reply.

It was morning and Night had been given his daily salary and left the cell while the creature was still sleeping. He left the gates of the castle and looked back.

The castle that towered higher than any building he had seen before. He then returned to his house and went to bed until it was time to start work again...