• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 1,319 Views, 52 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare. Pinkie Pie's double life as Spider Mare is about to be turned upside down, thanks to the return of Cheese Sandwich, and a mysterious alien suit with a mind of its own. Enter, Venom!

  • ...
6
 52
 1,319

Meanwhile in Manehattan

While Pinkie Pie tried to sort out her feelings for Cheese Sandwich (as well as get used to her new spider suit), trouble was brewing in Manehattan.

Inside the maximum security prison known as Alicorntraz (it was said to be impossible for even an alicorn to escape once inside), two of the super villains that Spider Mare had defeated were about to meet each other.


The Scorpion grumbled, as the guards occasionally poked at her with their clubs. "Come on lady, keep moving!" They would often say. "Prison regulations state all inmates are allowed a change of scenery for at least one hour a day. But if you'd rather stay and rot in your cell for the rest of your days, be our guest."

"You boys with your clubs," The Scorpion complained, wishing more than anything that she could remove the device fixed to her tail that prevented her from spraying acid. "You think that just because I've got a cork in my tail, you can push me around. You're nothing but a bunch of bullies!"

The guards took no notice, and simply pushed the Scorpion into the center of the prison, where all the inmates had gathered. Some of them were engaged in arm wrestling contests with others looking on, some sat in chairs or on sofas and read the newspaper, still others lifted weights or practiced their free throws on a small basketball court.

"Play nice, young filly," the guards teased. "Cause any trouble, and you'll spend the rest of your days in solitary confinement. The last guy who got thrown in there was a real mess when his sentence was up." And with a laugh, the two guards left but not before closing and locking the doors to all the hallways leading to the exterior.

Not particularly in the mood to socialize, The Scorpion absent mindedly sat down on a dull red sofa. When she did so, she was surprised to hear a female voice angrily snap "Hey, I was here first! Get your own sofa!"

The Scorpion was surprised to see a mare in a purple suit with black gloves, and a glowing green mane that appeared to have been forcibly styled and held up with locks stare into her eyes. "Oh, I'm ever so sorry," The Scorpion said sarcastically. "I hardly noticed a waste of space like you amidst all this low class trash in this stinking cesspool they call a prison!"

"You have some nerve talking like to that me!" the mare hissed in reply. "For your information, you're looking at the one and only Mane-iac! I used to just be a humble stallion running an innocent comic book store, then all thanks to that pesky Spider Mare I lost everything!"

"Did you say, Spider Mare?" The Scorpion asked, perking up her ears. "That wouldn't by any chance be the same Spider Mare who thwarted my attempt at sticking it to that so called stallion who left me for dead, then practically replaced me with his childhood crush who goes by the name of Spoiled! She's just a gold digger!"

"I don't know much about that stallion you're speaking of," The Mane-iac replied. "However, if the Spider Mare that came after you wore a red spider like costume with black lining, and a blue shirt, then I think you and I may have something in common."

"Well, it's funny you should mention that, because that's exactly what Spider Mare looked like when she defeated me," The Scorpion said with a fiendish chuckle. "Perhaps the two of us should team up and break out of this prison? Then we can hunt down Spider Mare together!"

"Oh, I'd like that a lot," The Mane-iac laughed, before she sighed unhappily. "But let's face the facts, it's not like we can just waltz up to the guards and make them release us. They've found ways to restrict our powers so we can't fight back. And if we try to sneak our way, the security systems will catch us for sure."

"Darn it! There's got to be a way out of this dump!" The Scorpion grumbled. "I'm sick and tired of the conditions here, even the rats get better treatment than we do!"

"Hey, keep it down you two!" a masculine voice called from afar. "They're not paying me enough to run a foalsitting service here!" Said voice belonged to Josh "Joseph" Hooves, an earth pony stallion of average height with a coat the darkest shade of pink possible, a bushy mane and tail a dark navy blue in color, and yellow trim glasses that reflected his brown eyes, which gave off a look of intelligence. Josh was currently clad in a white lab coat.

