• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 1,507 Views, 13 Comments

There For You - Psyga315



You have had depression for a good chunk of your life, but it seems there'll be a bright light in your life in the form of a beautiful yet blind girl by the name of Snowdrop. This is the story of how she helped you cope.

  • ...
7
 13
 1,507

Love Life's DOA

You went into the office and sat. Your heart raced. You know being called to the office meant one of two things.

One, your mother came by to pick you up for something, which would inevitably result in you getting home early.

Or two, you’re about to be scolded by a teacher.

The lack of a warm, if rather tight, hug once you entered the office told you very well which of those two was the case.

The door swung open as Ms. Spitfire walked into the room. Following her was…

Derpy.

Your blood began to run cold as she walked slowly into the room. Spitfire glanced at you as you bolted up and followed her to one of the offices inside. You sat down next to Derpy. You shot a bit of a glance at her. You still remembered the first time you met her.


You were invited to a party filled with other disabled children. At first, you feared you’d be lumped into the less abled children, the ones who can’t speak and can only moan out and flail their arms about, but thankfully, this party was full of either socially awkward people with mental conditions or people who are either slow in thinking or had learning disabilities.

Either case, you were pretty sociable with them, even if you were the wallflower of the bunch. You arrived just when the party was being set up and you, tired from getting to said party via bus, sat on a chair.

That’s when she rushed in, tripped, and fell on top of you.

Thankfully, the chair didn’t break and you caught her in your arms. You never had any good hugs from anyone but close relatives before, so this was a new sensation, especially when she held you longer than what was normally allowed. She pulled back and you could see her.

Admittedly, she was about a seven out of ten in terms of cuteness, but you had a nice glow in your heart. You looked at her, and it’s as if the entire world went monochrome, with the only thing in color being this blonde.

“Sorry about that…” Derpy giggled.

“N-no… That’s okay…” You blushed. The rest of the night was spent in close proximity to Derpy. She was a pretty clumsy girl, so whenever she tripped, you always were there to pick her up. You were perhaps her prince in shining armor.

You were a huge romantic. You had hit that age of puberty where you viewed girls as something other than icky. Though, not to the degree that most teenage boys reach to. Perhaps it was because of all the children animated films that cashed in on the Disney formula of falling in love with a person you barely met engineering your brain to accept that as love.

You never knew how one would fall in love, so you presumed that the feeling inside your heart each time you caught Derpy in your arms and she looked at you with her wall eyes was that feeling that the princes and princesses sing to each other over a wishing well or in the middle of a starry night.


“Do you know why I called you two here?” Ms. Spitfire’s sharp tone struck you like a ruler.

“N-no…” Bullcrap. You knew exactly why you were called here. Especially with Derpy.

See, it was no secret that the people teaching the mentally disabled were teaching them on how to cope with the outside world. These include stuff like how to get a job, public transit, and the topic you’re definitely going to be hearing from this teacher’s mouth…

“Well, I’ve been noticing that you guys have been getting too… touchy feely.” Good Touch vs. Bad Touch. You and Derpy shared a lunch period together and as soon as you two finished your food, you and her would walk around the school and usually sit to cuddle. Though that was it. Cuddling. And by God, was it the most relaxing activity in that whole school. More so than goofing around on the computer. “We taught Derpy all about how she shouldn’t hug people randomly. That there’s a time and a place for that.” She said.

You saw Derpy frown. This was more of a Derpy problem than it was an Anon problem. Hell, you could have just been in class while Spitfire chewed out Derpy like a strip of gum.

Though, when Spitfire looked to you, that’s when you realized why she called you here.

“And you have been enabling her to do such an act. There’s going to be strict consequences if you don’t stop…” She said.

“L-like?” You asked. Ms. Spitfire smirked.

“For one, I can have it so that your cafeteria privileges are revoked.” She said.

“B-but where will I eat? What will I eat?” You asked.

“I’ll be keeping a close eye on you as you eat in the core resource room. And I do hope your mom can pack you a lunch…” Your mom had such a busy schedule that packing your lunches was out of the question. In fact, you could still feel the wad of money she gave you at the start of the week.

This was an ultimatum. It had to be. You looked at Derpy as she frowned. Your body became as cold as ice. You could almost shiver with how chilled to the bone you were. Spitfire didn’t even need to tell you what the choice is.

Either you lose your right to eat food or you lose your love. Derpy looked to you to see your response. You grimaced and dug your fingernails right into your legs. You had no choice.

“F-fine… I won’t see Derpy again.” Okay, that escalated quickly, you thought. That’s when you realized that the lack of medication meant you pretty much let your anxiety get the better of you. Spitfire didn’t exactly smile at your response… as for Derpy…

It tore your heart in half to see her begin to uncontrollably cry. Your heart tore itself into quarters when you had to tell yourself that you can’t hold her and comfort her. You’re no longer allowed to be a part of her life. You weren’t allowed to love her anymore. You weren’t allowed to love.

