• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 1,319 Views, 52 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare. Pinkie Pie's double life as Spider Mare is about to be turned upside down, thanks to the return of Cheese Sandwich, and a mysterious alien suit with a mind of its own. Enter, Venom!

  • ...
6
 52
 1,319

Pinkie's Puzzling Predicament

It was almost midnight by the time Pinkie Pie returned home from Manehattan, and she was glad that was so. After what had almost happened with Electro, Pinkie found herself overcome with fear. "What if it happens again?" she thought nervously to herself, as she silently approached Sugarcube Corner. "Heck, why did it happen in the first place? It was like something was trying to control me, make me do things I wouldn't normally do. But that can't be, can it? Could there be some sort of spell placed on this new suit that altered my emotions?"

Carefully swinging onto the balcony leading to her room, Pinkie Pie sat there and remained perched for a while, as she gazed up at the moonlit sky, reflecting on her other problem: What to do with Cheese Sandwich's "feelings" towards her. "I want to be with him, but at the same time, I don't know if I can throw myself into danger knowing that he'll be waiting for me to return. I don't want to lose him like I lost Uncle Al and Pokey Pierce."

At last, unable to come up with a satisfying answer, Pinkie Pie went into her room. The new suit slowly vanishing, as she fell onto her bed and closed her eyes. It had been a long night, and sleep looked like it was not going to come easily.


Pinkie Pie didn't wake up next morning until well after the rooster had crowed. Despite managing to get a few hours sleep, she felt no happier about either of her situations than she had the night before.

For a moment, Pinkie eyed her old spider suit, which sat lonely and neglected in the corner. "Maybe I should just go back to the old suit," she thought to herself. "At least then I knew for sure I was in control of my emotions." But a voice in the back of her head said to her "Now's not the time to change back to the old suit. You'll need the enhanced powers of your current suit for as long as Electro remains at large."

Unable to think of a good counter argument, Pinkie walked past her old spider suit, and headed downstairs. First thing's first, she needed to find Cheese Sandwich, and confirm that she wasn't perhaps misinterpreting his behavior. The last thing she wanted was to make a fool of herself by assuming Cheese Sandwich loved her, only to find out he actually didn't. Of course, Pinkie Pie was ninety nine percent certain Cheese Sandwich at least had a crush on her, but there was only one way she could find out for sure.

It didn't take long for Pinkie to find Cheese Sandwich, he happened to be out and about in the center of town. And as soon as Pinkie laid eyes on him, she felt a knot in her stomach growing tighter and tighter. She knew what she would need to ask, and what the likely response was going to be. The only thing she hadn't worked out yet, was what she would say if her suspicions were proven correct.

"Hello, Pinkie. So nice to see you again, especially on a nice day like this." Cheese Sandwich greeted with a smile.

"It's nice to see you too, Cheese Sandwich," Pinkie Pie replied, barely able to force a smile. "In fact, I've been looking for you. There's... something we need to discuss."

"What's wrong?" Cheese Sandwich asked. "Are you feeling okay?"

With a sigh, Pinkie Pie reluctantly decided to ask the big question. "You love me, don't you?"

Cheese Sandwich eagerly replied. "Of course I love you, Pinkie. Ever since that faithful party all those years ago, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Part of the reason why I came to Ponyville was so I could spend time with you. Why do you ask?"

"Just needed to make sure I wasn't assuming things," Pinkie Pie explained, sighing once again. "Of course, I had a hunch you were in love with me. But a part of me didn't want to believe it until I heard it from you."

"Well, now you know. So, how do you feel about me?" Cheese Sandwich asked Pinkie. "Be honest, I'll understand if perhaps this is too soon. It's only been the better half of a year since Pokey Pierce's death, and I know you still miss him dearly."

"It's not Pokey Pierce that's the problem," Pinkie Pie replied, the smile fading from her face. "I know he'd want me to move on and be happy with somepony else. And it's not you either, you're a wonderful stallion. It's me."

"What are you talking about, Pinkie? You've got a loving family, lots of friends, and a double life as a crime fighting super heroine!" Cheese Sandwich said eagerly.

