• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 1,318 Views, 52 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare. Pinkie Pie's double life as Spider Mare is about to be turned upside down, thanks to the return of Cheese Sandwich, and a mysterious alien suit with a mind of its own. Enter, Venom!

  • ...
6
 52
 1,318

New Suit, Old Friend

Despite how exhausted she felt, Pinkie Pie found it surprisingly hard to fall asleep that night. Her concern about Starlight Glimmer kept her awake. Of course, Pinkie Pie knew there was little she could've done even if she had been there when the accident occurred. But having already lost her uncle and the love of her life, the thought of losing somepony else prematurely troubled her to no end.

Eventually, Pinkie Pie was able to drift off to sleep, but even then she would not know peace. For that night, as she slept, she was unaware of the blackish-blue slime like substance as it slowly slid off her spider suit, and enveloped her.


Meanwhile, in her dreams, Pinkie PIe was suffering a most unusual nightmare. She found herself running from some unspecified monster that seemed to be just like the slime that had attached itself to her spider suit a short time ago.

Pinkie Pie ran and ran, only to find that the monster was right behind her every step of the way. And no matter what she did, she could not put any distance between herself and said monster. In fact, the more she ran, the closer the monster seemed to draw.

In the blink of an eye, the monster caught up to Pinkie Pie, reaching down and grabbing her with a claw. However, at that very moment, a creature that looked just her spider suit popped up and reached out to Pinkie Pie. The two giant creatures began a game of tug of war with Pinkie Pie, dragging her back and forth, as they both tried to snatch her away.

At last, the blackish-blue slime monster won the battle and pulled Pinkie Pie away. It opened its mouth, and tossed Pinkie Pie into it. Pinkie PIe shut her eyes.


Pinkie Pie jolted awake with a start, a cold sweat working its way down her spine. Then, she blinked and rubbed her eyes. She was not seeing things, somehow she had managed to sleep walk her way out of her bed and out of her room. She was perched outside of Sugarcube Corner, looking at the building from an upside down perspective.

But the big shock to her, was what she was wearing. For Pinkie Pie was not dressed in her spider suit (she could easily remember tossing it aside without fanfare upon entering her bedroom), yet she still had a costume on. This costume (or suit) was a borderline blackish-blue with white lines, and felt rather different (almost as if it were alive). On the back side of it, was a white spider shaped logo, and the same logo appeared on the front.

"I don't recall making a new spider suit, or asking Rarity to make one for me," Pinkie Pie thought to herself. "And while I'm at, how did I end up out here?"

Unable to come up with a satisfying answer, Pinkie Pie quickly but quietly swung her way back into her bedroom. This time, she made sure to lock the door, and close and lock the windows. Then, she eyed her old spider suit, which remained in the corner it had been tossed into. "Good, at least I still have the original, in case this one gets torn up." And with that, she threw herself back upon her bed and fell asleep at once.


Pinkie Pie woke up the next morning feeling quite refreshed. For the first time in what felt like ages, she had slept well. Yawning and stretching a bit, Pinkie Pie pulled herself out of bed, and took a good look at herself in a mirror. It was then that she saw that the events of last night were not a dream, she had a brand new spider suit that felt surprisingly strong and flexiable. But she was still at a loss as to how she had obtained it.

Pinkie Pie quickly shook her head to clear her thoughts. "I'm thinking too much," she thought to herself. "I needn't look this gift horse in the mouth. Now I can finally give that old suit a rest, maybe even send it away for repairs." And with that thought process in mind, Pinkie Pie prepared to head downstairs and have breakfast, before she would stop by Twilight's castle to see if there was any update on Starlight's condition.

However, at that very moment, there was a light knock on Pinkie's bedroom door. Pinkie Pie froze, as she realized she was still in her new spider suit, and she had no idea of how to take it off! She couldn't find a zipper, or buttons, or anything. The suit seemed to be made of some sort of foreign material.

"Pinkie, are you up yet?" Mrs. Cake called from the other side of the door.

"Yes Mrs. Cake." Pinkie Pie answered back.

"Good, because you have a visitor," Mrs. Cake added in a sweet tone of voice. "He's come all the way from the edges of Equestria to see you again. I'm sure you'll recognize him."

"No, it can't be him. Can it?" Pinkie Pie thought to herself, as the door knob slowly turned. Quickly remembering that she had locked the door last night, Pinkie Pie dashed over to it and opened it. As she did so, she was unaware that her new spider suit was slowly retracting.

In a burst of confetti, Cheese Sandwich sprang through the open doorway and tackled Pinkie Pie into a massive hug. "Hey there, Pinkie! Long time no see!" Cheese Sandwich greeted cheerfully. "Did you miss me?!"

"Of course I did," Pinkie Pie quickly admitted with a nod, then she asked Cheese Sandwich "But what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be off throwing parties all over Equestria?"

"Hey, even a super duper party pony like yours truly needs a break every now and then," Cheese Sandwich replied. "So, I figured I'd come to Ponyville for a little rest and relaxation. Plus, I wanted to see how my inspiration was doing. You fighting the good fight and stuff?"

"Huh... oh yeah, yeah, of course!" Pinkie Pie stuttered. "In fact, I'm doing so good that crime in Equestria is at an all time low. At least, up until last night anyway."

Cheese Sandwich quickly sensed Pinkie Pie's unhappiness, and it pained him greatly. He hated seeing Pinkie Pie so upset. "Hey, what's the matter?" he asked politely. "Was it something I said?"

Pinkie Pie shook her head. "No, it's not your fault. Last night, an armor plated stallion broke into Twilight's castle and made off with a meteorite fragment. I managed to stop him, but not before Starlight hurt herself badly trying to attack him."

"Oh yes, I remember you writing to me about Starlight Glimmer," Cheese Sandwich replied. "What happened to her?"

"She got struck by her own blast of magic, and now she's in pretty bad shape," Pinkie Pie told Cheese Sandwich. "The doctors say she may not pull through." At that moment, Pinkie Pie could feel something trying to work its way up to try and overwhelm her.

"Are you okay, Pinkie?" Cheese Sandwich asked nervously, as he saw Pinkie's strained face.

"I'll.... be.... fine," Pinkie Pie said, even though she was gritting her teeth. "Just.... need to... get a little fresh air." And she raced past Cheese Sandwich and out the door before he could say or do anything to stop her.

Cheese Sandwich was concerned. "It's not like Pinkie Pie to act like this," he thought to himself. "Something's bothering her, but what could it be?" Then he sighed. "I guess my announcement is going to have to wait for a better time."

Author's Note:

The nightmare scene is based on a similar scene from "Spiderman: The Animated Series".

And as I mentioned earlier, Cheese Sandwich is playing both the role of Venom and the role of Marry Jane. Trust me, there will be a happy ending for him and for Pinkie Pie.