You will never find love.


You went back to your class and it’s pretty obvious to the other students that you weren’t yourself.

“H-hey, you okay?” A girl in your class asked you as you just stared at your textbook. You just got up and ran out of the classroom. You didn’t want to tell them. Would they understand the pain of breaking up?


As you ran through the halls, you notice two teachers stop you.

“Hey, Anon, are you alright?” Ms. Peachbottom asked you.

“…” You didn’t want to speak to them. You just wanted to run. The longer you stayed in school, the longer you could feel pain. Before you did, though, Ms. Peachbottom grabbed your hand.

“I know it’s difficult, but you need to calm down.” Calm down? You just lost the only thing in your world that made sense. The only comforting spot in the world. You were torn from her by Ms. Spitfire and you’re being told to calm down?

Fuck that noise.

You pulled her hand away violently while making your anger known through a growl. You tried to make a break for it, but the other teacher, Mrs. Harshwhinny, grabbed you, took your arms and folded them together, restraining them. Such an uncomfortable feeling of pain. You tried to break free, but she held the arms tighter.

“Get him in the room!” Mrs. Harshwhinny said. The room. It was made to be a place of calm and reflection. Closed off from the world to allow those to relax.

At least that’s what it was meant to be on paper.

In execution, it was something far worse. You were dragged to a gray padded room with a rough gray carpet. You were soon tossed in. As you tumbled onto the rough carpet, the door immediately closed. You ran to the door and tried to open it by turning the knob, but it was stuck. It wasn’t locked, as there were no mechanisms. You saw the teacher through the mesh window and knew that one of them was holding the knob.

You heard the beeping of the school bell. It was time for lunch. No! Not now! Your only time to eat in school! You banged on the door.

“LET ME GO TO LUNCH!” You shouted. They ignored you. You continued to scream your head off for the next few moments. The anxiety has been unleashed into pure unadulterated rage. This continued for the entirety of the lunch period.

By that point, you were drained and hungry. The door opened as Ms. Peachbottom came to you and helped you up.

“Have you calmed down now?” She asked you. You had no words. She escorted you to the cafeteria. It was closing up, but they had just a slice of pizza to give away before closing. Thankfully Ms. Peachbottom paid for you. She took you to a table in the empty cafeteria and watched you eat. She tried to talk to you, but you ignored her.

Everything afterward was a blur. You had half a mind to thank Ms. Peachbottom for taking you to your next class and helping you reintegrate with what was going on, but your other half blocked it away. You just wanted the day to end.


Thankfully, the day did end. You were back on the bus. You were sitting in your seat. You were all alone as Eric went to go get the kids. You…

Were alone.

As you sat in your seat, the revelation of never seeing Derpy again hit you to the core. Like your rage, your sadness was unleashed as you broke down into a fit of tears.

“This way, Snowdrop.” You heard Ms. Peachbottom escort Snowdrop over to the bus. You were too busy bawling to notice her, though. That’s when you felt something push you to the window. You looked over, tears stopping.

Snowdrop was looking at you. You never saw her icy blue eyes up close before, but you were blown away with how beautifully unique they were. Unlike other eyes, her eyes looked very cloudy. Even her pupils were a cloudy blue, almost merging with her iris. She placed her hand on your face, feeling it up and wiping away your tears. She smiled and placed her hand down on your lap.

“Hello.” She said.

“H-hi…” You said back. She took a moment to respond.

“Are you alright, Anon?” She asked you.

“Yeah… I’m okay.” You said. You just saw her frown.

“No… You’re not okay.” She said. Those words just slammed you like a hammer. They were so true. Eric went on the bus and went to Snowdrop.

“Hey, um… I think you got on the wrong seat.” Eric said.

“Oh… Um… Sorry. I’m still getting used to the bus and thought this was my seat. Could you help me up?” She asked. Eric took her hand and took her to her seat. You laid your head against the window and just cried a bit.

As the bus pulled into Snowdrop’s home and her mom came out to take her in, you saw Snowdrop give you a glance. Other than that bright spot in your life, the rest of your day was a blur. You remembered you and your dad having a talk about love, what Ms. Spitfire told him, and what you told him in response. Other than taking you out to Freddy Fazbear’s, there was nothing that would fix your life.

Nothing except those calming blue eyes…

Comments ( 7 )

See you in a year.

7431384
So, I guess I am not the only one who thinks that too?

Please continue.

Any News?

10109678
I pretty much shelved this, but I can try to get another chapter up in my free time.

10109717
Please do its interesting.

Login or register to comment