"And that's the problem," Pinkie Pie reluctantly told Cheese Sandwich. "I love you Cheese Sandwich, I really do! But I don't know if I can keep up the double life, knowing that you'll be expecting me to come home in one piece. It's hard enough to think about what would happen to The Cakes or my friends if I were to meet my end fighting some super villain, or even just a criminal that got lucky. You said it yourself, you're The Super Duper Party Pony! You're even better at party planning then I am, because you travel all over Equestria to plan parties. Without you, who knows if all of Equestria would ever be able to smile again?"

"Equestria would find a way, just as it did before I became a party pony." Cheese Sandwich replied.

"But what about you?" Pinkie Pie asked, trying desperately to hold back tears. "What would happen to you if I one day I took off to fight crime somewhere, and I never came home? How would you cope?"

Cheese Sandwich opened his mouth to say something, but suddenly he found himself at a loss for words. It was as if he'd never considered such a thing before.

"So do you see now?" Pinkie Pie asked. "How I can put my life at risk knowing that you'll be waiting for me? I never considered such a thing when I was with Pokey Pierce, and now I wish I really had. Maybe if I'd considered this before I started a relationship with him, he'd still be alive. I don't want to lose you, Cheese Sandwich, you're too important! To me, and to Equestria as a whole!"

"Pinkie, please! We can work through those concerns together!" Cheese Sandwich pleaded. "Don't let what happened with Pokey Pierce and the fear of losing me keep us apart! I love you!"

"I know you do, Cheese Sandwich," Pinkie Pie unhappily replied, as she turned and trotted away. "But for now, I just... need some time to think." In her mind she was thinking. "At least I need to think about how to deal with what almost happened last night. If the suit really is alive or trying to control me, I need to know how to thwart it. Maybe Twilight will have some ideas." And with that, Pinkie Pie set off for Twilight's castle, leaving Cheese Sandwich behind.

"Pinkie, please don't push me away out of fear," Cheese Sandwich thought, as he watched Pinkie Pie leave. "Whatever's troubling you, I just want to help."


Twilight was quite surprised to receive a knock on her front door. She hadn't been expecting company. Even so, she wasn't about to turn away a guest that had knocked politely (as opposed to the last guest, who had come charging in unannounced).

Upon opening the front door, Twilight was quite surprised to see Pinkie Pie in what appeared to be a blackish-blue alien spider suit. "Pinkie?" she asked.

"Twilight, you have to help me!" Pinkie Pie pleaded.

"Help you with?" Twilight asked with a most puzzling look on her face.

"It's this new suit!" Pinkie replied. "I think it's alive, and it's trying to control me!"

"Pinkie, don't be ridiculous, clothes don't just come to life." Twilight said with a shake of her head.

"I think this spider suit begs to differ," Pinkie protested. "Please, just run some tests on it or something! If I'm wrong, you can laugh at me and call me a fool all you want."

"Oh, very well," Twilight sighed, as she allowed Pinkie to enter the castle. "But before we begin, I think there's somepony here who you'll be very pleased to see again."

For the first time since waking up that morning, Pinkie Pie felt like she was genuinely going to smile. "Do you mean-" she began.

"-She sure does." a familiar voice replied in a friendly tone. Pinkie spun around, and saw Starlight Glimmer, still looking a bit singed from where she'd been struck but otherwise unharmed.

"Starlight!" Pinkie Pie squealed happily, running over and embracing her friend in a big hug. "You're all better?"

"For the most part," Starlight nodded. "The doctors say it's a real miracle I pulled through. But, it came with a bit of a price."

"What sort of price?" Pinkie Pie asked. "You look fine to me."

Starlight's response was to light up her horn, and encase the glow around her front right hoof. Much to Pinkie's shock, when the glow had faded the hoof was gone! "Apparently, getting hit with your own magic can cause lots of problem. In my case, it resulted in a magic build up," Starlight explained. "They were able to get it confined to my front right hoof, but it had to be removed in order to prevent the build up from spreading and causing more damage."

"Oh, Starlight. I'm so sorry you had to lose your front right hoof," Pinkie replied, her happy mood fading. "I should've been there for you."

"Don't blame yourself, Pinkie. You couldn't have known about that armored stallion," Starlight said, using her front left hoof to reassuringly embrace her friend. "What matters is that I'm okay, and thanks to you the thief who took the meteorite fragment went to jail. Plus, losing my hoof has gotten me interested in a new field of research, one that I think could help lots of ponies and non ponies."

