• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 1,504 Views, 13 Comments

There For You - Psyga315



You have had depression for a good chunk of your life, but it seems there'll be a bright light in your life in the form of a beautiful yet blind girl by the name of Snowdrop. This is the story of how she helped you cope.

  • ...
7
 13
 1,504

Life Was Gonna Be This Way

You sat on the leather seat of the bus as it pulled away from your house. You were the first to be picked up. That’s how it always was. It wasn’t like most buses where they’d pick you up on the side of the road. No. This was a special sort of bus.

Though, you could obviously tell because of how its size is practically a third of a normal bus. Yes. You rode on the short bus. A bus only reserved for stories told around the campfire. A bus that is dedicated solely to transport those outcast from normal society thanks to either physical or mental conditions. To ride on one means that you were afflicted by such.

Your condition wasn’t as bad as most other cases, though. Your mood, however, was pretty bad. One moment you can be as bright and sunny as the day and another you could break down into tears like you just saw your mom dying after she ran over Bambi’s mom. You tapped your finger on the window. You just remembered that you had forgotten to take your medicine this morning.

Though, that’s when you notice the bus wasn’t going down the usual street.

“Hey, we’re gonna make a stop. We’re picking up a new student.” There was a benefit to riding a short bus. Your bus driver, a tan skinned man in his forties by the name of Eric, spoke to you and the other students on the bus regularly. Guess he figured to brighten up your days before high school tore them down. The bus stopped by what looked to be a pretty fancy house. Granted, it was in a neighborhood full of other fancy houses, but for a bus to be in this part of the town…

The owner must have some serious balls to have this bus come and have their child hop on every single morning, all while their neighbors could see said bus. You couldn’t help but feel sorry for them. Even more so when you saw a woman opening the door and leading their child out to the bus.

“There she is!” Eric said as he waved his arm and pointed to the two. You breathe in as the door opened. The woman led her daughter in as if she was a lost animal. As you saw the girl walk in, you saw her vivid blue eyes and fluffy, icy blue hair. She looked to be around your age and wore the standard high school uniform of navy blue pants, a gray blue sweatshirt and a dark blue undershirt.

“Come here.” Her mom said as you saw the girl walk towards her while sweeping a stick on the ground from left to right, hitting your seat as she did. When she got to her mom, she stopped and sat on the seat assigned to her. “Thank you. It’ll be a few days before Snowdrop gets adjusted to the bus.” She said.

“No problem.” He said as she got out of the bus. Once she was five feet away, the bus drove off. The bus picked up the usual people, including those on wheelchairs. You stayed in your seat. However, when the bus driver got out of the bus to get the wheelchair lift ready, you turned around to look at the girl. You didn’t say anything, though she didn’t seem to notice you. She seemed blissfully unaware of your existence.

The mechanics of the lift whirled as you sat back into your seat. You recognized the girl with gray braided twintails, a bandaged forehead, and a dollar store quality wheelchair. It was Jinx, a poor girl who lost the use of her legs in a traffic accident a year ago.

“Hey! A new kid!” Jinx’s voice rang across the bus as she wheeled herself to the front. Despite her accident, however she seemed just as bright as ever.

“H-huh? Who’s there?” For the first time, you heard her voice and never before had you heard something so soft and fragile. There was a slight twinge with her voice. You decided to try and help her.

“Oh, that’s Jinx.” You knelt on the bus seat like you did to get a look at her. For the first time, she looked at you with her eyes and spoke directly to you.

“O-oh! Who are you?” She asked.

“I’m Anon...” You extended your hand forward, though it just hung in front of her face, as if she was unsure what to do with it.

“H-hi… I’m Snowdrop.” She said. Snowdrop. That was a lovely name. It took five seconds before you took your hand away, knowing full well she’s not gonna shake it anytime soon. She soon spoke up. “Jinx, could you say something?” She asked.

“Hey, Snowdrop!” Jinx said.

“H-hi…” She slightly waved. The rest of the bus ride went uneventful save for the various introductions you and the other passengers have to make. You often found that weird, but you didn’t let it get to you.


The bus arrived at the school as you were the first to get off. You only went back just to see why Snowdrop hadn’t gotten off. Unlike most of the others on the bus, she seemed capable to get up on her own without help. You approached her.

“H-hey…” You said to her. She looked at you.

“Anon?” She asked.

“Um… We’re here. Aren’t you going to get off the bus?” I asked.

“Oh… Well… Could you help me out?” She asked. The bus driver didn’t seem to mind. You nodded. You were about to give her your hand, but you realized how she didn’t notice you before. You, instead, decided to say you were gonna give your hand and see if there was a difference.

“Take my hand.” You said. She instantly grabbed it and you felt her soft, warm hand touch yours. You stopped for a brief moment to admire how beautiful Snowdrop looked. You softly pulled her out of her seat and led her by the hand over to the school entrance where two teachers were coming out.

“Ah, that’s nice! Anon’s helping out a student.” One of the teachers said.

“Morning, Ms. Peachbottom.” You said. Ms. Peachbottom hovered her hand on yours.

“We’ll take it from here.” She said as she grabbed Snowdrop’s hand. You let go and walked away, looking at Snowdrop as she stared blankly at your general direction. You smiled softly and walked through the hall. You recognized this soft glow in your heart as love.

“Heeeeeey!” You heard a mad stampede of shoes clacking on the plastic flooring as you nearly got rundown by a well-endowed blonde woman. She stopped, only to hold you as your head rested softly on her shoulder. “How’s my favorite friend?” Derpy asked you.

“Pretty good.” You said. To be fair, you were correct in that regard. Usually there’d be one screw already loose in your day, but here, it seemed to be no hitch. You put your backpack away and took out the books needed for first period. Derpy walked with you to class while you gave her a smile. It was no secret that you and Derpy had been dating and when you approached the door outside of the classroom, you and her made your public display of affection.

First, it began with a hug, then what became a peck on the lips became full on Frenching. You adored the way she hugged you as you kissed. You loved her bubbly giggle when you hugged back. When you held her, it felt like you were at the most comfortable place in the world. You let go of her and entered the class room. You smiled, feeling like nothing will wreck your day…

Then came second period, when you were called into the office.