"Sorry," The Mane-iac apologized through much gritting of teeth. "I didn't know we were interrupting your concentration, four eyes."

"Very funny," Josh replied, barely containing his anger. "One more remark like that, and you can go back to your cell! It's bad enough the guards expect me to watch over you all like a bunch of little kids, instead of doing the job themselves. Thank Celestia they have the decency to put security cameras in this place, so I can keep an eye you without actually having to keep an eye on you."

"Don't worry, we'll behave," The Scorpion promised, though under her breath she added. "As long as we feel like it anyway."

"That's better," Josh sighed. "Now, if there are no more interruptions, I've got some important science stuff to work on." And he retreated to his lab.


Josh strolled leisurely into his lab, humming a little tune to himself. Working his way past the vast assortment of beakers and vials (all neatly organized in alphabetical order), he approached the project that currently commanded his attention, a fragment of the meteorite that had crash landed in Ponyville just a few nights ago.

"Alrighty, let's see what sort of secrets you're hiding. Maybe we can even track down the source of your energy surges, and find a way to harness that power." Josh said to the meteorite fragment, as he slipped on a pair of safety goggles, and carefully placed the fragment under a specially designed microscope.

Moments ticked by, as Josh examined every square inch of the meteorite fragment quite thoroughly. But the source of the energy surges proved to be very elusive, even after he checked and rechecked to make sure he hadn't missed anything. Then, just as he was about to give up, Josh spotted something out of the corner of his eye. Quickly but carefully moving the meteorite fragment until the southern tip of it was directly under the microscope lens, Josh's heart began to race! If he had seen what he thought he saw, he was about to become known as the greatest scientific mind in recent memory (the thought of which delighted him to no end)!

"Well, well," Josh said to himself, anticipation and adrenaline surging through his body! "What have we here?!" He had managed to locate what appeared to be an innocent blackish-blue blob resting just beneath the surface of the meteorite fragment, thus making it invisible to the naked eye. But much to Josh's delight, the blob began to move, as if it were alive. "So, you're the one responsible for those crazy energy readings," Josh said eagerly, a massive grin forming on his face! "Just wait til I make these findings public! I'm going to be the most famous scientist in all of Equestria! No, in all of the known world!"

However, at that very moment, the blob leaped up from its resting place! Before Josh had a chance to realize what was going on, the blob attacked him! Taken by surprise, and in a state of sheer panic, Josh stumbled backwards! Suddenly, he lost his balance, and fell to the ground! But not before accidentally knocking over the table of beakers and vials, some of which contained powerful chemicals!

In a matter of seconds, a devestating explosion ripped through the lab, followed shortly afterward by a raging fire! Smoke billowed into the air, as warning alarms blared loudly over and over again! If anyone had been watching, they would've seen the blackish-blue blob take on a monster like form for a brief second, before screaming and vanishing amidst the flames.

Surprisingly, Josh had somehow managed to survive the explosion, but now found himself overcome by the heat of the flames and the choking smoke. But no one was coming to his rescue, or at least to try and stop the fire. "Why is nopony coming to save me?!" Josh thought angrily to himself. Then, a realization struck him! "They're all jealous of me! From the very first day they've pushed me around and insulted me, and all because I'm simply smarter than they are!" Just before he slipped into unconsciousness, Josh muttered weakly to himself, "I'll make them pay! Somehow, I will find a way!"

Little did Josh know, that thanks to the chemicals he had spilled, he was about to get his wish. For, as he faded into unconsciousness, his body began to change. Turning from a solid fur coat, into pure electrical energy.

Author's Note:

Josh will become Electro, who will be the main villain of the next few chapters. Rest assured that the symbiote suit and Cheese Sandwich will come into play during that time.

The Scorpion and The Mane-iac will also be returning for a while, though their roles will not be as major.