"Just don't get obessed with it like you did with equality and revenge." Pinkie Pie joked.

Starlight said nothing, she just looked away shamefully. Despite how long she'd spent with Twilight, she still hated being reminded of her past misdeeds.


The next few hours passed anxiously for Pinkie Pie, as Twilight, Starlight, and Spike all examined her new spider suit quite thoroughly.

Twilight and Starlight also took the liberty of comparing their notes on the suit, with the notes about the meteorite fragment (since Pinkie had recovered it, they had spent time study its properties. First Twilight and Spike, and then Twilight, Starlight, and Spike once Starlight had come home from the hospital).

All the while, Pinkie Pie's thoughts kept drifting back to Cheese Sandwich, and she realized now that she had been too harsh with him earlier. Having allowed her fears to cloud her sense of reasoning. "I didn't mean to drive him away and make him worry," she thought to herself, wishing it was possible to punch oneself simply by thinking about it. "How could I have been so stupid?! Even if something did happen to me or happened to Cheese, Equestria would eventually find a way to move on. What I should've focused on was the present, not the possible future. Well, once I know what's going on with my new suit, I'm going to find Cheese and apologize. I just hope he'll still want me."

At last, the extensive testing and examining of Pinkie's new suit came to an end. But Twilight had some very bad news. "After careful examination of the suit, Starlight and I have come to the conclusion it is indeed alive. Apparently, some kind of alien lived inside of that meteorite, and while you were battling The Rhino it found a way to leap from its home to your spider suit."

"That explains the mysterious black blob, and why it wasn't on my old suit when I checked on it this morning!" Pinkie Pie realized.

"It gets worse," Starlight glumly added. "The suit puts an increased mental strain on the user, increasing the frequency of emotions such as fear and anger. If you are not in a clear state of mind, free of outside distractions, the alien that makes up the suit can take control. You've got to get rid of it, Pinkie!"

"Okay, but how?" Pinkie asked. "Any weaknesses?"

"From what we could gather, this alien life form has no weaknesses," Twilight said seriously. "The only way it will come off is if you tell it to!"

"And why should I do that?!" Pinkie Pie snapped, as she approached Twilight with a look that seemed anything but pleasant. "This suit has given me incredible new powers, I'm at least twice as strong as I was before! And given the kinds of threats I'm encountering these days, I need all the strength I can get! Who are you to tell me I should get rid of it?! I can train myself to keep up with the demands the suit brings!"

"Pinkie, calm down!" Spike pleaded. "The suit's trying to take control again, you can't let that happen. Just take it off, it's not worth the risks! You might do something you'll come to regret!"

Pinkie Pie shook her head, and took some deep breaths. That seemed to do the trick, she was back in control. "You're right, Spike. I HAVE to take off this suit!" she realized.


But at that moment, there came a scream from outside the castle. Seconds later, Rainbow Dash came zooming in with a look that made it seem as if she'd just seen a ghost. "It's Electro!" she panted, struggling to catch her breath. "He's terrorizing Time Turner's place!"

"What does he want with the good doctor?" Twilight asked.

"He's demanding that the doc fix him," Rainbow Dash explained. "Says he'll blow up the lab and everything in it, including the doctor!"

"This is my fault, I brought him here," Pinkie Pie said glumly. "When I left him on that rooftop in Manehattan, he was humiliated and furious. He's attacking the doc to lure me out, he wants revenge."

"Then you have to stay here!" Starlight pleaded. "Let us deal with Electro, you focus on getting rid of your new suit."

"Electro by yourselves? Thanks but no thanks!" Pinkie Pie said seriously. "The last time I put myself before others, Uncle Al payed the price! I'll deal with Electro once and for all, then I'll worry about the suit."

"But Pinkie-" Starlight demanded.

"I'll be fine, somehow I'll keep the suit from controlling me," Pinkie Pie replied. "Right now, there's an innocent pony who's life could be at stake. I have to make sure he doesn't get hurt. The rest of you stay out of this! If anything happens to me, send for the royal guard!" And with that, Pinkie Pie swung out of the castle window, bound for Time Turner's lab.

Author's Note:

And now we can start focusing on Pinkie's developing relationship with Cheese Sandwich, who will be playing the role of Marry Jane as well as Venom.